Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Languedoc/Roussillon

Gepost door JohnCopier 
DOMAINE JONES VINEYARD COLLECTION
21 March 2022 13:26
DOMAINE JONES VINEYARD COLLECTION

I always enjoy tasting Katie’s Jones wines. For me she is one of the unsung heroes, or should I say heroines of the Languedoc, who first helped to put the coop of the village of Tuchan up in the Corbières hills on the map, and has subsequently developed her own wine estate with her husband Jean-Marc Astruc. Not only is she a talented winemaker, but she also has a sense of marketing that is second to none. And the Languedoc badly needs good marketing expertise. So I was delighted to taste her new range, Vineyard Collection, five wines made from small plots of old vines, around the village of Tuchan, as follows:

[www.rosemary-george-mw.com]#

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
ROSEMARY GEORGE MW, WINE WRITER IN LONDON AND THE SOUTH OF FRANCE.
20 April 2022 16:57

Rosemary George MW wine writer based in London and the South of France. Discover the new wines of the Languedoc and Roussillon with me.

[www.rosemary-george-mw.com]

John

Moët’s Provence property to be sustainable beacon for wine production
26 April 2022 12:48
Moët’s Provence property to be sustainable beacon for wine production

A Moët Hennessy property in Provence is putting everything in place to be a sustainable beacon for wine production – and the requirements are exhaustive.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Big Split in French Wine Region
17 May 2022 17:44
Big Split in French Wine Region

Fitou and Corbières are set to leave the Languedoc wine trade body over an ongoing spat.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Sarah McCleery: A hasty introduction to the the Roussillon wine region
02 June 2022 17:33
Sarah McCleery: A hasty introduction to the the Roussillon wine region

Set within a natural amphitheatre created by mountain ranges, the ancient Southern French wine region of Roussillon is a land of diverse wines made by a rising tide of pioneering winemakers keen on making their mark organically and sustainably. In this first part of a 2-part series Sarah McCleery travels to the region to discover first hand how the region is changing. In Part 2 she picks the wine estates that need to be on your radar. Here she gives an overview of what makes the Roussillon such an unique and special region.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Great Southern Whites: Rediscovering the Unique White Grapes of Southern France
14 June 2022 17:04
Great Southern Whites: Rediscovering the Unique White Grapes of Southern France

While today’s average drinkers of white wine are most likely to think of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, or Pinot Gris—and if more adventurous, Riesling, Furmint, or Assyrtiko—many other wine lovers are searching out new and unexplored varieties. The South of France, the stretch of the country that runs from Italy to Spain along the Mediterranean coast, can offer a range of largely unknown varieties with a long history that appeal to this commercial interest. Yet more importantly, a number of producers and viticultural researchers believe that these grapes are viable alternatives in the battle against drought and rising alcohol levels. Using local historic varieties is also a means of encouraging regional diversity and reducing global conformity.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

Vins de Provence Vintage 2021: An eventful year leading to a great crop
12 July 2022 12:10
Vins de Provence Vintage 2021: An eventful year leading to a great crop

As 2021 bottles hit shelves, a summary of the Vins de Provence harvest has been released.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

14 July 2022 17:29

Rosemary George MW wine writer based in London and the South of France. Discover the new wines of the Languedoc and Roussillon with me.

LANGUEDOC FLAVOURS IN SOUTH AFRICA

John

Languedoc-Roussillon wines | A south of France special
14 July 2022 17:33
Languedoc-Roussillon wines | A south of France special

The South of France is calling, and we’ve got a selection of wines from no less than 37 different appellations and IGPs, featuring estates such as Clos des Fées, Gauby, Montcalmès, Roc des Anges, Les Aurelles, and Mas Amiel.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

How Provence is set to take Louis Latour Agencies to the next level
28 August 2022 12:26
How Provence is set to take Louis Latour Agencies to the next level

The key challenge – and opportunity – for any leading wine importer and agency business is to ensure the range of producers it is working with are relevant for the needs and demands of their customers. It’s why Louis Latour Agencies has been able to build its impressive portfolio of producers from around the world. Here managing director, Will Oatley, gives an update on the company’s performance and why he is so pleased to welcome two premium Provence producers – Chateau des Demoiselles and Chateau Sainte-Roseline – to its growing stable.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Fitou In The South Of France Revives Its Image With Local Grape Carignan
31 August 2022 17:27
Fitou In The South Of France Revives Its Image With Local Grape Carignan

Fitou is a red wine region in the beautiful Languedoc in southern France. Fitou has all the power and body of a southern wine, but with today’s focus on freshness and fruit, the wines are better than ever. Maybe one reason is carignan, the grape that Fitou has made its figurehead.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Mas Gabriel - an update
05 September 2022 17:15
Mas Gabriel - an update

A tasting with Peter Core on a hot August morning in their cool tasting caveau. 2022 will be their 17th vintage.

John

Mas Cal Demoura | A Parisian’s adventure in the Languedoc
05 September 2022 17:41
Mas Cal Demoura | A Parisian’s adventure in the Languedoc

Having moved to the Terrasses du Larzac appellation 25 years ago, Isabelle & Vincent Goumard of domain Mas Cal Demoura produce outstanding terroir-driven wines. We take a closer look at this domain, one of the driving forces behind the current revolution of Languedoc wine.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Languedoc producers furious at ban on Vermentino
13 September 2022 11:59
Languedoc producers furious at ban on Vermentino

Languedoc wine producers have expressed their fury at a decision by the European Union to prevent them from using the grape name Vermentino on labels from this vintage.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Costières de Nîmes: in the Gard, on the Rhône, Influenced by the Sea
27 September 2022 13:13
Costières de Nîmes: in the Gard, on the Rhône, Influenced by the Sea

It’s useful to think of Costières de Nîmes as a ‘betweener.’ This appellation in the south of France, situated in the Gard département, borders the Rhône River and delta on its southern flank, and its proximity to Avignon and southern Rhône appellations makes it spiritually “Rhône,” as do its wines, which are often made and composed like southern Rhône blends.

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

Ventoux whites look to climb new heights
02 November 2022 18:14
Ventoux whites look to climb new heights

The Ventoux region – home to the one of the most recognisable landmarks of the Tour de France – is leaning into its white production as it unveils its plans for growth in the UK.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

New Grape Varieties for Provence
28 November 2022 18:15
New Grape Varieties for Provence

It's all change in France's south, while one Italian wine region is cautiously cheerful about global warming.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Languedoc winegrowers celebrate plentiful harvest
23 December 2022 13:39
Languedoc winegrowers celebrate plentiful harvest

Winemakers in the Languedoc have described the 2022 vintage as “very exciting,” despite the challenging conditions of this year.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

IGP Pays d’Oc: Behind the scenes of a 35 year French success story
05 January 2023 18:17
IGP Pays d’Oc: Behind the scenes of a 35 year French success story

Created in 1987, IGP Pays d’Oc is now France’s leading export designation by volume and it is hard to imagine the Languedoc-Roussillon without it. But when it was introduced there was uncertainty and caution about how well the wines would be received. Fast forward 35 years and the IGP Pays d’Oc has become a success story that other wine regions would love to emulate. Here we look at the big steps it has taken along the way.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

2022 Minervois harvest report
30 January 2023 14:30
2022 Minervois harvest report

Another year of variable and even extreme weather has passed us by in the Minervois. Each year has its own peculiarities and 2022 was no exception, marked by extremes of heat and dryness over the summer months. Somewhat akin to 2003, another hot and dry year that produced a fantastic vintage.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Rosemary George MW wine writer based in London and the South of France.
01 February 2023 10:46
Rosemary George MW wine writer based in London and the South of France.

Discover the new wines of the Languedoc and Roussillon with me.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen