Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Brettanomyces, Clean wine, Organic, bees, Bio, Natuurwijn, Terroir, alcoholvrijewijn, malolactic fermentation, yeast.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Bio wijn contest
25 June 2015 17:35
Waarde Heer...?confused smiley
Re: Bio wijn contest
26 June 2015 08:22
Heer Hendrik,

grinning smiley

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Bio/Natuurwijn
05 December 2019 12:45
France to become leading consumer of organic wine

[www.connexionfrance.com]

John

Re: Bio, Natuurwijn, Terroir.
05 December 2019 12:53
Terroir Sundae

[spitbucket.net]

John

The critical factor in terroir
08 December 2019 14:07
The critical factor in terroir

It's wrong to focus on soil and climate alone, says Roger Morris. The most critical factor in creating terroir is finding the right grape.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

Vins bio : une géographie de la périphérie?
10 December 2019 17:58
Vins bio : une géographie de la périphérie?

La géographie des vignes bio en France ne reflète pas celle des vignobles les plus renommés. La démarche de conversion, individuelle, devrait être repensée.

[www.lepoint.fr]

John

Global organic wine sales to double in a decade
11 December 2019 13:15
Global organic wine sales to double in a decade

Organic wine consumption worldwide is set to hit around a billion bottles a year by 2023, a new report from organic wine fair Millésime Bio suggests.

[www.harpers.co.uk]

John

Re: Global organic wine sales to double in a decade
11 December 2019 13:23
Almost one billion bottles of organic wine are expected to be consumed around the world by 2023, new research has revealed, more than doubling from the 441 million bottles recorded in 2013.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Natural Wine is Having a Moment
12 December 2019 13:44
Natural Wine is Having a Moment

At LaLou, in Brooklyn’s trendier-by-the-minute neighborhood of Prospect Heights, the crowd is buzzing on a rainy evening in the middle of a fall week, filling the cheery 50-seat restaurant and sampling among 16 mostly natural wines offered by the glass at the restaurant’s sleek, concrete bar.

[www.barrons.com]

John

Cost recovery for a fair and sustainable biosecurity system
12 December 2019 18:01
Cost recovery for a fair and sustainable biosecurity system

The Department of Agriculture is expanding the range of cost-recovered import measures that support Australia’s biosecurity system.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Na bier ook alcoholvrije wijn steeds populairder.
19 January 2020 10:12
Na bier ook alcoholvrije wijn steeds populairder.

Met bier zonder alcohol zijn flinke stappen gezet maar wijn zonder alcohol is brrrr.

[nos.nl]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 20/01/2020 11:10 door JohnCopier.
Re: Na bier ook alcoholvrije wijn steeds populairder.
24 January 2020 13:02
Geen kater na de drank: 'Alcoholvrije wijnen steeds beter van kwaliteit'

We kunnen er volgens foodtrendwatchers niet meer omheen in 2020: de alcoholvrije wijnen. Doordat de vraag de afgelopen jaren is toegenomen, is de kwaliteit enorm verbeterd. Hoe dat komt, vertellen wijnkenners Wiljan Dorrepaal en Barbara Verbeek.

[www.nu.nl]

John

Metamorphose im Weinbau
29 January 2020 18:06
Metamorphose im Weinbau

Vor 40 Jahren begann Karl Schefer mit dem Verkauf von Wein aus biologischem Anbau. Bioweine waren damals sauer, kaum geniessbar und stammten aus Rebbergen mit öder Monokultur. Heute gleichen die Delinat-Weinberge wahren Naturparadiesen, und die Weine überzeugen mit grossartiger Qualität. Doch das reicht dem Delinat-Chef nicht. Ein Gespräch über den langen Weg zum Weinbau der Zukunft.

[www.delinat.com]

John

Is Natural Wine Better for the Planet?
31 January 2020 18:22
Is Natural Wine Better for the Planet?

This story is part of The Healthyish Guide to Eating for the Climate...Without Stressing Out, a collection of our best tips for living sustainably and eating well while doing so.

[www.bonappetit.com]

John

Terroir and soil – Minerality in wine
11 February 2020 18:11

How does a vineyard’s soil affect wine? Can we legitimately talk about minerality in wine? Are the two concepts related? Part two of the terroir series

[wineandotherstories.com]

John

What is terroir? A beginner’s guide
14 February 2020 17:48
What is terroir? A beginner’s guide

Holy grail or propaganda? Terroir is a controversial topic among winelovers. What is terroir? Its definition, origin and history

Terroir and humans – a valuable symbiosis?

John

EcoVineyards: the future for pest-resistant vineyards
21 February 2020 11:44
EcoVineyards: the future for pest-resistant vineyards

In September, viticultural consultant Dr Mary Retallack presented her research on native plant species that could aid in the reduction of vineyard pest insect infestations at the Adelaide Hills Natural Resource Centre.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Natuurwijn: 'Niet alleen een trend, ook een tegenbeweging'
28 February 2020 12:57
Natuurwijn: 'Niet alleen een trend, ook een tegenbeweging'

Is de biologische wijn inmiddels redelijk ingeburgerd, natuurwijn gaat nog een stapje verder. Deze twee termen worden echter regelmatig met elkaar verward. Natuurwijnmaker Florien Kleine Snuverink en registervinoloog Barbara Verbeek vertellen over de verschillen en overeenkomsten.

[www.nu.nl]

John

Natural wine: a passing trend or lasting phenomenon?
12 March 2020 18:31
Natural wine: a passing trend or lasting phenomenon?

First there were organic wines. Then we heard about biodynamic wines. Finally, in the past ten years, a new concept has surfaced, that of “natural wine”. While nowadays it is fairly simple to understand what qualifies as ‘organic’ or ‘biodynamic’, the term ‘natural’ is much more difficult to grasp. Below, we try to help you see things more clearly.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Expressing terroir a complex puzzle
13 March 2020 18:16
Expressing terroir a complex puzzle

What is the elusive ‘formula’ that will allow growers to manipulate wine quality in the vineyard to better express terroir?
That’s the tantalising puzzle a team of researchers are aiming to solve in a long-term project funded by Wine Australia.
It is anticipated that grapegrowers, winemakers and wine brands can use the information to maximise the expression of terroir in wine to help secure a sustainable future for the entire Australian wine sector.

[www.wineaustralia.com]

John

Natural wine Finally an official label
18 March 2020 18:58
Natural wine | Finally an official label

After several years of progression for the natural wine movement without a proper definition or label, an official step has been taken to recognise natural wines, thanks to the work of the Défense des Vins Nature’l union.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Friday Read: Updating organic viticulture for tomorrow's world
28 March 2020 10:28
Friday Read: Updating organic viticulture for tomorrow's world

It was June 2011 when Dr Richard Smart first told a group of journalists that organic and biodynamic wines were damaging to the environment. Speaking at the 'Wineries for Climate Protection' conference that took place in Barcelona that year, his scathing criticism rapidly spread across the internet, much to the delight of my editors.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

France Attempts to Define Natural Wine
10 April 2020 16:55
France Attempts to Define Natural Wine

The new Vin Méthode Nature label formalizes low-intervention winemaking techniques, but is it possible to nail down?

[www.winespectator.com]

John

2013 Joblot revisited gives an answer to the biodynamics question
15 April 2020 16:52
2013 Joblot revisited gives an answer to the biodynamics question

In the end, I opened both of Domaine Joblot's 2013 Givry Premier Crus, Servoisine and Clos du Cellier aux Moines, on Thursday. Both were fantastic wines, much better than on previous occasions. The differences between the two sites were apparent - Servoisine's density and power coupled with sweeter fruit against Cellier aux Moines' elegance and poise - but the vintage, never one of the most venerated in any part of Burgundy (anywhere?), has proved itself worthy of the Joblot name on this occasion, at least.

[bigredwine.blogspot.com]

John

Impact of Organic Viticulture Management Practices On Wild Bee Biodiversity
22 May 2020 12:49
Impact of Organic Viticulture Management Practices On Wild Bee Biodiversity

I’m not usually one to celebrate “International Whatever” Days, but one, in particular, is near and dear to me personally, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to feature a study focused on this one tiny but important organism – the bee! World Bee Day was May 20th and is a day to raise awareness of the importance of these [and other] pollinators for biodiversity and global food security (etc.). (Wild bees were my study subjects for my Master’s thesis).

[www.academicwino.com]

John

Biochar: the Vineyard's Next Big Thing
26 May 2020 17:12
Biochar: the Vineyard's Next Big Thing

You haven't heard of biochar? You're not alone, as Alex Russan explains.

A lot of viticulturists are talking about biochar these days but most people haven’t a clue what it even is.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Quarter of agricultural land in Europe to be organic by 2030
26 May 2020 17:14
Quarter of agricultural land in Europe to be organic by 2030

The European Commission has set a number of new environmental targets, including the reduction of pesticide usage by 50% and the goal of 25% of EU farmland being organic by 2030.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Natural Lambrusco Is Just the Beginning
27 May 2020 17:14
Natural Lambrusco Is Just the Beginning

Returning to old traditions, the frizzante wines of Emilia-Romagna are ready for their pét-nat moment.

[punchdrink.com]

John

The problem with biodynamics: myths, quacks and pseudoscience
05 June 2020 11:45
The problem with biodynamics: myths, quacks and pseudoscience

Earlier this year, I featured as a panel member for a Real Business of Wine webinar titled ‘Getting the Horn’. Throughout the webinar, the panel explored biodynamics with Monty Waldin, the world’s leading expert on biodynamic wine. Whilst several of my peers did challenge the notion of biodynamics, I was hesitant to do so, feeling the forum was not the most appropriate of places in which to voice my somewhat fierce opposition to Steiner and his quackery. Shortly after the webinar I released an Instagram video briefly summarising my position, admittedly it wasn’t terribly succinct, was a little provocative and did little to convince others as to why they should take a more active position against aspects of biodynamics. Here I hope to lay out my position more clearly, explaining why I so vehemently oppose individuals who profiteer from pseudoscience.

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

Biologische wijngaard in het Nederlands Openluchtmuseum aangelegd
06 June 2020 13:24
Biologische wijngaard in het Nederlands Openluchtmuseum aangelegd

Afgelopen donderdag 4 juni reisde ik in alle vroegte naar het Nederlands Openluchtmuseum in Arnhem. Daar werden die ochtend de eerste wijnstokken geplant van wat op termijn een (deels) ommuurde biologische wijngaard wordt. Onder het toeziend oog van wijnmaker Adam Dijkstra van De Colonjes en initiatiefnemer Henk Oost, beheerder van de wijngaard op landgoed Mariëndaal, […]

[www.wijnkronieken.nl]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen