Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Loire

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Loire
14 November 2019 18:12
How the Loire’s small producers are championing sustainability

Winemakers in the ‘Garden of France’ are championing sustainable practices, despite the threat of an unpredictable climate.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 30/11/2019 12:46 door JohnCopier.
If That Sauvignon Blanc Smells Skunky, Here’s Why
29 October 2019 18:12
Sauvignon Blanc’s classic aroma lends itself to multiple descriptors, from asparagus to boxwood to urine-stained kitty litter. Organically, Thiols (also known as mercaptans) are the source of the aromas. Thiols are also the source of what makes a skunk’s spray smell the way it does.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Muscadet: The “Beige Suit” of the Wine World
06 September 2019 17:48
As a wine lover, chances are that you are familiar with the more popular white wines of the Loire Valley. These include Sauvignon Blanc and Chenin Blanc.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Historical Savennières
13 August 2019 17:15
Savennières is a historic pocket of the Loire Valley which produces high-quality, distinctive, age-worthy wines made solely from chenin blanc.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Re: Historical Savennières
14 August 2019 17:32
Mooie wijnen!
Lang niet gedronken zeg.
16 August 2019 11:59
Ik ga eens in mijn reisverslagen kijken. Ik ben daar in 2003 geweest. Een paar jaar wijnen uit Savennières in huis gehad. Waarom gestopt? Goed, ons komt er op terug!

John

17 August 2019 11:27
Jammer dat we het oude wijnprikbord niet meer kunnen raadplegen. Over mijn wijnreis in 2003 langs la Loire heb ik een reisverslag geschreven en geplaatst. Onder de strenge blikken van Honoré Balzac, in het proeflokaal van een wijnboer aan de Loire, hebben wij verhalen opgehaald en wijnen gedronken uit de oorlogsjaren. Wijnen die generaties opgeslagen lagen in grotten aan de oever van de Loire. Maar ik weet toch verd... niet meer welk domaine dit was. Kan in Savennières of het nabij gelegen Roche-aux-Moines gelegen hebben. Dat was nog eens een bezoek. Het is wel een indrukwekkend lijstje geworden. Allemaal witte wijnen met een score van 88 to 92 punten. Hebben wij dik een week over gedaan. Wij sliepen toen in een golfhotel aan de andere kant van de Loire. Wat stond die Loire toen laag. Hier en daar een plasje.

Domaine du Closel
Domaine Ogereau
Domaine Éric Morgat
Bernard Merlet
Domaine Laureau
Domaine des Forges
Château d'Épiré
Domaine des Beaumard
Château de la Mulonnière
Domaine du Petit Métris

En uit Roche-aux-Moines,
Château Pierre Bise
Château de Chamboureau
Domaine aux Moines

Maar de aller mooiste wijn hebben wij in Quarts-de-Chaume bij Domaine Jo Pithon gedronken. Was toen al aan de prijs en zal nu zeker dik boven de 100 euries per fles af Domaine liggen. Ik heb ergens gelezen dat het Domaine verkocht is. Er gaat helaas geen lichtje branden welk van bovengenoemde huizen een proeflokaal heeft, bewaakt met de doordringende ogen van Honoré Balzac. Ik weet nog wel dat wij er gelijktijdig waren met een groot gezelschap uit Duitsland. In de oorlog moesten ze de wijnen verbergen in de grotten in doodlopende gangen die dichtgemetseld waren maar tijdens ons bezoek werd er levendig handel gedreven, Het kan verkeren. Geld maakt net als druk alles vloeibaar.

John

Chablis (1 t/m 13) an overview
03 May 2019 14:35
I’m in Chablis, and it’s very exciting, because this is my first time here. I know: I should have been here before, but even though it’s slightly embarrassing, it’s a thrill to finally see what I have read so much about. I’m in an accelerated period of learning, visiting lots of producers and walking vineyards, and over the next few weeks I’ll share all I’ve learned here, with lots of pictures and videos. But first, here’s a bit of background on the region.

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

6 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 12/07/2019 11:00 door JohnCopier.
Re: Chablis (1) an overview
03 May 2019 15:54
Chablis (2) the soils

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

03 May 2019 17:13
Chablis (3) fighting frost

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

03 May 2019 17:14
Chablis (4) the Balade Gourmande (film)

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

03 May 2019 17:15
Chablis (5) Domaine Pattes Loup with Thomas Pico

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

03 May 2019 17:16
Chablis (6) Domaine Louis Michel

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

06 May 2019 10:23
Chablis (7) Domaine Louis Moreau

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

06 May 2019 10:27
Chablis (8) Alice & Olivier De Moor

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

Re: Chablis (1 t/m 9) an overview
28 May 2019 08:26
Chablis (9) Jean-Paul & Benoît Droin

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

Re: Chablis (1 t/m 9) an overview
21 June 2019 12:16
Chablis (10) William Fèvre

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

Re: Chablis (1 t/m 10) an overview
24 June 2019 11:21
Chablis (11) Lamblin

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

Re: Chablis (1 t/m 11) an overview
11 July 2019 11:25
Chablis (12) Domaine Oudin

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

Re: Chablis (1 t/m 12) an overview
12 July 2019 10:59
Chablis (13) La Chablisienne

La Chablisienne is the only cooperative in the region, but it’s an important player here. Regions are well served if they have a good cooperative, because these are often the first wines that the average consumer meets. If the coop is doing good work, this protects equity in the regional brand.

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

A Taste of the Divine: Monks and Nuns Making Wine in France
29 June 2019 06:51
Jennifer Ladonne steps into the mysterious world of the monks and nuns still making wine in France

Though scientists debate whether it was the Etruscans or the Greeks who introduced wine and winemaking to France, there’s no doubt to whom we owe the beverage of today. Monks, and nuns, were key in both the preservation and advancement of viticulture, and although only a handful of French monasteries still make wine today, the historic influence of the French monastic orders is incalculable.

[www.francetoday.com]

John

So how well do you know the wines and wine region of Central-Loire?
21 June 2019 12:08
Apart from producing some of the finest wines in the world, the Loire Valley is a wine region that is hugely complex, diverse and actually quite confusing! Following the course of France’s longest river, the Loire as a wine region covers five major regions, 95 appellations with countless communes, grape varieties, styles of wines and soil types. Of all the regions Central-Loire is arguably the least clearly delineated. It is set apart from Loire Valley wines in more ways than one, includes Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé amongst its more revered seven appellations, and yet the ‘lesser ones’ fly right under the radar of most UK wine buyers even though they produce good, full-flavoured, terroir-specific wines that offer incredibly good value for money. Peter Dean visited Central-Loire and tries to make sense of this wine region that lies at the very heart of France.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Chablis steps up sustainability focus with new methanation system
05 April 2019 17:19
The Chablis Winegrowers Union (FDAC) has embarked on a €4.8 million project to implement a new methanation system in a bid to improve sustainable practices across the region.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Amboise wines move away from Touraine.
15 February 2019 13:27
“Our major news story is that we are going from Touraine Amboise to... Touraine Amboise!” jokes Xavier Frissant, chairman of the Amboise producers’ organisation. Until now, the region was classed as a ‘satellite’ of the Touraine appellation, but it is now paving the way for its independence by introducing new specifications.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Pouilly-Fumé: In the Shadow of Sancerre
28 January 2019 17:59
Journey up the Loire River into the heart of France, and there sits arguably the finest Sauvignon Blanc country in the world, anchored by twin appellations: Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Style Guide: The World’s Best Places for Growing Chenin Blanc
28 January 2019 17:56
Botrytized dessert wines, traditionally made sparklers, and crisp, complex whites: Name a style of wine, and you can bet somewhere, someone is making it with Chenin Blanc. The native French variety is arguably the world’s most versatile, rivaled only by Riesling (though the Germanic grape definitely doesn’t have the same pedigree when it comes to bubbles).

[vinepair.com]

John

Geweldige wijn op ‘heel slechte dagen’
22 January 2018 14:36
Kijk uit voor uw worteldagen!!!

[www.missethoreca.nl]

John

Re: Geweldige wijn op ‘heel slechte dagen’
22 January 2018 17:14
Toevallig gisteren een Chablis 1er Cru Fourchames gedronken en daar was niets mis mee!
Worteldag of niet.
An Illustrated Guide to Chardonnay From Chablis.
12 August 2017 08:55
Vergeet niet de onderstreepte woorden in dit verslag aan te klikken. Heel veel info.

[vinepair.com]

John

Oudste château in Frankrijk te koop.
03 March 2016 16:34
Heel toevallig heb ik vorige week een stukje op TV5 van dit huis gezien. Moet degelijk opgezet zijn anders blijft zoiets niet 1000 jaar staan.

[winefolly.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen