Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Rosé

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Provençal rosé
07 March 2022 18:09
Provençal rosé

Pernod Ricard, the world’s second largest seller of wines and spirits, have reached an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Château Sainte Marguerite, with the transaction due to be completed in the coming months.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Vins de Provence rosés: sales rise by 9% in 2021
30 March 2022 17:15
Vins de Provence rosés: sales rise by 9% in 2021

After a 6% drop in 2020, winery sales bounced back by 9% last year, according to data released by the Provence Wine Council (CIVP). The recovery is mainly due to good export figures, fuelled by booming European markets, and increased sales in channels such as wine merchants and hospitality outlets.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Nieuwe rosé van Gort&Gort
14 April 2022 14:20
Ilja Gort heeft zijn bedrijf min of meer aan zijn zoon overgedaan en veel wijnen de deur uit gedaan.
En opeens hadden ze geen alcoholhoudende rosé meer eye popping smiley

Gisteren op FaceBook kondigde Gort aan dat ze weer, maar slechts beperkt, rosé gemaakt hebben.
Niet bij de AH maar alleen in de eigen webshop.
Meteen een doosje besteld en vandaag gekregen.

Van het weekeinde eens eentje proberen
The art of rosé winemaking: A masterclass at Napa Valley Wine Academy
15 April 2022 17:50
The art of rosé winemaking: A masterclass at Napa Valley Wine Academy

Summer is coming, and to me, that means it’s rosé season. I drink mostly reds during the winter, but when it’s warm, it’s time for pink. For me, the ideal rosé wine is light, refreshing and youthful. That doesn’t necessarily make it less complex than a bigger, darker wine.

[napavalleyregister.com]

John

Can We Please Move On From Frosé?
15 April 2022 17:47
Can We Please Move On From Frosé?

It’s time to stop pretending the slushy wine cocktail was ever good

[www.pix.wine]

John

Re: Can We Please Move On From Frosé?
17 April 2022 09:20
Nooit gehad en dat laat ik ook zo grinning smiley
18 April 2022 17:14
Je hoeft niet met alles mee te doen. Was de Gort jr. binnen te houden?

John

18 April 2022 17:26
Klopt, soms moet je gewoon dingen laten voor wat het is en het aan je voorbij laten!
De rosé van Gort&Gort vind ik verrassend prettig.
Plastic bottle for Provençal rosé a ‘huge challenge’, admits creator
20 April 2022 17:04
Plastic bottle for Provençal rosé a ‘huge challenge’, admits creator

Speaking of a daring decision to launch a £20 Provençal rosé in a flat plastic bottle, the managing director of Moët Hennessy’s Château Galoupet told db last month why it’s such a “huge challenge”.

John

Re: Plastic bottle for Provençal rosé a ‘huge challenge’, admits creator
21 April 2022 11:26
Lichter en makkelijker te verpakken.
Ach, waarom niet?
Rosé Reigns Supreme: A Conversation with Wölffer Estate’s Roman Roth
27 April 2022 17:08
Rosé Reigns Supreme: A Conversation with Wölffer Estate’s Roman Roth

Rosés are not new in the wine world. Winemakers in countries like France and Italy have been making pink wine for centuries, and the style has garnered great reception in countless New World wine regions as well.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Flashback: Global Rosé Market Q&A
27 April 2022 17:28
Flashback: Global Rosé Market Q&A

Spring is here and summer is just around the corner, so it is time to Think Pink. Here is a Flashback column from 2019 that is still relevant today. We tend to assume that we know how the Rosé market breaks down, but the details might still surprise you.

One thing has changed: Rosé sales are not growing at the double-digit rates of three years ago, but then overall wine sales growth has been stalled in recent months. Keep an eye on store shelves in the coming weeks — I think you’ll see pretty pink bottles everywhere.

[wineeconomist.com]

John

The birds and the bees of Provence rosé
02 May 2022 19:22
The birds and the bees of Provence rosé

Château Galoupet in the south of France was left to neglect. But now in the LVMH fold and on a drastic course of organic conversion, the estate has just released its first Cru Classé rosé. Laura Richards learns about bold biodiversity plans and the vision for a sustainable vineyard of the future, inspired by the nature that surrounds it

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Rosé Time Is Any Time
02 May 2022 19:27
Rosé Time Is Any Time

As days grow longer, many of us turn to the great American summer pastime, drinking rosé. The rosé category grew an astonishing 1,433% between 2010 and 2020, and there are no signs of its popularity slowing down. According to global market research company bw166, rosé sales in supermarkets in the United States in 2010 was 149,000 cases, and by 2020 that had grown to 2,300,000 cases.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Re: Rosé Time Is Any Time
03 May 2022 06:17
Pays d’Oc Rosé 2021: weather sets scene for incredible creativity
07 June 2022 16:44
Pays d’Oc Rosé 2021: weather sets scene for incredible creativity

The vagaries of the climate are what makes a vintage unique and 2021 certainly brought a host of unpredictable weather events that left their mark on last year’s Pays d’Oc rosés. The frosts of April were just one of the challenges that vignerons faced here but they have risen to the challenge to produce an incredible range of creative rosés that are more delicate and pink than usual. Elizabeth Gabay MW reports on Pays d’Oc Rosé 2021

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Could rosé be the next frontier for English wine?
21 June 2022 17:45
Could rosé be the next frontier for English wine?

With the pink drink surging in popularity and with favourable conditions for its production in the UK, David Kermode says it’s high time English rosé came into full bloom

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Re: Could rosé be the next frontier for English wine?
22 June 2022 14:32
Waarom niet?
Maak het en de Britten drinken het cool smiley
ROSÉS UIT HET PAYS D'OC
06 August 2022 11:59
ROSÉS UIT HET PAYS D'OC

Patrick Schmitt, the very articulate editor of Drinks Business conducted a webinar on Pays d’Oc rosés earlier in the summer.

[www.rosemary-george-mw.com]

John

Anatomy of the Provence Pink Wine Tide
18 August 2022 12:58
Anatomy of the Provence Pink Wine Tide

I don’t have to buy rosé. That’s not how I’ll earn enough to buy a little stone house overlooking the Mediterranean. Nor do I have to put up with the incredulous expressions on my clients’ faces when in the shop I recommend a rosé. “What do you take me for, a hick?” their expression demands. Or “Try that one on the next sucker, mister.” Or, “Let’s move on to something more serious.”

In the course of my buying trips I run across excellent wines with a rosé color. I don’t look for them. They appear. What can Ido?

[wineeconomist.com]

John

In praise of rosé wine on the darker side
31 August 2022 17:21
In praise of rosé wine on the darker side

Pale-pink Provençal rosé might be flying off the shelves, but Nina Caplan fondly reflects on travels to Tavel and Lirac, and wine discoveries beyond, where a darker style of rosé reigns supreme

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Buyer Rewind: Simon Field MW on thrilling rise of German rosé
31 August 2022 17:24
Buyer Rewind: Simon Field MW on thrilling rise of German rosé

Although still somewhat immature as a wine category, German rosé has almost doubled in production over the past decade – up to 12% of all German wine production. Because German Pinot Noir is the third highest planting of the variety worldwide we can expect to see a lot more of German rosé, writes Simon Field MW, especially with so many quality winemakers making both high-end and commercial, populist styles. On a press trip entitled Think Pink! Field was introduced to a plethora of wines that showed many of the issues facing German rosé – most notably name and style – as it strives to forge its own identity in this fascinating category.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Liz Gabay MW: why Rosé needs to be taken more seriously
05 September 2022 17:25
Liz Gabay MW: why Rosé needs to be taken more seriously

Rosé is a wine category that is much-maligned, according to world expert Elizabeth Gabay MW, who says that even erudite critics fall into the trap of labelling it ‘sexy’ or ‘seductive’. Many buyers don’t taste but make decisions based on colour alone, while the on-trade is missing a massive opportunity by only listing one or two choices compared to a long list of reds and whites. Gabay has made it her mission to set the record straight by applying the same set of critical criteria as she would to any other wine. On the eve of the publication of her new book, which takes an unprecedented approach to the pink wine across Provence, Bandol, the Rhône valley and Languedoc-Roussillon, she opens out to The Buyer about why she is ‘still banging on about rosé’.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Re: Liz Gabay MW: why Rosé needs to be taken more seriously
06 September 2022 14:34
Nee, doe maar niet!
Voor je het weten gaan de prijzen de hoogte in grinning smiley
The Role of White Grapes in Rosé: Tradition and Innovation
10 October 2022 17:25
The Role of White Grapes in Rosé: Tradition and Innovation

The idea of white grapes in rosé may come as a surprise to some. Surely not! Yet the blending of red and white grapes has a long history, and the practice is still used for many rosés.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

Rosé wines: impact of protein fining on polyphenolic composition and color
18 October 2022 13:25
Rosé wines: impact of protein fining on polyphenolic composition and color

Cécile Leborgne et al., Université de Montpellier | INRAE | Montpellier SupAgro & Institut Français de la Vigne et du Vin | Centre du Rosé (France)

[www.infowine.com]

John

Copies of Provence rosé on the rise
02 November 2022 13:36
Copies of Provence rosé on the rise

Bottles and labels emulating the distinctive style of rosé wines from Côtes de Provence are becoming increasingly common, but Vins de Provence says these replicas are “no competition”.

John

Mike Turner on why Provence rosé is gift that keeps on giving
10 January 2023 18:12
Mike Turner on why Provence rosé is gift that keeps on giving

Provence continues to be a go-to region for wine drinkers across the globe searching out premium rosé. Rosé dominates wine production in the southern French region, with around 90% of the wine produced as the iconic salmon-pink wine. But what is it about Provence rosé that seems to have captured, and continues to capture, the hearts of so many wine drinkers in the world? We asked The Buyer’s Mike Turner, a restaurateur and retailer himself, to taste through a selection of the 2021 vintage and give us his thoughts on the region.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Re: Mike Turner on why Provence rosé is gift that keeps on giving
11 January 2023 16:10
Al jaren mijn favoriet smiling bouncing smiley
Re: Mike Turner on why Provence rosé is gift that keeps on giving
14 January 2023 11:27
Waar te koop? Eind vorig jaar de "Perle de rosé" gedronken. Ik was behoorlijk onder de indruk. De fles was door een wijn vriendje, tijdens een bliksembezoek in september, in Frankrijk op het chateau gekocht.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen