Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Techniek in en rond de wijn, oxidation

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Chitosan and fermentation
01 October 2021 12:15
Chitosan and fermentation

Knowing the state of health of the grapes is of fundamental importance, especially in certain vintages, as it will give us an idea of their microbiological load. These contaminating microorganisms present will then develop with greater or lesser strength depending on certain factors.

[www.infowine.com]#

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Sugar is essential to a balanced wine, even ‘dry’ ones. Here’s what you need to know.
04 October 2021 17:33
Sugar is essential to a balanced wine, even ‘dry’ ones. Here’s what you need to know.

Here’s a pro tip for you: If you ask a retailer or sommelier for a “dry” wine, you are likely to be offered one that has perceptible sweetness. An industry maxim says Americans think dry but drink sweet. This makes sense, given our national sweet tooth. We love ketchup on our fries, sticky sweet barbecue sauces, sugary sodas, sweet and sour chicken, cookies, cakes and more. But we have this notion that wine — fine wine, at least — is supposed to be dry, so we frown on sweet wines as unsophisticated. This prejudice should change as boomers yield to more open-minded and adventurous generations, but my recent conversations with winemakers and retailers suggest the anti-sugar bias remains strong.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Frozen wine: the next big thing?
04 October 2021 17:38
Frozen wine: the next big thing?

Forget RTDs, the next big thing will be RTFs or Ready-to-Freeze alcohol ice pops, lollies and frozen cocktails according to Drinks Business magazine, which revealed:

“RTF adult ice pops are a fast-growing segment in the alcohol beverage industry and have grown in popularity. According to Grand View Research, the global ready-to-drink cocktails market size was valued at GBP £521m in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12% from 2021 to 2028.”

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Grey Poupon clones mustard into wine
05 October 2021 16:46
Grey Poupon clones mustard into wine

But how well will Dijon style wine pair with hamburgers and hot dogs?

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Replacing bentonites during clarification for protein stabilisation of wines
21 November 2021 12:42
Replacing bentonites during clarification for protein stabilisation of wines

Comparison of alternatives available on the market and laboratory results obtained

[www.infowine.com]#

John

Sensory Science: Wine Aromas Explained
12 December 2021 14:02
Sensory Science: Wine Aromas Explained

People often lament the weakness of the human sense of smell, comparing the olfactory world we live in with that of dogs or other animals who seem to experience a much richer array of smells.

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

The Science of Salinity in Wine
08 February 2022 18:19
The Science of Salinity in Wine

Examining the complicated science behind salty-tasting wines, from the vineyard to the winery

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Blueberry Wine Gets Serious
08 February 2022 18:26
Blueberry Wine Gets Serious

Meet the Maine winemakers taking fruit wine to the next level

[www.pix.wine]

John

Silver and chemicals found in wine and chocolate used to create antimicrobial textile coating
09 February 2022 18:45
Silver and chemicals found in wine and chocolate used to create antimicrobial textile coating

For the first time, researchers have found a cost-effective and convenient way to apply a silver-based antimicrobial clear coating to new or existing textiles. Their method uses polyphenols, commonly found in food items notorious for staining clothes such as wine and chocolate. A range of textile types can be treated by the researchers' method, and items can be washed multiple times without losing the antimicrobial and therefore anti-odor property.

[phys.org]

John

Discarded grapes from white wine production being turned into chocolate ‘superfood’
16 February 2022 18:21
Discarded grapes from white wine production being turned into chocolate ‘superfood’

The discarded materials from grapes used to make white wine soon could become a new “superfood” — and be used in a chocolate that debuted here last week.

[nypost.com]

John

The Debate Over Wine Filtration
03 March 2022 13:52
The Debate Over Wine Filtration

For some, it’s a way of keeping wine clean and clear. For others, it’s manipulation

[www.pix.wine]

John

Mechanization in the Vineyard Looks Ripe for Growth
18 March 2022 18:19
Mechanization in the Vineyard Looks Ripe for Growth

Grape growers in Michigan face many environmental challenges including short growing seasons, cool summers, high humidity, and variable precipitation that can limit fruit production and quality. As a result, the ability to manage climatic constraints with better and faster decision making is critical for achieving target yields, fruit quality, and ultimately, economic sustainability in the vineyard.

[www.growingproduce.com]

John

The science of old vines
23 March 2022 18:24
The science of old vines

It’s wonderful to see an old vineyard. The vines, with their gnarly trunks, have been growing and producing grapes for a human generation or more. They are highly valued, and in many wine-producing countries there are now registers of old vineyards.

[wineanorak.com]

John

Principles of ultrasound (US) technology and effects in extraction of compounds from grape skins
24 March 2022 18:22
Principles of ultrasound (US) technology and effects in extraction of compounds from grape skins

Video Extract from "Energy Saving Technologies in Winemaking"
In this video, Antonio Morata, Professor of Food Science and Technology at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain, specialized in wine technology, explains the principles of ultrasound technology and effects of ultrasounds in extraction of positive compounds from grape skins.

The video is taken from the webinar “Energy Saving Technologies in Winemaking".

You can access the full video which you can find for sale at the following link.

[www.infowine.com]

John

No to waste, yes to whey: Alcohol made from cheese byproduct
11 April 2022 17:05
No to waste, yes to whey: Alcohol made from cheese byproduct

Wheyward Spirit is taking a zero-waste approach to spirit making with their efforts to make use of the liquid left behind when cheese curds are formed.

John

Scientists invent ‘robot nose’ to sniff out whiskies
11 April 2022 17:28
Scientists invent ‘robot nose’ to sniff out whiskies

An Australian e-nose prototype can spot the difference between cheaper and more expensive whiskies in less than four minutes.

John

Good Chemistry: How I Learned to Embrace the Science of Wine
17 May 2022 17:42
Good Chemistry: How I Learned to Embrace the Science of Wine

A few weeks ago, I derailed what could have been a simple transaction with a wine shop cashier by casually shifting the conversation to dirt. The salesperson, a fellow wine geek, and I chatted animatedly about the chemistry of viticultural soils before I finally ducked out so she could help other customers.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Best Wine Apps to Help You Pick a Perfect Bottle
26 May 2022 13:13
Best Wine Apps to Help You Pick a Perfect Bottle

These (mostly) free wine apps can help you find the best bottles at the best prices on National Wine Day (or any other day).

[www.cnet.com]

John

How the Deaf Community Is Revolutionizing Wine Communication
27 May 2022 16:40
How the Deaf Community Is Revolutionizing Wine Communication

A professional poet and storyteller, Peter Cook’s curiosity about the history, culture and science of wine was fueled by his travels to wine regions worldwide. That passion for knowledge led him to pursue education through the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET).

[www.winemag.com]

John

Smart technology for vineyards
27 May 2022 17:05
Smart technology for vineyards

For the first time, new smart technology is making it easier for viticulturists to make quick decisions about how best to cultivate their valuable crops.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

How the Airmixing M.I. method of pumping-over with compressed air at modulated injection has changed red winemaking

How to transform any tank into a quality fermenting tank? What is fluid racking? What about maceration with a broken cap? How to drastically reduce manpower, energy, washing water, time and operations? These are just some of the new concepts introduced in red wine production by the AirMixing M.I. (Modulated Injection) system designed and developed by PARSEC.

[www.infowine.com]

John

Automated drones could scare birds off agricultural fields
07 June 2022 17:07
Automated drones could scare birds off agricultural fields

In the future, cameras could spot blackbirds feeding on grapes in a vineyard and launch drones to drive off the avian irritants, then return to watch for the next invading flock. All without a human nearby.

[phys.org]

John

Winely Announces Historic Breakthrough in Fermentation Analysis for Large Wine Tanks Through New Updates to IoT Tech & AI Algorithms for Improved Accuracy and Predictability

Winely is FIRST to Solve Key Industry Challenge of Autonomous Tank Monitoring in Extreme Pressure Conditions, Reliably and in Real Time, via Upgraded Algorithms and “Set & Forget” Experience

[www.businesswire.com]

John

IoT Equips Winemakers With Autonomous Real-Time Tank Monitoring
28 June 2022 17:22
IoT Equips Winemakers With Autonomous Real-Time Tank Monitoring

Winely says it’s the first to solve the industry challenge

[www.iotworldtoday.com]

John

Wine? It’s academic
06 July 2022 17:07
Wine? It’s academic

King’s College, Cambridge – famous worldwide for its Christmas carol service – found itself richer by a million pounds on the night of 8 June this year.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

BRIght Ideas: Molecular testing reveals grape heritage
20 August 2022 10:29
BRIght Ideas: Molecular testing reveals grape heritage

The Central Otago region is steeped in viticultural history.

Some of the first grapes were planted more than 150 years ago by French immigrant Jean Desire Feraud on his property near Clyde. A goldminer by trade, Feraud benefited from his winemaking heritage and his award-winning Monte Christo Winery garnered international recognition.

[www.ruralnewsgroup.co.nz]

John

Artificial intelligence tool trialled for high-risk bug detection
18 October 2022 13:29
Artificial intelligence tool trialled for high-risk bug detection

Australian researchers are collaborating to finalise a portable device that uses artificial intelligence to help biosecurity officers more quickly identify high-risk brown marmorated stink bugs (BMScool smiley on the frontline.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

How A Satellite-Robot-AI Trio Is Helping To Improve Vineyards One Grape Leaf At A Time
02 November 2022 13:31
How A Satellite-Robot-AI Trio Is Helping To Improve Vineyards One Grape Leaf At A Time

How a satellite-robot-AI trio is helping to improve vineyards one grape leaf at a time

[www.planet.com]

John

How neuroscience can make your wine taste better
09 November 2022 13:30
How neuroscience can make your wine taste better

Neuroscience and wine may not seem like immediate bedfellows, but some producers are putting the time in to find out how drinkers are affected by things like our surroundings and assumptions. This in turn offers some insights into how to make the wine you serve taste better.

[www.cityam.com]

John

Bugatti debuts customisable wine bottle case with satellite tech
09 November 2022 13:40
Bugatti debuts customisable wine bottle case with satellite tech

A thermodynamic cooling cell regulates the interior temperature.

[uk.motor1.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen