Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Loire

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Forgotten Grape Revived in the Loire
11 April 2022 17:33
Forgotten Grape Revived in the Loire

Old vines, new records and shady dealings dominate this week's news round-up.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Loire 2021 red wines: vintage report and new releases
27 May 2022 16:58
Loire 2021 red wines: vintage report and new releases

Jim Budd reports on 'the most difficult vintage since 2013,' which sees the Loire's red wines return to 'a fresher, more traditional style'. See his top 31 wines, from 2021 and 2020, to drink now.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Far Upstream, Discover the Regions Left Off the Loire Valley Wine Map
06 July 2022 17:12
Far Upstream, Discover the Regions Left Off the Loire Valley Wine Map

Four little-known appellations have come together to form the Loire Volcanique association, bringing attention to this long undervalued winegrowing area

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

First impressions of the Loire: Justin Keay visits the region for the first time
01 August 2022 17:11
First impressions of the Loire: Justin Keay visits the region for the first time

To what extent is the Loire a cohesive wine region? This was one of the key questions Justin Keay kept asking himself on his very first visit to the region. A blindspot in terms of actually visiting the area, Keay was armed with some knowledge and preconceptions when he travelled through the region earlier this year, but found plenty new to discover in terms of appellations, grapes and wine styles. Click here for his first impressions.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Central Loire harvest delivers volume and ‘fantastic’ quality
24 November 2022 18:03
Central Loire harvest delivers volume and ‘fantastic’ quality

Centre-Loire producers are touting the 2022 vintage as “maybe the best in 30 years”, according to Francois Dal of the BIVC’s (Bureau Interprofessionnel des Vins du Centre) technical arm, SICAVAC.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Re: Central Loire harvest delivers volume and ‘fantastic’ quality
24 November 2022 18:12
Cabernet Franc: A Local Hero In the Loire Valley

Cabernet Franc has long taken a back seat to its dazzling offspring, Cabernet Sauvignon. So wildly successful has the latter become that for most of the wine-drinking public, the name Cabernet simply means Cabernet Sauvignon. Does anyone know, or even care, about the “other” Cabernet? Globally, it’s barely visible. And in its Loire Valley heartland, Cabernet Franc has suffered from a reputation for green character, unripe tannin, and lean leafiness for as long as anyone can remember, struggling to find an identity beyond these attributes. But a greater understanding of how to get the best out of this sensitive variety has led to radical advances in quality. In a world where ripeness is easy to come by, but freshness and balance less so, Cabernet Franc is coming into its own. Properly handled, it produces sublimely fragrant and graceful wines that can appeal within a year of bottling and age for a decade or more. With a string of warm, successful vintages under its svelte belt, perhaps Loire Valley Cabernet Franc’s moment in the sun has finally arrived.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

The goat’s cheeses of Centre-Val de Loire
26 November 2022 10:40
The goat’s cheeses of Centre-Val de Loire

If goat’s cheese is your go-to when the cheeseboard is passed round, then you may want to add Centre-Val de Loire to your list of must-visit destinations in France.

With 650 farms boasting five AOP (Appellation d’Origine Protégée) varieties between them, it is the place to go to for traditionally made artisanal cheese. Some 90,000 goats (Alpine, Saanen and Poitou breeds) produce the milk for the cheese, 40% of which is made on the farm.

[tasteoffrancemag.com]

John

Four new premier cru climats in Pouilly-Loché and Pouilly-Vinzelles will help “raise profile of all Mâconnais wines”

The recognition of four new premier cru climats in Pouilly-Loché and Pouilly-Vinzelles in the Mâcon in the next 18 months, will help raise the profile of all Mâconnais wines, one producer has told the drinks business.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

New sustainability roadmap unveiled for Centre-Loire producers
07 February 2023 13:51
New sustainability roadmap unveiled for Centre-Loire producers

The Bureau Interprofessionnel des Vins du Centre (BIVC), with help from its technical arm (SICAVAC) and other Centre-Loire representative bodies, has published a new environmental charter.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen