Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Wijnschandalen, diefstal, fraude, fake news en ongevallen.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
£295,000 bottle of wine stolen from Spanish restaurant’s cellar
04 November 2021 13:24
£295,000 bottle of wine stolen from Spanish restaurant’s cellar

Owner says 215-year-old Château d’Yquem was among 45 bottles taken by English-speaking man and woman

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: £295,000 bottle of wine stolen from Spanish restaurant’s cellar
04 November 2021 13:27
Crime Pays – in Fine Wine

Dodgy wines for sale, fighting with the police and devastating hail – it's just another week in wine.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

This SA wine estate was awarded top honours – and the next day it lost R470,000 to cable thieves
03 December 2021 14:17
This SA wine estate was awarded top honours – and the next day it lost R470,000 to cable thieves

Plaisir de Merle estate, at the foot of Simonsberg Mountain, achieved distinctions in the latest Platter's Guide.
Two of its wines, a 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2016 Cape Bordeaux Red Blend, earned prestigious five-star ratings.
But celebrations at Plaisir de Merle were cut short, when, the very next day after the award's announcement, thieves stole 1km of electrical cable from the estate.
It cost the new owners R470,000 to replace.
For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.

[www.businessinsider.co.za]

John

Wine tanker used to smuggle thousands of kilos of drugs across Europe
03 February 2022 18:19
Wine tanker used to smuggle thousands of kilos of drugs across Europe

A full wine tanker was used to smuggle thousands of kilos of drugs between Italy and Spain it has been discovered, as Italian police make 19 arrests and raid suspects’ properties.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

“Antifreeze Wine”: The Scandal That Destroyed an Industry
08 February 2022 13:23
“Antifreeze Wine”: The Scandal That Destroyed an Industry

Austria is commonly associated with classical music or The Alps, but you may not know the country has a thriving wine industry. Small, artisan vintners produce relatively low quantities of wine when compared to their European neighbours – but this allows them to focus on quality, earning Austrian wine world renown. Wine critic, Jane MacQuitty, writing for The Times, describes:

“The vibrant, aromatic, terroir-influenced white wines from this small, landlocked country are increasingly sought-after by adventurous wine drinkers, and to judge from the thousand bottles on show it’s easy to see why”

[thebadgeronline.com]

John

Over 1,000 bottles of smuggled Australian wines busted at HK-Shenzhen border
16 February 2022 18:52
Over 1,000 bottles of smuggled Australian wines busted at HK-Shenzhen border

Customs officers in Shenzhen Bay Port have seized RMB 1.5 million (US$ 236,637) worth of fine wines smuggled from tax-free Hong Kong to mainland China, mostly consisting of Australian wines.

[vino-joy.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 16/02/2022 18:54 door JohnCopier.
Re: Over 1,000 bottles of smuggled Australian wines busted at HK-Shenzhen border
23 February 2022 18:26
Chinese customs seize over 1,100 bottles of fine wine from Hong Kong

Customs authorities of China’s Shenzhen Bay Port have seized RMB 1.5m (£170,000) worth of high-end wine coming from Hong Kong.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Wine crime is soaring but a new generation of tech savvy detectives is on the case
02 March 2022 18:11
Wine crime is soaring but a new generation of tech savvy detectives is on the case

For centuries, swindlers and thieves have been drawn to the highly lucrative world of wine crime. But a new generation of tech-savvy detectives are closing in on them. Ed Cumming meets the men and women trying to put a cork in the business of wine fraud

[www.theguardian.com]

John

From Artificial Intelligence To Prison Reform: Tuscan Wine Producer Revolutionizing The World
03 March 2022 13:57
From Artificial Intelligence To Prison Reform: Tuscan Wine Producer Revolutionizing The World

When it comes to wine from Tuscany, no other family holds more importance than the Frescobaldi family, now in their 30th generation of Frescobaldi Toscana that includes eight estates throughout Tuscany, only placing their wine focus on this much-beloved wine region of Italy. Undoubtedly, the family is still deeply connected to their remarkable history as a 1,000-year-old noble Florentine family as still many in the Frescobaldi family live in their Renaissance-style palazzo (palace) in the center of Florence in Tuscany. And although they are fiercely committed to guarding the land and culture of their home, they have been leading the way in revolutionizing wine communication as well as surprisingly advancing prison reform.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Fraud in Galicia and Aid for Ukraine
08 March 2022 18:29
Fraud in Galicia and Aid for Ukraine

Galicia puts itself on the wine map, while the wine world mobilizes for Ukraine.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Champagne Laced With Ecstasy Recalled After Customer Dies
10 March 2022 18:29
Champagne Laced With Ecstasy Recalled After Customer Dies

A luxury brand of champagne is being recalled across the European Union after a German man died and 11 others fell ill from the bottle, which was found to be contaminated with a liquid form of the hard drug ecstasy—also known as MDMA.

[www.newsweek.com]

John

Over 8,000 fake Penfolds busted in ‘mega’ fake wine operation
18 March 2022 17:58
Over 8,000 fake Penfolds busted in ‘mega’ fake wine operation

China’s eastern Jiangsu province has dismantled what the policed described as a “mega cross regional” fake wine production ring, seizing over 8,000 bottles of counterfeit Penfolds worth over RMB 10 million (US$1.6 million).

[vino-joy.com]

John

Watch: Thief Casually Swipes $4,000 Cognac Bottle from a San Jose Restaurant
18 March 2022 18:22
Watch: Thief Casually Swipes $4,000 Cognac Bottle from a San Jose Restaurant

A woman stole and subsequently returned a $4,000 bottle of Cognac from the bar of San Jose steakhouse Mount Hamilton Grandview Restaurant.

[vinepair.com]

John

Police seize counterfeit Penfolds wines in China
28 March 2022 17:36
Police seize counterfeit Penfolds wines in China

Chinese police have reportedly seized more than 8,000 bottles of fake Penfolds wines, as brand owner Treasury Wine Estates says it continues to invest significantly in anti-counterfeiting measures.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Fake Latour busted on live-streaming platform by Chengdu authority
28 March 2022 18:13
Fake Latour busted on live-streaming platform by Chengdu authority

A Chinese company was busted by the market watchdog of Chengdu for advertising counterfeit Chateau Latour on live-streaming platforms in Chengdu, southwest China.

[vino-joy.com]

John

Wine fraud in Spain could be ancient history with nuclear magnetic resonance tech
15 April 2022 16:56
Wine fraud in Spain could be ancient history with nuclear magnetic resonance tech

13 Apr 2022 --- Estación Enológica de Haro (EEH), a public and governmental laboratory in Spain’s major wine-growing La Rioja region, has introduced Bruker Biospin’s nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy analysis to identify origin, variety and wine authenticity throughout the supply chain.

[www.foodingredientsfirst.com]

John

Ecstasy in champagne warning in Europe expanded; one dead
10 June 2022 12:34
Ecstasy in champagne warning in Europe expanded; one dead

A warning about champagne contaminated with ecstasy in Europe that is behind one death has been extended.

[www.foodsafetynews.com]

John

Uncorking Champagne Bottle Produces Supersonic Shock Waves
02 June 2022 17:37
Uncorking Champagne Bottle Produces Supersonic Shock Waves

Computational fluid dynamics simulations show behavior for rockets, missiles

[www.newswise.com]

John

Re: Uncorking Champagne Bottle Produces Supersonic Shock Waves
10 June 2022 12:44
You’ll shoot your eye out: Popped champagne cork ejects CO2 at supersonic speeds

Researchers "might consider the typical bottle of champagne as a mini-laboratory."

[arstechnica.com]

John

Cocaine hidden in champagne and wine, and seven arrested in €2m raid on Kinahan cartel
27 June 2022 17:38
Cocaine hidden in champagne and wine, and seven arrested in €2m raid on Kinahan cartel

SEVEN men have been arrested after gardaí seized more than €2m worth of drugs and hundreds of thousands of euros in cash linked to the Kinahan cartel.

[www.independent.ie]

John

French police foil counterfeiters passing off cheap plonk as classy Bordeaux
06 July 2022 17:01
French police foil counterfeiters passing off cheap plonk as classy Bordeaux

Discovery of of printing machinery used to make fake labels led to arrest of 20 people in seven areas of France

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Re: French police foil counterfeiters passing off cheap plonk as classy Bordeaux
09 July 2022 15:56
Re: French police foil counterfeiters passing off cheap plonk as classy Bordeaux
12 July 2022 11:51
Zal altijd blijven bestaan. Er zijn altijd slimmeriken die denken dat ze niet gepakt kunnen worden. Leren niet van de fouten van anderen.

John

12 July 2022 11:55
French police make arrests over ‘fake Bordeaux wine’

The cheap red wine was allegedly being passed off as château-bottled Bordeaux.

[www.just-drinks.com]

John

12 July 2022 12:13
Bordeaux Château Owner Nabbed in Counterfeit Wine Raid

The fake Bordeaux scam is suspected to have involved hundreds of thousands of bottles of wine

[www.winespectator.com]

John

12 July 2022 16:55
100.000-en flessen is wel pittig!
Police arrest couple over €1.6m wine heist from Spanish restaurant
25 July 2022 14:34
Police arrest couple over €1.6m wine heist from Spanish restaurant

‘Expert thieves’ tracked down to Montenegro-Croatian border after nine-month police operation

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Fact Checking: A Review of the Lies and Distortions of the Wine & Spirit Wholesalers of America
06 August 2022 11:34
Fact Checking: A Review of the Lies and Distortions of the Wine & Spirit Wholesalers of America

The most recent assertions by the most powerful alcohol trade association in America reveals a plethora of problems

[tomwark.substack.com]

John

40 mill. Bottles Counterfeited in Catalonia
06 August 2022 11:38
40 mill. Bottles Counterfeited in Catalonia

In October 2021, the Catalan group "Reserva de la Tierra" was suspected of putting wines with fake DO seals into circulation. According to current media reports, 40 million bottles worth about 14.2 million euro are affected by the fraud - significantly more than previously assumed. The insolvent company has been bought by the private equity firm Sherpa Capital.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Re: 40 mill. Bottles Counterfeited in Catalonia
06 August 2022 11:41
Minder dan 3 euries per fles. Knap om daarmee te rotzooien en niet onbelangrijk, tegen de lamp te lopen.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen