Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Rosé

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Deze sterren hebben eigen wijn: 'Maken van wijn lijkt op maken van muziek'
18 July 2020 07:10
Six of the best ‘designer’ rosés

Château Minuty 281 Côtes de Provence Rosé

Keen to move the Provence rosé category into the prestige Champagne sphere, François Matton, co-owner and managing director of Château Minuty in Côtes de Provence, developed a top rosé made predominantly from 25-year-old Grenache using a clone unique to the estate. “I wanted a luxury bottle to go with it so I approached perfume bottle designer Hubert de Malherbes, who is best known for creating Dior’s J’adore perfume bottle. I think there are a lot of similarities between perfume and rosé,” Matton told db. “The blue used on the bottle is inspired by the deep blue hue the sky turns when the Mistral wind blows through Provence. It’s a really specific shade. We called the wine 281 after the Pantone number of the royal blue colour that drips down the side of the bottle. It looks like wax but it’s not. “I wanted the bottle to stand out from a distance. Rosé is usually drunk from an ice bucket, so it was important to make sure the neck of the bottle made a visual impact,” he added. The pale pink rosé is “intense and complex” with notes of peach and melon accentuated by a mineral finish.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
18 July 2020 08:49
Château Minuty, vaak langs gereden maar waren nooit open voor bezoek.
Maakte 15 jaar terug al mooie wijnen.
22 July 2020 18:03
In focus: The rosé revolution

In recent years, pink wine has experienced a revolution, going from a frivolous tipple to a wildly popular celeb-backed drink. Lucy Shaw investigates its dramatic transformation.

John

Don’t Call It Rosato
05 August 2020 17:24
Don’t Call It Rosato

A new movement, dubbed Rosautoctono, aims to assert Italy’s historic rosa wines as more than just an afterthought.

[punchdrink.com]

John

Re: Don’t Call It Rosato
06 August 2020 17:13
Tuscany's medieval 'wine windows' have reopened to serve wine, Aperol Spritz, gelato, and coffee in a tradition that dates back to the Plague

A Florence restaurant serves drinks through a centuries-old wine window as the city welcomes tourists.

[www.insider.com]

John

The inventor of Mateus Rosé
20 August 2020 17:35
The inventor of Mateus Rosé

Cleaning out some old filing cabinets recently I came upon this pearler of a story about the inventor of Portugal’s Mateus Rosé, one of the world’s most famous and most successful wines.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Re: The inventor of Mateus Rosé
21 August 2020 12:24
Wat een verhaal!

Heb het een paar jaar geleden nog eens gedronken.
Zou dat niet nog een keer doen cool smiley
Maar deze wijn was in zijn hoogtijdagen niet aan te slepen!
21 August 2020 13:21
Juist, dat laatste, niet aan te slepen! Impodra, bij ons in het dorp, liet er pallets vol van komen. Met deze wijn zijn wij groot geworden. Op vrijdagavond inloop avond. Je begon met Mateus, tussendoor Mateus en je eindigde met Mateus. En op zaterdag ging je je bestelling ophalen. Kleine jeugdzonde. En ineens was het over.

John

21 August 2020 17:21
Begin jaren ‘70 toch?
Ik herinner dat velen het dronken. Ik ben van 62 en eenmaal in de drinkbare leeftijd was het verdwenen grinning smiley
21 August 2020 17:28
Wij zijn hier in '73 komen wonen. Mijn kennis is dus uit die tijd.

John

Battling the Shame of the Rosé
11 August 2020 17:10
Battling the Shame of the Rosé

Are rosé wines inherently inferior, or is it a case of outright discrimination?

Rose is like sex: it's only enjoyed by amateurs. Mooie metafoor.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Re: Battling the Shame of the Rosé
13 August 2020 08:37
Klopt helemaal.
Zodra je zegt dat je graag rosé drinkt (ik bijvoorbeeld) neemt niemand je serieus in “de wijnwereld” cool smiley
Ok, ik lig er totaal wakker van.

Als je rosé drinkt heb je van wijn nul verstand én geen smaak en/of klasse.
13 August 2020 15:13
Robert,

Volgens mij hebben die mensen geen verstand van rosé.
13 August 2020 17:14
Hahaha, die ga ik onthouden én gebruiken!
19 August 2020 16:52
We’ll Take Rosé Seriously When They Make Serious Rosé

Oliver Styles at Wine Searcher asks “Are rosé wines inherently inferior, or is it a case of outright discrimination?” As Styles points out, putting sparkling rosé aside, there are no 100-point rosés and very few that score between 95 and 100 at the Wine Advocate.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

24 August 2020 12:38
Clos du Temple 2019 - the Languedoc's most expensive rosé

It seems that rosé is on a role, being drunk more than ever before, and also being taken more seriously than ever before. A fellow MW and friend, Elizabeth Gabay, has written a whole book on rosé: Rosé, Understanding the Pink Revolution, published by Infinite Ideas. www.infideas.com and wine makers worldwide are giving rosé much greater consideration...

[tastelanguedoc.blogspot.com]

John

24 August 2020 17:40
FINE WINE MERCHANTS REPORT ROSÉ BOOM IN LOCKDOWN

Several UK fine wine merchants have reported a boom in demand for rosé and own label wines during the lockdown.

John

25 August 2020 17:21
Rosé here to stay

I’ve been at the sommelier game for quite some time now. I’ve seen trends come and go, hot new producers become the old guard and alternative varieties become mainstream. But, in all this time working the floor I’ve never seen a boom that shows no sign of slowing down, as we are seeing with rosé.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

25 August 2020 17:42
Take me back! | The wines that will make you feel you’re still on holiday

Summer is not officially over; you still have time to make the most of the good weather and enjoy a long lunch al fresco. What’s on the menu? Anything goes with a great ambience! A bottle of bubbly for a refreshing start, then on to wines that perfectly pair with any summer dish fresh from the sea or hot off the grill. From Crémant du Jura to Crémant de Savoie; from delicious whites to light reds; from the Loire Valley to Beaujolais and Mâcon; and from a whole gamut of sweet and dessert wines; we’ve certainly got you covered for all of your sunny afternoons.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

A rosé by any other name would still be pink
15 October 2020 17:15
A rosé by any other name would still be pink

Clean wine, natural wine, fine wine – all of these are contested terms. Robert Joseph says he’s changed his mind about the language of wine.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Southern France's Wine Future Far From Rosé
16 November 2020 18:18
Southern France's Wine Future Far From Rosé

The south of France is synonymous with pretty pink plonk, but there is greater potential elsewhere.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Provence Rosé Producer Looks Beyond Britain
30 December 2020 18:01
Provence Rosé Producer Looks Beyond Britain

A British rosé producer in Provence hopes, post-Brexit, France doesn't send him home.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The rosé renaissance and the wines set to trend for 2021
18 January 2021 18:15
The rosé renaissance and the wines set to trend for 2021

Rosé remains a top tipple for many going into 2021, becoming the fastest-growing wine category in the last five years.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Re: The rosé renaissance and the wines set to trend for 2021
19 January 2021 15:56
Populair drankje dat rosé grinning smiley
Provence’s Magnificent Red And White Wines, Obscured By All Rosé
22 February 2021 18:19
Provence’s Magnificent Red And White Wines, Obscured By All Rosé

The production of rosé wines has exploded in Provence at the expense of other colors. Today, 86% of the wines in Provence are rosé. But all producers have not abandoned the tradition of making red and white wines. Luckily, because these wines are often excellent. You can make great reds in this beautifully sunny climate, and there are enough cool spots to produce high-quality whites as well. Here’s your introduction.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Excessive Drinking Rose During the Pandemic. Here Are Ways to Cut Back.
12 April 2021 17:20
Excessive Drinking Rose During the Pandemic. Here Are Ways to Cut Back.

Many Americans increased their alcohol intake during the pandemic, with women and parents of young children disproportionately affected.

[www.nytimes.com]

John

Which Rosés Will Succeed in a Maturing Market?
13 April 2021 16:58
Which Rosés Will Succeed in a Maturing Market?

The rosé category remains strong, but an influx of generic brands and the lingering impact of 2020 means it’s more crowded than ever. Will quality prevail?

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Re: Which Rosés Will Succeed in a Maturing Market?
14 April 2021 18:16
Laten we hopen dat kwaliteit overwint!
Elizabeth Gabay MW on Tavel rosé – wine of kings and king of wines
07 May 2021 17:02
Elizabeth Gabay MW on Tavel rosé – wine of kings and king of wines

While recent fashion dictates that rosé is a wine that is only salmon pink and to be enjoyed al fresco, served from an ice bucket, the Tavel rosé wines are an altogether different beast. These are not for those looking for delicate aperitif rosés, but are more serious wines, preserving their heritage and just as happily paired with winter food as a summer salad. With skin contact ranging from 12 to a more traditional 72 hours, Tavel rosés have more colour, weight, structure, firm minerality and hint of tannin, compared to their Provencal counterparts. World rosé expert, Elizabeth Gabay MW, tastes a range of 30 Tavel rosé to highlight their different styles.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Gris de Reuilly, rosé de Provence et bulles italiennes en petites lampées...
11 May 2021 17:24
Gris de Reuilly, rosé de Provence et bulles italiennes en petites lampées…

BOURGES. Un grand guide de vin portant le nom d'une grande maison d'édition, suivez mon regard, a écrit, il y a quelques années, qu'à Reuilly, le « pinot gris fournit un rosé de pressoir tendre et délicat, qui risque de disparaître, supplanté par le pinot noir dont on tire également d'excellents rosés, plus colorés... » . Une belle bêtise, pour rester poli. Non seulement le pinot gris n'a pas disparu mais on en a replanté et le rosé dont il est issu n'a jamais eu autant de succès...

[www.fou-rgeot-de-vin.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen