Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Languedoc/Roussillon

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Languedoc/Roussillon
06 November 2019 18:38
Languedoc co-operatives asked to maintain wine prices, at the very least

“There is no reason to be pessimistic in the region. We are fortunate to have a diversified range of wines covering appellations and PGIs, which gives us the flexibility to adapt our product profiles to suit market demand”, commented Ludovic Roux.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 30/11/2019 12:53 door JohnCopier.
The Terrasses du Larzac’s 5th birthday celebration.
05 November 2019 18:06
When I was first writing about the Languedoc 30 years ago, no one had ever heard of the Terrasses du Larzac. In my book, The wines of the South of France, published in 2001, I gave it a fleeting mention. Now look how things have changed.

Wat doet mij dit naar de zomer vakantie verlangen.

[tastelanguedoc.blogspot.com]

John

Re: The Terrasses du Larzac’s 5th birthday celebration.
06 November 2019 11:22
John, volgende maand worden de dagen al weer langer.
80 ha of land for self-sufficiency in vine production
04 October 2019 17:17
Vine nursery Lilian Bérillon in Jonquières, Vaucluse, has announced the acquisition of an 80 ha property to establish its future nurseries. The objective is to be totally self-sufficient in the raw materials needed to produce rooted grafts.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

New DGC region for Côtes de Provence
26 September 2019 17:16
The Côtes de Provence AOC has announced its fifth sub-region to achieve DGC national terroir designation status.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

The Languedoc is ‘the next classic region of France’
23 September 2019 17:23
The sleeping giant of the Languedoc is “the next classic wine region of France”, according to Matthew Stubbs MW, due to the ever-increasing quality of its wines.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Gérard Bertrand bottles his new brand in a ceramic bottle
17 May 2019 18:04
Will Gérard Bertrand's ceramic bottle be a major innovation in the wine department? The launch of the ‘Art de vivre’ brand in ceramic bottles recalling materials used to make amphora will most certainly be the stand-out packaging of 2019. Sporting etchings reminiscent of Jean Cocteau or Picasso in Vallauris (individual sensitivities will be the judge), the bottle is unlikely to go unnoticed, not only because of its colours but also because the colour of the wine is hidden.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: Gérard Bertrand bottles his new brand in a ceramic bottle
18 May 2019 18:30
Cigalus, mooie herinneringen aan de vakantie in 2016. Dit is echt een wijn om even bij stil te staan.

[foodwineclick.com]

John

Re: Gérard Bertrand bottles his new brand in a ceramic bottle
05 September 2019 17:26
Gérard Bertrand: making ‘the world’s best red wine’ in the Languedoc

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Cinsault’s Fresh New Look
21 August 2019 17:28
Open and bright, with soft tannins and ripe red fruit notes, Cinsault (or Cinsaut) is often used as a blending grape. Historically, when wine fashions have turned bigger and bolder, its roots have been ripped out across Languedoc-Roussillon, Rhône and Provence: It went from a peak of more than 125,000 acres in the late 1970s to less than 50,000 acres today. But as warmer vintages become more frequent, some of the variety’s “flaws” are increasingly seen as desirable qualities. Its yields can become too high, especially in young vines, but Cinsault manages to retain acidity and keep its sugars low in even the hottest conditions, providing much-needed freshness to red wines and rosés. In Provence, the variety can make up a significant proportion of the latter.

[www.winemag.com]

John

French Authorities Give A Corsican Wine Producer The Blues
12 August 2019 13:39
There’s red wine, white wine, pink (rosé) wine and, some say, orange wine, (which appears more like amber). The first color is closest to the natural outside color of red grapes and the second color mimicks the inside color of all grape varieties; rosé and orange wines are the result of certain processes. But if wine was the color blue, what do you imagine would be the reason for that? And what do you imagine the wine would be called?

[www.forbes.com]

John

European Classics: Red Garnacha from Spain and Grenache from France
11 August 2019 10:40
With an eye towards quality, the European Union Geographical Indications (GIs), Protected Geographical Indications (PGIs), and Protected Designations of Origin (PDOs) works to ensure and protect specific products to promote their unique characteristics, which are linked to their geographical EU origin as well as traditional know-how. This allows consumers to trust products, including wine, with these EU certifications.

[garnachagrenache.com]

John

Domaine Tempier
02 August 2019 23:07
Elk jaar moet ik twee flessen rosé hebben!
Maar dit jaar pas in augustus verkrijgbaar en bij mijn wijnhandel lagen ze niet eens in de winkel.
Ging op naam en geen flesje extra?
Alles gaat naar de VS.....
Laat Trump het maar niet horen grinning smiley
Ik koop er twee, drink er één en bewaar de ander voor later.
Vorig jaar blijkbaar dat drinken vergeten eye rolling smiley

Château d'Esclans
27 July 2019 15:08
Vorige week 3 flessen besteld.
De Garrus als beste rosé van de wereld?
Ook Les Clans is op hout gerijpt.
Ben benieuwd!
De linker fles had ik nog van vorig jaar.
Rock Angel dronk ik overig jaar ook al en was uitstekend.

Languedoc: raise a glass in France's hidden organic wine gem
23 July 2019 17:13
With a wine-making history stretching back to the Greeks, you'll find plenty to toast in southern France

Think of a French wine holiday and your mind instinctively drifts towards Champagne and Burgundy, or Bordeaux and Beaujolais.

Organic wine-lovers, however, know there is only one region to visit: Languedoc, France’s secret treasure.

[www.theweek.co.uk]

John

This Powerful Little Grape Is About To Change The Wine Scene
02 July 2019 17:12
During the 18th century French Revolution, disgruntled citizens shook pitchforks and oohed with fascination at an invention called the guillotine; they extracted their wrath on wigged and heeled members of the aristocracy, considering them out of touch with their peasant subjects. In 1793, near the base of the Pyrenees peaks in southern France, a band of rebels from the town of Lescar mobbed a château to the north known as Cabidos. They torched everything flammable within stone structures and were about to murder the resident Du Vignau de Trubessé family when the baroness (and mother) lured the attackers to a cellar and provided them with wine. The mob drank themselves to such inebriation that they abandoned their planned executions.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Freak blast or taste of the future? French wine-makers count heatwave cost
01 July 2019 17:12
"It's a warning," Catherine Bernard said gravely as she surveyed rows of withered vines at her wine estate in southern France, where a blazing Sun scorched part of the harvest.

[today.rtl.lu]

John

Corbières to require environmental certification
13 June 2019 17:00
Het gaat nu serieus werk worden.

The winemaking syndicat in the Languedoc appellation Corbières has announced that by 2024 AOC certification will also require environmental certification.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Languedoc in great need of irrigation
06 June 2019 17:07
Irrigatie in Frankrijk is als vloeken in de kerk. Kennelijk niet in de Languedoc.

[www.bkwine.com]

John

Re: Languedoc in great need of irrigation
07 June 2019 06:43
Nood breekt wet cool smiley
Guest Wine Writer: Jill Barth – The Wines of Baux de Provence
30 May 2019 18:32
Some things never get old: a late-sleep on the weekend, a hug from my kids, the scent of cinnamon apple, and wine from southern France…

[lmarcher.com]

John

Vines start to flower in Southern France
28 May 2019 17:00
We liggen op koers.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Mediterranean Climate — Why it’s Great for Winegrowing
21 May 2019 17:28
Climate is the weather of a particular place over a long period of time. And it is arguably the single, most-important factor determining the character of fine wine from any given region. Climate largely determines which grape varieties are viable, how ripe they usually get, and if there will be significant vintage variation. We often hear that California’s top wine regions have a Mediterranean climate, but what does that mean?

[www.fredswan.wine]

John

Languedoc appellations’ spectacular move upmarket
24 April 2019 18:10
Right off the bat, Miren de Lorgeril, chair of the Languedoc wine marketing board CIVL, set the tone: “Languedoc is nothing short of a phenomenon. Its move upmarket is spectacular”, she said on April 18 at a press conference in Paris. And to back her statement up, she has no shortage of arguments.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Wines of the Languedoc: A Guide
19 April 2019 17:52
Prachtig gebied. Schitterende wijnen en... betaalbaar.

[www.winerist.com]

John

Vins : Premier épisode du « Game of Terroirs » de l’IVBD [Vidéo]
15 April 2019 16:59
Alors que la planète découvrait ce lundi 15 avril le premier épisode de la très attendue dernière saison de la série Game of Thrones, l’interprofession des vins de Bergerac et de Duras (IVBD) fait le buzz avec une nouvelle campagne de communication sur les réseaux sociaux baptisée « Game of Terroirs ». Une manière de rebondir avec humour sur cet évènement mondial.

Dit is humor. Goed bedacht en uitgevoerd.

[www.rayon-boissons.com]

John

Re: Vins : Premier épisode du « Game of Terroirs » de l’IVBD [Vidéo]
16 April 2019 11:04
Bij toeval gevonden. Hier kun je dagen mee bezig zijn om alles te bekijken.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Vins : Premier épisode du « Game of Terroirs » de l’IVBD [Vidéo]
16 April 2019 11:43
Wanneer ik terugkom op deze wereld dan kom ik als hond van deze wijnboer op de wereld. Beetje slapen en je baas knipt. grinning smiley

John

A French region calculates the true cost of its wine
01 April 2019 17:36
Getting out of the unprofitable bottom end of the market is a priority for many wine producers, whether they are major producers like Constellation—who have said this is “urgent” for their business—or small European winegrowers. A project conducted by the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins AOC du Languedoc & IGP Sud de France (Languedoc Wines Council) has demonstrated why winegrowers literally cannot afford to be in this segment.

[www.meininger.de]

John

Re: A French region calculates the true cost of its wine
01 April 2019 17:38
Languedoc producers pulling out of "unprofitable" bottom end of market

[app.vinex.market]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen