Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Burgundy

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Record sales for Burgundy’s Hospices de Nuits 2022 auction
23 March 2022 18:21
Record sales for Burgundy’s Hospices de Nuits 2022 auction

Demand for 2021-vintage wines has sent this year’s Hospices de Nuits-St-Georges auction to new heights, following a strong year for Burgundy on the market.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Burgundy Wine Auction Highlights Vintage 2021 As A Winner
28 March 2022 18:04
Burgundy Wine Auction Highlights Vintage 2021 As A Winner

The 2021 Côte de Nuits vintage from Burgundy is scant in quantity, but includes precious and subtle qualities.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Bourgogne warns of challenges in the year ahead
30 March 2022 17:17
Bourgogne warns of challenges in the year ahead

Bourgogne Wines has warned of a tough year ahead, after transactions fell 34% in the first half of the 2021-22 campaign due to low yeilds, despite record revenues 2021.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

In Chablis vineyards, fear grows that destructive frosts may become the norm
05 April 2022 17:21
In Chablis vineyards, fear grows that destructive frosts may become the norm

For French winemaker Thomas Ventoura, the spring frost that hit the Chablis vineyards of northeast Burgundy over the weekend has a bitter taste of déjà-vu. in the context of climate change," said Mathilde Civet, 25, a viticulture adviser to the Chambre d'Agriculture in Yonne, the local representative body for the farming sector.

[www.devdiscourse.com]

John

Environmental Champions: Chablis and Beyond
15 April 2022 17:36
Environmental Champions: Chablis and Beyond

“Climate is the biggest concern of our generation. We have 60 years to make a difference—after that, we cannot go back,” says Marine Descombe of Domaine Passy Le Clou. She is one of a number of young wine producers in and around Burgundy’s northern Chablis region in the growing movement to make environmental stewardship a priority.

[www.forbes.com]

John

This is why Burgundy is going to get even pricier
10 May 2022 17:35
This is why Burgundy is going to get even pricier

Variable yields due to climatic extremes are making Burgundy even more costly to produce, affecting prices at both ends of the quality pyramid, according to Frédéric Drouhin.

John

The Enduring Appeal of Buttery Chardonnay
17 May 2022 17:19
The Enduring Appeal of Buttery Chardonnay

Rich, decadent styles of Chardonnay are still as popular as ever with drinkers

[www.pix.wine]

John

Bourgogne Grapples With Fighting Frost Without Producing Emissions
26 May 2022 12:56
Bourgogne Grapples With Fighting Frost Without Producing Emissions

It was late afternoon on April’s first Sunday in Bourgogne. Cold. Overcast. Fierce winds driving the chill into my bones.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Searching for Burgundy's Next Grands Crus
14 June 2022 17:10
Searching for Burgundy's Next Grands Crus

With climate heating up grand cru vineyards in Burgundy, will the once-ignored Hautes-Côtes regions come into their own?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Pommard: Burgundy's Next Big Thing
24 June 2022 11:55
Pommard: Burgundy's Next Big Thing

As Burgundy Grand Cru becomes less affordable, a less-heralded village is picking up the slack.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Chardonnay, the chameleon grape
24 June 2022 11:56
Chardonnay, the chameleon grape

Chardonnay’s chameleon character – the manifold ways in which it changes and adapts to different climates, soil types and winemaking techniques – is a well-worn cliché. And, like most clichés, it has a great deal of substance to it, responding to everything from the planet’s changing climate to shifting consumer trends.

John

Bourgogne Cote d’Or & Louis Jadot: Bourgogne Hidden Gems
27 June 2022 17:43
Bourgogne Cote d’Or & Louis Jadot: Bourgogne Hidden Gems

We continue our series, in partnership with the Bourgogne Wine Board, exploring the ‘Hidden Gems’ of the region by taking a close at the Bourgogne Côte d’Or which stretches across 40 villages offering a diverse range of quality red and white wines. Here Libby Zietsman-Brodie talks to Frédéric Barnier, head winemaker at Louis Jadot, one of the most influential producers for all the region, about what he thinks it is about the Bourgogne Côte d’Or that makes such special wines.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Hidden Gem: Discovering Bourgogne Coulanges-la-Vineuse
05 August 2022 12:19
Hidden Gem: Discovering Bourgogne Coulanges-la-Vineuse

Magali Bernard talks to Libby Zietsman-Brodie about how Domaine du Clos du Roi benefits from the unique wine growing and climate conditions of Coulanges-la-Vineuse as part of our Hidden Gems series with the Bourgogne Wine Board (BIVcool smiley to look at the role its different AOCs play in producing a diverse range of wines from Bourgogne. She also explains how she works with old indigenous varietals such as César.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

A Burgundian ode to joy
05 August 2022 12:29
A Burgundian ode to joy

Hosted at venues from Clos Vougeot to Saint Vivant, the Festival de la Musique et du Vin is an uplifting affair, says Nina Caplan – and the perfect backdrop to a similarly life-affirming story of a famous Burgundian name reborn

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Louis-Fabrice Latour, President of Burgundy's Maison Louis Latour, Dies at 58
10 September 2022 08:18
Louis-Fabrice Latour, President of Burgundy's Maison Louis Latour, Dies at 58

The 11th generation to lead the prominent négociant, Latour expanded operations while improving quality

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Re: Louis-Fabrice Latour, President of Burgundy's Maison Louis Latour, Dies at 58
10 September 2022 08:47
Louis-Fabrice Latour: Obituary

Louis-Fabrice Latour, the tireless head of Burgundy négociant Maison Louis Latour, passed away from cancer on 5 September 2022 at the age of 58.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Hospices de Beaune to stage ‘one of the largest offerings in History’
04 November 2022 13:07
Hospices de Beaune to stage ‘one of the largest offerings in History’

The 162nd edition of the annual Hospices de Beaune wine sale on November 20 will present a total of 51 different cuvées of the 2022 vintage produced from vineyards across the Hospices’ 60-hectare holdings, now in its second year of organic conversion, making it one of the largest ever offerings in the history of the auction, says Sotheby’s in a press release.

[vino-joy.com]

John

Re: Hospices de Beaune to stage ‘one of the largest offerings in History’
04 November 2022 13:09
Hospices de Beaune brengen hulde aan wijlen Louis-Fabrice Latour

De 162e editie van de jaarlijkse wijnverkoop van Hospices de Beaune op zondag 20 november presenteert in totaal 51 verschillende cuvées van het wijnjaar 2022, geproduceerd uit wijngaarden op de 60 hectare grote bedrijven van de Hospices, nu in het tweede jaar van biologische conversie.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Constrained growing cycles create unforeseen issues in Burgundy. But for families who have been growing there for centuries, it’s just another day’s work.

Thanks to everyone who came out this year to make the Boulder Burgundy Festival 2022 such a great event!

[dobianchi.com]

John

Burgundy has a new appellation for white wines: AOP Vézelay
28 November 2022 13:24
Burgundy has a new appellation for white wines: AOP Vézelay

New appellations don’t often appear in France. But sometimes, it happens. (Modifying existing ones happens more often.) On October 14, Vézelay in northern Burgundy became an Appellation d’Origine Protégée (AOP).

[www.bkwine.com]

John

Parts of Pouilly-Loché and Pouilly-Vinzelles set to obtain premier cru status
28 November 2022 18:12
Parts of Pouilly-Loché and Pouilly-Vinzelles set to obtain premier cru status

Four ‘climats’ within the Pouilly-Loché and Pouilly-Vinzelles appellations in Burgundy’s Mâcon region are set to be designated premier cru starting with the 2024 vintage, industry sources have said.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Burgundy's Hospices de Beaune Charity Auction Hits a $32 Million Record
30 November 2022 18:11
Burgundy's Hospices de Beaune Charity Auction Hits a $32 Million Record

Thanks to enthusiasm over the 2022 vintage, 802 barrels of Burgundy raised the event’s highest total in 162 years

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Beaune: paradise for Burgundy wine lovers
23 January 2023 12:43
Beaune: paradise for Burgundy wine lovers

The enigmatic and elegant town of Beaune in the eastern France department of Côte d’Or is often described as the wine capital of Burgundy. A small, historic town, it is brimming over with many of the most renowned Burgundian producers – Patriarche Père et Fils, Maison Louis Jadot, Bouchard, Maison Joseph Drouhin, to name but a few.

[tasteoffrancemag.com]

John

How Romanée-Conti 2020 captures the ‘soul’ of the vintage
13 February 2023 14:01
How Romanée-Conti 2020 captures the ‘soul’ of the vintage

The first unveiling of the finished Romanée-Conti 2020 wines took place in London last Thursday – an event that rivals Christmas for importance to most wine critics, and an event that engenders such FOMO that lucky invitees to Corney & Barrow HQ are forbidden to post images or mention the event before it happens. 2020 was the hottest vintage in Burgundy and the reds, in particular, can be hit and miss – so how did team Fenal and de Villaine do? Peter Dean went along to find out.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen