Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Alcohol, gezondheid, medicijnen, Covid, Cosmetics.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Kleine brouwers zijn creatief, maar zullen de coronacrisis niet allemaal overleven
02 June 2020 17:18
Kleine brouwers zijn creatief, maar zullen de coronacrisis niet allemaal overleven

Afgelopen jaren schoten kleine, onafhankelijke brouwers van speciaalbieren als paddenstoelen uit de grond. De sector kampte daardoor al met flinke concurrentie, en daar kwam de coronacrisis nog eens overheen. Een faillissementsgolf blijft voorlopig uit, maar niet alle brouwers zullen overleven.

[www.rtlz.nl]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
The Race To Bring Alcohol To Space
03 June 2020 16:56
The Race To Bring Alcohol To Space

NASA’s weekend collab with SpaceX sent two American astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS) and focused international attention on a revived space race and the adding space tourism industry. However, while seeing what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars, one might want to drink the wine. Enter a new race, the drive to bring booze to space.

[neatpour.com]

John

What's Next in Wine's New Normal?
05 June 2020 11:38
What's Next in Wine's New Normal?

The pandemic has already brought changes to how we drink wine, but will they be permanent?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

French winemakers to turn unsold wine into hand gel
05 June 2020 17:17
French winemakers to turn unsold wine into hand gel

Distilleries authorised to collect 2m hectolitres of unsold wine in EU-backed scheme

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Crisis, what crisis?
10 June 2020 16:54
Crisis, what crisis?

Wine drinkers in Sweden, Netherlands and Germany have taken the virus pandemic in their stride, suggesting the disruption to the wine market will be minimised

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Brussels under pressure to alleviate the effects of the crisis on the wine industry
11 June 2020 17:24
Brussels under pressure to alleviate the effects of the crisis on the wine industry

At the beginning of June, the Agriculture Committee of the European Parliament called for the “temporary exceptional measures” put forward by the European Commission to “address the market disturbance in the fruit and vegetable and wine sectors caused by the COVID-19 pandemic” to be vetoed.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

The importance of wine labels in the time of COVID-19
18 June 2020 17:17
The importance of wine labels in the time of COVID-19

With much of the world under lockdown due to COVID-19, many people are hesitant to spend any unnecessary time in stores (assuming they are allowed to leave their homes at all). These include wine drinkers faced with an abundance of choice when selecting a bottle to enjoy with yet another dinner at home.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

Re: The importance of wine labels in the time of COVID-19
19 June 2020 12:54
Of thuis even op de website van de betreffende winkel kijken en daar al je gerichte keuze maken?
Dan of bestellen en thuis laten bezorgen of met minimaal contact in de winkel ophalen.
Niet elk problem is meteen een groot probleem cool smiley
Bourgogne less impacted by Covid-19 than feared
19 June 2020 16:51
Bourgogne less impacted by Covid-19 than feared

The Bourgogne Wine Board (BIVcool smiley has recorded an overall dip in exports of 1.8% by volume for the first four months of 2020.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Netherlands returns to the new normal
07 July 2020 16:49
Netherlands returns to the new normal

As Netherlands emerges from the coronavirus, the long term pattern of drinking less wine, thinking more about health, and spending more per bottle, looks like being re-established

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Health Talk: Wine Lovers, COVID-19 and Lost Sense of Smell
09 July 2020 17:24
Health Talk: Wine Lovers, COVID-19 and Lost Sense of Smell

When neurologist Michael Pourfar lost his sense of smell and taste because of the coronavirus, it endangered a lifelong love of wine

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Opinion: Cheers! Chocolate and red wine may help you avoid Alzheimer’s
20 July 2020 17:06
Opinion: Cheers! Chocolate and red wine may help you avoid Alzheimer’s

Multi-decade study provides the good news

[www.marketwatch.com]

John

Will Coronavirus Kill Off South Africa’s Wine Industry?
29 July 2020 15:36
Will Coronavirus Kill Off South Africa’s Wine Industry?

With Zoom happy hours, “quarantinis” and off-licences clearing their shelves, much was made of our increased passion for alcohol during lockdown. But while in-home drinking in Britain and the US did rise during the darkest days of the pandemic, alcohol sales declined overall for that period–understandable, as the bottom dropped out of the restaurant and hospitality sector. Wine sales worldwide have fallen as a consequence of coronavirus.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Re: Will Coronavirus Kill Off South Africa’s Wine Industry?
29 July 2020 15:48
SOUTH AFRICAN WINE BUSINESSES LAUNCH DTC PLATFORM

A group of South African wine businesses have created a direct-to-consumer platform to help raise exports while domestic alcohol sales are banned.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Majestic reports 150,000 new lockdown customers and announces growth strategy
01 August 2020 18:45
Majestic reports 150,000 new lockdown customers and announces growth strategy

Majestic Wine has reported it gained 150,000 new customers during lockdown, as well as growth of over 300% online, as it announces its strategy for future growth.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Gallic acid, an antioxidant found in berries, wine and tea can increase your risk of getting colon cancer
02 August 2020 18:50
Gallic acid, an antioxidant found in berries, wine and tea can increase your risk of getting colon cancer

New research conducted at the Lautenberg Center for Immunology and Cancer Research, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) suggests that all is not so perfect in the world of antioxidants.

[www.firstpost.com]

John

Ethanol the warning signal for berry shrivel?
07 August 2020 17:50
Ethanol the warning signal for berry shrivel?

Sensors for volatile ethanol are being trialled both in the laboratory and in the vineyard to determine if they can detect the onset of berry cell death.

The innovative trial is part of a larger project supported by Wine Australia investigating the causes, consequences and control of cell death in grape berries.

‘We have found that ethanol is released from grape berries when they become oxygen stressed. So, being able to tell when cell death begins would be a useful tool in monitoring berry health and fruit ripening potential’, said lead researcher Professor Stephen Tyerman, from the University of Adelaide’s School of Agriculture, Food and Wine said.

Cell death – and consequently berry shrivel – is a major problem for growers. It occurs when berries suddenly lose weight during the late ripening stage and is attributed to dehydration and loss of berry cell vitality.

[www.wineaustralia.com]

John

Historic Geographical Classifications for Cava
07 August 2020 17:56
Historic Geographical Classifications for Cava

As just about everyone knows, the wineries that elaborate Spain’s prominent sparkling wine, Cava, are distributed all over the country. Although the vast majority of these producers are located in the Catalonia region in the northeast corner of the country, there are several dozen others located in various other regions, some as far as 950 kilometres distant from the recognized Cava Capital, Sant Sadurní d’ Anoia near Barcelona. Such is the case of the five wineries located in Almendralejo, Badajoz in the southwest corner of Spain, not too far from the border with Portugal.

[glassofbubbly.com]

John

Covid-19 hotspots flare in Rioja
07 August 2020 17:52
Covid-19 hotspots flare in Rioja

Spain’s tourism sector has been hit hard by Covid-19 and now Rioja has another problem on its hands. James Lawrence reports.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

First A Pandemic, Now A Drought: French Government Promises More Aid To Farmers
17 August 2020 16:56
First A Pandemic, Now A Drought: French Government Promises More Aid To Farmers

Already battered by the coronavirus, France’s agriculture industry has been enduring a drought this summer that has left many farmers on the financial edge.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Wine Antioxidants: A Greater Perspective
24 August 2020 17:07
Wine Antioxidants: A Greater Perspective

Wine antioxidants: we keep hearing about how they’re good for us. For instance, a glass of red wine at dinner, “for the antioxidants.” It feels a little like “medicinal whiskey.” Is this yet another snake oil cure?

So, should we care about wine antioxidants? And, how do antioxidants help us with our health? To answer that question, you’ve got to start from the beginning.

[winefolly.com]

John

Crisis voor wijnproducenten?
04 September 2020 17:14
Crisis voor wijnproducenten?

De Europese Commissie heeft een aanvullend pakket buitengewone maatregelen bedacht voor de noodlijdende wijnindustrie. Volgens de EU is de wijnsector een van de zwaarst getroffenen in de agrifood-industrie. Dat komt door de massale sluiting van de horeca. Het thuisverbruik heeft dat niet gecompenseerd. De maatregelen komen bovenop het al bestaande steunpakket. Als een van de redenen wordt genoemd dat de omvang van de crisis in de EU en wereldwijd nog niet duidelijk is.

[www.routedesvins.nl]

John

Re: Crisis voor wijnproducenten?
10 September 2020 09:05
De wjnsector is het zwaarst getroffen.
Ik lees het maar begrijp het toch niet helemaal of eigenlijk helemaal niet.
Wijn is geen bederfelijke waar, dat blijft wel een jaartje (of meer) goed.
De landbouwsector die wel bederfelijke waar produceert en niet kwijt kan is toch per definitie zwaarder getroffen?
Of geldt ook hier weer zij die het hardste misère roepen krijgen automatisch de meeste steun?
Does the Mediterranean diet protect against rheumatoid arthritis?
10 September 2020 18:23
Does the Mediterranean diet protect against rheumatoid arthritis?

Previous research has demonstrated a variety of health benefits associated with the Mediterranean diet, which is rich in olive oil, cereals, fruit and vegetables, fish, and a moderate amount of dairy, meat, and wine. Now results from an analysis published in Arthritis & Rheumatology suggest that the diet may also help prevent rheumatoid arthritis in individuals who smoke or used to smoke.

[www.eurekalert.org]

John

More than 1 drink a day could raise blood pressure in adults with diabetes
10 September 2020 18:25
More than 1 drink a day could raise blood pressure in adults with diabetes

People with diabetes who have eight or more alcoholic drinks a week could increase their odds of high blood pressure by at least 62%, according to a new study.

[www.sfgate.com]

John

Alcohol and your brain: study finds even moderate drinking is damaging
11 September 2020 17:21
Alcohol and your brain: study finds even moderate drinking is damaging

It’s a well-known fact that drinking too much alcohol can have a serious impact on your health, including damaging your liver. But how much is too much? For conditions such as liver cirrhosis, that’s usually more than 21 units of alcohol a week – around two bottles of wine a week or one and a half pints of beer a day. The UK’s Chief Medical Officer recommends that adults don’t drink more than 14 units of alcohol a week to keep the risk of health problems low.

[theconversation.com]

John

Kefir and wine by-product: Combination of paraprobiotic and prebiotic may work as potential anti-obesity functional ingredient
21-Sep-2020 By Guan Yu Lim

The combination of a paraprobiotic derived from kefir and a prebiotic obtained from grape seed flour has been found to have anti-obesity effects in a mouse model.

[www.beveragedaily.com]

John

Examining The Bioavailability of Health-Benefitting Polyphenols in Wine
25 September 2020 17:08
Examining The Bioavailability of Health-Benefitting Polyphenols in Wine

We’ve all read the headlines – “Wine is good for you!”, “Wine is bad for you!’, “Wine is good in moderation!”, “Wine is loaded with healthy polyphenols!”, etc etc. The fact of the matter is that if you drink too much alcohol, that’s bad for you. But what about wine with it’s many research-supported health “benefits”? Specifically, wine contains many compounds that have shown to be beneficial in one way or another in human health when isolated, concentrated, or otherwise being the sole compound(s) of focus.

[www.academicwino.com]

John

In sickness and in health: the wine industry under a COVID spotlight
28 September 2020 16:59
In sickness and in health: the wine industry under a COVID spotlight

Like fine cracks in a precious bottle under pressure, the pandemic has revealed flaws in the wine industry which we might not have noticed without it. Such insight however also comes with an opportunity; to improve the wine sector for the better as we adapt it for the 21st century. This is a chance for positive change, and in a time like this, we could all use a quality bottle or two.

[born2invest.com]

John

Italy, We Miss You: The Loneliness Of Italian Wine Lovers During COVID
28 September 2020 17:02
Italy, We Miss You: The Loneliness Of Italian Wine Lovers During COVID

What is the one wine experience we’re unable to enjoy during COVID, that you’re particularly anticipating when things return to normal?

I’ve asked this question over and over these past few weeks, anecdotally, to friends and colleagues both inside and outside the wine trade. A few themes of answers have repeated themselves that you might expect, like travel to wine destinations, large-scale tasting events, and casual socializing in the evenings where sitting in relatively close proximity to each other is not a public health taboo.

When I dug a little deeper into the “travel” answer, one destination surfaced most often, and that was Italy.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen