Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Alcohol, gezondheid, medicijnen, Covid, Cosmetics.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Gov’t: Planned EU Ban on Promotion of Red Meat and Wine ‘Unacceptable’
28 February 2022 11:18
Gov’t: Planned EU Ban on Promotion of Red Meat and Wine ‘Unacceptable’

A European Commission plan to prohibit the promotion of red meat and wine in the bloc is “unacceptable”, a state secretary of the Hungarian agriculture ministry has said.

[hungarytoday.hu]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Pandemic Potential
28 February 2022 11:22
Pandemic Potential

The arrival of the bacterial plant pathogen Xylella fastidiosa could decimate New Zealand’s $2 billion a year wine exports, lock down our vineyards, evaporate jobs and deprive us of a favoured local tipple. Covid-19 response tactics - coupled with high-tech solutions - could keep the vino flowing, reports Pamela Niskanen.

[www.ruralnewsgroup.co.nz]

John

Researchers Valorize the Utility of Wine Byproducts for Cosmetics
07 March 2022 18:06
Researchers Valorize the Utility of Wine Byproducts for Cosmetics

Researchers have published a review in the journal Cosmetics valorizing the utility of extracts derived from wine-making byproducts for cosmetics and oral care; although the authors note the extraction process must be carefully considered.

Grape pomaces are particularly rich in bioactive molecules, especially phenolic compounds. These materials can be recovered and used as active ingredients in cosmetic products.

[www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com]

John

Vie de filière
16 March 2022 18:45
Vie de filière

Du mastic sans gluten pour les fûts

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

Are drinks to blame for plastic being found in the human bloodstream?
28 March 2022 17:24
Are drinks to blame for plastic being found in the human bloodstream?

Scientists have found plastic in human blood, indicating that micro-particles can travel around the body and find a way into organs.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Drinking Wine During Meals Could Lower Your Risk of Developing Diabetes, Researchers Find
01 April 2022 17:08
Drinking Wine During Meals Could Lower Your Risk of Developing Diabetes, Researchers Find

Preliminary data from a Tulane study found that the timing of your wine consumption could play a major role in preventing type 2 diabetes

[www.winespectator.com]

John

How Alcohol Affects Your Body When You're On A Flight
22 April 2022 17:16
How Alcohol Affects Your Body When You're On A Flight

Given the potential side effects, such as dehydration and lowered inhibitions, is it really worth it to order alcohol on a plane? Here’s what experts have to say.

[www.huffpost.com]

John

GROWING OPPORTUNITY FOR LOWER ALCOHOL WINE IN THE US MARKET
10 May 2022 17:17
GROWING OPPORTUNITY FOR LOWER ALCOHOL WINE IN THE US MARKET

As has been well documented, consumer interest in moderating consumption of alcohol has been steadily increasing over the past decade, creating a long-term market opportunity for, amongst other things, lower alcohol wine. And yet, so far, wine containing reduced alcohol levels has not made the level of impact in the US compared with other lower ABV options – most notably ready-to-drink (RTD) alcohol products, with IWSR consumer data showing that 1 in 5 US RTD consumers reporting they have migrated from wine.

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

An alarming prevalence of smell, taste loss during COVID’s delta surge
27 May 2022 16:37
An alarming prevalence of smell, taste loss during COVID’s delta surge

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The loss of smell and taste with a COVID-19 infection during the delta surge was a prevalent symptom and wasn’t prevented by vaccination, new research suggests.

[www.miragenews.com]

John

You Must Remember This: Moderate Wine Consumption Linked to Lower Risk of Dementia
27 May 2022 16:43
You Must Remember This: Moderate Wine Consumption Linked to Lower Risk of Dementia

Researchers find evidence of neuroprotective benefits in a daily glass of wine and a few cups of tea

[www.winespectator.com]?

John

Does wine help you live longer?
27 July 2022 12:29
Does wine help you live longer?

There's nothing wrong with a glass a day.

[www.livescience.com]

John

Here's Exactly How Bad Drinking Alcohol Is for Your Skin
05 August 2022 12:23
Here's Exactly How Bad Drinking Alcohol Is for Your Skin

It's not great! As usual, moderation is the answer.

[www.gq.com]

John

Will drinking alcohol make a cold worse?
06 August 2022 11:26
Will drinking alcohol make a cold worse?

Alcohol’s reputation as a medicinal aid can be traced back to biblical times, but with all we know in modern medicine, will drinking alcohol make a cold worse, or could it actually help?

John

Advocates, Provocateurs, Cheerleaders and Journalists.
09 August 2022 17:25
Advocates, Provocateurs, Cheerleaders and Journalists.

The alcohol industry could do with a few more journalists.

[tomwark.substack.com]

John

Is Inflation Pushing Us to Drink Less Alcohol?
20 August 2022 10:09
Is Inflation Pushing Us to Drink Less Alcohol?

Inflation's effect on drinking alcoholic beverages depends on how much you earn.

[www.thestreet.com]

John

Eating grapes can extend your life by 5 years and reduce Alzheimer’s risk, study says
20 August 2022 10:16
Eating grapes can extend your life by 5 years and reduce Alzheimer’s risk, study says

Worried about your health? There’s grape news for you!

A study published in the journal Foods has found that grapes can have numerous positive health impacts. Grapes can reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and fatty liver disease — and can even add five years to your life.

[nypost.com]

John

I hit a wall tasting wine. Then I tried drinking it under hypnosis.
20 August 2022 10:20
I hit a wall tasting wine. Then I tried drinking it under hypnosis.

It was when the four-legged plum appeared that I realized something odd was going on.

I was drinking a modest burgundy, a grenache blend that, in other circumstances, I might have merely thought “pretty good” — my usual assessment of a weeknight wine, when I’m looking to spend undistracted time with my lovely wife.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Aren’t you sick of hearing about wine and health?
27 August 2022 12:32
Aren’t you sick of hearing about wine and health?

There are two things that seem to be getting up people's noses regarding current health issues. The first is the SARS-CoV2 coronavirus and its associated Covid-19 disease. People are sick of hearing about it, and want the pandemic “to be over”, so that they can go back to “the way things were 2¾ years ago”. The second topic is that when we read something new about wine and health, it seems to contradict the previous thing we read — sometimes wine is good for us, and sometimes it is not.

[winegourd.blogspot.com]

John

Wine expert heralds eggs as a quick hangover cure
19 November 2022 12:57
Wine expert heralds eggs as a quick hangover cure

We all know the dreaded feeling that comes the morning after a big night, but one expert has claimed that something as simple as eating eggs can help cure a hangover.

John

Study: antioxidant flavonols linked to slower memory decline Fruits, vegetables, tea may be helpful
24 November 2022 18:07
Study: antioxidant flavonols linked to slower memory decline Fruits, vegetables, tea may be helpful

Peer-Reviewed Publication
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF NEUROLOGY

MINNEAPOLIS – People who eat or drink more foods with antioxidant flavonols, which are found in several fruits and vegetables as well as tea and wine, may have a slower rate of memory decline, according to a study published in the November 22, 2022, online issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology.

[www.eurekalert.org]

John

Pectinases and their applications in wine
24 November 2022 18:19
Pectinases and their applications in wine

Pectins are well known as the polysaccharides that contribute to the firmness of plant tissues and confer rigidity to cell walls, protecting the plant from droughts, parasites and predators.

[www.infowine.com]

John

Is wine good for your skin?
14 January 2023 11:57
Is wine good for your skin?

Skincare fanatics, raise your glasses. New developments in the cosmetics industry indicate red wine could be good for your skin, as both an active ingredient and a drink.

John

Hangover headaches are the least of your worries. Scientists say drinking can be hard on the brain
01 February 2023 10:29
Hangover headaches are the least of your worries. Scientists say drinking can be hard on the brain

Research supports negative effects on the brain and the benefits of cutting back

[www.cbc.ca]

John

Can vines benefit from reiki therapy?
07 February 2023 14:08
Can vines benefit from reiki therapy?

A reiki practitioner, who aims to improve the “flow of energy” in vineyards, says that business is booming.

John

Re: Can vines benefit from reiki therapy?
07 February 2023 22:36
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen