Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Alcohol, gezondheid, medicijnen, Covid, Cosmetics.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Accolades Wine employee says wine 'is luxury item - not something to risk lives for'
27 March 2020 13:41
Aijj, het middellange termijn geheugen laat je in de steek. grinning smiley

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Accolades Wine employee says wine 'is luxury item - not something to risk lives for'
27 March 2020 20:48
Jarenlang morfine gebruik is inderdaad niet aan te raden als je een goed geheugen wilt behouden!
Wine industry warns of collapse if harvesting, exporting halted
28 March 2020 10:33
Wine industry warns of collapse if harvesting, exporting halted

JOHANNESBURG - South Africa's wine industry has warned of the collapse of the industry if the government does not allow it to continue harvesting and exporting during the 21-day national lockdown.
The industry yesterday held talks with various government departments to reverse the lockdown regulations that will result in the shutting down of cellars and a ban on wine exports.

[www.iol.co.za]

John

Re: Wine industry warns of collapse if harvesting, exporting halted
28 March 2020 10:34
Viticultural work listed as ‘essential’ in South Africa

South African wineries will be allowed to finish the 2020 harvest and work in their cellars after winemaking processes were deemed “essential” right before a lockdown came into effect in the country.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Wine Intelligence updates Global Report post-virus
31 March 2020 12:06
Wine Intelligence updates Global Report post-virus

Wine Intelligence has updated its Global Report post-coronavirus (Covid-19), first launched in January, to highlight both the short and long-term effects the pandemic is likely to have on wine consumption.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Wine Communication Goes Online
31 March 2020 12:25
Wine Communication Goes Online

In a locked-down world, it's taking some tech savvy and a lot of imagination to keep wine moving.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

French vineyards begin 2020 growing season in lockdown
01 April 2020 16:49
French vineyards begin 2020 growing season in lockdown

Spring won't wait and a social media campaign using the hashtag '#lavignecontinue' shows how French wineries have been getting creative to meet the demands of the 2020 vintage growing season without compromising the coronavirus lockdown.

[www.decanter.com]

John

WoSA expects ‘exceptional’ vintage despite coronavirus
03 April 2020 17:12
WoSA expects ‘exceptional’ vintage despite coronavirus

Wines of South Africa (WoSA) has announced it expects the country’s 2020 wine grape crop to yield “exceptional wines”.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Equipment factories shut down due to the coronavirus crisis
03 April 2020 17:23
Equipment factories shut down due to the coronavirus crisis

The Case New Holland Industrial group made a radical decision on Friday March 20 when it announced the shutdown of all its European production facilities for 2 weeks. The shutdown mainly involves production of agricultural and vineyard machinery and is the logical next step following announcements of plant closures by other manufacturers, such as German firm Clemens.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Zero alcohol drinks: The European picture
06 April 2020 17:03
Zero alcohol drinks: The European picture

Demand for zero alcohol drinks has been growing across Europe. But market dynamics are very different between Western Europe and Eastern Europe, according to Zenith Global.

[www.beveragedaily.com]

John

How the wine world is coping with coronavirus
06 April 2020 17:17
How the wine world is coping with coronavirus

Members of the Circle of Wine Writers take a look at their regions, or regions to which they have recently travelled, to share some insight into how the wine world is coping with Coronavirus and the impact of lockdown and social distancing on their businesses.

[www.circleofwinewriters.org]

John

French milk and wine makers need EU help in crisis - minister
10 April 2020 11:50
French milk and wine makers need EU help in crisis - minister

PARIS, April 8 (Reuters) - France on Wednesday called on the European Commission to help milk and wine producers who face a surplus of production due to slack demand caused by the coronavirus crisis that has cut off vital restaurant and export trade.

[www.reuters.com]

John

With coronavirus, “paying out dividends for Vranken-Pommery Champagnes is out of the question”
13 April 2020 17:13
With coronavirus, “paying out dividends for Vranken-Pommery Champagnes is out of the question”

“Considering the current situation and the exceptional measures taken by the group with the support of the State, paying out dividends is out of the question”, announced a press release issued by the Vranken-Pommery Monopole group (Vranken, Pommery & Greno, Heidsieck & Co Monopole, Charles Lafitte and Bissinger & Co Champagnes, but also Rozes and Sao Pédro Ports, as well as rosés by Domaine Royal de Jarras and Château La Gordonne). After a meeting of its board of directors on March 30, the Champagne group therefore chose to “recommend dividends not be distributed” at its AGM on June 4.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Wine and Health: A Bio-Psycho-Social Perspective
14 April 2020 17:03
Wine and Health: A Bio-Psycho-Social Perspective

There is both hope and hype in the notion that wine is good for your health. From the French Paradox to the Mediterranean Diet and the latest science of aging, let’s get to grips with the debate on wine and health.

[winefolly.com]

John

Crisis in Chablis: wine hit by frost, drought and now coronavirus
13 April 2020 14:14
Crisis in Chablis: wine hit by frost, drought and now coronavirus

Coronavirus outbreak dashes hopes of winemakers in Burgundy

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Re: Crisis in Chablis: wine hit by frost, drought and now coronavirus
14 April 2020 17:06
What Does Climate Change Mean for the Future of Chablis?

The effects of global warming are being felt in nearly every winegrowing region around the world, and while there may be an upside for producers in colder climates where grapes don’t ripen easily, too much heat could be problematic in cool appellations revered for their steely high-acid whites. As temperatures continue to rise, could the signature crisp and zesty profile of Chablis be in jeopardy? We asked three local winemakers, their national sales rep, and some somms to weigh in.

[vinepair.com]

John

Coronavirus crisis distillation being mulled in France, and elsewhere
14 April 2020 17:21
Coronavirus crisis distillation being mulled in France, and elsewhere

As the coronavirus epidemic tightens its grip and the effects of lockdown start to bite, there is no room for half measures. The longer the Covid-19 crisis drags on, the longer the list of support measures considered by the wine industry. It is no exaggeration to say that the stars are certainly not aligned for wine sales at the moment – after American tariffs, competitive disadvantages in China and a slump in red wine consumption, the sector now has to deal with the impact of Covid-19.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

How Might Resveratrol and Red Wine’s Antiaging Properties Work? Study Reveals New Possibilities
15 April 2020 16:59
How Might Resveratrol and Red Wine’s Antiaging Properties Work? Study Reveals New Possibilities

Low doses of resveratrol may mimic estrogen, activating proteins called sirtuins

[www.winespectator.com]

John

E-commerce boost for alcohol and fresh food during COVID-19 likely to remain: Euromonitor
15 April 2020 17:04
E-commerce boost for alcohol and fresh food during COVID-19 likely to remain: Euromonitor

Sales of alcohol and fresh foods on e-commerce in China have surged during the COVID-19 epidemic, with market analysts predicting that the changes in consumer buying habits are here to stay.

[www.beveragedaily.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 15/04/2020 17:06 door JohnCopier.
What happens to the wine industry after Coronavirus?
15 April 2020 17:16
What happens to the wine industry after Coronavirus?

As the Disaster Management Act implemented to combat Coronavirus currently stands, no local and just finished product global trade (less than 30% in volume) is allowed when it comes to wine. According to a recent Wines of South Africa Info Bulletin, the weekly average retail sales value of wine in South Africa is R320 million, with the average free on board value of exports R175 million. Over a five-week lockdown period this is close to R2.5 billion in direct gross revenue that is at risk. Suffice to say, the wine industry is set to take an enormous hit.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Flinke kater wijnboeren door corona
20 April 2020 17:47
Flinke kater wijnboeren door corona

De consumptie van wijn zal fors terug gaan vallen in de EU vanwege het besluit in veel landen om bars en restaurants te sluiten als gevolg van de coronacrisis. Dat heeft de Europese Commissie (EC) berekend.

[www.telegraaf.nl]

John

‘The Vines Just Don’t Wait’: France Nervously Looks Toward Harvest as Sales Plummet
21 April 2020 16:57
‘The Vines Just Don’t Wait’: France Nervously Looks Toward Harvest as Sales Plummet

The French wine industry has been hit by a perfect storm these past few months. The novel coronavirus pandemic and corresponding shutdown has compounded an already a delicate situation for many producers.

[www.winemag.com]

John

French wineries consider how to keep the wine economy alive
21 April 2020 17:04
French wineries consider how to keep the wine economy alive

Wine producers in the South of France are feeling the bite of lost orders and falling revenue. Jason Sych speaks to two estates about how they’re coping.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

One billion litres of wine at risk in Europe, MEP says
20 April 2020 17:14
One billion litres of wine at risk in Europe, MEP says

MEP Eric Andrieu has warned that one billion litres of wine made in Europe could disappear due to a lack of storage after the closure of bars, restaurants and shops across the continent, and a fall in exports, has led to a surplus.

John

Re: One billion litres of wine at risk in Europe, MEP says
22 April 2020 17:05
European Winemakers May Have to Turn a Billion Liters of Wine into Industrial Alcohol

Coronavirus has been a devastating blow to an already struggling EU wine market.

[www.foodandwine.com]

John

SA wine in the time of coronavirus: A case of adapt or die
22 April 2020 17:14
SA wine in the time of coronavirus: A case of adapt or die

In the wine business, staying positive against the odds is nothing new. We've learnt to keep our heads up despite perpetual challenges ranging between economic downturns, droughts and shrinking margins. Yet, even for the most optimistic among us, the news of a lockdown at the end of March 2020 hit everyone like one too many glasses of plonk. In between fast emptying shelves and widespread price gouging, the wine industry waited with bated breath as news changed daily. And then, it was announced that nothing could move - for three whole weeks, and then another two. Now what?

[www.bizcommunity.com]

John

Of dit het covid 19 virus de wereld uit zal helpen!
27 April 2020 17:02
Was het maar waar dan zitten wij goed.

"Wine nourishes, refreshes and cheers. Wine is the foremost of medicines . . . wherever wine is lacking, medicines be­come necessary".

Jewish Talmud
Wine Press - How is the Coronavirus affecting wineries in France? 3 winemakers discuss
28 April 2020 17:14
Wine Press - How is the Coronavirus affecting wineries in France? 3 winemakers discuss

The Coronavirus pandemic continues to affect nearly every aspect of our lives - from where we can go, where we work, where we eat to even how we walk down the street.

[www.masslive.com]

John

Feature: Coronavirus is changing the way Italian winemakers operate
28 April 2020 17:19
Feature: Coronavirus is changing the way Italian winemakers operate

ROME, April 26 (Xinhua) -- The global coronavirus outbreak is changing every aspect of Italy's wine sector, from production to sales to consumption, even the way vintners promote the wine they make.

[www.xinhuanet.com]

John

Social distancing could preclude foot-treading for Port
28 April 2020 17:21
Social distancing could preclude foot-treading for Port

Highlighting one of the many unintended consequences of Covid-19 control, CEO of The Fladgate Partnership, Adrian Bridge, said that social distancing measures could preclude the foot-treading of grapes for vintage Port production.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen