Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Nieuwe wereld
26 November 2019 17:57
The Zinfandel Primer

Zinfandel is America's wine. Although American wine drinkers often pass up Zin in favor of higher profile reds like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the future is looking very good for Zinfandel.

[www.geralddboydonwine.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 30/11/2019 12:20 door JohnCopier.
Aussie fire update: No direct damage to vineyards but still areas of concern
22 November 2019 18:33
Angus Barnes, executive officer of the New South Wales Wine Industry Association, has said that he is not aware of any direct damage to vineyards and wineries in the state, but that there are still a number of fires causing concern.

Ik zag vandaag een berichtje langsgaan dat dit alles bij 45 graden Celsius plaatsvindt. En de warmste dagen moeten nog komen.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Grapes of wrath: Israel sours on West Bank winery in spat over EU labeling
12 November 2019 18:12
The Israeli government very rarely publicly locks horns with pro-Israel advocates. But that’s what’s been happening in the last few days, as anonymous officials in Jerusalem criticized Psagot, a winery in the West Bank, for going to court against the European Union’s policy of labeling products made by Israelis in the settlements.

[www.timesofisrael.com]

John

David Gluckman on how he created the first red Chardonnay
20 November 2019 18:10
It was an advert for a cleaning product that ‘kills 99% of all known living germs’ that led former drinks inventor David Gluckman to come up with the idea of Red Chardonnay. He asked himself what happens to the other 1% ? Because, if wine law stipulates that only 75% of a wine has to be Chardonnay to be called Chardonnay then what about the other 25% ? So Gluckman decided to add 25% of a red wine to Chardonnay and call it Red Chardonnay. The year was 2001 and (unbelievably) this actually happened. Read on to find out what came next.

Kunnen wij nu ook thuis op de aanrecht maken.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

The Oldest “New” Fine Wine Grape
11 November 2019 18:16
When talking about noble wine grapes, chances are good that Furmint isn’t on the tip of your tongue (figuratively, or literally). Which is a shame, because its white wines might be some of the most interesting that you’re not (yet) drinking.

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

Alistair Morrell: is wine innovation up to the ‘Marshmallow Challenge’?
06 November 2019 18:20
If you have ever done a business management course then you would probably have been asked to complete some team bonding task that involves building something out using nothing more than string and a few basic items. Upgrade to an MBA course it becomes known as the ‘Marshmallow Challenge’. Either way it is all about testing our ability to think laterally and be creative. An exercise everyone in the wine industry should be asked to do says MBA graduate himself Alistair Morrell.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Top 100 Wines of 2019 and our Wine of the Year
01 November 2019 17:54
My son Jack, Senior Editor Nick Stock and I are going to remember 2019 for a long time. It was the year that we discovered more than 50 perfect wines among the 25,000 we rated. In fact, we can’t remember a year quite like it; it was truly phenomenal for great wines. It seems that just about every major wine region released great wines onto the market, the majority being from the 2015 and 2016 vintages. These duo vintages will long be remembered much like 1989 and 1990 for Bordeaux. However, 2017 and 2018 should not be forgotten — both produced some exceptional wines, particularly whites.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

TEN MORE GRAPES TO KNOW.
22 October 2019 17:28
One of the joys of the annual wine harvest is being able to get up close and personal with a good variety of grapes, bursting with ripened flavors on the vine. Since there are over 100 wine grapes grown in Lodi alone, this time of year is paradisaical for a professional oenophile able to walk freely among the vines.

[www.lodigrowers.com]

John

Merlot is Back
16 October 2019 17:05
Up until I had that 21st birthday bottle of Delille Harrison Hill 1998, a gift from a family friend, merlot dominates my wine-associated memories. My mother kept a bottle of merlot – the winery, I don’t remember, but I imagine a rotating selection of places like Chateau St. Michelle, J. Lohr, Mondavi and Charles Shaw – in the refrigerator with some frequency. I never took much interest in its presence there. I wasn’t one of those kids who stole pulls from the liquor cabinet, adding a quick stream of facet water to the half-full bottle of vodka in a futile effort to deceive my parents. I didn’t keep a six pack of Busch Light in my closet.

[goodvitis.com]

John

In focus: Chile’s most profitable grape
23 September 2019 17:21
While some producers in Chile are excited by the resurgence of native grapes, others insist that stalwarts like Cabernet Sauvignon should not be forgotten in the rush to herald the likes of País and Carignan, discovers Phoebe French.

John

New-Zealands wine industry celebrates its 200th anniversary.
17 September 2019 17:36
On September 25, 1819, Reverend Samuel Marsden planted the first vines in New Zealand. ‘New Zealand promises to be very favourable to the vine… should it succeed, it will prove of vast important in this part of the globe’, he prophesied. With the industry now a NZ $1.83bn ($1.17bn USD) export earner, his prediction has been more than fulfilled.

[www.beveragedaily.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 17/09/2019 18:46 door JohnCopier.
Australian Reds: The Days of Overblown Shiraz Are Gone
16 September 2019 17:34
The days of Australian wine being synonymous with over-extracted, unbalanced fruit juice are mercifully past us. Yet to a certain extent, and among a certain generation of consumers, the stigma has proven to be frustratingly persistent.

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

A Revolution of Place: Argentina Classifies Its Terroirs
06 September 2019 17:58
Until quite recently, one might have been forgiven for describing Argentina’s wine industry as a vast enterprise that made little distinction between different styles and terroirs. That is no longer the case.

[vinous.com]

John

In focus: Argentina’s white wines
04 September 2019 13:00
Argentine wine may be synonymous with red, and Malbec at that, but a host of producers are starting to experiment with white varieties to create wines that speak of their terroir, in a trend that is only set to grow, writes Phoebe French.

John

The Women In Argentina Making Elegant, Complex Malbec Wines
30 August 2019 14:31
Earlier this year on April 17th (better known to social media savvy wine lovers as Malbec World Day) a group of wine writers took to Twitter to highlight a couple of important women who have elevated Malbec from Argentina beyond a simple fruit forward, easy drinking wine to an elegant, complex libation. The discussion that took place was led by New York City resident Master of Wine Christy Canterbury to address the idea that this once undervalued grape in the South West of France, especially Bordeaux under the name of Côt, has not only found its home in Argentina but that women have elevated its status to a noble variety there.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Zinfandelinquent
30 August 2019 14:26
I received two e-mails about Zinfandel from Napa producers within the space of a few days. One offering said, “There is this inescapable fact that Zin grapes taste really good, and the resulting wines, can often be transcendent!” The other proposed that, “Our Favorite Summer Wine is Zinfandelicious!” Herein lies the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the varietal in our culture.

[www.vinfabula.com]

John

US brewery receives death threats over nuclear test site beer
19 August 2019 17:13
The Manhattan Project Beer Co., based in Texas, has received death threats, “significant harassment” and criticism on social media after it released a beer named after a nuclear testing site.

John

Re: US brewery receives death threats over nuclear test site beer
19 August 2019 17:23
Zulke bedreigingen zijn natuurlijk nooit goed maar waarom verzin je zo’n bedrijfsnaam en zet je compleet verwoeste eilanden op je blikjes?
En doodsbedreigingen in een land waar ze qua wapens de weg kwijt zijn zou ik toch vrij serieus nemen.
New world record set for Japanese whisky
19 August 2019 17:11
A complete set of Hanyu Ichiro’s ‘Card Series’ has been sold by Bonhams in Hong Kong for HK$7.1 million (US$917,000) – nearly double the previous record.

John

New world record set for Japanese whisky
16 August 2019 17:39
A complete set of Hanyu Ichiro’s ‘Card Series’ has been sold by Bonhams in Hong Kong for HK$7.1 million (US$917,000) – nearly double the previous record.

John

Re: New world record set for Japanese whisky
16 August 2019 19:45
Leuk setje......
Ok, de prijs is even een tandje minder!
Europe seeking feta and scotch beef protection as Australia pushes back on prosecco claims
13 August 2019 17:24
Europe's bid to stop Australian cheesemakers using the name feta has advanced but its claim on the sparkling wine prosecco is facing growing opposition amid ongoing trade talks.

[www.abc.net.au]

John

Chilean winery makes concrete eggs from rocks in its vineyard
12 August 2019 13:10
Cachapoal Valley-based Valle Secreto winery has taken terroir to a new level by making its own concrete eggs using rocks from its vineyards, which it will use to age a new range of wines called Origen.

John

The history behind the great Australian red blend
18 July 2019 17:23
Who was the originator of the “great Australian red” blend, the cabernet shiraz? I recently read a claim that Yalumba was the originator – and another that the cabernet shiraz blend is unique to Australia.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

The Grand Illusion
20 July 2019 06:53
Some years ago I lent a recording of Bartok’s Concerto for Orchestra to a colleague. We’d been having a series of conversations about classical music that ended in 20th century works. I remember raving about Bartok’s concerto, my favorite 20th century piece. I promised my friend I would lend him a CD of the legendary Fritz Reiner Chicago Symphony recording. The next day I did just that with high hopes he would love the piece as much as I did—or at least like it.

[www.timgaiser.com]

John

Amerikanen houden van BBQ.
04 July 2019 07:41
Brand bij Jim Beam verwoest tienduizenden vaten bourbon.

[nos.nl]

John

Re: Amerikanen houden van BBQ.
04 July 2019 09:10
Oh oh, op de Bourbon/Whisky markt zal de prijs per hectoliter wel flink stijgen grinning smiley

Flinke brand trouwens.
04 July 2019 11:49
Brand vernielt 45.000 vaten whisky in Kentucky

[www.tijd.be]

John

04 July 2019 12:01
Jim Beam warehouse fire torches 45,000 barrels of bourbon

[www.beveragedaily.com]

John

04 July 2019 17:17
Toch blijft het moeilijk om het nu Bourbon of whisky te noemen in de pers.
Of zijn er 45.000 vaten van de een én 45.000 vaten van de ander verloren gegaan? grinning smiley
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen