Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Noordelijke en zuidelijke Rhône

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Rhone Valley Wine Legend Michel Chapoutier Using Bioresonance Therapy For His Vines
21 September 2020 17:30
Rhone Valley Wine Legend Michel Chapoutier Using Bioresonance Therapy For His Vines

When it comes to new leaps in science there are always debates whether the good of such advancements outweigh the bad. One such leap in science is CRISPR, a powerful tool that “can target and cut sections of DNA like a pair of molecular scissors”. Besides helping to improve crops by preventing genetic defects and disease, it has become a subject that is currently being widely debated among the scientific community as a necessary tool to lessen human suffering. But there is a moral conundrum when opening the can of worms of such a tool justified by preventing diseases and disorders as it leaves an opportunity wide open for unethical people in power to promote a misguided ideal in the human race and intentionally wiping out a large swath of the diversity of the world.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Grapes of the Rhone Valley: Vaccarèse
06 October 2020 17:00
Grapes of the Rhone Valley: Vaccarèse

There's not much that's more fun for us here at Tablas Creek than getting to explore new, rare, and little-known grapes. So last year, when we harvested three grapes for the first time ever, was a bonanza for us. Two of these grapes (Bourboulenc and Cinsaut) are fairly well known in France, with Cinsaut even achieving enough success to have been brought to regions as diverse as Spain, South Africa, Australia and California. But much less is known about the last of the three new grapes, Vaccarèse. One of the rarest grapes in Chateauneuf-du-Pape appellation at just over 10 acres1, Vaccarèse accounts for just 0.3% of the appellation's acreage. There is little more outside Chateauneuf, with just 28 acres recorded in France as of 2016 and none, until we brought in ours, elsewhere in the world2. We've now picked two vintages of this grape, and while we don't know a ton yet, we're excited enough that I thought it would be fun to take a deep dive into what we have learned.

Dat zal Harry Karis goed doen dat hij weer eens wordt genoemd.

[tablascreek.typepad.com]

John

IDEALWINE UPDATE: WHEN IN RHÔNE
13 October 2020 17:23
IDEALWINE UPDATE: WHEN IN RHÔNE

The Gonon brothers farm and ferment in the traditional method, and their meticulousness has led to them becoming a leading light of Saint-Joseph.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Grapes of the Rhone Valley: Bourboulenc
21 October 2020 17:35
Grapes of the Rhone Valley: Bourboulenc

It's been an exciting couple of years for us getting to discover new grapes. Ten days ago, Muscardin became the fourteenth and final grape in the Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape collection to make it into the cellar at Tablas Creek. I wrote about it on the occasion of its grafting into the vineyard last June, and we're hoping to ferment maybe 10 gallons this year. I've written this summer about two red grapes that we harvested for the first time in 2019: Vaccarèse and Cinsaut. These are both sitting quietly in the cellar, awaiting bottling next year. But somehow I haven't yet written about Bourboulenc, which we've already put into bottle and even sent out to the members of our white wine VINsider club this fall. It's particularly egregious that I haven't taken up Bourboulenc given that it was the grape my dad was the most excited about when we decided to import seven obscure Chateauneuf du Pape grapes in 2003. So, let's dive in.

[tablascreek.typepad.com]

John

New Côtes du Rhône Villages appellation granted – Nyons
26 October 2020 18:33
New Côtes du Rhône Villages appellation granted – Nyons

After more than twenty years, and from a pool of over 90 communes that produce wine under the Côtes du Rhône-Villages AOC, Nyons has been promoted and awarded the 22nd Côtes du Rhône named village

[www.decanter.com]

John

Vineyard irrigation is becoming a priority for the Côtes-du-Rhône
05 February 2021 18:05
Vineyard irrigation is becoming a priority for the Côtes-du-Rhône

Faced with the “recurring problem of securing income”, solutions involve enhancing the price of the wines and better yields, claimed Denis Guthmuller, the new chairman of the Côtes du Rhône winegrowers’ organisation, on January 27 during a video press conference. To support sales of AOC Côtes-du-Rhône and Côtes-du-Rhône Villages, the organisation has its sights clearly set on ensuring 70% of its vineyards are certified organic and/or High Environmental Value/HVE by 2025. To reach production potential, Guthmuller is prioritising access to water.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

The Rhone’s North and South divide
12 February 2021 18:06
The Rhone’s North and South divide

“As a collector I would be wary about generalising about ‘the Rhône’ – it’s really two distinct regions. The Southern Rhône and the Northern Rhône rarely enjoy the same quality or style in any given vintage and the wines age differently.” – Matt Walls, Liv-ex Interview

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Guigal, Levet, Clape et Gonon | Périple dans les vignes du Rhône Nord
20 March 2021 11:21
Guigal, Levet, Clape et Gonon | Périple dans les vignes du Rhône Nord

La semaine dernière, le mardi 9 et le mercredi 10 mars, une fière petite équipe d’iDealwiners composée de Cyrille Jomand (Président Directeur Général), Raphaël de Fonscolombe (Responsable Commercial) et Constance Foussard (Chargée de Communication et de Contenu, et accessoirement votre fidèle rédactrice), explorait la vallée du Rhône septentrionale afin de visiter des domaines avec qui elle travaille de longue date. D’Ampuis à Cornas en passant par Saint-Joseph, les dégustations se sont rythmées dans une ambiance passionnante.

[www.idealwine.net]

John

Fixed price highlights | Spotlight on the Rhône
25 March 2021 17:58
Fixed price highlights | Spotlight on the Rhône

Whether you’re looking for the region’s big names or a rising star, the fruit of an illustrious appellation or something new and alternative, our selection from the Rhone is unbeatable.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Maison Guigal | Masters of the Rhône
26 March 2021 17:53

Maison Guigal has been a figure of excellence in the Rhône for more than half a century. Their superb wines are crafted from grapes grown at the domain as well as fruit bought selectively from appellations across the region. Some of these cuvées have received great acclaim from top critics.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Re: Maison Guigal | Masters of the Rhône
29 March 2021 08:10
Ik drink ze graag!
Wine guide | The Rhône Valley (1/2)
25 March 2021 12:32
Wine guide | The Rhône Valley (1/2)

Crozes-Hermitage, Cornas and Saint-Joseph are familiar names to many wine enthusiasts. But which appellation will best suit your tastes? Which wines should be aged? Which ones can be enjoyed sooner? This is a guide to help you navigate the famous Rhône Valley, and the first part is an exploration of the North.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Re: Wine guide | The Rhône Valley (1/2)
29 March 2021 12:29
Wine Guide | The Rhône Valley (2/2)

It’s difficult to let the name Châteauneuf-du-pape pass you by, since it’s one of the world’s most famous appellations. But have you heard of Beaumes-de-Venise, Rasteau or Lirac? In this second part of our guide to Rhône wines, we’re looking to the south of the region. An overview of the terroir that produces some of the finest wines on the planet, without you needing to break the bank.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Love Gamay? Here’s Why You Should Be Paying Attention to Carignan
27 May 2021 17:39
Love Gamay? Here’s Why You Should Be Paying Attention to Carignan

Certain wine grape varieties come onto the scene and strike international gold (think: your Cabernets, Merlots, and Chardonnays). Others, such as Carignan, have had a bit of a tougher time. Despite its longstanding history in France’s soils, this hearty grape had garnered itself a pretty bad rep among industry folk and vignerons alike. High yields, low- quality fruit, and a reputation for astringency caused it to be ripped out and replaced with easier-to-farm varieties, as well as those that could garner a heftier price on the international market.

[vinepair.com]

John

Why Collectors Are Seeking Out Rhône Wines
08 June 2021 17:06
Why Collectors Are Seeking Out Rhône Wines

Collectors are zeroing in on the Rhône Valley. Here’s how to join them

[www.pix.wine]

John

Rhone wines open Chinese promotion office
30 June 2021 17:08
Rhone wines open Chinese promotion office

After scaling back its activities in 2020 due to Covid, the Rhone Valley wine marketing board (Inter Rhone) is re-launching structuring projects in a bid to gain market shares in France and export markets, according to its chairman Philippe Pellaton at the organisation’s AGM on June 4 in Avignon. The Chinese market continues to be a strategic destination and Inter Rhone is therefore planning to open a representative office in Shanghai at the end of the year to relaunch its promotional thrusts.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Rhône Valley, the 2nd biggest French AOC, is going green
30 June 2021 17:35
Rhône Valley, the 2nd biggest French AOC, is going green

Rhône Valley is headstrong on tackling climatic and environmental challenges. Read the article on how France's second largest AOC wine region is transforming its viticulture.

[vino-joy.com]

John

Cinsault Is Ready for Its Close Up
20 July 2021 12:05
Cinsault Is Ready for Its Close Up

Long considered a blending material, Cinsault is emerging as a star in its own right

[www.pix.wine]

John

BAN DES VENDANGES 2021
13 September 2021 17:09
BAN DES VENDANGES 2021

Vendredi 10 Septembre, l'ouverture des Vendanges 2021 de l'appellation Châteauneuf-du-Pape a été officiellement proclamée au cellier du château.

[www.chateauneuf.com]

John

Talking About the Birds and the Bees: Biodiversity in Côtes du Rhône Vineyards
22 February 2022 13:36
Talking About the Birds and the Bees: Biodiversity in Côtes du Rhône Vineyards

“Humans are at the origin of deforestation for the development of agriculture so it’s our responsibility to recreate the balance that we have lost for so many years.” – Christine Saurel of Domaine Montirius on the role of biodiversity in the vineyards.

[grapecollective.com]

John

10 March 2022 18:12

Maison Guigal has been a figure of excellence in the Rhône for more than half a century. Their superb wines are crafted from grapes grown at the domain as well as fruit bought selectively from appellations across the region. Some of these cuvées have received great acclaim from top critics.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

2020 Rhône: The Vintage from Heaven
23 March 2022 18:15
2020 Rhône: The Vintage from Heaven

If Bordeaux and Burgundy have moved beyond your budget, a great Rhône vintage might be just the answer.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Exclusive: Northern Rhône's E. Guigal Expands in the South, Buying Tavel's Château d'Aquéria
11 May 2022 13:35
Exclusive: Northern Rhône's E. Guigal Expands in the South, Buying Tavel's Château d'Aquéria

Philippe Guigal believes there is great potential for Tavel's deeply colored rosés

[www.winespectator.com]

John

White and rosé wines to make up a third of production in the Rhône by 2031
21 June 2022 17:30
White and rosé wines to make up a third of production in the Rhône by 2031

The face of the Rhône is set to change radically over the next decade, with a significant increase in white and rosé wines and the potential arrival of four new varieties.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Re: White and rosé wines to make up a third of production in the Rhône by 2031
22 June 2022 14:34
Klinkt een beetje als een schok maar het is nu al een kwart.
Dus naar een derde is niet eens zo’n grote stap toch?
Re: White and rosé wines to make up a third of production in the Rhône by 2031
24 June 2022 11:41
De stap is wellicht klein maar in Hl niet.

John

Early Rhône Valley harvest looks promising despite drought
28 August 2022 12:15
Early Rhône Valley harvest looks promising despite drought

France’s second-largest appellation, Rhône Valley AOC, began its 2022 harvest on Monday, 22 August, eight days earlier than last year.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Guigal CdR
06 September 2022 14:41
Sorry sorry, ik had niets moeten zeggen grinning smiley

Vond een schermafdrukje van Guigal Côte du Rhône van 2014 van de AH app.
Een fles koste toen 9,99 en dat was 14 dagen geleden ook nog de prijs!
Ik kwam in gesprek met de AH manager in mijn filiaal dat de prijzen flink aan het stijgen waren.
Nou, deze wijn niet zei ik vrolijk…….
Zie nu dat deze fles 11,99 mag kosten eye popping smiley

Volgende keer zwijg ik in de winkel!
Re: Guigal CdR
07 September 2022 12:29
Onlangs was de wijn toch weer in de aanbieding. Uiteindelijk moet je alleen naar de nettoprijs kijken. Ik heb ze laten staan. De nood is niet hoog. Wel een smakelijke wijn.

John

The Rhônedonnée Wines Journey
07 September 2022 13:22
The Rhônedonnée Wines Journey

The Old World gives him inspiration. Central Coast sunshine does the rest.

[www.thewinewrite.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen