Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Etiketten, flessen, glazen, decanters, Tasting Notes.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The Expense of Artist Series Wine Labels Proves Priceless
17 June 2022 17:28
The Expense of Artist Series Wine Labels Proves Priceless

Perusing the shelves of a wine shop, it’s not surprising that consumer attention veers toward a splash of unexpected color or an eye-catching illustration. According to a 2019 article in Frontiers on Psychology, wine labels influence consumer choices. But what about the growing trend in artist series wine labels?

When weighing the myriad of costs associated with wine production, wine producers share whether artist series wine labels turn a more significant profit.

[mag.sommtv.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Frugalpac sells ‘world’s first’ paper bottle machine
17 June 2022 17:31
Frugalpac sells ‘world’s first’ paper bottle machine

Frugalpac has sold its first paper bottle machine to Canadian firm KinsBrae Packaging.

[www.packagingnews.co.uk]

John

Devil's Advocate - wine has to taste of where it was produced. Doesn't it?
27 June 2022 17:40
Devil's Advocate - wine has to taste of where it was produced. Doesn't it?

Robert Joseph wonders why a beverage made from grapes is casually treated so differently to one made from coffee beans or tea leaves.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 27/06/2022 17:41 door JohnCopier.
New Name, Same Zalto
28 June 2022 17:25
New Name, Same Zalto

He built a prestige brand and then lost it, but Kurt Zalto is still making wine glasses.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Journey's End and Interpunkt launch paperboard wine bottles
06 July 2022 16:56
Journey's End and Interpunkt launch paperboard wine bottles

Stellenbosch winemaker Journey's End has launched a pioneering range of wines in paperboard bottles in partnership with new wine brand Interpunkt.

[www.thedrinksreport.com]

John

Julien De Beaumarchais De Rothschild On A Longstanding Family Tradition Of Putting Art On Wine Labels
14 July 2022 17:18
Julien De Beaumarchais De Rothschild On A Longstanding Family Tradition Of Putting Art On Wine Labels

Think Picasso, Dali, Chagall, Warhol, Niki de Saint Phalle, Bernar Venet and Keith Haring, whose artworks feature on the labels of a Bordeaux first-growth wine, a classification reserved for only the best of the best. The brainchild of Baron Philippe de Rothschild, who inherited Château Mouton Rothschild in 1922 – after his great-grandfather Baron Nathaniel de Rothschild acquired the Pauillac estate of Brane-Mouton at auction in 1853 and added the family name to it – he turned age-old tradition on its head and spearheaded a revolution in the wine world. While the wine from every vineyard in the Médoc had always been sold in casks to Bordeaux merchants in charge of maturing, bottling, labeling and marketing, leaving the owner with no rights over the end product, Baron Philippe introduced the ground-breaking idea in 1924 of bottling the complete harvest before it left the estate, transferring responsibility back to the owner.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Carbon Fiber Wine Bottle Inspired By Bugatti Bollide Hypercar
15 July 2022 11:19
Carbon Fiber Wine Bottle Inspired By Bugatti Bollide Hypercar

This is one of the few Bugatti products you might be able to afford.

As fans of the outrageous Bugatti Bolide and the odd bottle of French wine, this is a brand collaboration we can get behind. French hypercar manufacturer Bugatti and Champagne Carbon, also a product of France in the Grand Est region have teamed up for a new bottle of vino (this is not their first) dubbed the EB.03 Bolide that comes in a beautiful two-tone blue and black carbon fiber wrapped bottle.

The branding move here comes just in time for Bugatti's 110th birthday too, meaning plenty of this stuff will be popped and consumed at celebrations around the elite automotive world. And since the Bolide is the pinnacle of Bugatti engineering and design, the bottle for the EB.03 tries aims to emulate just that in a real carbon fiber collectible.

[carbuzz.com]

John

Why wine glass shapes matter
15 July 2022 11:25
Why wine glass shapes matter

If you're a wine lover, you might have heard that the choice of shapes of wine glasses makes a difference. If you're a doubting Thomas, all I can say is this: It is true. Certain types of wines taste better in certain types of glasses.

[www.lodiwine.com]

John

Re: Why wine glass shapes matter
18 July 2022 11:43
Ik wilde er nooit aan maar moest het proefondervindelijk toch toegeven cool smiley
World’s Oldest Glass Maker Riedel Braces for Shutdowns as Gas Crisis Deepens
18 August 2022 12:28
World’s Oldest Glass Maker Riedel Braces for Shutdowns as Gas Crisis Deepens

Furnaces at the luxury glass company can break if they are allowed to cool so gas rationing would have a serious impact on operations.

[www.bloomberg.com]

John

Does anyone still need wine writers?
18 August 2022 12:31
Does anyone still need wine writers?

I saw that one of the questions posed to aspiring Master of Wine candidates in the exams at the end of the first year of study concerned my profession. ‘Does anyone still need wine writers?’ it asked. Rather than a one word answer, an essay is required. I thought I’d write my own essay on the topic.

[wineanorak.com]

John

Re: Does anyone still need wine writers?
18 August 2022 12:35
No, Wine Writers Are Not Still Needed

A Response to the Masters of Wine

[tomwark.substack.com]

John

Words matter – but which ones?
18 August 2022 12:38
Words matter – but which ones?

In the space of a couple of weeks, the JancisRobinson.com editorial inbox received three emails on the subject of tasting notes. One reader said, ‘I’m a great fan of JR and the website but, whilst I’m certainly not questioning her palate, Tamlyn has to be taking the mickey out of us with some of her tasting notes in the champagne article.’ He was particularly offended by the way I described a wine’s acidity by its shape.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Wine in paper bottles: What does the future hold?
23 August 2022 12:09
Wine in paper bottles: What does the future hold?

Rob Malin was inspired to found Anglo-Italian craft wine company When In Rome during his time in rural Italy, watching the locals buy wine from local producers in refillable containers. Now he and his co-founders, Andrea Marchesi and Lorenzo Canali, sell their own products in paper bottles. We spoke to Rob about this decision and its reflection on the wine industry in Europe and beyond.

[packagingeurope.com]

John

What Does ‘Flinty’ Mean in Wine?
23 August 2022 12:32
What Does ‘Flinty’ Mean in Wine?

The term ‘flinty’ may not be terribly familiar to the average wine drinker. An uncommon terroir profile note found in many white wines has significant contributions, although imbibers may have a hard time describing it outside of the usual fruit aromas.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Wine tasting notes come under the microscope
27 August 2022 12:57
Wine tasting notes come under the microscope

Some interesting discussions have opened up around the way we write about wine. David Kermode considers how to strike the best balance when penning tasting notes that capture a flavour – and, more often than not, a feeling

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Surprising trends in wine bottle design, like ‘flattened’ bottles
19 September 2022 12:52
Surprising trends in wine bottle design, like ‘flattened’ bottles

The Business Journal asked key professionals about what’s hot for wine packaging design, particularly how a global movement by governments and consumers toward environmental sustainability is affecting vintner decisions on container materials.

How has wine packaging evolved to meet environmental goals? How has the balance between ideal and feasibility been pursued?

[www.northbaybusinessjournal.com]

John

Wine labelling with the list of ingredients: context, consumer’s perception and future challenges
30 September 2022 12:18
Wine labelling with the list of ingredients: context, consumer’s perception and future challenges

Since 2011, Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 on the provision of food information to consumers (FIC) exempted alcoholic beverages above 1.2% abv from the mandatory list of ingredients and the nutrition declaration. In 2017, the European Commission invited the alcohol beverages industry to respond to consumers’ expectations and to present, within a year, a proposal of self-regulation on ingredients and nutritional information covering the whole sector.

[ives-technicalreviews.eu]

John

Who cares about wine ratings?
18 October 2022 13:12
Who cares about wine ratings?

I am a wine critic and have been for a long time. However, I have often mused about whether scoring wine is a necessary evil or just evil.

[www.northwestwinereport.com]

John

Wine Tasting Notes By Hemingway, Dylan, Etc.
01 February 2023 10:31
Wine Tasting Notes By Hemingway, Dylan, Etc.

This exercise should end my recent preoccupation with ChatGPT, the hugely popular Artificial Intelligence (AI) program meant principally for customer-service dialogue but raising concerns that it also could be exploited to create unoriginal and uncredited term papers, articles, poems, songs and the like.

[signaturewines.us]

John

The History of Wine Labels
01 February 2023 10:34
The History of Wine Labels

There was only one “wine” in the beginning. This is no surprise considering that people began drinking fermented grape juice around 6000 B.C., long before other concepts such as “varietal,” terroir, and “oaky end” became mainstream.

[filmdaily.co]

John

What's the most useless glass bottle? One that never leaves the winery.
06 February 2023 14:22
What's the most useless glass bottle? One that never leaves the winery.

Last week, I walked out of my office on my way to the mezzanine level of our cellar, on which we keep a few cases of each of our bottled-but-not-yet-released wines. I was looking for samples of our 2022 Patelin de Tablas Rosé, 2022 Dianthus, and 2022 Vermentino, to write tasting notes for our website in anticipation of the wines' release announcements.

[tablascreek.typepad.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen