Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Oostenrijk, Hongarije

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Oostenrijk, Hongarije
08 April 2019 18:14
Wine Transformed Into Art: Meinklang Sarah Lucas

April 9th, 1917, almost 102 years ago, Marcel Duchamp forced the art world to rethink the nature of art. Duchamp presented an upside-down urinal signed and dated with the signature “R. Mutt, 1917,” and titled Fountain. Today Sarah Lucas, an English art star, has transformed a bottle of Austrian winemaker Meinklang's Pinot Noir, asking questions about the nature of wine and its relationship to art. The piece Mienklang Sarah Lucas, part of her Au Naturel show, is a bottle of Meinklang Pinot Noir with the letters S-A-R-A-H L-U-C-A-S cut out of cardboard and attached to the bottle with wire. And how did one of England's most recognized contemporary artists find interest with a cult Austrian natural wine?

[grapecollective.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.

2 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 21/05/2021 16:34 door JohnCopier.
ZALTO Glasperfektion - Traditional Craftsmanship
18 March 2019 18:03
Video bestaat al een tijdje. Blijft mooi. Zalto is wel aan de prijs.

[www.youtube.com]

John

Österreichs 100 Beste Weine in 2018
02 January 2019 13:25
Dank der klaren Fokusierung der Winzer des Alpenlands auf aromatische trockene Weißweine und eleganten Rotweinen übertrifft der Erfolg der österreichischen Weine in vielen Exportmärkten die Ihres großen Nachbaren Deutschland. Unsere Liste der besten Weine Österreichs in 2018 bestätigt auf beeindruckende Weise diese zwei Stärken.

De wijn op 1 is mijn favoriet.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Re: Österreichs 100 Beste Weine in 2018
03 January 2019 13:28
Heb al jaren geen Oostenrijkse wijnen meer gedronken maar herken toch aardig wat namen op deze lijst!
Nazi-Vergangenheit: Neuer Name für den Zweigelt?
11 December 2018 18:13
Wiener Aktionisten fordern eine Namensänderung des beliebten Rotweins: Denn dessen Schöpfer, Friedrich Zweigelt, war ein "glühender Nazi".

[www.heute.at]

John

When Riedel Sets Itself Up To Fail: The Pink Wine Glass Experiment.
29 June 2018 11:22
Leuk voor Riedel.

Voegt weinig toe.

[www.forbes.com]

John

PN: Zweigelt 2015 Toni Hartl Burgenland, Austria.
22 June 2017 12:49
Helder, diep kersenrood met paarse rand. Een Bio-wijn volgens het etiket maar waarschijnlijk ook een wijn weinig filtratie gezien het depot in de fles. Een echte bek met wijn. Daar hou ik van. Volle geur van roodpaars zomerfruit als kersen, bramen, bosbessen en framboos. De neus raakt verstopt van al dat mooie zomerfruit. Naast het fruit is er tegelijkertijd een lichte en prettige aardse ondertoon die de wijn wat extra ruggengraat geeft. De wijn is vol en heeft een heerlijke, zachte en lange afdronk. in de afdronk ook wat mineraliteit en kalksteen.

Die mineraliteit moet ik even uitleggen. Toen wij klein waren daagden wij elkaar uit om bij vriesweer aan de brugleuning te likken. Stom natuurlijk maar je bent jong en... De bedoeling was natuurlijk dat je vast bleef zitten met je tong. Maar met enige slimmigheid lukte het wel. Die smaak na afloop in je mond. IJzer en beetje roestig. Ja de bruggen in Rotterdam waren vroeger van gietijzer. Die smaak proef ik in sommige wijnen nog. Zoals bij deze zweigelt. Ik had de wijn flink doorgekoeld. De wijn krijgt van mij 90/100 punten en heeft 13,0% alc. Prima wijn bij het avondeten in de tuin. De wijn moet je jong drinken.

John

Er valt op internet altijd wat te leren.
24 June 2016 11:13
[www.nachrichten.at]

John

Riedel, champagneglas.
15 December 2014 18:12
Ik had er al iets over gelezen maar zonder de foto. Ziet er strak uit.

[www.nytimes.com]

John

Re: Riedel, champagneglas.
15 December 2014 19:22
Hmmm, mijn oude Crystal d'Arcs glazen lijken er wel erg op cool smiley
Zie: [wijn.startpagina.nl]
The Austrian answer to the vineyard worker problem
06 April 2020 17:13
The Austrian answer to the vineyard worker problem

Coronavirus has brought Austria soaring unemployment but taken its seasonal workers. Jason Sych reports on a program aimed at solving the problem.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Austria’s Wachau gets protected wine status
11 May 2020 17:58
Austria’s Wachau gets protected wine status

The Wachau has become Austria’s newest DAC winegrowing region following an announcement from the Austrian Wine Marketing Board on Friday.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Zeitgeist Ünion: ‘the moment is now’ for Grüner Veltliner in a can
22 May 2020 12:56
Zeitgeist Ünion: ‘the moment is now’ for Grüner Veltliner in a can

Craft beer drinkers have had it their own way for too long. That’s the view of drinks industry veteran Karen Hardwick who believes that the moment in time for quality wine in a can has finally arrived. Zeitgeist Ünion – or ZÜ for short – is her company and its debut wine is Grüner Veltliner, a wine that is loved by Anne Krebiehl MW, who caught up with Hardwick to find out more about ZÜ and how the project came about and why we will all be drinking wine from a can in the not too distant future.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

ÖTW Erste Lage single-vineyard wines: Lacking in variety?
21 October 2020 17:38
ÖTW Erste Lage single-vineyard wines: Lacking in variety?

Imagine you’re a winemaker/grower lucky enough to own a prized parcel in a top vineyard location. How do you best ensure that the unique character of said vineyard expresses its maximum potential in the wine?

[www.themorningclaret.com]

John

AUSTRIA’S ‘RUSTER AUSBRUCH’ GIVEN DAC STATUS
30 October 2020 18:34
AUSTRIA’S ‘RUSTER AUSBRUCH’ GIVEN DAC STATUS

The wines produced the Austrian city of Rust have been given the country’s first designation of origin certification dedicated to noble sweet wines.

John

Blaufränkisch Uncorked: Bull’s Blood – A legacy
15 March 2021 18:21
Blaufränkisch Uncorked: Bull’s Blood – A legacy

This month’s foray into the history of various wine styles takes journalist Samuel Squire to Hungary, where he learns about the legend of Egri Bikavér wine, which is commonly made with a grape called Blaufränkisch, although it has been known by many different names. He looks at the history of both the style of Egri Bikavér, the grape Blaufränkisch, and where it’s situated in Australia today.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

GUNDLACH BUNDSCHU GEWÜRZTRAMINER IN TWO BOTTLES: DECANTING DRAMA
10 May 2021 17:27
GUNDLACH BUNDSCHU GEWÜRZTRAMINER IN TWO BOTTLES: DECANTING DRAMA

You’re never too old to play with your food. Media and José treated us to a feast a few months ago that called for Mexican oregano. The leftover stems looked hearty, so Dottie, who has been growing herbs for years, rooted it and now we cook with it, too. Its citrusy pungency is nothing like the Italian oregano we grew up with so it’s fun to experiment by adding it to different dishes to taste what happens.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Caroline Gilby MW on Hárslevelű – Tokaj’s ‘forgotten’ second grape
14 May 2021 13:13
Caroline Gilby MW on Hárslevelű – Tokaj’s ‘forgotten’ second grape

Often neglected because of Furmint, its more famous parent, Hárslevelű is due its ‘time in the sun’, argues Hungarian wine world expert Caroline Gilby MW. Hárslevelű is blended into acidic Furmint to build the mid-palate, making the wine longer and deeper, but curiously the other way round and just a small percentage of Furmint will overwhelm Hárslevelű’s unique varietal character. Tokaj’s high percentage of women winemakers are also playing a strong part in building back Hárslevelű’s reputation and are responsible for many of the grape’s most exciting interpretations.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Summer of rain and high temperatures produces fruity harvest for Austrian wines
09 September 2021 17:04
Summer of rain and high temperatures produces fruity harvest for Austrian wines

Fruity and harmonious wines are predicted to come out of Austria’s 2021 harvest, with a slightly later picking due to extreme weather patterns.

John

Forget schnitzel and the opera: This European capital is the world's biggest urban vineyard
09 September 2021 17:18
Forget schnitzel and the opera: This European capital is the world's biggest urban vineyard

It might come as a surprise that Austria’s capital of Vienna is the biggest wine-producing city in the world

[www.euronews.com]

John

The World’s Most Ambitious Wine Tasting
27 September 2021 17:04
The World’s Most Ambitious Wine Tasting

Austrian winemakers aren't just scoring wines, but are mapping their terroir

[www.pix.wine]

John

‘Vineyard Peach and Gravenstein’: Have the wine critics gone too far?
07 January 2022 13:27
‘Vineyard Peach and Gravenstein’: Have the wine critics gone too far?

I'm a musicologist, but I've never written a description such as: “This symphony has beginning suggestions of Mistral, the grind of Arctic glaciers and yak burps, moving gradually to cast-iron clothes wringer, antique gas pump, page turn, and Uzbeki traffic, and arriving at a climax of Brighamia insignis branch crack."

[theberkshireedge.com]

John

Digging the Wines of Schloss Gobelsburg
11 January 2022 18:12
Digging the Wines of Schloss Gobelsburg

A vertical tasting of Austria's Schloss Gobelsburg estate takes Margaret Rand deep into the history of the estate.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

THE 2021 AUSTRIA VINTAGE REPORT
27 January 2022 18:33
THE 2021 AUSTRIA VINTAGE REPORT

AUSTRIA 2021: EXTRAORDINARY BALANCE
The 2021 vintage in Austria is outstanding, blending ripe fruit, good extract, and crisp acidity. As Michael Moosbrugger from Schloss Gobelsburg said,

This is an astonishing vintage. I have been doing this for more than 25 years and this is a vintage I have not seen before, with such a balance between sugar and acid.

A cold winter and spring followed by summer with adequate rainfall were followed by a long, dry, and picture-perfect harvest period. Growers didn’t need to rush the harvest but could wait for the perfect time to pick.

[www.skurnik.com]

John

Austria’s Wagram region granted DAC status
03 February 2022 18:17
Austria’s Wagram region granted DAC status

As part of a wider amendment to Austria’s wine regulations, the country’s Wagram region has been given protected designation of origin. The new law will come into force as of the 2021 vintage.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Austria Introduces New Qualifications for Still and Sparkling Wine
02 March 2022 18:32
Austria Introduces New Qualifications for Still and Sparkling Wine

Earlier this month, Austrian wine made its fifth amendment in the last five years. The Wagram region became the country’s 17th Districtus Austriae Controllatus (DAC), a legal designation of quality and typicity for a geographic area. In addition, Sekt wines made with a protected designation of origin will take on the name Sekt Austria (PDO).

[www.winemag.com]

John

FALSTAFF
05 July 2022 10:23
FALSTAFF

Fast 800 Betriebe wurden erfasst und getestet - Küche, Ambiente und Service waren entscheidend für unsere Auswahl. Gibt es hausgemachte Köstlichkeiten? Lohnt sich der Besuch schon fürs Panorama oder Stubenromantik? Welche Übernachtungsmöglichkeiten gibt es? So finden Sie bestimmt Ihr nächstes Berg-Highlight.

[mailchi.mp]

John

Inspired by Natural Wine’s Success, Many Austrian Winemakers Are Taking a Lighter Touch
12 July 2022 12:04
Inspired by Natural Wine’s Success, Many Austrian Winemakers Are Taking a Lighter Touch

Millions of years ago, the Danube found its way from its source in Germany to the Black Sea and became one of the most vital rivers in Europe. In modern-day Austria, the waterway’s steep banks created ideal conditions for winegrowing. This verdant river valley is the heart of Lower Austria, or Niederösterreich, the region that built the reputation of Austrian wine in the United States.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Austrian indigenous grape: Roter Veltliner
23 August 2022 12:29
Austrian indigenous grape: Roter Veltliner

Unrelated to the famous Grüner Veltliner, Roter Veltliner is in fact a more ancient variety that used to dominate Wagram.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Austria’s Eruption Winemakers ‘Generate Energy’ In Steiermark
05 September 2022 17:36
Austria’s Eruption Winemakers ‘Generate Energy’ In Steiermark

A group of nine family winemakers in Austria’s Vulkanland Steiermark have organized themselves for the future, based on ancient soil and modern skills. The Eruption winemakers, as they call themselves, demonstrate that, while they produce wines of variety, they are also consistent in terms of quality and authenticity. The name Eruption (as it is in Vulkanland) is tied to the 40+ volcanoes that once defined the region. The winemakers here attribute this particular soil to a mineral expression in the mouth.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen