Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Portugal

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Portugal
22 May 2021 17:53
Vorig jaar was ik even in Noord Portugal.
Was erg onder de indruk van de wijnen van Quinta de Lemos.
Een van de eigenaren is een Belg? confused smiley
How A Nearly Extinct Portuguese Wine Grape Was Rescued By A Soccer Player
27 May 2021 17:03
How A Nearly Extinct Portuguese Wine Grape Was Rescued By A Soccer Player

Just as a bird or animal species can come close to the brink of extinction, so too can wine grapes. Currently there are over 1300 vine varieties in the world, but most people are only familiar with the commonly produced ones, such as Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, or Cabernet Sauvignon.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Cartuxa joins Mentzendorff
12 July 2021 17:19
Cartuxa joins Mentzendorff

Mentzendorff has taken on historic Alentejan brand Cartuxa, one of the oldest brands in Portugal.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

How a Football Player Saved a Nearly Extinct Portuguese Wine Grape
12 August 2021 17:22
How a Football Player Saved a Nearly Extinct Portuguese Wine Grape

Just as a bird or animal species can come close to the brink of extinction, so too can wine grapes. Currently there are over 1300 vine varieties in the world, but most people are only familiar with the commonly produced ones, such as Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, or Cabernet Sauvignon.

[lizthachmw.com]

John

Live Like a Portuguese King at This Enormous Wine-Making Palace
03 September 2021 15:35
Live Like a Portuguese King at This Enormous Wine-Making Palace

The lavish neoclassical and Baroque-style estate near the Spanish border is an official national monument with a lake with its own island and 18 hectares of vineyards

[www.mansionglobal.com]

John

Port producer proposes new classification for ‘young harvest’ releases
12 November 2021 12:54
Port producer proposes new classification for ‘young harvest’ releases

A Port producer has launched a bid to release young, premium quality Ports in the run-up to Christmas, three months after each harvest, but not everybody is so sure of the idea.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Lisboa wines: Peter Dean discovers a dozen wines to have on your radar
09 December 2021 14:20
Lisboa wines: Peter Dean discovers a dozen wines to have on your radar

The Lisboa wine region has been compared to that of Chile and California in that it is a long, thin coastal zone with fresh wines made close to the cool Atlantic while more heavily-textured, deeper wines are made in the drier more protected inland areas. Picking a dozen of the top, most representative Lisboa wines our drinks editor Peter Dean tastes and rates them according to quality and value and assesses their potential for the on-trade.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Portugal’s Douro Superior Region Takes Its Time
05 January 2022 17:56
Portugal’s Douro Superior Region Takes Its Time

Far away, in the remote eastern mountains and valleys of the Douro wine region, where Portugal meets Spain, exciting things are happening. New vineyards, new owners and new red wines are coming from an area that was relatively inaccessible only 30 years ago.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Re: Portugal’s Douro Superior Region Takes Its Time
07 January 2022 13:32
Douro’s Great Wines Come Wrapped in Red Tape

Portugal’s Douro Valley is entangled in a complicated system that keeps grape prices low

[www.pix.wine]

John

New Life in the Old Region of Lisboa
28 February 2022 11:40
New Life in the Old Region of Lisboa

A new generation is turning a bulk production region into a hotbed of excitement

[www.pix.wine]

John

Azores to get own regional vine and wine institute
02 March 2022 18:30
Azores to get own regional vine and wine institute

The Parliament of the autonomous Portuguese region of the Azores (ALRA) has approved the creation of the archipelago's own vine and wine institute (Instituto do Vinho e da Vinha), similar to those representing other key Portuguese wine areas such as the Douro and Madeira.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Save the Douro
27 April 2022 17:11
Save the Douro

The problem of disappearing vineyard workers and old-vine produce disappearing into anodyne blends. A version of this article is published by the Financial Times.

The beautiful Douro Valley in northern Portugal is in a real pickle. It’s best known as the home of port, and nowadays an increasing proportion of the vines that are virtually the only crop there produce stunning table wine too.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

In Portugal’s Vinho Verde, Wine Is Green in More Ways Than One
11 May 2022 13:31
In Portugal’s Vinho Verde, Wine Is Green in More Ways Than One

When you look around Portugal’s Vinho Verde region, which is blanketed with emerald vineyards, it will seem obvious how the area got its name. But verde (Portuguese for green) refers to the style of wine—meant to be enjoyed soon after bottling—for which the region is best known: light, fresh, and quaffable, with just a hint of spritz to tease the tongue. It would be a shame to pigeonhole Vinho Verde, though, as just a place for picnic wines. Throughout the years, a focus on single-varietal bottlings such as Alvarinho, Loueiro, and other native grapes began to reveal a more complex side to Vinho Verde. Quinta de Santiago is among the wineries ushering in a renaissance.

[www.saveur.com]

John

How to drink in the beauty and traditions of the Douro Valley, Portugal's famous wine region
07 June 2022 16:47
How to drink in the beauty and traditions of the Douro Valley, Portugal's famous wine region

Centuries after it first started producing port wines, the Douro Valley has a new focus: a growing tourism scene. But even as visitors pour into this rolling landscape of dramatic hills and deep river valleys, the region’s agrarian heart stays true.

[www.nationalgeographic.co.uk]

John

Portland Is on a Record Pace for Liquor Shoplifting
10 September 2022 08:54
Portland Is on a Record Pace for Liquor Shoplifting

The stolen bottles have been found resold online or in the parking lots of other nearby liquor stores.

[www.wweek.com]

John

How Port country is becoming a source of fine dry white wines
25 October 2022 10:09
How Port country is becoming a source of fine dry white wines

The rise of top-end dry red wines from the Douro has been well documented, but an emerging area from ‘Port country’ is fine whites – and in a style one might not expect.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen