Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Diversen Frankrijk

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: French vineyards on maximum frost alert
26 April 2021 12:48
Champagne “lucky” with frost compared to other French wine regions

With an estimated 20% loss to this year’s crop in Champagne due to severe frosts earlier this month, one winemaker told db the region had been “lucky” compared to other parts of France.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
26 April 2021 17:01
The 2021 Frost Could Impact Harvest, Distribution and What You Pay for French Wine

When frosts arrived in French vineyards the week of April 5, initial reports suggested the entire 2021 vintage would be destroyed. Fortunately, it’s not as bad as that.

[www.winemag.com]

John

26 April 2021 17:04
French vineyards devastated by April frost that followed unusually warm March

MONTADY, France — When Émilie Faucheron and her husband took over her father's vineyard in southern France in 2014, she knew that climate change in this sun-soaked region could one day upend their business.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

27 April 2021 17:34
French winemakers try desperately to save crops by warming their vines

Montady, France: When Émilie Faucheron and her husband took over her father’s vineyard in southern France in 2014, she knew that climate change in this sun-soaked region could one day upend their business.

[www.brisbanetimes.com.au]

John

30 April 2021 17:26
30 percent crop loss in France

First estimates put frost damage at 12.5 million hectolitres.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

05 May 2021 17:27
Between the frost and a hard place

Climate change is planting Syrah in the Loire and -8°C frost in April in the Roussillon. It’s harvest one week earlier than last year – every year – and picking grapes at dawn. It’s summers so hot the vines shut down, and winters so mild that parasites stay alive and the vines can’t rest.

[www.themorningclaret.com]

John

06 May 2021 17:21
How frost decimates vineyards

Frost has been much in the news lately, as early spring frosts have decimated vineyards throughout Europe, especially France and the northern half of Italy.

Leading Champagne grower Larmandier-Bernier estimated the April 6th to 7th frost damaged 30% of their vines.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

11 May 2021 17:29
Polar Blasts Test French Vintners’ Resolve

Wine regions from Champagne to Bordeaux have been hit by multiple frosts in the past month; now the industry is calling for new tactics and government support

[www.winespectator.com]

John

12 May 2021 16:53
The Fatal Spring 2021 Frost In France

“C’est reparti (Here we go again),” posted Véronique Drouhin-Boss on Instagram April 5 Her image, of a hazy night sky punctuated by hundreds of smudge pots flickering amidst frozen vineyards, foretold the unfolding guerre de gel (war on frost) in early April between Mother Nature and French vignerons. Estimated vine losses range from 50% to 100%, with final assessments still weeks away. Here, regional winegrowers share their impressions from the trenches.

[www.circleofwinewriters.org]

John

€40,000 raised for a 100% Parisian wine
27 May 2021 17:12
€40,000 raised for a 100% Parisian wine

After a crowdfunding operation was launched a month ago, by 18 May, 300 contributors had provided €40,000 in funding for the project led by father-son duo, Fady and Antoine Sfeir. They created their company Pif à Papa in 2020, in a bid to purchase about ten hectares of hillside land in Seine et Marne, which was once planted to vines and then abandoned.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

French Biodiversity Office leaks damaging report
28 May 2021 16:36
French Biodiversity Office leaks damaging report

Report sparks organic producers to resist new governmental eco-scheme subsidies.

John

The Breton wine industry becomes more structured and professional
03 June 2021 17:05
The Breton wine industry becomes more structured and professional

The triskelion is a Celtic symbol with a strong identity in Brittany and it has been used as the basis for the new logo to mark the restructuring of the Association for the Recognition of Breton Wines (ARVcool smiley. “Our new logo aims to reflect the development of our association through the new identification”, claims Rémy Ferrand, the association's general secretary since October 2020. It also mirrors the re-drafted statutes of the association, which was founded in 2005 to help owners of heirloom vines.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Wrap your vines in a fleece to protect them against the frost!
04 June 2021 17:29
Wrap your vines in a fleece to protect them against the frost!

For the second consecutive year, two estates in Anjou-Saumur took part in a trial monitored by the national institute for origin and quality INAO, to confirm the benefits of protecting vines against frost using a winter cover (P 30 type). In 2020, neither of the two winegrowers suffered any damage. But in 2021, they had plenty of opportunities to test the solution as temperatures dropped below freezing on a dozen occasions over a four-week period.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

MONKS OF FRANCE’S FIRST PAPAL VINEYARD SELL WINE TO HELP LOCAL COMMUNITY
07 June 2021 17:07
MONKS OF FRANCE’S FIRST PAPAL VINEYARD SELL WINE TO HELP LOCAL COMMUNITY

Rome Newsroom, Jun 5, 2021 / 03:00 am

The Benedictine monks and nuns who tend to the first papal vineyard in France have launched an appeal to sell their wine to help the families of local wine growers.

[www.thecatholictelegraph.com]

John

Four disease-resistant grape varieties find fast track to French AOC recognition
01 July 2021 10:28
Four disease-resistant grape varieties find fast track to French AOC recognition

Developed by the French National Research Institute for Agriculture and the Environment (INRAE), the first four French vine varieties resistant to fungal diseases have been affiliated to the Vitis vinifera L. botanical taxon by the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO). Now officially related to traditional European varieties, the new cultivars – Artaban, Floreal, Vidoc and Voltis – could find their way into appellation vineyards, a move that was previously unthinkable. Community regulations only recognise grape varieties of the European species Vitis vinifera L. for the production of appellation wines, whereas grape varieties with resistance to downy and powdery mildew stem from crosses between Vitis vinifera L. and other Vitis species (American and/or Asian, which carry the resistance genes).

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Vins de France looks to cocktails to promote awareness
05 July 2021 16:57
Vins de France looks to cocktails to promote awareness

Just as pavement bars and cafés once again welcome patrons across France, the national Vin De France wine marketing board (Anivin De France) has no intention of leaving the field free for beers, spritzes and the like. The VDF Cocktails concept took shape during the different lockdowns, and is now ready to go this summer with recipes revisiting the Moscow Mule (ginger beer, lemon juice and vodka) and Gin Fizz (sparkling water, gin, syrup and lemon juice). Enter the Chardo Mule – a registered trademark, where the vodka is replaced by Chardonnay – and Sauv'Fizz, made from Sauvignon blanc instead of gin, with cucumber syrup.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

How much does a French vineyard cost?
04 August 2021 18:54
How much does a French vineyard cost?

If you’re dreaming of making wine in France then land agency Safer has updated its list of vineyard prices, from the legendary Côte d'Or to more under-the-radar regions.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Complex Picpoul Has Arrived
06 August 2021 10:24
Complex Picpoul Has Arrived

In France and the U.S., winemakers are moving from fresh and zippy to richly textured, age-worthy styles with this rising star white grape

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Why French winemakers never reply to emails
18 August 2021 17:23
Why French winemakers never reply to emails

When a friend texted to complain it was hard to make appointments to visit French winemakers, I didn’t think before replying “Ha. Try buying grapes from them.” I commiserate, it is hard. But let’s try to understand it from their point of view.

[www.themorningclaret.com]

John

Clos Montmartre – A hidden vineyard in Paris
23 August 2021 16:50
Clos Montmartre – A hidden vineyard in Paris

Closed to the public up until June 2021, the Clos Montmartre is one of five remaining vineyards in central Paris. The presence of vines in Montmartre dates back to the 10th century. By the Middle Ages Paris had, in fact, become one of the biggest wine-growing regions in Europe. The history of the Clos itself is, however, a little bit more recent. The plot of land that it sits on today was acquired by the Ville de Paris in 1933, following strong pressure from the locals, in order to preserve the area from further real estate development. In the meantime, urbanisation and diseases affecting grapes had destroyed most of the capital’s vineyards.

[www.spottedbylocals.com]

John

French vineyards become trophy buys
27 August 2021 17:06
French vineyards become trophy buys

If you have watched the television program Escape to the Chateau you may, like me, have been tempted to put your house on the market and trade up to a magnificent chateau in a desirable corner of France. The TV show reveals that behind the grand façade often lies a crumbling structure that partly explains why the property appears to be a bargain.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

A guide to the grapes of France
30 August 2021 17:31
A guide to the grapes of France

French vineyards are divided into several large regions which differentiate from each other in the climatic conditions and specific terroirs, as well as the grape varieties for which these regions are known. We take you on a tour de France of symbolic varietals.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt battle over $164 million French estate
24 September 2021 17:16
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt battle over $164 million French estate

Angelina Jolie allegedly used devious means to try to cut ex-husband Brad Pitt out of a lucrative real estate deal involving a posh estate they co-owned in France, according to court papers filed Tuesday.

[pagesix.com]

John

Re: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt battle over $164 million French estate
27 September 2021 11:44
Angelina Jolie Cleared to Sell Share of Her and Brad Pitt's Wine Label, Valued at $164 Million

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's latest legal dispute — over the former couple's $164 million French estate, Chateau Miraval — has been resolved.

[www.yahoo.com]

John

France loses one in six wine estates over a decade
20 December 2021 13:09
France loses one in six wine estates over a decade

Every day, three French grape growers or winemakers decides to give up working as an independent enterprise. What are the implications for the industry?

John

Communists Rush to Defend French Wine
17 January 2022 18:04
Communists Rush to Defend French Wine

There's a Cold War nip in the air as France prepares for presidential elections this year.

It's back to the future for our news round-up this week, as our interest is piqued by some blasts from the past – including a communist party leader making the news, which is as quaint a throwback as we've seen for some time.

Elsewhere, it's very much a familar set of stories, with plant disease, pests, stolen goods and Covid all making their presence felt.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

A Piece Of History
20 January 2022 18:24
A Piece Of History

Old wines are like cocaine: I’ve only ever enjoyed someone else’s. I’ve never bought my own. Noblesse oblige and all that. It’s not that I’m not grateful – or appreciative. I very much am. Twenty years in the wine trade, doing everything from keeping tabs on auction sales, to helping vacuous Bon Chic Bon Genre types in the Marais select another cut-price Bergerac, lends one an appreciation for old wines in all their forms.

[timatkin.com]

John

French nurseries see all-time low in grafting recovery rates
20 January 2022 18:31
French nurseries see all-time low in grafting recovery rates

The 2022 vintage is already taking a turn for the worse across France’s vine nurseries. “Average grafting recovery rates are at an all-time low, and every region is affected”, warns the French Federation of Vine Nurseries (FFPV). Usually standing at between 60 and 65%, they have plummeted to 30% in Alsace and Champagne, “which have also had to cope with onsets of mildew caused by heavy rainfall”; 40% in Bordeaux, Cognac and Occitania; and 48% in vineyards in the Centre-East of the country.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Understanding the No-Low Wine Category
20 January 2022 18:42
Understanding the No-Low Wine Category

While no-low alcohol sales are growing across the beer and spirits sector, the future of no-low wine offerings is a bit more complex, writes Shira Horn of AMC Global in this guest article.

[www.beveragedaily.com]

John

French vineyards due to trial anti-frost lamps
03 February 2022 18:15
French vineyards due to trial anti-frost lamps

A year ago, Déborah Ducamp joined Château Le Sartre in Léognan, like the 24 other start-ups in the first intake of Bernard Magrez’s incubator. Her Wine Protect anti-frost lamp project is making good progress. “We cut our teeth on a first prototype and then designed a module with an on-board solar panel, a battery, a weather station and six heaters to protect six vines”, explains Ducamp.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen