Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Climate Change

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Climate Change
06 November 2019 18:12
Climate Change Is Disrupting Centuries-Old Methods Of Winemaking In France

In France, climate change is already affecting one of the country's most emblematic industries — winemaking. French vintners say heat, drought and erratic weather are altering the landscape and their centuries-old way of working.

[www.npr.org]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 30/11/2019 12:56 door JohnCopier.
Should We Care if a Warming Climate Changes the Taste of Wine?
06 November 2019 18:09
Britt Karlsson in BK Wine Magazine asks “Should we lament that the taste of wines have changed?

Weinig aan te doen, gewoon meebewegen.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

French wine organisations reject Dry January
04 November 2019 17:54
After French wine groups heard a rumour that the French Minister for Health intended to introduce Dry January to France, they were swift to react. Sophie Kevany reports.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

Zo beïnvloedt klimaatverandering de wijn die we drinken
21 October 2019 12:44
Dat klimaatverandering invloed zal hebben op de agricultuur mag duidelijk wezen. Met name wijnmakers moeten anticiperen op grote veranderingen omdat dat de wijnbouw een zeer gevoelige vorm van agricultuur is.

[www.msn.com]ïnvloedt-klimaatverandering-de-wijn-die-we-drinken/ar-AAJ6cR3?ocid=spartandhp

John

Climate Lessons: How climate change affects New Zealand wine
18 October 2019 12:33
In Climate Lessons, a scientist explains what their research has taught them about climate change.

[www.stuff.co.nz]

John

Al Gore on Climate Change and the Wine Industry
10 September 2019 16:54
Since leaving office in 2001, former Vice President Al Gore has spent much of the 21st century studying and fighting against climate change. In addition to being a corecipient of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his political efforts to push the climate crisis, Gore is the founder and chairman of The Climate Reality Project (formerly called the Alliance for Climate Protection), author of topical books like An Inconvenient Truth (Rodale Books, 2006) and subject of a two Netflix documentaries on the issue.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Climate change is coming for your wine. What the world's wineries are doing to save grapes
09 September 2019 17:13
ST. HELENA, Calif. — The estate house grounds at Spottswoode Winery look like a postcard from a 19th-century dream. A sprawling Victorian mansion commands a view of lush gardens, a shimmering swimming pool and 45 acres of grape-filled vines that soon will be harvested.

[eu.usatoday.com]

John

Manseng Noir can help climate change in South-West France
13 August 2019 17:21
Tannat is a grape variety that will not be here in 20 years time. That is the shocking view of the head of one of France’s key cooperatives, Plaimont Producteurs. Last year they struggled to produce Tannat below 16% ABV – how they are managing in 2019 is anyone’s guess. The answer? Revive an ancient French grape, Manseng Noir, that is related to and similar to Tannat but can end up being 11% ABV. Peter Dean visited Gascogny to see first hand the amazing work that is being done with Manseng Noir and to taste the first 100% Manseng Noir produced since… the mid-Nineteenth Century

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Blindly Redefining the Classic Wines
14 August 2019 17:25
How a changing environment is changing how we appreciate flavors in prestigious wine regions.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Killing the canary
12 August 2019 13:28
“Phew. What A Scorcher!” I’m old enough to remember June 1976, when we had 15 consecutive days above 32°C. The Sun’s headline captured some of the excitement I felt as a teenager. In those days British summers were frequently cool, overcast affairs and all of a sudden Kent felt like the Costa Brava. What was scorching then seems almost temperate now. Last week Cambridge sweated through the second hottest day ever at 38.1°C, just ahead of Faversham’s 38.7°C in August 2003.

[timatkin.com]

John

Wine vs climate change: how global warming is affecting the grapes vineyards grow
11 August 2019 10:28
Warmer weather has already had an impact on the flavour profile of popular wines, such as New Zealand’s Marlborough sauvignon blanc
From 2021, Bordeaux winemakers will be permitted to use ‘accessory grapes’ adapted to hotter, drier conditions

[www.scmp.com]

John

Hitze schmälert Weinproduktion in Frankreich deutlich
22 July 2019 11:51
Die Hitzewelle Ende Juni hat für viele Winzer in Frankreich zu Produktionsverlusten geführt. Sie rechnen mit der schlechtesten Lese seit fünf Jahren.

[www.faz.net]

John

Re: Hitze schmälert Weinproduktion in Frankreich deutlich
22 July 2019 12:04
Extreme weather harming French vineyard

The Ministry of Agriculture in France has announced that the country’s wine output may fall by as much as 13% following weather conditions including hail, frost and a record-breaking heatwave.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Re: Hitze schmälert Weinproduktion in Frankreich deutlich
22 July 2019 17:07
Weather woes hit French vineyards: wine production seen falling this year

[www.reuters.com]

John

Australia imports Cypriot vines in response to climate change
16 July 2019 17:00
Climate change is prompting Australian wine researchers to trial drought-tolerant grape varieties from Cyprus.

Ik vraag mij af of er in Australië wel lokale druiven zijn? Dan is dit toch niet schokkend!

[winetitles.com.au]

John

As temperatures soar, Languedoc’s vineyards are scorched by the sun
09 July 2019 17:40
“I don't want to talk about it. I’m too upset”. On Monday July 1st, this Hérault winegrower, located in the Grés de Montpellier appellation area was still in shock over the disaster that struck his vineyard in the aftermath of the June 28 heat wave. And he’s not the only one. At Domaine de Roquemale in Villeveyrac, Valérie Ibanez was also shaken.

Evenals de hortensia's bij mij in de voortuin. Ziet er als de verschroeide aarde uit.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Climate change could mean more pesticides in your wine
08 July 2019 17:37
Climate change isn't just creating lower yields in vineyards, it's making them more susceptible to pests and mildew.

Wine grapes native to Europe, including Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Riesling, are the least resistant to pests—and require the most pesticides.

New York vintners are experimenting with native grapes that are more hardy—but those aren't as popular with drinkers.

[www.cbsnews.com]

John

Agriculture Department buries studies showing dangers of climate change
27 June 2019 10:22
The Trump administration has stopped promoting government-funded research into how higher temperatures can damage crops and pose health risks.

Hier worden wij niet vrolijk van. Ontkennen is een mogelijkheid.

[www.politico.com]

John

Climate Change Is Coming for the $3.6 Billion Cognac Business
17 June 2019 17:29
Distillers are seeking hardier grape varieties to safeguard the 500-year-old industry.

[www.bloomberg.com]

John

'Onder wijnbouwers vind je geen klimaatontkenners'
06 June 2019 13:00
De wijnwereld is continu in beweging. Kenner Michel Chapoutier bespreekt drie belangrijke evoluties.

[weekend.knack.be]

John

Re: 'Onder wijnbouwers vind je geen klimaatontkenners'
11 June 2019 17:03
Maar... bij de politiek wel.

Climate change is reshaping wine as we know it

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Quel est l’impact du classement des climats de Bourgogne à l’Unesco ?
27 May 2019 13:02
La nature exceptionnelle des climats de Bourgogne est entérinée depuis le 4 juillet 2015 grâce à leur inscription sur la liste du patrimoine mondial de l’humanité de l’Unesco. Quel est l’impact de cette distinction sur le terrain ?

[avis-vin.lefigaro.fr]

John

Romeinse mijnbouw eerste aantoonbare bron van luchtvervuiling.
19 May 2019 14:33
Het huidige beleid ten aanzien van loodvervuiling gaat uit van loodconcentraties uit de tijd van voor de industriële revolutie. Maar dat zou wel eens onterecht kunnen zijn. In ijskernen van de Mont Blanc ontdekten onderzoekers dat Romeinen al zo intensief aan mijnbouw deden, dat in heel Europa het basisniveau omhoog ging.

[www.foodlog.nl]

John

Do Your Favorite Wines Taste Different?
18 May 2019 17:55
There’s a good chance it’s because of climate change

In Zuidfrankrijk staat het ook regelmatig in de brand.

[heated.medium.com]

John

Cahors vineyards hit by "catastrophic" frost wiping out up to 70% of crop
17 May 2019 17:59
Winemakers in Cahors in the southwest of France have lost up to 70% of their crop due to a harsh frost in the first week of May.

[app.vinex.market]

John

Frost – the new normal?
04 May 2019 12:59
On May Day, we present a photo-report on a particular hazard of springtime.

I'm just back from what I sincerely hope is not a pre-Brexit tour of Europe: Languedoc, Rhône, Burgundy, Baden, Alsace and culminating in a couple of days tasting the super-ripe 2018 German wines at the Mainzer Weinbörse.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Weinreben haben Durst
25 April 2019 11:55
Winzer klagen über Trockenheit

Während die Weinbauern den Regen herbeisehnen, freuen sich die Obstbauern noch über die Blüte. Wie die Ernte dann ausfallen wird, das steht allerdings noch in den Sternen.

Dit hebben wij in 2003 ook meegemaakt. Waterstress. Spuiten kan helpen maar mag niet.

[www.nikos-weinwelten.de]

John

Hail and frost hit parts of France
15 April 2019 17:07
Vooral in en aan de Loire schijnt het dramatisch te zijn. De overige gebieden zijn natuurlijk ook niet misselijk.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Earthquake-proof Wine Rack
11 April 2019 10:55
Voor ons niet zo'n groot probleem maar voor Groningen wellicht een oplossing.

[www.instructables.com]

John

Re: Earthquake-proof Wine Rack
11 April 2019 14:37
Alle wijn in BiB of in plastic flessen helpt dat ook? cool smiley
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen