Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Alcohol, gezondheid, medicijnen.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Wine and cheese may help prevent devastating brain disease
30 June 2021 19:05
Wine and cheese may help prevent devastating brain disease

“Rosé all day” might be more than just a strategy employed by beleaguered moms to survive school holidays — it could hint at the secret to preventing Alzheimer’s.

[www.theladders.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Wine and cheese may help prevent devastating brain disease
01 July 2021 11:53
How to live longer: Cheese and wine may promote longevity

“I was pleasantly surprised that our results suggest that responsibly eating cheese and drinking red wine daily are not just good for helping us cope with our current COVID-19 pandemic, but perhaps also dealing with an increasingly complex world that never seems to slow down,” Willette said

[toysmatrix.com]

John

Vineyard Pesticides Linked to Parkinson’s
01 July 2021 12:17
Vineyard Pesticides Linked to Parkinson’s

Vineyard farmers who spend more money on pesticide use are more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease, according to research published by French scientists in the journal Environmental Research. With Parkinson’s disease on the rise around the world, and emerging evidence growing for a Parkinson’s pandemic, it is critically important to suss out the factors at play. And as pesticides continue to appear as a driving force for this deadly chronic disease, it is increasingly necessary to pressure regulators to restrict use of these hazardous substances in chemical farming operations.

[beyondpesticides.org]

John

Drinking a little each week protects your heart if you have a cardiovascular condition, study finds
28 July 2021 19:31
Drinking a little each week protects your heart if you have a cardiovascular condition, study finds

(CNN)If you are living with heart disease, having a small amount of alcohol each day is linked to a lower risk of having another heart attack, stroke, angina (heart pain because of constricted arteries) or an early death, according to a new large study.

[edition.cnn.com]

John

Adjusting to the New Normal: with AYALA’s Caroline Latrive
16 August 2021 19:00
Adjusting to the New Normal: with AYALA’s Caroline Latrive

When AYALA closed its cellar for a month in March last year, it was the first time that this had happened since the winegrower revolt in Champagne in 1911. For the House’s chef de cave, Caroline Latrive, the pandemic has forced many changes upon her and her team, as it has on winemakers right across the globe. In this latest instalment of The Buyer’s series, Adjusting to the New Normal, we find out how AYALA is moving onwards and upwards as the world adapts to the changes wrought by Covid-19, both from a winemaking perspective but also how the commercial team has fared, as director general Hadrien Mouflar paints a picture of how he has met some of the many challenges.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Don’t be made to feel guilty about drinking wine
16 August 2021 19:14
Don’t be made to feel guilty about drinking wine

The culture I am part of has weird feelings about wine consumption. You could argue that it has an uneasy relationship with drinking. I live in the UK, and we are at a very strange place with respect to our relationship with booze.

[wineanorak.com]

John

Slowing the sugar rush to yield better grapes
18 August 2021 19:28
Slowing the sugar rush to yield better grapes

IRRIGATION management is one of the tools being explored to help control the accelerated rate at which grapes ripen due to a changing climate.

[www.northqueenslandregister.com.au]

John

Drinking red wine helps lower blood pressure, scientists say
25 August 2021 15:25
Drinking red wine helps lower blood pressure, scientists say

Good news for the wine lovers out there – a new study reveals that a couple of glasses of vino each week could have vital health benefits.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

This White Wine Has the Most Antioxidants, New Study Says
06 September 2021 18:54
This White Wine Has the Most Antioxidants, New Study Says

Cheers! Food scientists have ranked four beloved white wines based on their health benefits.

[www.eatthis.com]

John

French oenologists are teaching chemotherapy patients how to rehabilitate their sense of smell
27 September 2021 13:40
French oenologists are teaching chemotherapy patients how to rehabilitate their sense of smell

An experiment where oenologists rehabilitate patients suffering from multiple myeloma or lymphoma in taste and smell after chemotherapy will be carried out starting next month at the ‘Gustarium’ of the Mas de Saporta Languedoc wine centre in Lattes, near Montpellier. The AOC Languedoc wine school is contributing its expertise in sensory analysis to an unprecedented clinical study on the sensory rehabilitation of patients whose sense of taste and smell have been impaired by chemotherapy treatment.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Spicy Tomatoes, Hangover-proof Wine: Is There Anything CRISPR Can't Do?
27 September 2021 18:59
Spicy Tomatoes, Hangover-proof Wine: Is There Anything CRISPR Can't Do?

Lately, there's been a lot of buzz about mosquitoes; specifically, the genetically engineered variety. This summer, a team of scientists from the University of California, Santa Barbara and the University of Washington pioneered a method for messing with mosquito vision, making it very difficult for them to find human targets.

[science.howstuffworks.com]

John

Studies examine the link between drinking alcohol and increased breast cancer risk in women
02 November 2021 14:24
Studies examine the link between drinking alcohol and increased breast cancer risk in women

If you drink with any degree of regularity — or even at all — you might want to reconsider. Numerous studies point to alcohol increasing the risk of breast cancer.

[www.keranews.org]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen