Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

EU, UK, brexit.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Wine History Mystery: The Case of the Holy Bone Luge and the King’s Missing Arm
21 June 2021 15:03
Wine History Mystery: The Case of the Holy Bone Luge and the King’s Missing Arm

New research suggests that King Henry VI’s wild ride may not have ended with his death

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
The Poison Apple: Will New Privacy Policy Kill Email Marketing?
22 June 2021 17:13
The Poison Apple: Will New Privacy Policy Kill Email Marketing?

Marketers in general are reeling from Apple’s new digital privacy protections. Is Apple about to destroy email marketing as we know it?

Not necessarily, experts say. But it will change the way commercial email senders operate.

[www.mediapost.com]

John

Wine groups laud EU no-tariff resolution
23 June 2021 17:08
Wine groups laud EU no-tariff resolution

'Wine is a truly unique product and tariff free trade benefits our family wineries,' the groups say.

[www.farmprogress.com]

John

One in four adults in the EU don’t drink, new research finds
13 August 2021 17:14
One in four adults in the EU don’t drink, new research finds

As many as 26.2% of EU adults in 2019 had not consumed alcohol in the previous 12 months, according to drinks research by Eurostat.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Influential British wine critic Jancis Robinson sells her website, with plans to increase California focus
01 September 2021 17:26
Influential British wine critic Jancis Robinson sells her website, with plans to increase California focus

The fast-growing Recurrent Ventures adds JancisRobinson.com to a digital-media portfolio that also includes Saveur and Popular Science

[www.sfchronicle.com]

John

Re: Influential British wine critic Jancis Robinson sells her website, with plans to increase California focus
06 September 2021 16:58
Icons with feet on the ground

Jancis Robinson MW OBE has sold her website to Recurrent Media, a venture capital business. Robert Joseph looks back at the many years of work that led up to this sale – and sees surprising parallels between the British wine critic and a global rock icon.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Teething troubles for English Wine
27 September 2021 17:14
Teething troubles for English Wine

The vibrant young English wine industry has been hit by Post-Brexit and Covid costs, labour shortages and severe export hurdles. A rise in domestic sales has helped soften the blow. Barnaby Eales has the story.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

EU wine and spirits to provide nutritional information and ingredients via new standardized e-label
04 October 2021 17:28
EU wine and spirits to provide nutritional information and ingredients via new standardized e-label

The EU’s wine and spirits industries are together launching a new e-label platform: which will provide consumers with information on ingredients, nutrition information, responsible drinking guidelines and sustainability.

[www.beveragedaily.com]

John

How the EU’s Geographical Indications scheme helps foster economic development in rural areas
22 November 2021 14:07
How the EU’s Geographical Indications scheme helps foster economic development in rural areas

Products associated with specific locations in Europe, such as Roquefort and Parma ham, are protected under the EU’s ‘Geographical Indications’ scheme. This ensures these products can only be legally sold if they are produced in specified areas. As Riccardo Crescenzi, Fabrizio De Filippis, Mara Giua and Cristina Vaquero-Piñeiro write, Geographical Indications play a vital role for local development in rural areas with limited public expenditure. They provide protection against reproduction elsewhere, facilitate an upward effect on pricing and quality reputation, and improve demographic trends and sectoral re-composition.

[blogs.lse.ac.uk]

John

Droits d’accise 2021 - Pays de l'Union Européenne.
03 December 2021 13:57

L'Etat français, ce n'est pas une surprise, à la main lourde en matière de taxes. Mais détrompez vous il y a pire en Europe de l'ouest en général et au coeur de l' Union Européenne en particulier. Contrairement aux préconisations d'harmonisation des droits d'accises, aucuns pays mis à part la Bulgarie ne respecte le taux "préconisé" par l'UE, avoisinant les 550€ par hectolitre d'alcool pur. Source : EUROPEAN COMMISSION DIRECTORATE-GENERAL TAXATION AND CUSTOMS UNION Indirect Taxation and Tax administration Indirect taxes other than VAT.

[www.spiritueuxmagazine.com]

John

Re: Droits d’accise 2021 - Pays de l'Union Européenne.
03 December 2021 13:59

[www.spiritueuxmagazine.com]

John

ROSEMARY GEORGE MW, WINE WRITER IN LONDON AND THE SOUTH OF FRANCE.
09 December 2021 14:01

Rosemary George MW wine writer based in London and the South of France. Discover the new wines of the Languedoc and Roussillon with me.

[www.rosemary-george-mw.com]

John

Majestic Wine pulls out of Calais due to Brexit booze rules
14 December 2021 12:51
Majestic Wine pulls out of Calais due to Brexit booze rules

Majestic is to close its two Calais stores today (13 December), as changes to the duty-free alcohol allowance brought about by Brexit weigh on the economics of the business.

John

Ding dong, the VI-1 is gone!
20 December 2021 12:50
Ding dong, the VI-1 is gone!

Champagne corks will be popping after the Houses Parliament approved the legislation that will axe the much hated VI-1 forms in the UK – just over two weeks before they were due to come into effect.

John

22 December 2021 12:54

Rosemary George MW wine writer based in London and the South of France. Discover the new wines of the Languedoc and Roussillon with me.

[www.rosemary-george-mw.com]

John

Re: ROSEMARY GEORGE MW, WINE WRITER IN LONDON AND THE SOUTH OF FRANCE.
22 December 2021 13:22
How Languedoc Wine Camp brought focus to the region

How do you market Languedoc wine to a global audience when the region is larger, more diverse and complex than many entire countries? This was the task set for Marion Oury whose solution was Languedoc Wine Camp, a series of immersive two-day experiences which allowed wine professionals to experience the region like it has never done before. Oury, the marketing digital and communications director for the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins du Languedoc (CIVL) also had to ensure the events delivered Languedoc’s newly-created brand positioning. Peter Dean got the story.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

The Noise And The Reality
05 January 2022 18:08
The Noise And The Reality

So much coverage of Brexit has been noise about symbols. Brexiteers obsessed over a return to “blue” British passports and an end to the “humiliation” of Burgundy-coloured ones. In fact, as those of us of a certain vintage recall, the old ones were more-or-less black, and in a completely different format to the new “blue” (black) passports.

[timatkin.com]

John

Why is alcohol thought to be relaxing? Victorian and Edwardian explorers might hold the clue
17 January 2022 18:00
Why is alcohol thought to be relaxing? Victorian and Edwardian explorers might hold the clue

After a long, stressful day, I often find myself sitting down with a bottle of beer or a glass of wine. Such rituals are a sign that the working day is over and that the time for fun and relaxation is here. The problem is that drinking in this way doesn’t work over time. Regular (and excessive) drinking is associated with depression and poor sleep and research shows it may also increase anxiety levels in the long term.

[theconversation.com]

John

Russian Invasion Prompts EU Wine Worries
02 March 2022 18:15
Russian Invasion Prompts EU Wine Worries

War understandably overshadows the news this week, but there is also Burgundy, Tinder and Patagonia to think about.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

European Union, Russia March 1 2022
03 March 2022 14:48
European Union, Russia March 1 2022

New Russian legislation on geographical indications forces importers of Champagne to relabel their products as “sparkling wine”.

Russia takes over Champagne and Cognac: Has intellectual property become a geopolitical battlefield?

[www.lexology.com]

John

Russian buyers blocked from Barcelona
09 March 2022 17:50
Russian buyers blocked from Barcelona

Twelve Russian wine buyers have been banned from attending the forthcoming Spanish wine fair, Barcelona Wine Week (BWW).

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Sussex wines join Champagne and Prosecco in legal protection
17 June 2022 17:36
Sussex wines join Champagne and Prosecco in legal protection

Still and sparkling wines produced in East and West Sussex have been added to the list of products given geographically protected status.

[www.bbc.com]

John

Want to Visit a Cool Wine Region? Think Wales
27 June 2022 17:25
Want to Visit a Cool Wine Region? Think Wales

Vintners in the tiny country are finding success among the vines

[pix.wine]

John

Wine Labelling: A New EU Regulation Is Coming Into Force in 2023
23 August 2022 12:07
Wine Labelling: A New EU Regulation Is Coming Into Force in 2023

The EU reform of Common Agricultural Policy (the CAP), published on 6 December 2021, will enter into force on 1 January 2023. Such reform consists of a number of changes to the existing regulations. These changes may have flow-on effects with other consumer markets.

[www.natlawreview.com]

John

Hamburg now key transhipment point and overseer of EU's wine imports
27 August 2022 12:44
Hamburg now key transhipment point and overseer of EU's wine imports

Customs and Institute for Hygiene tracking down fraudulent wine to protect consumers

[hamburg-news.hamburg]

John

English wine: then and now
19 September 2022 13:14
English wine: then and now

Picture the scene. I had just started writing about wine for the Independent newspaper, itself a latecomer to Fleet Street (ok City Road) in 1986. Wine in those days was all about what the editor liked to call ‘the three Bs’, that is, Bordeaux, Burgundy and Beaujolais. English wine was a faraway wine country of which we knew little, but there was an atavistic feeling at the newspaper that, even at the risk of derision from our readership, perhaps we should do the occasional piece on, whisper it quietly, English wine.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Nyetimber predicts record-breaking UK sparkling crop in 2022
27 September 2022 13:20
Nyetimber predicts record-breaking UK sparkling crop in 2022

Sparkling wine brand Nyetimber is poised to harvest a record area of vines – 325 hectares – to produce well over one million bottles of fizz from vintage 2022.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Michel Chapoutier makes surprising suggestion for potential English wine project
18 October 2022 13:01
Michel Chapoutier makes surprising suggestion for potential English wine project

Top French winemaker Michel Chapoutier said he would not rule out planting vines in UK soil at a tasting in London yesterday – but his choice of grape variety and location came as a surprise to the attendees.

John

The European framework law on sustainability on its way before the end of 2023
28 November 2022 17:55
The European framework law on sustainability on its way before the end of 2023

“A European framework law will be adopted by the end of 2023 to define sustainability in terms of legislation. It will have to clarify what sustainability is, how it is measured, what the criteria and minimum requirements for marketing are,” head of the wine unit of the DG for Agriculture of the European Commission, Mauro Poinelli said at SIMEI.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen