Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Alcohol, gezondheid, medicijnen, Covid, Cosmetics.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Wine and cheese may help prevent devastating brain disease
30 June 2021 17:05
Wine and cheese may help prevent devastating brain disease

“Rosé all day” might be more than just a strategy employed by beleaguered moms to survive school holidays — it could hint at the secret to preventing Alzheimer’s.

[www.theladders.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Wine and cheese may help prevent devastating brain disease
01 July 2021 09:53
How to live longer: Cheese and wine may promote longevity

“I was pleasantly surprised that our results suggest that responsibly eating cheese and drinking red wine daily are not just good for helping us cope with our current COVID-19 pandemic, but perhaps also dealing with an increasingly complex world that never seems to slow down,” Willette said

[toysmatrix.com]

John

Vineyard Pesticides Linked to Parkinson’s
01 July 2021 10:17
Vineyard Pesticides Linked to Parkinson’s

Vineyard farmers who spend more money on pesticide use are more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease, according to research published by French scientists in the journal Environmental Research. With Parkinson’s disease on the rise around the world, and emerging evidence growing for a Parkinson’s pandemic, it is critically important to suss out the factors at play. And as pesticides continue to appear as a driving force for this deadly chronic disease, it is increasingly necessary to pressure regulators to restrict use of these hazardous substances in chemical farming operations.

[beyondpesticides.org]

John

Drinking a little each week protects your heart if you have a cardiovascular condition, study finds
28 July 2021 17:31
Drinking a little each week protects your heart if you have a cardiovascular condition, study finds

(CNN)If you are living with heart disease, having a small amount of alcohol each day is linked to a lower risk of having another heart attack, stroke, angina (heart pain because of constricted arteries) or an early death, according to a new large study.

[edition.cnn.com]

John

Adjusting to the New Normal: with AYALA’s Caroline Latrive
16 August 2021 17:00
Adjusting to the New Normal: with AYALA’s Caroline Latrive

When AYALA closed its cellar for a month in March last year, it was the first time that this had happened since the winegrower revolt in Champagne in 1911. For the House’s chef de cave, Caroline Latrive, the pandemic has forced many changes upon her and her team, as it has on winemakers right across the globe. In this latest instalment of The Buyer’s series, Adjusting to the New Normal, we find out how AYALA is moving onwards and upwards as the world adapts to the changes wrought by Covid-19, both from a winemaking perspective but also how the commercial team has fared, as director general Hadrien Mouflar paints a picture of how he has met some of the many challenges.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Don’t be made to feel guilty about drinking wine
16 August 2021 17:14
Don’t be made to feel guilty about drinking wine

The culture I am part of has weird feelings about wine consumption. You could argue that it has an uneasy relationship with drinking. I live in the UK, and we are at a very strange place with respect to our relationship with booze.

[wineanorak.com]

John

Slowing the sugar rush to yield better grapes
18 August 2021 17:28
Slowing the sugar rush to yield better grapes

IRRIGATION management is one of the tools being explored to help control the accelerated rate at which grapes ripen due to a changing climate.

[www.northqueenslandregister.com.au]

John

Drinking red wine helps lower blood pressure, scientists say
25 August 2021 13:25
Drinking red wine helps lower blood pressure, scientists say

Good news for the wine lovers out there – a new study reveals that a couple of glasses of vino each week could have vital health benefits.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

This White Wine Has the Most Antioxidants, New Study Says
06 September 2021 16:54
This White Wine Has the Most Antioxidants, New Study Says

Cheers! Food scientists have ranked four beloved white wines based on their health benefits.

[www.eatthis.com]

John

French oenologists are teaching chemotherapy patients how to rehabilitate their sense of smell
27 September 2021 11:40
French oenologists are teaching chemotherapy patients how to rehabilitate their sense of smell

An experiment where oenologists rehabilitate patients suffering from multiple myeloma or lymphoma in taste and smell after chemotherapy will be carried out starting next month at the ‘Gustarium’ of the Mas de Saporta Languedoc wine centre in Lattes, near Montpellier. The AOC Languedoc wine school is contributing its expertise in sensory analysis to an unprecedented clinical study on the sensory rehabilitation of patients whose sense of taste and smell have been impaired by chemotherapy treatment.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Spicy Tomatoes, Hangover-proof Wine: Is There Anything CRISPR Can't Do?
27 September 2021 16:59
Spicy Tomatoes, Hangover-proof Wine: Is There Anything CRISPR Can't Do?

Lately, there's been a lot of buzz about mosquitoes; specifically, the genetically engineered variety. This summer, a team of scientists from the University of California, Santa Barbara and the University of Washington pioneered a method for messing with mosquito vision, making it very difficult for them to find human targets.

[science.howstuffworks.com]

John

Studies examine the link between drinking alcohol and increased breast cancer risk in women
02 November 2021 13:24
Studies examine the link between drinking alcohol and increased breast cancer risk in women

If you drink with any degree of regularity — or even at all — you might want to reconsider. Numerous studies point to alcohol increasing the risk of breast cancer.

[www.keranews.org]

John

Good or bad? Top cardiologist gives verdict on chocolate, coffee and wine
22 November 2021 14:20
Good or bad? Top cardiologist gives verdict on chocolate, coffee and wine

Exclusive: Prof Thomas Lüscher assesses the heart healthiness of some of our favourite treats

[www.theguardian.com]

John

THE COVID ACCELERATED SHIFT TO LOCAL WINE IS SET TO CONTINUE
03 December 2021 14:43
THE COVID ACCELERATED SHIFT TO LOCAL WINE IS SET TO CONTINUE

A consistent theme of consumer marketing manuals is the exhortation to remain ‘close’ to your customers. The meaning of this closeness has evolved over recent decades in developed world fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) markets. Once it meant simply having products, with appropriate prices and promotions, on store shelves where your target audience was likely to be shopping; in the internet era, brands competed to be present and influential on people’s desktops, either to occupy mindspace or to prompt an online purchase.

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Antioxidants in Wine: The Health Debate Continues
09 December 2021 14:07
Antioxidants in Wine: The Health Debate Continues

GrapevineI accumulate readers’ questions and comments, then periodically address one of them in a column. For what it’s worth, these columns are my thoughts on facts and misconceptions swirling around the wine world, which are popping up on readers’ radar screens.

[www.theexaminernews.com]

John

Less wine was consumed during the coronavirus pandemic, research reveals
12 December 2021 13:32
Less wine was consumed during the coronavirus pandemic, research reveals

The health crisis has affected the consumption of wine and champagne considerably, according to new research from Professor Nathalie Spielmann from NEOMA Business School.

[pressreleases.responsesource.com]

John

How much alcohol is too much? Experts on why wine is healthy, what to eat to avoid a hangover and the point when drinking becomes excessive

To not indulge is a challenge during the festive season. Experts suggest ways to help keep your alcohol consumption safely in check
Drinking plenty of water and having wholesome foods (think vegetables and protein, not just lots of carbs) can help offset the effects of alcohol the day after

[www.scmp.com]

John

French wine industry outraged over temperance-driven cancer plan
28 December 2021 13:08
French wine industry outraged over temperance-driven cancer plan

Taking the zero-risk policy to the extreme for cancer prevention has met with fierce opposition from the French wine industry. “This decision is a provocation, a declaration of war and a condemnation of our industry”, slammed Jean-Marie Fabre, chairman of the French independent winegrowers’ organisation. The casus belli he is referring to is the report rubber-stamped on December 9 by the European Parliament's special committee on beating cancer (BECA), which states in paragraph 11 that “alcohol consumption is a risk factor for many cancers, such as mouth, pharynx, larynx, oesophagus, liver, colorectal and breast cancer” and “recalls the World Health Organisation (WHO) study which recognises that when it comes to cancer prevention there is no safe level and stresses the need to take this into account when discussing and implementing cancer prevention policies”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Can Added Sulfites in Wine Actually Prevent Headaches?
28 December 2021 13:13
Can Added Sulfites in Wine Actually Prevent Headaches?

New research finds that even small additions of the compound can eliminate molecules believed to cause adverse reactions to certain wines

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Mediterranean diet ranked as best diet of the year for 5th time
05 January 2022 17:48
Mediterranean diet ranked as best diet of the year for 5th time

The Mediterranean diet has been named the healthiest way to eat in 2022 based on rankings from US News and World Report.
Rich in veggies, healthy fat, and lean protein, it takes the top rank for the fifth year in a row.
The diet scores highly for being nutritious, flexible, and evidence-based, per the panel of experts.
Over 3 million people read Morning Brew; you should too

[www.insider.com]

John

Covid-19 led to smell problems for many. Seniors are especially vulnerable.
11 January 2022 18:01
Covid-19 led to smell problems for many. Seniors are especially vulnerable.

The reports from coronavirus patients are disconcerting. Only a few hours before, they were enjoying a cup of pungent coffee or the fragrance of flowers in a garden. Then, as if a switch had been flipped, those smells disappeared.

[www.sfgate.com]

John

Alcohol and COVID-19: Good news for red wine drinkers, but blow for beer boozers?
18 January 2022 17:53
Alcohol and COVID-19: Good news for red wine drinkers, but blow for beer boozers?

People who consume red wine between one to more than five glasses a week had a 10 to 17% lower risk in contracting COVID-19, but beer drinkers had a heightened risk, according to a recent study.

[www.foodnavigator-asia.com]

John

Red Wine Will Protect You From Covid Infection
26 January 2022 11:10
Red Wine Will Protect You From Covid Infection

Despite the significance of this report (it's real) there will be push back and skepticism...for understandable reaons.

[tomwark.substack.com]

John

Why has our relationship with wine changed in the Covid era?
26 January 2022 11:13
Why has our relationship with wine changed in the Covid era?

Like it or not, citizens of the world are participating in a giant, unprecedented, ‘natural experiment’ – the Covid pandemic. Enforced changes in our everyday behaviour have had multiple impacts across markets and categories. Some of these effects are more predictable, and well-documented: because going to the shops was difficult (or the shops were shut), most of us turned to shopping online for everything from clothes to food to alcohol.

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Do Fitness Lovers Drink More? New Study Says Yes
01 February 2022 18:08
Do Fitness Lovers Drink More? New Study Says Yes

Researchers found a link between people with high fitness levels and moderate to heavy drinking habits

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Red Wine Headaches Under the Microscope
08 February 2022 18:07
Red Wine Headaches Under the Microscope

Nobody actually knows what causes red-wine headaches. UC Davis would like to change that but needs to raise the money to investigate it.

UC Davis has started crowd-funding of a study that would attempt to find a correlation between headaches and components of red wine. The university has to ask us for money because, as the crowdfunding page makes clear, the National Institute of Health "has never been supportive of headache research, despite the huge amount of suffering migraine and related conditions cause".

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Red Wine Might Not Be as Protective Against COVID as Recent Study Suggested
22 February 2022 13:10
Red Wine Might Not Be as Protective Against COVID as Recent Study Suggested

The original study published in the journal Frontiers in Nutrition made headlines in January, because who would mind drinking red wine instead of wearing pesky masks?

[sputniknews.com]

John

DRINKING RED WINE COULD HELP SOME MEN LIVE LONGER — STUDY
22 February 2022 13:32
DRINKING RED WINE COULD HELP SOME MEN LIVE LONGER — STUDY

FRUIT AND VEGETABLES contain many nutrients and minerals that play an important role in helping us maintain good health. Take flavonoids, for example. These are a group of naturally occurring compounds that are found in many foods — including citrus fruit, berries, red wine, and even dark chocolate.

[www.inverse.com]

John

How many calories are there really in your glass of wine?
23 February 2022 18:10
How many calories are there really in your glass of wine?

After a well-publicised study noted that two medium-sized (175ml) glasses of wine can contain as many calories as a burger, with two glasses of some wines hitting your daily sugar intake on their own, we reveal how many calories there really are in your glass of wine.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Positive Effects Of Alcohol On The Heart A ‘Myth’ Says New Study
23 February 2022 18:12
Positive Effects Of Alcohol On The Heart A ‘Myth’ Says New Study

A drink or two a day isn’t thought to be particularly harmful, at least according to some guidelines on alcohol consumption. Some studies even indicate that a moderate level of drinking may benefit heart health and the CDC recommends that men have no more than two drinks per day, and women no more than one. But a new study of over 350,000 people has found that even drinking a small amount of alcohol increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen