Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Wijnschandalen, diefstal, fraude, fake news en ongevallen.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: 40 mill. Bottles Counterfeited in Catalonia
06 August 2022 15:18
35,5 cent per fles bedoel je?
En daarbij, 40 miljoen flessen?
Dat zijn er wel erg veel!
Wine fraudster, 62, who served less than four years in Italian jail after fleeing the UK made more than £38million in tax scam, court hears

Livio Mazzarello skipped bail days before he was convicted of a £38m tax fraud
He was the frontman for a plot to dodge excise duty on imported bottles of wine
The 62-year-old was jailed abroad after he was found by the authorities in Italy
But he only served four years behind bars before being released in June last year

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
This wellness magazine’s misleading advice on rosé is infuriating wine experts
16 August 2022 11:53
This wellness magazine’s misleading advice on rosé is infuriating wine experts

Let’s set the record straight once and for all. The color of a rosé tells you nothing — truly nothing! — about how good the wine is.

[www.sfchronicle.com]

John

China’s highest court hands TWE a ‘landmark win’ against Penfolds copycat
16 August 2022 11:57
China’s highest court hands TWE a ‘landmark win’ against Penfolds copycat

Treasury Wine Estates (TWE), the parent company of popular brand Penfolds, has secured a landmark win in China’s highest court against Penfolds copycat ‘Rush Rich’ after six years of legal battle spanning courts in Australia and China.

[vino-joy.com]

John

Extra flavour and fraud prevention on the menu for Europe’s beer and wine industries
27 September 2022 13:05
Extra flavour and fraud prevention on the menu for Europe’s beer and wine industries

Europe’s valuable wine and beer industries are working to retain their competitive edge with an expanded range of aromas and blockchain-based fraud prevention.

[horizon.scienceblog.com]

John

Kuwait: fight the smuggling of 23,000 bottles of wine
05 October 2022 13:56
Kuwait: fight the smuggling of 23,000 bottles of wine

Kuwait’s General Drug Control Administration, in collaboration with the general customs administration, managed to seize a container in the port of Shuwaikh, originating from one of the countries, and containing a large quantity of various alcoholic beverages before being smuggled into the country.
This is part of the follow-up top management of the Kuwaiti Interior Ministry to combat smuggling smugglers and their promoters.

[asumetech.com]

John

Chinese Government Busts $51.4 Million Wine Smuggling Ring
05 October 2022 13:43
Chinese Government Busts $51.4 Million Wine Smuggling Ring

One of the largest wine smuggling rings in China’s recent history has been busted. Several wine retailers in Shanghai were allegedly involved in the investigation, which involved $51.4 million in smuggled wines and $17.5 million in evaded taxes, according to Vino Joy.

[vinepair.com]

John

How accurate are the figures on wine fraud?
08 October 2022 09:42
How accurate are the figures on wine fraud?

How big is the market for wine fraud? The short answer is that no one can know for sure, the very nature of illicit markets means getting an accurate number is incredibly difficult. However, there are ways to estimate the size and scope of illicit activity, including wine fraud. The general consensus over the last half decade is that fraudulent wine accounts for about 20% of the total wine market, or $67.9 Billion in 2020.

[janeanson.com]

John

5m bottles of Spanish wine disguised as French in Bordeaux fraud scheme
02 November 2022 18:09
5m bottles of Spanish wine disguised as French in Bordeaux fraud scheme

Bordeaux investigators have discovered a fraud scheme which saw up to five million bottles of cheap Spanish wine disguised as French.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Re: 5m bottles of Spanish wine disguised as French in Bordeaux fraud scheme
04 November 2022 13:12
Bordeaux Fraud Case Kicks Off

This week it has all been about acting locally, but thinking globally.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

09 November 2022 13:14
Thieves steal ‘one of the best wine collections in Spain’ from two-Michelin-star restaurant

Spanish police are searching for thieves who broke into one of Madrid’s most exclusive restaurants and made off with 132 bottles of wine from what is considered by many to be one of Spain’s finest wine cellars.

John

09 November 2022 13:25
Fraud case alleges Spanish wine passed off as French

A Bordeaux court has begun hearing a case that involves alleged large-scale fraud, including the falsification of documents on more than four million bottles-worth of ‘French’ wine that was actually sourced from Spain.

[www.decanter.com]

John

THE TERROIRISTS WIN!
09 November 2022 13:19
THE TERROIRISTS WIN!

This is interesting in itself from a “look what we can do” perspective:

What if it were possible to prove that every vineyard soil, anywhere in the world, had an individual and identifiable fingerprint? And what if you could prove that that fingerprint continues through into the grape and then into the wine? And doesn’t change throughout the lifetime of the wine? What then?

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

Vladimir Putin makes drinks smuggling deal
10 November 2022 13:03
Vladimir Putin makes drinks smuggling deal

In an effort to evade sanctions, Russian leader Vladimir Putin has approved parallel imports of certain western products, including numerous popular drinks brands.

John

Fraud Trial Roils Bordeaux
24 November 2022 18:00
Fraud Trial Roils Bordeaux

For several years, a group of wine professionals trucked in millions of bottles worth of Spanish wine and used false documents to transform it into Bordeaux

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Australian winery uses new technology to combat wine fraud
27 December 2022 18:33
Australian winery uses new technology to combat wine fraud

CANBERRA, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- A South Australian winery has started trialing a new technology to combat international wine fraud.

[english.news.cn]

John

More than 40,000 bottles of fake Lafite and Penfolds uncovered in China police raid
14 January 2023 11:59
More than 40,000 bottles of fake Lafite and Penfolds uncovered in China police raid

Authorities in the Chinese province of Fujian have announced one of the biggest wine fraud busts in the region’s history, after more than 40,000 bottles of fake Lafite and Penfolds wines were discovered in a police raid.

John

Re: More than 40,000 bottles of fake Lafite and Penfolds uncovered in China police raid
14 January 2023 12:22
Thieves steal hundreds of fine wines in Austria and Norway

Top Bordeaux and California wines were among several hundred bottles recently stolen from Kracher Fine Wine in Austria, while thieves also took bottles from Norwegian restaurant Park 29 in a separate incident in the final weeks of 2022, the two businesses have confirmed.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Groß angelegter Diebstahl bei Masi
06 February 2023 13:51
Groß angelegter Diebstahl bei Masi

LKW-Ladung Ama­ro­ne Cos­ta­se­ra ver­schwun­den – Auf­ruf an den Han­del

Masi Agri­co­la S.p.A, teilt mit, dass aus dem Lager des inter­na­tio­na­len Wein­lo­gis­tik­un­ter­neh­mens, mit dem Masi seit Jah­ren zusam­men­ar­bei­tet, etwa 1.500 Kis­ten mit ins­ge­samt etwa 9.000 Fla­schen Cos­ta­se­ra Ama­ro­ne del­la Val­po­li­cel­la Clas­si­co DOCG der Jahr­gän­ge 2017 und 2018 aus den ver­sand­be­rei­ten Bestän­den gestoh­len wur­den, was einer LKW-Ladung ent­spricht. Die ande­ren Masi-Weine, die in den­sel­ben Räum­lich­kei­ten gela­gert wer­den, sind nicht betrof­fen.

[www.weinkenner.de]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen