Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Etiketten, flessen, glazen, decanters, Tasting Notes.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Glassware Revisited
09 August 2021 18:56
Glassware Revisited

Recently I read an online article about glassware. I learned that during the pandemic last year Americans drank 14% more than the previous year. No surprise given the stress of shelter in place and what with everyone always being home. I also learned that Americans purchased more wine online last year and, not surprisingly, more wine glasses than ever. The article then goes on to quote several industry professionals about their personal glassware choices. One mentioned that they drank wine out of small mason pint jars at home. Another admitted to using old McDonald’s glassware found at a thrift shop when hanging out with friends so as not to be so serious about the whole wine thing.

[www.timgaiser.com]?

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
THE EVOLUTION OF WINE LABELS, AND WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THEM
16 August 2021 19:18
THE EVOLUTION OF WINE LABELS, AND WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THEM

While over 80% of consumers admit to choosing wine by its label, they tend to admit it sheepishly. But, for as long as they have been in existence, wine labels have, in varying ways, given us many helpful clues—not just about what’s inside the bottle, but about the society that created it. The wine labels of the past can serve as a window into the culture, technology, and values of a given time and place.

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

Time for Wine to Go Topless
02 September 2021 19:04
Time for Wine to Go Topless

Are wine capsules a crucial element of the theatre of opening a bottle or a crime against humanity?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

French winegrowers state sulphite content on their labels
08 September 2021 19:26
French winegrowers state sulphite content on their labels

Could this be a first? “Personally, I never seen anyone else do it”, claims Savoy winegrower Didier Berthollier. For the past two years, Domaine la Combe des Grand'Vignes (12 hectares in Chignin, currently converting to organic) has been displaying sulphite concentrations measured at each bottling on the back labels of the dozen wines it produces. The concentrations are compared to the regulatory limits for organic, biodynamic and Association des Vins Naturels wines (see photos below).

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Umami in fermented beverages
13 September 2021 19:26
Umami in fermented beverages

Sensing wine and pairing with food

When describing the sensory perception of wine, also in the context of pairing with food, olfactory sensation (aroma, odour, smell) usually takes priority, and taste and mouthfeel come second. The full concept of flavour formally encompasses smell, taste, and mouthfeel (including astringency and chemesthesis) and some tasters even include visual appearance and auditory sensation. A ‘taste experience’ can thus be defined as a multi-sensoric integration of all these sensory inputs, folded with expectations, previous experiences, culture, social context, etc.: Flavour is in the brain of the taster.

[www.ciencia-e-vinho.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen