Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

TCA, kurk, fles en flesafsluiters.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Prices of bottles, cases, boxes and wine labels go through the roof
08 April 2022 16:57
Prices of bottles, cases, boxes and wine labels go through the roof

The situation is unprecedented. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has led to a surge in energy prices that is being passed on at breakneck speed and at unrivalled levels to costs of industry supplies across-the-board. The relentless increase in the price of dry goods already hit the headlines a few months ago, due to the post-Covid rebound in global demand at the beginning of 2021, but with the arrival of spring 2022, the hike seems to have worsened. Price lists all increased at once on April 1. With such sudden variations in prices and availability, “we live from day to day”, says Philippe Cazaux, director of the Bordeaux Families co-operative group, which farms 5,000 hectares of vines, has 300 member growers and represents 10% of AOC Bordeaux. He sums up the current situation: “We are extending deadlines and increasing costs: the people organising the bottling have turned into raw material suppliers”. In fact, with bottling comes a sigh of a relief, because it means that all the different strands have been successfully brought together, which can be challenging for some bottles and labels.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Flint glass bottles cause white wine aroma identity degradation
12 July 2022 12:02
Flint glass bottles cause white wine aroma identity degradation

Abstract
Due to marketing recommendations, white wines are often bottled in flint glass to improve aesthetics and showcase wine color. Although this practice is known to cause a wine fault, the influence of light on the fruity and flowery aromatic profile of wine is unknown. The aim of this study was to investigate the changes to the white wine volatilome under typical supermarket shelf conditions, using 1,052 bottles of 24 white wines.

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

John

Why cork is making a comeback
25 October 2022 10:06
Why cork is making a comeback

Prized for the lightweight, elastic bark, cork oaks can also store large amounts of carbon during their long lifetimes. Now there are moves to find new uses for this material.

[www.bbc.com]

John

Outside The Box
02 November 2022 13:39
Outside The Box

Better for you drinks and other innovations have found a home in boxed wine, as the category continues to raise its profile.

[www.marketwatchmag.com]

John

Can corks make wine more astringent?
10 January 2023 18:09
Can corks make wine more astringent?

Wine closures is a boring topic. However, I must admit that the heading “Do Agglomerate Corks Make Wines Astringent”, published in Meininger’s Wine Business International, aroused my interest.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

The Long Game Of The Champagne Cork
23 January 2023 12:49
The Long Game Of The Champagne Cork

When I was eight years old, I foraged dinner parties collecting wine stoppers.Tiny totems of adulthood, along with Carr’s water crackers, crudités and ambient R&B, my collection was vast in quantity and quality. I loved discoloration, malformation and pungent scents, but most of all, I loved those mushroom-head champagne corks.

[www.forbes.com]

John

How big of an issue is cork taint really?
23 February 2023 13:07
How big of an issue is cork taint really?

I always find it curious that winemakers spend so much time, effort, and money to make the best wine that they possibly can. Then, in the very last step, many ruin a substantial percentage of the bottles by using a closure with a high failure rate.

[www.northwestwinereport.com]

John

Average bottle price of Bordeaux reached €10 in 2022
23 February 2023 13:27
Average bottle price of Bordeaux reached €10 in 2022

Bordeaux exports reached €2.36 billion in 2022, a 1.2% increase compared to the previous year, with a 6.7% drop in volume and a rise in average bottle price to €10.

[janeanson.com]

John

Glass bottle shortage major concern for French wine producers
23 February 2023 13:40
Glass bottle shortage major concern for French wine producers

Among the challenges facing French wine producers right now is finding enough glass to bottle their 2022 vintage – and it’s becoming so bad that some want the government to step in.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Re: Glass bottle shortage major concern for French wine producers
23 February 2023 13:43
Are lighter bottles in sight?

It’s now an established fact that making and transporting glass bottles are the biggest components in wine’s carbon footprint. An international group of retailers have been researching how to reduce this most effectively and are making real progress.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen