Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

TCA, kurk, fles en flesafsluiters.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Would You Drink This 1695-Year-Old Bottle of Wine?
27 October 2020 23:22
Montreal is building bridges using recycled wine bottles
03 November 2020 19:35
Montreal is building bridges using recycled wine bottles

The city of Montreal in Canada is going to have two bridges made out of recycled glass bottles by 2021. The City of Montreal, together with the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ), announces a new project that will use around 70,000 glass bottles to create two Darwin Bridges on Nuns’ Island, Montreal.

[www.inceptivemind.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
SCOTTISH INDIE BECOMES FIRST RETAILER IN THE WORLD TO LIST PAPER WINE BOTTLE
17 November 2020 19:16
SCOTTISH INDIE BECOMES FIRST RETAILER IN THE WORLD TO LIST PAPER WINE BOTTLE

Scottish independent wine merchant WoodWinters has become the first retailer in the world to sell wine in a paper bottle.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Looking at a World Without Wine Bottles
23 November 2020 19:08
Looking at a World Without Wine Bottles

Following on from his thoughts on wine bottles, Oliver Styles explores the world of wine kegs.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The European Age of Exploration Was the Unlikely Impetus for the Birth of the Champagne Bottle
30 November 2020 19:16
The European Age of Exploration Was the Unlikely Impetus for the Birth of the Champagne Bottle

At the start of the 16th century, spurred by the invention of the printing press and a push for overseas exploration, wood had become a critical part of everyday European life. It was used to construct homes and buildings, as fuel for heating and glassmaking, and it was the primary raw material for building ships. But by mid-century, Europe faced a serious wood shortage that would change the course of history. Yet despite its terrible cost, the shortage had an ironic silver lining: the birth of the Champagne bottle.

[vinepair.com]

John

STUDY SHOWS CLINGFILM CAN REMOVE CORK TAINT
30 November 2020 19:13
STUDY SHOWS CLINGFILM CAN REMOVE CORK TAINT

A study carried out in France has shown that plastic clingfilm can successfully remove 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA), also known as cork taint, although its application is probably of more use in the winery than at home.

John

Proof that cling film removes cork taint
07 December 2020 18:59
Proof that cling film removes cork taint

It’s long been rumoured that cling film can remove TCA contamination from wine. The scientists have now passed judgement, says Robert Joseph, and sales of clingfilm are sure to follow.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Diam finances the largest planting programme of cork oaks ever rolled out in Provence
07 December 2020 19:07
Diam finances the largest planting programme of cork oaks ever rolled out in Provence

Home to France’s second most extensive woodland area, with 1.6 million hectares, Provence has prioritised the renewal of its forestry heritage. In a bid to combat fires and promote biodiversity, last year it launched the ‘1 million trees planted by 2021’ scheme.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

THE BIG INTERVIEW: ANTÓNIO RIOS DE AMORIM
24 December 2020 19:24
THE BIG INTERVIEW: ANTÓNIO RIOS DE AMORIM

Despite having had a stormy 2020 due to wine sales being down, Portuguese cork producer Amorim was determined to fulfil a promise – to eradicate TCA. António Rios de Amorim tells Patrick Schmitt MW about achieving that aim.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen