Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Languedoc/Roussillon

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Côtes-de-Provence to try out foreign varietals
06 February 2020 18:44
Côtes-de-Provence to try out foreign varietals

With the help of the French Vine & Wine Institute, the Chamber of Agriculture and the IHEV, the Côtes de Provence producer’s organisation has drawn up a "short list" of 10 red, white and rosé grape varieties from the south of France, Greece, Italy and South Africa, which all have strong resistance to drought, good acidity levels but low ABV, and are not very prone to disease.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Volcanic Wines Explode In Central France
11 February 2020 18:21
Volcanic Wines Explode In Central France

When people think of central France, few consider volcanoes. Yet geologically, the Auvergne region was—and may be again—a sizzling locale sculpted by spewing magma and spitting craters. Because volcanoes can create complex, mineral rich soils, vines that flourish over such once baking terroir can produce distinct and singular wine vintages.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Wines of Southern France
14 February 2020 13:12
Wines of Southern France

The French vintner, Alexis Lichine, was known for skillfully keeping one foot in Bordeaux and the other in the United States. The Bordelaise remember him as the proprietor of Chateau Prieure-Lichine in Margaux, while most Americans knew Lichine as the husband of 1950s film star, Arlene Dahl.

[www.geralddboydonwine.com]

John

Monbazillac: les vignerons ont décidé de planter 800 arbres fruitiers dans le vignoble
28 February 2020 12:15
Monbazillac: les vignerons ont décidé de planter 800 arbres fruitiers dans le vignoble

Non les vignerons de Monbazillac n’ont pas décidé de remplacer leur nectar par de la poire ou de la pomme, même si « y en a aussi ». Ce projet mené avec le département va dans le sens de la biodiversité et une démarche citoyenne puisque les gens pourront se servir…

Prachtig initiatief.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Monbazillac Winemakers Sour on Sweetness Changes
09 March 2020 18:23
Monbazillac Winemakers Sour on Sweetness Changes

One of France's most famous sweet wines could be substantially drier in the future, following a court decision.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

French vines still ahead of the growth curve this year
15 April 2020 16:57
French vines still ahead of the growth curve this year

In Languedoc, “On February 29, as I was pruning Grenache vines above Saint-Chinian, at an elevation of 300 metres, buds had burst on all the vines and you could see two or three leaves separating at the ends of the shoots. Today the Grenache is at the three to five leaf-stage in the early-ripening vineyards. We are a good two weeks ahead of last year”, reported Jacques Rousseau of the Co-operative Wine Institute (ICV).

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Petite Sirah in France? A Flip of the Coin at Clos Hirissou
11 May 2020 17:56
Petite Sirah in France? A Flip of the Coin at Clos Hirissou

The greatest joy of starting PS I Love You, the advocacy group for Petite Sirah, has been the people I’ve met along the way. People from all over the world have contacted me about Petite, and this is the most recent communication, during the last 18 years of relationships.

This one is one of the most important, also.

[www.wine-blog.org]

John

Witte Provence
25 June 2020 18:31
Vanavond gedronken Studio by Miraval Blanc 2019.

Ok, ik drink vooral rosé uit de Provence maar als een goede wijnmaker daar witte wijn gaat maken vind ik dat vaak haast nog beter als de rosé.
En deze is daar geen uitzondering op!
Het hele marketing verhaal van de beroemde filmsterren er om heen moet je gewoon negeren cool smiley
Re: Witte Provence
27 June 2020 16:39
Was jij zonder die filmsterren ook op Miraval uitgekomen?

John

Re: Witte Provence
27 June 2020 18:35
Als de wijn hier te koop zou zijn wel.
Montpellier chosen as the capital of Grenaches du Monde
15 July 2020 12:37
Montpellier chosen as the capital of Grenaches du Monde

This year, Montpellier is set to become the capital of the world's Grenache wines. The 8th Grenache du Monde competition, launched in 2013 by the Roussillon wine marketing board (CIVR), will take place from 15 to 16 September at Domaine de Verchant in Montpellier, with support from PGI Pays d’Oc. After Aragon, Sardinia, Catalonia and Roussillon, this year Languedoc has been selected to welcome the hundred or so judges – mainly buyers, importers and distributors – due to spend two days judging entries to find the world’s finest Grenache. Last year in Perpignan, 864 wines, 240 of them from France, competed.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Using treated waste water to irrigate vines in Languedoc
18 July 2020 07:17
Using treated waste water to irrigate vines in Languedoc

Global warming has transformed irrigation into a matter of survival for vines in the driest areas of Languedoc in the South of France. The La Clape hill range near the coast is one of the worst affected, with average annual rainfall barely reaching 300 mm.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Anson: Inside the French Foreign Legion’s Provence vineyard
20 August 2020 17:42
Anson: Inside the French Foreign Legion’s Provence vineyard

Jane Anson speaks to a colonel who runs the Provence winery of France's 'Légion Etrangère', the only French military unit to have its own vineyard, and tastes the wines.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Re: Anson: Inside the French Foreign Legion’s Provence vineyard
20 August 2020 18:44
Wil die wijnen altijd nog eens bestellen.
Gewoon omdat het geinig is.
How One Winemaker Is Revolutionizing The Wine Industry In The South Of France
26 August 2020 17:14
How One Winemaker Is Revolutionizing The Wine Industry In The South Of France

Wine runs in Gérard Bertrand’s blood. Just like his father Georges and grandmother Paule before him, the winemaking culture of the south of France – the world’s largest vineyard with more than 60 grape varietals producing all types of wines: white, rosé, red, sparkling and fortified – is deeply ingrained in his DNA. It was a destiny impossible for him to escape. Standing at nearly two meters tall, endowed with a lean, muscular frame and musical voice typical of the area, the 55-year-old is a force to be reckoned with. His 16 wineries in the Occitanie region employing over 320 employees sell hundreds of references and tens of millions of bottles per year. A reference in biodynamics, he owns 850 hectares of vineyards governed by the sustainable, holistic and ethical philosophy and is the largest in France certified by Demeter (the global biodynamic agriculture authentication organization).

[www.forbes.com]

John

Re: How One Winemaker Is Revolutionizing The Wine Industry In The South Of France
27 August 2020 17:29
Meet Château Maris’s Bertie Eden: the Languedoc’s godfather of organics

Making a carbon-neutral winery from cannabis sativa, that has been recognised as one of the most environmentally-friendly wineries in the world, is just one of the many achievements of Robert ‘Bertie’ Eden. The godfather of organic and biodynamic winemaking in the Languedoc, Eden is a British ex-pat whose 45 hectare domaine Château Maris has been making exciting terroir-driven wines since 1997. He is overseeing Invivo’s aims to become the largest supplier of organic grapes in France, as well as being one of the greatest advocates of the need for the wine industry to reduce its impact on the environment.

Dit mag er natuurlijk ook zijn. Indrukwekkend.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Aude : une bactérie tueuse de végétaux détectée pour la première fois en Occitanie
08 September 2020 17:30
Aude : une bactérie tueuse de végétaux détectée pour la première fois en Occitanie

La Xylella Fastidiosa a été identifiée cet été pour la première fois en Occitanie, chez un pépiniériste sur les communes de Trèbes et de Fontiès d’Aude dans le département de l’Aude. Des mesures pour lutter contre sa propagation devraient être déployées dans les prochains jours.

Dit is zeer slecht nieuws in de L + R.

[france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr]

John

PINEAU DES CHARENTES H FILS
10 September 2020 17:22
PINEAU DES CHARENTES H FILS

H Fils, c’est avant tout une histoire familiale, un héritage. La marque fait référence à Henri Fils - grand-père et arrière grand-père des fondateurs - qui acheta le domaine familial Charentais au milieu du XXe siècle. H Fils, c’est l’ambition de remettre au goût du jour le Pineau des Charentes, fruit d’une belle alliance entre moût de raisin et Cognac. A la recherche de Pineaux d’exception, les fondateurs de H Fils se sont engagés à dénicher des fûts trop longtemps endormis qui mériteraient d’avoir leur place sur les plus belles tables. H Fils, c’est aussi et surtout, une étroite collaboration entre des vignerons indépendants de la région et des prestataires locaux, situés à Cognac qui partagent la même ambition : Remettre au goût du jour le Pineau des Charentes et valoriser son image.

Donders lekker.

[www.spiritueuxmagazine.com]

John

Border Grape: How Grenache Links Catalonia and Roussillon
11 September 2020 17:35
Border Grape: How Grenache Links Catalonia and Roussillon

As high as 11,000 feet, the craggy peaks of the Pyrenees set a natural border between Northeast Spain and Southeast France. The range divides the winemaking communities of Catalonia and Roussillon, though certain cultural proclivities have seeped through. Among them is awe over the profundity of Grenache.

[www.winemag.com]

John

IGP du Tarn wines aim to join Pays d’Oc
29 October 2020 18:35
IGP du Tarn wines aim to join Pays d’Oc

As one of South-West France’s most Languedoc-minded wine regions, Gaillac is hoping to incorporate its Protected Geographical Indication (IGP) into neighbouring Pays d'Oc. The prospect of a merger was raised originally at the end of 2018 (when IGP du Sud-Ouest was phased out), but there are now new developments. The board of the AOC Gaillac producers’ organisation adopted a motion last summer in support of an application for IGP Côtes-du-Tarn to join IGP Pays d'Oc.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Occitanie Wine School Launches Series Of Educational Videos
09 November 2020 18:12
Occitanie Wine School Launches Series Of Educational Videos

During these quiet months, Bureau de la Région Occitanie UK has been busy on its new initiative to support wine trade professionals who haven’t had the usual essential tastings, training and travel to enjoy. A new series of Occitanie Wine School videos has been swiftly filmed, to let them watch and learn anytime, anywhere in just five to ten minutes.

[www.circleofwinewriters.org]

John

2020 vintage report – Minervois
16 November 2020 17:54
2020 vintage report – Minervois

While the global pandemic pursues its inexorable advance, its effects on the wine industry will be felt for many years to come. Combined with oversupply and stubbornly high stock levels in 2018 and 2019, some regions have been forced to artificially curtail yields to try to balance supply and demand, and, more poignantly, many wine producers, their tanks and barrels still full of unsold wine, struggled to find empty containers for the incoming 2020 grapes. The 2020 harvest is looking plentiful, precocious and healthy in most parts, though 2021 is still clouded in uncertainty for the final product and the livelihoods of all those involved.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

The first yield monitor sensor is on its way
08 December 2020 18:14
The first yield monitor sensor is on its way

By 2022, winegrowers will no longer need to walk up and down their vine rows as the harvest approaches to estimate their yield. A sensor developed by Vivelys will do it for them. “It is equipped with several LEDs and two cameras. The first one assesses the distance between the clusters to determine their size, whilst the second one takes very high quality photos”, explains Benjamin Boissier, the company's R&D manager. “It is easy to install on a tractor, a quad bike or a straddle tractor and works on its own while winegrowers continue with tillage or trim their vines”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Planning for the future: Vins de Provence commit to 100% sustainability certification by 2030
18 January 2021 18:06
Planning for the future: Vins de Provence commit to 100% sustainability certification by 2030

One thing winemakers and growers universally agree upon is that climate change is real. Their unique perspective that bears witness to the seasons and each vintage, draws into focus the long-term effects of a warmer climate.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Matt Walls: My two years in Provence writing Wines of the Rhône
27 January 2021 13:39
Matt Walls: My two years in Provence writing Wines of the Rhône

Following the launch of his new book, Wines of the Rhône, Decanter's Rhône correspondent Matt Walls looks back on his two year research project, the decision to move his family to a small village abroad, and the trials and tribulations of a British family adapting to life in southern France.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Re: Matt Walls: My two years in Provence writing Wines of the Rhône
28 January 2021 11:31
Als je je "als rosbief" in Frankrijk "arrogante kikker" niet wilt aanpassen heb je een groot probleem. Zelfs kritiek op de Franse taal. Dan snap je er niet veel van.
Re: Matt Walls: My two years in Provence writing Wines of the Rhône
28 January 2021 14:19
Zo, dat lucht op. grinning smiley

John

BERTRAND: ORGANICS NEEDS TO BECOME THE NEW NORMAL
22 February 2021 17:51
BERTRAND: ORGANICS NEEDS TO BECOME THE NEW NORMAL

Languedoc winemaker Gérard Bertrand is on a mission for organic viticulture to become the ‘new normal’, and believes consumers are ready for the change.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Re: BERTRAND: ORGANICS NEEDS TO BECOME THE NEW NORMAL
25 February 2021 18:08
GÉRARD BERTRAND LAUNCHES FIRST ORANGE WINE

Languedoc producer Gérard Bertrand has launched his first organic orange wine, which endeavours to blend Georgian tradition with southern French modernity.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Domaine Tempier : Guide et présentation des cuvées
02 March 2021 18:20
Domaine Tempier : Guide et présentation des cuvées

HISTORIQUE DU DOMAINE :
Ce domaine existe depuis le règne de Louis XIV. La maison de campagne a été construite en 1834 et s’est vu attribuer sa première médaille d’or en 1885. Une fois la grave crise phylloxérique passée, Léonie Templier fait replanter les vignes sur un porte-greffe. Plus tard, la cave a été construite et des portes-ciments ont été mis en place. Une crise survient au début des années 1910, qui incitent à l’arrachage d’une partie des vignes du domaine remplacées par des vergers. Ensuite, une autre crise économique apparaît en 1929 qui provoque une époque de déshérence pour le domaine.

[www.comptoirdesmillesimes.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen