Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Languedoc/Roussillon

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Provence rosés post best export performance in 2020
23 March 2021 17:55
Provence rosés post best export performance in 2020

“We’ve fared pretty well”, Brice Eymard, managing director of the Provence wine marketing board CIVP, told AFP on 15 March. “Sales of wines marketed by the supply side dropped by 7% in 2020 compared to 2019, at 1 million hectolitres, but we continue to gain ground in export markets (+6% to 430,000 hl) while all the other regions fell, except Burgundy”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Trial vineyard in south of France experiments with foreign drought-resistant varieties to contend with climate change

Wine producers in the south of France are experimenting with a number of foreign grape varieties in an attempt to better contend with climate change.

[app.vinex.market]

John

Re-discover St Chinian
10 May 2021 17:05
Re-discover St Chinian

Re-discover St Chinian was the title of a webinar and tasting presented by Patrick Schmitt, the very articulate editor of Drinks Business. He began his comments by explaining the title, considering that St Chinian used to be much more prominent on supermarket and wine shop shelves than it is today, and it deserves a revival in its fortunes. Patrick talked about the history of the region, of the Languedoc in general, with the Romans and the Benedictine monk of St Aniane from whom the name St Chinian evolved. St. Chinian, and also Faugères, were recognised as appellations in 1982, before Minervois, Corbières and Coteaux du Languedoc in 1985, but after Fitou in 1948.

[tastelanguedoc.blogspot.com]

John

D’eau et de vin, une histoire au long cours
11 May 2021 17:15
D’eau et de vin, une histoire au long cours

Les chansons à boire et les poètes en ont fait des ennemis, la vérité historique démontre que sans la première nous ne boirions pas du second…

[www.lepoint.fr]

John

George Clooney Buys Provence Wine Estate … or Does He?
19 May 2021 17:00
George Clooney Buys Provence Wine Estate … or Does He?

One way or another, the purchase of Domaine du Canadel and its 25-acre rosé vineyard will demand another dramatic conclusion for the Oscar-winning actor

[www.winespectator.com]

John

How Provence wants to take success of its rosé wines to the next level
21 May 2021 16:46
How Provence wants to take success of its rosé wines to the next level

It’s hard to think of a wine region that has enjoyed better success than Provence in the last 10 years. The region has experienced consistent double digit growth year in year out as more of the world has woken up to the charm, elegance and quality of its rosé wines. In that time, major brands have emerged and have helped drive Provence’s unique message and image. Here, Richard Siddle talks to Jeany Cronk, founder of Mirabeau and board member at the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP), and Caroline Benetti, communications manager at the CIVP about the Provence success story and how the generic body works with Provence’s winemakers to drive the region forward.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Enhancing synergies between the three Provence appellations
21 June 2021 15:06
Enhancing synergies between the three Provence appellations

After twelve years as chair of the Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence producers’ organisation, Didier Pauriol, vice-chair of the Vignerons du Roy René co-operative winery in Lambesc, is handing the torch over to Olivier Nasles. The Provençal winegrower farms 23 hectares of vines at Domaine Camaïssette in Eguilles.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: Enhancing synergies between the three Provence appellations
23 June 2021 17:19
Whole Lotta Rosé: Peter Dean with his pick of Provence rosé 2020

Provence fared better than any other French wine region in 2020, exports-wise. In the UK, especially, we can’t get enough of the pink stuff with exports of Provence rosé shooting up 50% last year. As summer begins and lockdown begins to end, so the new 2020 vintage of Provence rosé is landing on these shores. A tricky year for growers, the wines are pretty and elegant without the robustness of the 2019s. But the consistency and the quality are both there. With wines from all three of the region’s key appellations featured, Peter Dean picks his ‘flirty dozen’ with full tasting notes and details.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Elizabeth Gabay MW: Hoe Mourvèdre volwassen wordt in rode Bandol-wijnen
23 June 2021 17:30
Elizabeth Gabay MW: Hoe Mourvèdre volwassen wordt in rode Bandol-wijnen

Vroeger waren rode Bandol-wijnen als Bordeaux en Barolo - prachtig naarmate ze ouder worden, maar groot en tannine in de jeugd. Het tanninebeheer met deze wijn is echter veranderd, met nauwkeurigere oogstdata, beter begrip van extractie en werken met hout voor de verplichte 18 maanden in vat. Om te zien hoe de stijl is veranderd en om ook te onderzoeken hoe en wanneer secundaire smaken zich ontwikkelen, proeft Elizabeth Gabay MW een reeks rode Bandol van de huidige vintage op de markt, 2018, terug naar 2011 - waarbij ze aanbeveelt welke wijnen op onze koopradar moeten staan.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Angelina Jolie moves to sell Château Miraval
09 July 2021 17:26
Angelina Jolie moves to sell Château Miraval

The Hollywood star has allegedly petitioned a judge to let her sell the Provence wine estate as she lines up a buyer.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Jaarlijkse familiefoto
09 July 2021 12:00

Mijn jaarlijkse familiefoto cool smiley
Vier nieuwe flesjes van jaargang 2020.
Ik zeg het een beetje zachtjes maar 2015 staat er volgend jaar niet meer bij drinking smiley
Re: Jaarlijkse familiefoto
09 July 2021 16:51
Hoe krijg ik dit te zien?

John

09 July 2021 22:30
Je ziet geen foto?
10 July 2021 08:55
Nee.

John

10 July 2021 10:58
Dat is wel erg vreemd

Nogmaals hierbij ingesloten.
Zag je laatst wel de Mosel nieuwsbrief staan?
Zit namelijk in dezelfde directory op de server.
10 July 2021 12:19
Geen foto maar wel Mosel nieuwsbrief.

John

10 July 2021 12:29
Dat is vreemd?
Zelfs al ik via 4G ga en niet ingelogd ben zie ik de foto nog?
Deze begrijp ik even niet.

En deze oude foto ook niet?

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 10/07/2021 12:32 door RobertKoopman.
Drought warning across the vineyards of Roussillon
28 July 2021 17:24
Drought warning across the vineyards of Roussillon

“After mildew last year and now frost and drought this year, winegrowers are under great pressure”, summarises Anne-Marie Castagné, who heads up Domaine Rousdellaro with its 8 hectares of HVE-certified vines in Perpignan. With just 3 millimetres of rain over the last two months, the Catalan winegrower explains that her vines along the valley floor are suffering tremendously, irrespective of whether the soil is sandy-clay or pebbles. “Usually, it rains in April or May, which replenishes water reserves, but this time... nothing”, adds Castagné, who does not irrigate her vines, but rather strives to use foliar fertilisers to help them withstand water stress.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Rosemary George MW on the wine treasures of Roussillon
27 August 2021 17:11
Rosemary George MW on the wine treasures of Roussillon

For too long considered merely an adjunct to the Languedoc, Roussillon has over the past 20 years uncoupled itself and started celebrating its true identity. With a very different climate, topography and culture to the Languedoc, the wines of Roussillon have started truly celebrating this uniqueness – benefitting from the shift to increased production of dry table wines, and an influx of winemakers from outside the region. President of the Circle of Wine Writers, and a world expert on the region, Rosemary George MW, opens up on what fascinates her about these wines and what gems wine buyers can discover both from the long-standing talent and the new generation of vignerons.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Sud de France: Incredible white diversity on display
13 September 2021 17:00
Sud de France: Incredible white diversity on display

Tim Atkin MW has paid homage to huge breadth of white wine available across the Languedoc-Roussillon and the South West, even comparing its diversity to a South American wine cousin.

[www.suddefrancetop100.co.uk]

[www.harpers.co.uk]

John

Why It’s Time to Pay Attention to Ventoux
02 November 2021 13:34
Why It’s Time to Pay Attention to Ventoux

One of the coolest-climate—and most biodiverse—regions in the southern Rhône, this up-and-coming appellation is quietly undergoing a quality evolution

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

The French wine industry’s first ‘entreprise à mission’ is in Languedoc
11 November 2021 17:46
The French wine industry’s first ‘entreprise à mission’ is in Languedoc

BLB Vignobles, which is based at Domaine de la Jasse in Combaillaux North of Montpellier, claims to be the first ‘entreprise à mission in the French wine industry. “The Sociétés à Mission observatory has confirmed that no farmer has yet been awarded this title”, claims Morgane Le Breton, the company's marketing and communications manager. Although the wine merchant Ethic Drinks and investor platform Terra Hominis share the status, BLB Vignobles is the first ‘entreprise à mission’ from the vine through to the bottle. It won’t be the last, however, as AOC Ventoux has just written its mission statement, which is the first step to becoming an ‘entreprise à mission’.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

DOCUMENTAIRE. "Larzac, les champs du possible" : que reste-t-il de l'esprit Larzac aujourd'hui ?
09 December 2021 14:16
DOCUMENTAIRE. "Larzac, les champs du possible" : que reste-t-il de l'esprit Larzac aujourd'hui ?

Le documentaire nous raconte le quotidien d’une famille de jeunes paysans qui vient de s’installer dans le Larzac. Un lieu où un mode de gestion collectif inédit existe depuis 1981. Aujourd'hui et 50 ans après, que reste-t-il de cet héritage ?

[france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Mas Amiel | Holding all the aces in Maury
28 December 2021 13:21
Mas Amiel | Holding all the aces in Maury

The story of this domain, nestled at the foot of the Pyrenees, began in an unusual way: during a game of cards almost two centuries ago. Olivier Decelle now works on over 152 hectares of vines with his team. We were lucky enough to speak with Nicolas Raffy about this icon of the Maury appellation.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Domaines Paul Mas : le luxe rural
05 January 2022 18:04
Domaines Paul Mas : le luxe rural

Parmi les visionnaires qui ont participé au renouveau du vignoble du Languedoc, Jean-Claude Mas a fait le pari d’allier qualité des vins et de l’accueil.

[www.lepoint.fr]

John

Maison Lorgeril : le Languedoc-Roussillon prend de la hauteur
13 January 2022 18:25
Maison Lorgeril : le Languedoc-Roussillon prend de la hauteur

Le château de Pennautier est le berceau de l’un des négoces les plus qualitatifs de la région et une incontournable destination d’œnotourisme.

[www.lepoint.fr]

John

Pineau, beaujolais et pic-saint-loup en savoureuses petites lampées...
17 January 2022 13:13
Pineau, beaujolais et pic-saint-loup en savoureuses petites lampées…

- BOURGES. Ma Charentaise ... à moi a beaucoup apprécié ce pineau blanc à l'heure de l'apéritif. Bien frais mais pas glacé. Et surtout sans glaçon... Il est signé ABK6. Pour Abecassis... Le patronyme de Françis et de sa fille Élodie qui, avec quelque trois cent soixante dix hectares de vignes, sont aujourd'hui l'un des plus grands producteurs de cognacs. Car pour faire du pineau des Charentes il faut produire du cognac, ce dernier servant au mutage des moûts ! Ce mistelle charentais, présenté dans une jolie bouteille, issu du seul ugni blanc, est « produit, assemblé puis élevé en foudre de chêne français et mis en bouteille à la propriété ». Robe ensoleillée, jaune or, il est doté d'un nez riche de fragrances exotiques, de fruits confits, de figue fraîche, de zeste d'orange sanguine, de miel... Bouche énorme, soyeuse, alcoolisée juste ce qu'il faut pour donner à ce pineau un joli caractère. Dans les 18 euros.

[www.fou-rgeot-de-vin.com]

John

Gérard Bertrand showcases the potential of Languedoc’s ‘Grand Cru’ wine
27 January 2022 18:18
Gérard Bertrand showcases the potential of Languedoc’s ‘Grand Cru’ wine

Gérard Bertrand is pushing forward in his dream to create a Languedoc Grand Cru at his Clos d’Ora estate that can that can compete with the best wines in the world.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Domaine des Aurelles | The leading light of the Languedoc
03 February 2022 18:03
Domaine des Aurelles | The leading light of the Languedoc

Basile Saint Germain of Domaine des Aurelles produces a series of fine wines. His philosophy in the vineyard is one of meticulous attention to detail; his vinifications long and precise. We tell you more about this producer’s vision.

Alle wijnen van dit huis zijn juweeltjes. Goed aan de prijs. Maar één slok en je bent verloren.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

The Lesser Known Yet Reputable French Wine Region Of Irouleguy
08 March 2022 18:32
The Lesser Known Yet Reputable French Wine Region Of Irouleguy

I halted the car behind an older man and a younger woman—shepherd and shepherdess—as they herded a dozen sheep along a narrow road in the mountain village of Irouléguy. Home to 385 residents, this village name is the same as that of the surrounding small wine appellation—with just over one square mile (265 hectares) of vines. This hilly and wet wine country is visually reminiscent of Jurançon, Monbazillac, Champagne, Cahors—even California’s Santa Ynez hills.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen