Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

TCA, kurk, fles en flesafsluiters.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Would You Drink This 1695-Year-Old Bottle of Wine?
27 October 2020 22:22
Montreal is building bridges using recycled wine bottles
03 November 2020 18:35
Montreal is building bridges using recycled wine bottles

The city of Montreal in Canada is going to have two bridges made out of recycled glass bottles by 2021. The City of Montreal, together with the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ), announces a new project that will use around 70,000 glass bottles to create two Darwin Bridges on Nuns’ Island, Montreal.

[www.inceptivemind.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
SCOTTISH INDIE BECOMES FIRST RETAILER IN THE WORLD TO LIST PAPER WINE BOTTLE
17 November 2020 18:16
SCOTTISH INDIE BECOMES FIRST RETAILER IN THE WORLD TO LIST PAPER WINE BOTTLE

Scottish independent wine merchant WoodWinters has become the first retailer in the world to sell wine in a paper bottle.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Looking at a World Without Wine Bottles
23 November 2020 18:08
Looking at a World Without Wine Bottles

Following on from his thoughts on wine bottles, Oliver Styles explores the world of wine kegs.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The European Age of Exploration Was the Unlikely Impetus for the Birth of the Champagne Bottle
30 November 2020 18:16
The European Age of Exploration Was the Unlikely Impetus for the Birth of the Champagne Bottle

At the start of the 16th century, spurred by the invention of the printing press and a push for overseas exploration, wood had become a critical part of everyday European life. It was used to construct homes and buildings, as fuel for heating and glassmaking, and it was the primary raw material for building ships. But by mid-century, Europe faced a serious wood shortage that would change the course of history. Yet despite its terrible cost, the shortage had an ironic silver lining: the birth of the Champagne bottle.

[vinepair.com]

John

STUDY SHOWS CLINGFILM CAN REMOVE CORK TAINT
30 November 2020 18:13
STUDY SHOWS CLINGFILM CAN REMOVE CORK TAINT

A study carried out in France has shown that plastic clingfilm can successfully remove 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA), also known as cork taint, although its application is probably of more use in the winery than at home.

John

Proof that cling film removes cork taint
07 December 2020 17:59
Proof that cling film removes cork taint

It’s long been rumoured that cling film can remove TCA contamination from wine. The scientists have now passed judgement, says Robert Joseph, and sales of clingfilm are sure to follow.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Diam finances the largest planting programme of cork oaks ever rolled out in Provence
07 December 2020 18:07
Diam finances the largest planting programme of cork oaks ever rolled out in Provence

Home to France’s second most extensive woodland area, with 1.6 million hectares, Provence has prioritised the renewal of its forestry heritage. In a bid to combat fires and promote biodiversity, last year it launched the ‘1 million trees planted by 2021’ scheme.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

THE BIG INTERVIEW: ANTÓNIO RIOS DE AMORIM
24 December 2020 18:24
THE BIG INTERVIEW: ANTÓNIO RIOS DE AMORIM

Despite having had a stormy 2020 due to wine sales being down, Portuguese cork producer Amorim was determined to fulfil a promise – to eradicate TCA. António Rios de Amorim tells Patrick Schmitt MW about achieving that aim.

John

AMORIM REVEALS DETAILS OF ‘WORLD’S GREENEST’ ANTI-TCA TECHNOLOGIES
20 January 2021 17:59
AMORIM REVEALS DETAILS OF ‘WORLD’S GREENEST’ ANTI-TCA TECHNOLOGIES

Following news announced exclusively by db last year, today Amorim has revealed the details of new technologies to eradicate detectable TCA* for every cork it makes, calling them the “world’s greenest”.

John

Amorim creates sustainable stoppers
02 February 2021 18:39
Amorim creates sustainable stoppers

Leading closures producer Amorim has unveiled a new range of sustainable stoppers as part of the firm’s strategy to supply eco-friendly products.

[www.thespiritsbusiness.com]

John

Screwcaps celebrate 20 years
12 February 2021 18:08
Screwcaps celebrate 20 years

It has been 20 years since screwcaps were first used to seal New Zealand wine bottles.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Re: Screwcaps celebrate 20 years
14 February 2021 18:11
Cork-maker Amorim's net profit falls as COVID-19 hits wine stopper sales
25 February 2021 18:21
Cork-maker Amorim's net profit falls as COVID-19 hits wine stopper sales

LISBON (Reuters) - The world’s largest cork products company, Corticeira Amorim, posted a 14% fall in net 2020 profit on Wednesday as the pandemic hit sales of its main wine stopper business and it booked one-off charges.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Motto creates 'first of a kind' aluminium-bottled wine packaging
02 March 2021 10:37
Motto creates 'first of a kind' aluminium-bottled wine packaging

Dallas- and New York-based branding agency Motto has created the branding and packaging for Revelshine, billed as a "first-of-its-kind line of sustainable wine bottled in unbreakable, infinitely recyclable aluminium vessels".

Hm, of dit nu de oplossing is?

[www.creativeboom.com]

John

Put a Cork in It? The Wine Closure Industry is Changing
03 March 2021 18:20
Put a Cork in It? The Wine Closure Industry is Changing

The next time you open a bottle of wine, take a closer look at the stopper, or maybe even give it a sniff. Whether it’s made of natural cork or a manufactured material, it may have been specially designed to eliminate tainted wine.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Re: Put a Cork in It? The Wine Closure Industry is Changing
03 March 2021 18:22
Next Round: The World’s Largest Cork Producer Fuses Nature and Technology

Airing between regular episodes of the “VinePair Podcast,” “Next Round” explores the ideas and innovations that are helping drinks businesses adapt in a time of unprecedented change. As the coronavirus crisis continues and new challenges arise, VP Pro is in your corner, supporting the drinks community for all the rounds to come. If you have a story or perspective to share, email us at podcast@vinepair.com.

In this “Next Round” episode, host Zach Geballe chats with Carlos de Jesus, director of marketing and communications at Amorim Cork. Amorim has been operating for over 150 years and produces cork for a plethora of different industries, from wine and spirits to Birkenstock sandals. Wine stoppers account for 70 percent of the cork industry. And although alternative wine stoppers made of plastic and glass are beginning to hit the market, de Jesus elucidates why cork should be irreplaceable.

[vinepair.com]

John

Sealing the Deal: Wine Pros Weigh In on the Best Bottle Closures
08 March 2021 18:20
Sealing the Deal: Wine Pros Weigh In on the Best Bottle Closures

Wine closure options go far beyond just corks. Over the past few decades, glass closures, screw caps, and various forms of synthetic closures have made their way onto the market, giving the wine world’s most traditional wine seal a run for its money.

[vinepair.com]

John

Influence of different screw caps on wine quality
17 May 2021 17:30
Influence of different screw caps on wine quality

Summary
Screw caps differ in the oxygen barrier effect of their sealing inserts. Too much oxygen promotes oxidative ageing, too little oxygen promotes reductive ageing. Reductive ageing under hermetically sealing bottle closures is due to the formation of increased levels of volatile sulphur compounds, in particular thiols and H2S, whose odour causes reductive taints. Their prevention by the addition of copper salts before bottling is commonly opposed due to a variety of concerns. As an alternative, a functionalised liner for screw caps has been developed. It traps the thiols responsible for the occurrence of post-bottling reduction flavour and at the same time protects the fruity varietal aromas from oxidative ageing through its perfect oxygen barrier effect.

[www.infowine.com]

John

Re: Influence of different screw caps on wine quality
17 May 2021 17:31
The new generation of liners for wine screw caps offers unique protection against oxidative and reductive ageing

The introduction of aluminium screw caps for closing wine bottles in the late 1960s was revolutionary and instantly offered wine consumers the convenience to open and reseal their wine alongside reducing wine faults related to premature oxidation and cork taint.

[www.infowine.com]

John

Perceptions and advancements of cork closures
08 June 2021 17:10
Perceptions and advancements of cork closures

These days, sustainability is at the forefront of producers’ and consumers’ minds. What they drink, and how its packaging may impact the world, are a big purchase decision driver. However, when it comes to fine wine and the perceptions of various closures, there is a divide, often between what is best for the planet and what closure type a person deems as ‘fine wine’ worthy. Journalist Samuel Squire explores these perceptions and their implications for screwcaps and cork closures to find out where the line is drawn.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

How Much Does That Wine Bottle Weigh?
01 July 2021 09:58
How Much Does That Wine Bottle Weigh?

How much does that wine bottle weight? The answer, too often, is simply too much.

[wineeconomist.com]

John

Bacchus from the paper bottle
05 July 2021 16:59
Bacchus from the paper bottle

Online retailer "The English Vine" launches English wine in a paper bottle.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Why the French wine industry is running out of wooden cases, boxes and glass bottles
24 September 2021 17:28
Why the French wine industry is running out of wooden cases, boxes and glass bottles

Members of the French wine industry have not even begun to think about the inevitable increase in the price of their wines due to the small 2021 crop, and already they have to contend with the headache of surging prices of dry materials. In recent months, supplies across-the-board seem to have become scarce, with price and delivery time increases for glass bottles, wooden crates, boxes, and even pallets.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

How to open a mature bottle
06 October 2021 12:27
How to open a mature bottle

Opening a mature vintage can present a certain challenge, since the cork can become fragile over time. It would be such a shame to spoil a superb Château Mouton-Rothschild or a 1990 La-Tâche for the sake of a stopper falling into the wine…But there a few things you can do to avoid this disappointment!

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Industry-first virtual trials to begin on lightweighting glass bottles
11 November 2021 17:40
Industry-first virtual trials to begin on lightweighting glass bottles

-- Virtual trials on new coatings to significantly reduce the weight of glass bottles to start in January 2022, with anticipated product testing in summer 2022

-- Virtual trials reduce the risks and timescales of the development and testing process for glass strengthening and lightweighting

-- Reducing the weight of glass bottles reduces the raw materials and energy used in the glass melting process and reduces emissions in manufacture and transportation

-- If successful, significant lightweighting could be transformational for the glass industry on its journey to net zero carbon emissions

[www.prnewswire.com]

John

A Cork Dork’s Guide to Alternative Wine Closures
11 January 2022 18:05
A Cork Dork’s Guide to Alternative Wine Closures

While alternative styles of bottle closures are nothing new to the wine world — as screw caps and composite corks are becoming industry staples — there are myriad new types of wine closures that have been making the rounds lately.

[vinepair.com]

John

Empty bottles of premium whisky on ebay snapped up by counterfeiters
13 January 2022 18:19
Empty bottles of premium whisky on ebay snapped up by counterfeiters

Used whisky bottles are summoning princely prices on selling sites, as criminals buy and refill with budget spirits before passing them off as the real deal.

John

Cap smear: why French winemakers won’t be giving up corks any time soon
04 February 2022 18:12
Cap smear: why French winemakers won’t be giving up corks any time soon

Will the French be ready to bottle their wines using Stelvin any time soon? And how often does cork-taint occur with champagne?

[www.brisbanetimes.com.au]

John

Oxygen-Absorbing Bottle Stopper Encork Launches to Make Saving Wine Simple and Scientific
01 April 2022 17:20
Oxygen-Absorbing Bottle Stopper Encork Launches to Make Saving Wine Simple and Scientific

Minimalist bottle stoppers absorb 99.9% of oxygen to prevent wine from spoiling.

[www.prweb.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen