Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Burgundy

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The Rise of Burgundy's Other White Wine
19 November 2020 18:22
The Rise of Burgundy's Other White Wine

Chardonnay has long dominated in Burgundy, but local vignerons are now promoting Aligoté, too.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Chablis et le grand Auxerrois
30 November 2020 11:22
Chablis et le grand Auxerrois

Les paysages sont magnifiques entre vallées, plateaux et collines… c’est un archipel de petits vignobles (Joigny, Saint-Bris, Vézelay, Irancy, Epineuil) couronnant un roi, Chablis, dont les vignes épousent toutes les expositions.

[blog.le-bourguignon.fr]

John

Prices of red Burgundy boosted by a surge in white wine production
02 December 2020 18:11
Prices of red Burgundy boosted by a surge in white wine production

Over the past few weeks, prices of Pinot noir labelled under the regional Burgundy appellation have soared by 30%. “A distinction should be made between the generic Burgundy appellation which has gone from 900 to 1,200 euros a cask and AOC Burgundy Côte d'Or, which is doing very well, and has risen from 1,100 to 1,200 euros a cask”, reports Jérôme Prince, chairman of the greater Burgundy wine and spirit brokers’ association. With this year’s red wine crop below par in terms of volume, the surge in prices is due both to properties hanging on to their wines and negociants trying to cover their needs.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

MENETOU-SALON AND THE SAGA OF JACQUES COEUR
07 December 2020 17:42
MENETOU-SALON AND THE SAGA OF JACQUES COEUR

The alchemist. He who makes something out of nothing: taking scraps of metal and creating gold. One of the most renowned French merchants and political benefactors, Jacques Coeur, was not only an investor and businessman but was also rumored to have partaken in the tomfoolery of alchemy. We now know that if these claims were true, that this man, seen as an early emblem of French mercantile prowess, whose visage was briefly portrayed on the 50 franc bill, was in fact a counterfeiter, a charlatan, a fraud, a fake, a deceit-- okay, you get the picture.

[grapecollective.com]

John

HOSPICES DE BEAUNE FOUNDER’S TOMB RE-DISCOVERED
07 December 2020 18:09
HOSPICES DE BEAUNE FOUNDER’S TOMB RE-DISCOVERED

The tomb and remains of Nicolas Rolin, the founder of the Hospices de Beaune, have apparently been re-discovered in Autun.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Is Burgundy hot or not?
16 December 2020 18:13
Is Burgundy hot or not?

This weekend’s Hospices de Beaune auction saw buying records smashed, and a result that was the second best in the event’s history. But, elsewhere, the price of Burgundy is falling. What’s going on? Felicity Carter takes a look.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

2019 vintage Burgundy report: the best year since 1865?
29 December 2020 18:10
2019 vintage Burgundy report: the best year since 1865?

Growers believe last year’s crop might break all records

[www.ft.com]

John

Thieves pelt French police with Burgundy wine in motorway chase
07 January 2021 18:24
Thieves pelt French police with Burgundy wine in motorway chase

Burglars made off with €350,000 of prestigious bottles from luxury hotel

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Re: Thieves pelt French police with Burgundy wine in motorway chase
08 January 2021 18:14
Het vreemde is dat ik er in de Franse kranten niets over heb gelezen. Zou het wel waar zijn? Waarschijnlijk een opname van een film. grinning smiley

[kaleistyleguide.com]

John

Why Clos du Rois is a case for upgrading Coulanges-la-Vineuse
12 January 2021 18:13
Why Clos du Rois is a case for upgrading Coulanges-la-Vineuse

Will Coulanges-la-Vineuse, one of Burgundy’s lesser-known appellations, be getting a designation upgrade in the same way that Pouilly-Fuissé has in the south? LM Archer thinks so, especially given the quality exhibited by the wines of Domaine du Clos du Roi that sometimes blend Pinot Noir with ancient grape variety César. There is even one Pinot Noir that is non-vintage and is made by blending at least three different vintages together in one cuvée.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Nic Clerc: how Bourgogne’s “Regional appellations are a genuine steal”
12 January 2021 18:15
Nic Clerc: how Bourgogne’s “Regional appellations are a genuine steal”

Against all the odds, a solitary one-man Armit team has been visiting its vignerons to bring us insight direct from Burgundy. Nicolas Clerc MS was in the fortuitous position of holidaying in France and, by a stroke of luck and timing, was able to make that crucial diversion to the Route des Grands Crus. Having tasted a comprehensive range of Burgundy 2019, Clerc brings us the inside view into what is proving to be one of the most singular vintages that Burgundy has experienced in recent decades.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

The dry truth of drought in Burgundy
14 January 2021 13:43
Long Read: The dry truth of drought in Burgundy

As if 2020 wasn’t bad enough, France faced a drought so bad that water restrictions were put in place. Nowhere was the lack of water felt more keenly than in Burgundy, where irrigation is illegal.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

MATROT BURGUNDY: IN THE SIXTH GENERATION, DAUGHTERS TAKE CHARGE
19 January 2021 18:26
MATROT BURGUNDY: IN THE SIXTH GENERATION, DAUGHTERS TAKE CHARGE

We have always had a special fondness for Burgundy and from our correspondence over the years with readers, it’s clear we’re in good company. Burgundy lovers and people wild about Riesling -- sometimes the same folks -- are renowned for their fervor.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Australian winemaker hits her stride in heart of Burgundy
19 January 2021 18:29
Australian winemaker hits her stride in heart of Burgundy

Jane Eyre readily admits that while working as a hairdresser in Melbourne over 20 years ago, "I probably drank more gin and tonic" - but a flair for coaxing top-notch wines from storied Burgundy vines has propelled her into the French wine firmament.

[www.globaltimes.cn]

John

The 2019 wines from Burgundy have received plaudits from across the trade and while demand is expected to be high, there isn’t much to go round.

It was a complex growing season in Burgundy in 2019, the flowering was uneven due to a sudden cold snap and there were intensely hot spikes during the summer all of which conspired to severely limit volumes right across the region.

John

Burgundy Hails a Great 2019 Vintage
25 January 2021 18:23
Burgundy Hails a Great 2019 Vintage

Producers are bullish about the vintage and the hype might not be undeserved.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Crisis-resistant Sancerre winery poised to welcome new members
27 January 2021 13:47
Crisis-resistant Sancerre winery poised to welcome new members

There is a well-known saying in the world of co-operative wineries: when the going is good, everyone tends to go it alone, but when the going gets tough, collaboration is the name of the game. The Sancerre co-operative winery, the leading player in a region particularly hard hit by additional duties in the American market (45% of exports) and the health crisis that has shut down the all-important hospitality industry, is a case in point. “We now feel that people are looking towards us as an economic and marketing solution”, says Christophe Mangeart, managing director of the Cave des Vins de Sancerre.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Les appellations des vins de Bourgogne
23 February 2021 17:58
Les appellations des vins de Bourgogne

Les appellations Bourguignonnes

C’est en 1861 que tout commence …

[blog.le-bourguignon.fr]

John

PRÉSENTATION DES VINS DE CÔTE-RÔTIE
01 March 2021 13:44
PRÉSENTATION DES VINS DE CÔTE-RÔTIE

Les Vins de Côte-Rôtie sont à parts dans le vignobles de la Vallée du Rhône. En effet, l’appellation Côte-Rôtie est la plus ancienne de la Vallée du Rhône. Certain parle même du “site originel de la culture de la vigne en Gaule”. À quelques kilomètres au sud de Vienne, la vigne s’accroche aux pentes très abruptes de la Côte Brune et de la Côte Blonde, orientées sud / sud-est de la rive droite du Rhône. On compte plus de 230 hectares de la rive droite du Rhône. Un vignoble historique, le plus ancien et le plus septentrional de l’ensemble des Côtes-du-Rhône...

[www.comptoirdesmillesimes.com]

John

Chablis
02 March 2021 10:09
Chablis

Les vins de Chablis sont d’une grande notoriété !

[blog.le-bourguignon.fr]

John

A guide to the wines of Burgundy: what on earth is a climat?
24 February 2021 20:00
A guide to the wines of Burgundy: what on earth is a climat?

Since July 2015, the Climats de Bourgogne has been inscribed to the UNESCO World Heritage List. But what on earth is a climat? And why do they deserve to be a UNESCO protected sites?

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Re: A guide to the wines of Burgundy: what on earth is a climat?
02 March 2021 18:33
New Burgundy Level Adds to the Chaos

Will another layer of Burgundy add clarity or confusion? Michelle Williams asks.

Despite the pandemic and tariffs, Burgundy dumbfounds expectations.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Burgundy’s Hospices De Nuits-Saint-Georges Wine Auction Is Amplifying Its Renown
12 March 2021 10:05
Burgundy’s Hospices De Nuits-Saint-Georges Wine Auction Is Amplifying Its Renown

The 60th anniversary of the Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges Wine Auction takes place this Sunday, March 14, in the Burgundy region of France.

The event will take place at 2:30 p.m. within the grand cellar of Château du Clos de Vougeot, and will be streamed live. (Traditional candle lit sales will no longer take place, due to delays this caused in the past.)

[www.forbes.com]

John

What is a Négociant-Éleveur? Burgundy’s Biggest Producers Reclaim a Once-Maligned Title
15 March 2021 18:25
What is a Négociant-Éleveur? Burgundy’s Biggest Producers Reclaim a Once-Maligned Title

Traditionally, négociants were merchants who didn’t own or farm vineyards. They bought wines from small farmers and then blended, matured and sold them under their own names.

Until the 1970s, this was the principal business model of Burgundy, and it often represented the only route to market for peasant growers. Bigger growers had bottled and sold their own wines for a while.

[www.winemag.com]

John

60th Hospices de Nuits auction yields record results
18 March 2021 18:15
60th Hospices de Nuits auction yields record results

The 60th annual Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges auction, held on Sunday 14 March at Château du Clos-de-Vougeot in Burgundy, yielded record results.

John

Work begins on ground-breaking Cités du Vins projects
22 March 2021 18:16
Work begins on ground-breaking Cités du Vins projects

Work is now underway to lay the foundations of three entirely new cultural and tourism-related wine centres across Burgundy with the site in Beaune now officially underway.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Burgundy wines buck general downward trend
24 March 2021 17:59
Burgundy wines buck general downward trend

Despite the ongoing crisis, Burgundy wines showed sustained export volume growth in 2020, with consignments in excess of 90 million equivalent 75 cl bottles, up 0.8% on 2019.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Provence and Burgundy only French regions to increase exports during 2020
24 March 2021 18:02
Provence and Burgundy only French regions to increase exports during 2020

Provence has outstripped every other French region in terms of exports last year.

[app.vinex.market]

John

La Maison des Sancerre rouvrira le 29 mars...
29 March 2021 12:09
La Maison des Sancerre rouvrira le 29 mars...

- SANCERRE. La Maison des Sancerre va rouvrir le lundi 29 mars et pourra à nouveau accueillir les visiteurs dans son espace information et sa boutique dédiées au vignoble de Sancerre dans une configuration adaptée au contexte sanitaire.

[www.fou-rgeot-de-vin.com]

John

20 rootstocks for tomorrow’s vineyards in Burgundy
07 May 2021 17:25
20 rootstocks for tomorrow’s vineyards in Burgundy

Which rootstocks are best suited to Burgundy vineyards for the next 50 years? In a recently published guide, this was the question the marketing board attempted to provide answers to.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen