Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Alcohol, gezondheid, medicijnen, Covid, Cosmetics.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Gevaarlijke bijwerkingen van het drinken van te veel wijn, zegt de wetenschap
19 February 2021 18:36
Gevaarlijke bijwerkingen van het drinken van te veel wijn, zegt de wetenschap

Het is tijd om de gewoonte voor eens en altijd te doorbreken.

[www.eatthis.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
The alcohol indicator
24 February 2021 20:18
The alcohol indicator

My wine tasting notes database began in 2004 and now contains descriptions of 31,224 wines. It is a simple matter to pick a category such as a grape variety, vintage or region and get an average price, average residual sugar, average score or average alcohol.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Superbug Syrah?: Can bacteria express resistance to the antimicrobial activity of wine? And how does it compare with antibiotic resistance in medicine?

One of the reported health benefits of wine is its antibacterial/antimicrobial properties. It is not completely understood exactly how wine functions in this manner, specifically which components of wine act as the microbial agents and how exactly do they do it. Is the antimicrobial mechanism of wine similar or different to medical antibiotics? With medical antibiotics, it is known that over time some bacteria can develop a resistance to it, and thus the medication stops working for the patient. What about wine? Can bacteria become resistant to wine over time?

[www.academicwino.com]

John

Superbug Syrah?: Can bacteria express resistance to the antimicrobial activity of wine? And how does it compare with antibiotic resistance in medicine?

One of the reported health benefits of wine is its antibacterial/antimicrobial properties. It is not completely understood exactly how wine functions in this manner, specifically which components of wine act as the microbial agents and how exactly do they do it. Is the antimicrobial mechanism of wine similar or different to medical antibiotics? With medical antibiotics, it is known that over time some bacteria can develop a resistance to it, and thus the medication stops working for the patient. What about wine? Can bacteria become resistant to wine over time?

[www.academicwino.com]

John

DOES DRINKING WINE REALLY HELP FIGHT COVID-19?
08 March 2021 18:14
DOES DRINKING WINE REALLY HELP FIGHT COVID-19?

Reports in the press this year have suggested that tannins in wine may help fight Covid-19 in humans, but can drinking really help battle an infection? We consider the evidence.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Long Read: Covid and Phylloxera – lessons for the wine trade
12 March 2021 10:00
Long Read: Covid and Phylloxera – lessons for the wine trade

Sam Hellyer, head of wine and spirits at Chiswick Auctions, counts 10 years at Oddbins as part of a varied résumé where he headed up the Fine Wine branch in Oxford.

Here, he looks at the similarities of Covid-19 and Phylloxera. Though these two diseases sit over 100 years apart, they have had had almost immeasurable impacts on the wine trade, not least because of the gregarious nature of wine, with the sharing of people, ideas and techniques key to health and longevity.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Drinking This Much Wine a Day Is Good for Your Brain, Study Finds
12 March 2021 10:02
Drinking This Much Wine a Day Is Good for Your Brain, Study Finds

IT TURNS OUT ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES CAN ACTUALLY HELP YOUR COGNITIVE FUNCTION.

[bestlifeonline.com]

John

French winemakers want priority status for Covid-19 vaccinations
16 March 2021 18:15
French winemakers want priority status for Covid-19 vaccinations

Since Covid-19 upended the world a year ago, there are still many unknown aspects of the disease, but there is one certainty: “We now know that the olfactory system is affected by this particular coronavirus”, explained Dr. Pierre Bonfils, who heads the ENT department of the Georges European Hospital, during a video press conference of the French oenologists’ association on March 10. The issue can involve loss of smell (anosmia) and taste (ageusia), or a decrease in the quality of smell (hyposmia) and distorted olfactory perception (parosmia), “and for us as oenologists, or “wine musicians”, it is comparable to losing our musical instruments. The nose and mouth are essential organs in our profession”, warned Didier Fages, chair of the association (UŒF).

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Nearly all of Italy on lockdown through Easter weekend.
16 March 2021 18:17
Nearly all of Italy on lockdown through Easter weekend.

As of this weekend, nearly all of Italy has been designated zona rossa or red zone. Residents in Campania, Emilia-Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Lazio, Lombardy, Marche, Molise, Piedmont, Trento, Puglia, and Veneto can only leave their homes for work or emergencies; restaurants are closed for dine-in service and only a few essential businesses remain open.

[dobianchi.com]

John

Adapt or die: Wine exporters brew solutions to the oversupply headache
23 March 2021 18:18
Adapt or die: Wine exporters brew solutions to the oversupply headache

Adverse weather, Covid-related delays and a worldwide container shortage are just some of the many headaches faced by South Africa’s wine export industry.

First published in the Daily Maverick 168 weekly newspaper.

Problems at the Cape Town Container Terminal are putting exporters under strain, with wine stock building up. The current estimate of overstocked wine is between 250 and 300 million litres, says Yvette van der Merwe, executive manager of South Africa Wine Industry Information and Systems.

[www.dailymaverick.co.za]

John

Drinking Wine is Risky and That’s One Reason We Drink It
24 March 2021 18:04
Drinking Wine is Risky and That’s One Reason We Drink It

What if drinking wine, even lots of it, didn’t get you drunk? Why consider this…?

[fermentationwineblog.com]

John

Do flavonoids really benefit the brain?
26 March 2021 18:08
Do flavonoids really benefit the brain?

Can flavonoid foods improve cognition?

[www.thenakedscientists.com]

John

Wine Prevents Dementia, But Scientists Aren’t Sure Why
29 March 2021 17:01
Wine Prevents Dementia, But Scientists Aren’t Sure Why

We love a good study on aging and wine (or coffee). Mostly we love wine, but finding research that supports that love is always reassuring.

[news.yahoo.com]

John

Mediterranean Diet Can Delay Parkinson's Disease, Study Shows
06 April 2021 17:36
Mediterranean Diet Can Delay Parkinson's Disease, Study Shows

A new study has found that following a Mediterranean-type diet can delay the onset of Parkinson’s disease by up to 17.4 years for women and 8.4 years for men.

[www.oliveoiltimes.com]

John

Berlin’s first sober Späti: Is ‘mindful drinking’ the new pandemic trend?
11 April 2021 13:09
Berlin’s first sober Späti: Is ‘mindful drinking’ the new pandemic trend?

Berlin is renowned for its culture of thrill and excess, but the pandemic has put a spanner in the works. Now the capitol is home to another trend: Germany’s first non-alcoholic Späti.

[www.thelocal.de]

John

The Long, Winding Path of Wine as Medicine
15 April 2021 17:00
The Long, Winding Path of Wine as Medicine

As the Black Death, also known as the Black Plague, ravaged Europe and Asia in the mid-1300s, people became increasingly desperate for any iota of respite. Some tried blood-letting. Others opted for rubbing onions—or, in some cases, a chopped snake—directly onto their infected boils.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Why Pinot Noir May Be The Best Wine For Your Health
15 April 2021 17:42
Why Pinot Noir May Be The Best Wine For Your Health

The benefits of drinking red wine have long been debated. Numerous studies have suggested that there is a link between moderate red wine consumption and heart health, but the issue has yet to be definitively settled.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Senses dulled by COVID-19, French wine tasters fear for livelihood
20 April 2021 17:04
Senses dulled by COVID-19, French wine tasters fear for livelihood

The exotic fruits and fresh citrus notes leapt out of the Pyrenean white wine, but wine-taster Sophie Pallas said the delicate undertones of pineapple were harder to detect than they would have been before she fell ill with COVID-19.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Re: Senses dulled by COVID-19, French wine tasters fear for livelihood
26 April 2021 12:52
Losing smell and taste when they’re your job

To most people, a temporary loss of their senses of smell and taste might be annoying at worst. But what about when your livelihood depends on those senses?

[firstvine.wordpress.com]

John

Can You Have Alcohol After the Covid Vaccine?
28 April 2021 17:31
Can You Have Alcohol After the Covid Vaccine?

Moderate drinking is unlikely to impair the immune response to the Covid vaccine, but heavy drinking might.

[www.nytimes.com]

John

Prices of Coffee, Wine, Toilet Paper and More Set to Rise in Post COVID-19 Era
03 May 2021 17:29
Prices of Coffee, Wine, Toilet Paper and More Set to Rise in Post COVID-19 Era

Several common household goods, from diapers and toilet paper to breakfast cereals, are expected to see a rise in prices as more parts of the country resume business operations amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

[www.newsweek.com]

John

HAS THE LOW ALCOHOL REVOLUTION GONE TOO FAR?
10 May 2021 17:08
HAS THE LOW ALCOHOL REVOLUTION GONE TOO FAR?

I’ve heard the arguments for many years. High alcohol wines lack subtlety and have no place at the dinner table since they never complement food. They’re hot in the mouth, show stewed, murky fruit that lacks focus, and have low acidity making the wines taste heavy, unbalanced, and lifeless.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

Doctor's Casebook: What you can do if Covid has affected your taste and smell
10 May 2021 17:15
Doctor's Casebook: What you can do if Covid has affected your taste and smell

Loss of sense of taste and smell is one of the characteristic symptoms of Covid-19.

[www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk]

John

Bees Can Be Trained to Detect COVID-19
10 May 2021 17:18
Bees Can Be Trained to Detect COVID-19

They’re pretty quick at it, too.

[modernfarmer.com]

John

The future of wine post-COVID: Five trends to watch
14 May 2021 17:10
The future of wine post-COVID: Five trends to watch

From e-commerce to lower alcohol products, Jamie Williams, managing partner at London advertising agency isobel, explores five post-COVID trends to watch in the wine industry.

[www.beveragedaily.com]?

John

Re: Coronapandemic, gezondheid, medicijnen, alcohol.
22 May 2021 17:51
Mijnheer John, respect voor al uw input, maar kan het ook in de N.L. taal? smileys with beer
Re: Coronapandemic, gezondheid, medicijnen, alcohol.
24 May 2021 17:01
Heer Hendrik,

Ervan uitgaande dat iedereen zijn talen beheerst wordt de tekst niet vertaald. cool smiley

John
Chardonnay grape residue has been found to contain human health benefits
18 May 2021 17:13
Chardonnay grape residue has been found to contain human health benefits

Recent study finds the oligosaccharides in pomace could contribute to intestinal health

Chardonnay pomace, which is the solid remains of wine grapes after juicing, has been found to increase health benefits in humans, according to a study written by a food science research team at UC Davis.

[theaggie.org]

John

Biogenic amines, sulfites, headaches, & wine
15 June 2021 12:43
Biogenic amines, sulfites, headaches, & wine

The research papers for Master of Wine candidates don’t often receive a lot of attention once released for public consumption as they’re quite focused and specialized, sometimes to a fault. It would however seem that New Zealand winemaker Sophie Parker-Thomson’s paper is the exception and for good reason. It’s one of the first thorough research projects that collates various studies while conducting a massive one of her own to put forth the proposal that headaches in wines have little to do with sulfur dioxide (aka sulfites) and more to do with a complex set of what are called “amines”.

[www.hudin.com]

John

A new drink that reduces brain oxidative stress
22 June 2021 17:16
A new drink that reduces brain oxidative stress

Neurodegenerative diseases are age-dependent disorders whose prevalence is rising due to the increasing life span of the world’s population. According to the World Health Organization, the number of people with dementia worldwide was 46.8 million in 2015 but is expected to rise to 131.5 million by 2050. Unfortunately, nowadays, all these diseases lack an effective treatment and they represent the fourth cause of global disease burden in developed countries.

[www.ciencia-e-vinho.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen