Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Alcohol, gezondheid, medicijnen, Covid, Cosmetics.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
From Prosecco to Chianti, coronavirus sours Italy’s wine sales
29 April 2020 16:43
From Prosecco to Chianti, coronavirus sours Italy’s wine sales

With Italy’s restaurants and bars closed for another month and global trade snuffed out by the coronavirus, the world’s top wine producing country is experiencing an existential crisis.

[www.euractiv.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Distillation and storage of wine to be permitted, but not funded
29 April 2020 17:13
Distillation and storage of wine to be permitted, but not funded

With tanks full to the brim at production level, the glass remains half empty in Brussels. In a press release issued on 22 April, the European Commission stated that it was proposing “additional exceptional measures to further support agricultural and food markets most affected” by the consequences of the global coronavirus epidemic.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Lack of foreign seasonal workers causes concern that the French wine industry will run out of manpower
07 May 2020 11:37
Lack of foreign seasonal workers causes concern that the French wine industry will run out of manpower

Vines are growing as fast as fears of not having enough manpower to keep them under control. “Some ministries are hell-bent on the idea that local labour will suffice, with people that have been furloughed, students, restaurant and hotel employees...

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

The Wine World is Prejudiced Against Higher Alcohols
08 May 2020 16:50
The Wine World is Prejudiced Against Higher Alcohols

I must begin by saying quite clearly that I am not, myself, free from prejudice.

Let me give you an example: I regularly pick up a bottle of California Pinot Noir, turn it around to take in the back label and... wince? grimace? gag? when I see an alcohol level of 14.8%. It's true. I have some reasons for this prejudice, ones that like any bigoted person I personally believe to be justified and rational (where Pinot comes from they generally try not to let it get that ripe), but the strength of my justification doesn't mean I'm not prejudiced.

[www.vinography.com]

John

Amsterdam restaurant to trial ‘quarantine greenhouse’ concept
11 May 2020 17:30
Amsterdam restaurant to trial ‘quarantine greenhouse’ concept

A restaurant in Amsterdam is to trial a new safe dining concept, which will see customers sat in individual greenhouses with meals slid into each structure on a wooden plank.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Coronavirus and SA wine: Mike Ratcliffe of Vilafonté
11 May 2020 18:01
Coronavirus and SA wine: Mike Ratcliffe of Vilafonté

The current conversation around Coronavirus and its effect on the South African wine industry is perhaps inevitably very emotionally charged.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Boxed wines stole the show during lockdown but will they become a hospitality staple?
12 May 2020 17:29
Boxed wines stole the show during lockdown but will they become a hospitality staple?

Lockdown proved to be particularly conducive to sales of boxed wines in French supermarkets, but will the hospitality industry swap bottles for boxes after the end of lockdown? Eric Lanxade, sales director for Caves et Vignobles du Gers in South-West France, which produces 400,000 hectolitres of bulk wine (PGI Côtes de Gascogne and Vin de France) annually, certainly thinks so.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

134 626€ récoltés par le monde du vin au profit du collectif #ProtègeTonSoignant
13 May 2020 16:44
134 626€ récoltés par le monde du vin au profit du collectif #ProtègeTonSoignant

La vente aux enchères de plus de 1000 bouteilles réalisée du 27 avril au 7 mai par d’iDealWine au profit du collectif #ProtegeTonSoignant a permis de récolter une belle somme qui permettra d’acheter du matériel médical pour les hôpitaux qui en ont le plus besoin. Plus de 100 domaines ont donné dont de nombreux Bordelais.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

May 2020: end of lockdown in Bordeaux
13 May 2020 17:24
May 2020: end of lockdown in Bordeaux

We definitely suffered from media overkill during this coronavirus pandemic, with journalists announcing daily fatalities here and there in a bored sing-song voice and repeating scientific explanations ad nauseam.

[www.bordeauxwineblog.com]

John

The DB Covid Quiz: 19 questions for wine lovers in lockdown
15 May 2020 12:18
The DB Covid Quiz: 19 questions for wine lovers in lockdown

Worried that you’re grey matter is, well, going a little greyer, or just looking for something to liven up the lockdown experience? Well, take the first of our Covid quizzes, featuring 19 quick-fire, wine-related questions.

John

Corona in Austria’s Export Markets
15 May 2020 17:19
Corona in Austria’s Export Markets

Relaxation of the Coronavirus restrictions in Austria provides some initial relief for the nation’s economy. But what is the situation like in the most important wine export countries? The Austrian Wine Marketing Board (AWMcool smiley did some research.

[www.austrianwine.com]

John

Home wine consumption has significantly increased during confinement
15 May 2020 17:22
Home wine consumption has significantly increased during confinement

The frequency of wine consumption has increased significantly during the confinement caused by the coronavirus in Spain, as well as in the rest of Europe. However, this is not the case regarding the number of buyers, which has decreased, as well as the average expenditure per bottle, due to domestic self-supply, among other issues. These are the conclusions that can be drawn about the behaviour of European wine consumers after more than a month of confinement, with over 6,600 people polled in eight European countries (Spain, Belgium, Italy, France, Austria, Germany, Portugal and Switzerland), which included the participation of researchers from the Polytechnic University of Valencia, University of Zaragoza and Public University of Navarre.

[phys.org]

John

L'OENOTOURISME POST COVID-19 : LES E-VISITES BOURGOIN COGNAC.
15 May 2020 17:26
L'OENOTOURISME POST COVID-19 : LES E-VISITES BOURGOIN COGNAC.

SUITE AU COVID-19, BOURGOIN COGNAC INVENTE LES E-VISITES OENO TOURISTIQUES (60 min ;20€/adulte)

[www.spiritueuxmagazine.com]

John

Brussels to let the wine industry distil and store its surpluses with no support
07 May 2020 11:39
Brussels to let the wine industry distil and store its surpluses with no support

Pressure from ministers and members of parliament has been to no avail - the European Commission has no intention of spending a penny more to help the wine industry through the coronavirus crisis, even though it has acknowledged the current challenges it faces.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: Brussels to let the wine industry distil and store its surpluses with no support
12 May 2020 17:44
France agrees 140 million euro wine distillation support plan

PARIS (Reuters) - France approved support for French winemakers on Monday to distil wine surplus into alcohol following a slump in demand because of restaurant and bar closures and lower exports due to extra U.S. tariffs, but the measures fell short of union requests.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Re: Brussels to let the wine industry distil and store its surpluses with no support
13 May 2020 17:18
Over 250 Million Bottles’ Worth of French Wine Will Be Distilled into Industrial Alcohol

Even with government assistance, France's winemakers still have at least another 125 million bottles’ worth of wine they want off their hands.

[www.foodandwine.com]

John

15 May 2020 16:58
Another Blow for Burgundy Winemakers

Burgundy producers get another slap in the face – this time from their own government.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

18 May 2020 17:07
Champagne Sales Suspended, Burgundy Wine Asks For Help

French alcohol producers are being hit hard by the pandemic–the champagne industry suspended early sales (when it usually sells around 10-15 million bottles) because of a slump and Burgundy winemakers are unhappy about a government plan that was supposed to offer them respite against the recent spike in U.S. tariffs on French wine.

[www.forbes.com]

John

18 May 2020 17:31
French wine industry not entirely convinced by coronavirus crisis plan

After initial announcements of “exceptional [government] support for the wine industry” on May 11, Christine Laloue, chair of the Sancerre winegrowers’ organisation was despondent: “I have nothing solid to tell my winegrowers”. The lack of precision and calibration for exemption from national insurance contributions (talk of €100 million) and crisis distillation measures (2 million hectolitres at €70/hl), have left the Loire winegrower patently disappointed. “The measures announced remain vague. Exemption from national insurance contributions is essential, but we would have liked it to be clearer” in terms of amounts and conditions of eligibility, stressed Laloue. Her viewpoint is shared by Champagne winegrowers, who fear the package of aid may go through without them being able to use it.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Coronavirus and SA wine: Eben Sadie of Sadie Family Wines
18 May 2020 17:28
Coronavirus and SA wine: Eben Sadie of Sadie Family Wines

The current conversation around Coronavirus and its effect on the South African wine industry is perhaps inevitably very emotionally charged.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Re: Coronavirus and SA wine: Eben Sadie of Sadie Family Wines
20 May 2020 17:44
Coronavirus and SA wine: Lukas van Loggerenberg of Van Loggerenberg Wines

[winemag.co.za]

John

Re: Coronavirus and SA wine: Eben Sadie of Sadie Family Wines
20 May 2020 17:47
Michael Fridjhon: What will the South African wine landscape look like after the pandemic?

Anyone who loves Cape wine has every reason to be anxious (if not actually panic-stricken) about the industry’s prospects as Covid-19 (and the state’s response to it) wreaks a swathe of destruction through the economy and the wine trade. If we don’t succumb to the disease, will we recover from the destruction of value which has accompanied the measures put in place to control its spread?

[winemag.co.za]

John

'The Taste of Bordeaux Is Going to Change.' Under Threat From Climate Change and Coronavirus, French Winemakers Try Experimenting

In the hills outside of Bordeaux, where lines of vineyards create geometric patterns across the landscape, winemakers have been carefully growing and harvesting a dark blue grape variety for centuries. Merlot, with its soft, velvety plum flavor, is one of the world’s most popular red wines.

[time.com]

John

France: la consommation de vin au plus bas
23 May 2020 16:23
France: la consommation de vin au plus bas

Le site www.monviti.com revient sur la publication, mardi 13 mai, par Santé publique France, d’une étude relative au comportement des Français pendant la période de confinement. La consommation d’alcool s’est orientée à la baisse. 65 % des personnes interrogées ont déclaré que leur consommation était restée stable, 24 % l’ont diminuée, 11 % déclarent l’avoir augmentée.

[thomasvino.ch]

John

COVID-19 and beer: Heineken, Tiger reveal online sales surge and NPD focus amid pandemic
25 May 2020 16:40
COVID-19 and beer: Heineken, Tiger reveal online sales surge and NPD focus amid pandemic

Heineken and Tiger Beer have taken measures to revise marketing strategies and double-down on product innovation after seeing online sales surge after the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak hit on-trade consumption.

[www.foodnavigator-asia.com]?

John

Effects of polyphenols on secondary structure of VVTL1 wine protein
26 May 2020 17:28
Effects of polyphenols on secondary structure of VVTL1 wine protein

In white wines, even if present at low concentration, proteins have considerable importance because they greatly affect wine stability. The major proteins implicated in haze formation in wine belong to the grape-derived pathogenesis-related proteins (PRP) which withstand the vinification process and persist in the wine after bottling.

[www.ciencia-e-vinho.com]

John

Storage firm refurbishes 15 tanks to hold 190,000 hl of wines from crisis distillation measures
26 May 2020 17:30
Storage firm refurbishes 15 tanks to hold 190,000 hl of wines from crisis distillation measures

“The pressure is starting to mount”, admits Yohan Lemaire, director of the Foselev Logistics storage facilities in Port-La-Nouvelle (Aude). As an extensive crisis distillation campaign starts to take shape across France’s wine regions, the Languedoc-based warehouse is at the ready to respond to the needs of customers all over the country, as they rush to empty tanks of wines lacking buyers due to the current coronavirus crisis. Co-operative wineries, groups of winegrowers, distilleries and spirits groups have all worked out that 2 million hectolitres of distilled wine equates to 220,000 hl of spirits.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

The ‘Great Lockdown’: the global economic impact of COVID-19
27 May 2020 16:55
The ‘Great Lockdown’: the global economic impact of COVID-19

COVID-19 has had an unprecedented effect on the global economy in 2020. In previous weeks’ bulletins, we have addressed the impact on wine and alcohol sales in Australia’s key markets. Today, we will cover the greater impact on the global economy, which will no doubt affect consumer behaviour and spending in the months to come.

[www.wineaustralia.com]

John

Southern French wine regions announce €34m Covid recovery plan
01 June 2020 16:55
Southern French wine regions announce €34m Covid recovery plan

The regional council of Occitanie, together with businesses and wine marketing boards have collectively contributed €34 million towards an “ambitious and immediate” recovery plan to boost sales post-Covid-19.

John

Re: Southern French wine regions announce €34m Covid recovery plan
02 June 2020 17:09
France decides to finance distillation to reduce volumes

The French government aid plan for the wine industry, which was revealed at a meeting attended by several ministers on May 29, is to introduce a ‘toolkit’ to help revitalise the sector, though failed to lift uncertainties regarding funding three months into the coronavirus crisis. Didier Guillaume, Minister of Agriculture, Bruno Le Maire, Economy Minister and Olivier Dussopt, Secretary of State for Finance, presented a hard-hitting rescue plan revolving around exemptions from national insurance contributions, crisis distillation and private storage aid.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen