Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Oak barrels, vaten, opslag van wijn

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Oak barrels, vaten, opslag van wijn
09 July 2019 17:00
What is cheaper than oak barrels and sometimes better?

To use oak chips and oak staves as an alternative to oak barrels has been allowed in France for around 10 years now. And producers do use them. Not so much in the regions that have traditionally always used oak barrels, such as Burgundy, Bordeaux and the rest of the Southwest.

[www.bkwine.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.

3 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 02/04/2020 08:31 door JohnCopier.
Is Oak Over?
13 June 2019 09:49
When you get serious about wine, the first thing you learn to hate is the taste of new oak. It’s a childish taste, haughty sommeliers sniff, and only unsophisticated people like it.

[vinepair.com]

John

The classy Cooper Bicycle is made from old wine barrels
19 March 2019 16:22
Although used-up wine barrels can be turned into items such as planters, wineries generally just throw the things out. Lance Rake isn't a fan of such wastefulness, so he's developed a new use for the barrels. He wants to turn them into cruiser bikes, one of which he's already built.

Te mooi om op te fietsen.

[newatlas.com]

John

Tekort aan bourbonvaten zorgt voor problemen vatgerijpte whiskeybieren
22 January 2018 15:47
Door de wereldwijde grote populariteit van Bourbon whiskey is de productie van vaten niet meer te volgen. De prijs per vat is daardoor de laatste jaren meer dan verdubbel naar ruim $200,-. Vanwege de hoge vatprijs en populariteit van bourbon kiezen destilleerders ervoor om Bourbon steeds langer te laten rijpen en de vaten daarna te hergebruiken voor andere spirits. Hierdoor komen steeds minder vaten op de aftermarket.

Zo'n biertje heeft wel wat.

[www.derestaurantkrant.nl]

John

Re: Tekort aan bourbonvaten zorgt voor problemen vatgerijpte whiskeybieren
22 January 2018 16:43
Doe je er toch zelf een scheutje in? smiling bouncing smiley
Snap die flauwe kul met Sauternes vaten en malt whisky ook al niet...
Re: Tekort aan bourbonvaten zorgt voor problemen vatgerijpte whiskeybieren
22 January 2018 17:15
Vatgerijpte whiskybieren? eye popping smiley
Een wereldprimeur in Den Helder: het duurzame biervat
14 September 2017 16:23
Heeft weinig met wijn te maken. Maar soms... kan ik toch echt van een biertje genieten.

[www.trouw.nl]

John

Wat is er mis met een gewoon vat?
29 December 2016 18:05
Een fles waarvoor je een kraan nodig hebt. 1590 liter wijn in een fles. Je moet wat doen om op te vallen. In ieder geval haal je de krant.

[www.bvz.at]#

John

Re: Wat is er mis met een gewoon vat?
29 December 2016 19:35
Inderdaad is dit volkomen nutteloos!
De vaten van Margaux.
27 January 2016 18:30
Mijn oog viel op "De vaten van Chateau Margaux" en natuurlijk het bier. Want ons is ook verlekkerd op echt bier. En nu komt er wat nieuws. Dat wordt in de rij staan.

[biernetwerk.nl]

Ik heb het adres en de openingstijden even opgezocht.
Contact Us
Our brewery is open to the public every Saturday from 14:00 to 18:00 at Kasteelstraat 50, Oostvleteren.
Onze brouwerij is iedere zaterdagnamiddag open voor het publiek van 14:00 tot 18:00 in de Kasteelstraat 50, Oostvleteren.
Our Struise Beershop in Bruges, Burg 15-2 (next to the Holy Blood Chapel), is open on Thursday, Friday & Saturday, from 12:00 to 18:00.
Onze Struise bierwinkel in Brugge, Burg 15-2 (naast de Basiliek van het Heilig Bloed), is open op donderdag, vrijdag en zaterdag van 12:00 tot 18:00. Info: +32 495 28 86 23

John

Hoe bewaar je wijn ?
26 March 2020 13:13
Hoe bewaar je wijn ?

Ben jij een levensgenieter die zich afvraagt hoe je het je wijnflessen bewaart? We geven je alvast enkele tips hoe je nog lang kan nagenieten van jouw bordeauxwijnen !

[www.bordeaux.com]

John

Oak in winemaking; dissecting the origin, selection and science of barrels
14 April 2020 17:12
Oak in winemaking; dissecting the origin, selection and science of barrels

For over 2000 years oak has been a fundamental component in the production, maturation and transport of wine. First used by merchants as a vessel for transporting finished wine, its capacity to transform the liquid within was arguably a serendipitous byproduct of its initial purely practical use. Decisions associated with the preparation and use of oak in winemaking are arguably some of the most influential in defining style, be that regional, site-specific or that of an individual vigneron. Often under-appreciated, the journey of the oak barrel from forest to cellar reveals an intricate and complex story, one of nature, craft and science.

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

Coumarin compounds from oak barrels could contribute to bitter taste in wine and spirits
16 July 2020 17:10
Coumarin compounds from oak barrels could contribute to bitter taste in wine and spirits

Wine and spirits are complex mixtures of flavor and aroma compounds, some of which arise during aging in wooden barrels. Among other compounds, oak wood releases coumarins, but how they affect wine's sensory properties is unclear. Now, researchers have detected and measured six coumarins in oak wood, wine and spirits, showing that a combination of these compounds can produce a bitter taste.

[www.sciencedaily.com]

John

SALES OF WHISKY CASKS UP 300% AT VCL VINTNERS
19 February 2021 18:20
SALES OF WHISKY CASKS UP 300% AT VCL VINTNERS

Year on year sales of whisky casks at London broker VCL Vintners are up by 300%, with the firm reporting a surge in interest from investors aged 18-44.

Die doorleefde koppen, stenen van een paar honderd jaar op de achtergrond en natuurlijk de vaten. Prachtig toch!!!

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Oak decline
02 March 2021 10:43
Oak decline

For the next two months or so the wine business’s two great ancillary suppliers, cork producers and coopers, will be anxiously watching weather reports in the northern hemisphere. Damaging frosts such as those that shrank the 2017 wine harvest in Europe have a serious subsequent effect on their bottom lines.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Re: Oak decline
02 March 2021 10:45
A review of “Le Nez du Vin – Oak”

For those not familiar with Le Nez du Vin, this is a series of aroma and learning tools created by, Jean Lenoir, a Frenchman originally from Burgundy who has been a wine educator most of life. The goal is to give people a core breakdown of aromas in complex liquids via little vials reminiscent of perfumes as seen in this latest release, aptly called, “Oak“.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Neutral Oak
26 April 2021 17:13
Neutral Oak

The wine was a technical perfection. It was made with beautiful, ripe fruit by a talented, technically proficient winemaker. The color was gorgeous, but there was one big problem. I could not bear to drink it.

The wine tasted like a big California pinot — not, as they said on Seinfeld, that there’s anything wrong with that. The problem was that this wine was from Burgundy.

[craigcamp.com]

John

Winemakers in this Italian Region Eschew Oak for Cherry Wood
30 June 2021 17:28
Winemakers in this Italian Region Eschew Oak for Cherry Wood

“In the past, wooden barrels had a simple function, and that was to transport wine from one place to another,” says Andrea Tella, enologist at Serego Alighieri, a historic Valpolicella winery in Veneto, Italy. “Winemakers would use whatever wood was available to them locally and historically, [and] here in Valpolicella, there has always been a sizable cherry presence.”

[www.winemag.com]

John

French ‘hybrid’ wine barrel made of clay and wood 'is the future'
22 November 2021 14:04
French ‘hybrid’ wine barrel made of clay and wood 'is the future'

Some winemakers in France and abroad have been experimenting with clay fermentation vessels, similar to the amphoras used by ancient Romans

[www.connexionfrance.com]

John

The Future of America's Bourbon Barrels Could Be in Danger
13 January 2022 18:17
The Future of America's Bourbon Barrels Could Be in Danger

America is reportedly using more white oak than it will be able to produce under current conditions.

[www.foodandwine.com]

John

Why Is Bourbon-Barrel Wine So Popular?
22 January 2022 13:19
Why Is Bourbon-Barrel Wine So Popular?

Some see it as an abomination. Others can’t get enough

[www.pix.wine]

John

Why Some Winemakers Are Embracing New Oak
15 July 2022 11:33
Why Some Winemakers Are Embracing New Oak

Aging wine in new oak barrels has a bad reputation in certain circles, and it’s not entirely unfounded. When used excessively, new oak can overpower the fruity or earthy nuances in wine and, in worst case scenarios, may be deliberately employed to hide disagreeable flavors or even flaws.

However, some forward-thinking winemakers have an affinity for using new oak in the cellar. Here’s why.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Sauternes to release ‘certified’ barrels for whisky
27 September 2022 13:33
Sauternes to release ‘certified’ barrels for whisky

A programme is underway to bring out certified Sauternes barrels for sale to the whisky and bourbon industry. These authenticated barrels, using QR codes to guarantee both their origin and previous use in the production of Bordeaux’s most famous sweet wine, are in recognition of a growing sector of the drinks industry.

[janeanson.com]

John

Serbian Oak barrels. Too good to be true?
17 January 2023 11:34
Serbian Oak barrels. Too good to be true?

BARRIQUE SA is introducing the highest quality Serbian Oak barrels to the SA market at very competitive prices. The high quality and durability of our barrels make them a wise investment for any winery.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen