Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nederland, Belgie, Luxemburg en Duitsland

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Wein im Zweiten Weltkrieg
27 April 2020 17:33
Wein im Zweiten Weltkrieg. In Vino Vanitas

Überall tobte vor 75 Jahren noch der Krieg. Das hielt die Mitglieder einer Weinbewertungskommission in Halle nicht davon ab, in aller Ruhe die Jahrgänge 1943 und 1944 zu verkosten, in „Grün's Weinstuben“.

[www.faz.net]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
WeinLese 57: Kurz & bündig
07 May 2020 11:45
WeinLese 57: Kurz & bündig

Winzer des Jahres im Languedoc

[www.delinat.com]

John

Meandering the Mosel | German wines at auction
07 May 2020 17:18
Meandering the Mosel | German wines at auction

At the turn of the 20th century, German wines were in their heyday, their wines selling for prices similar to first growth Bordeaux. In the second half of the 20th century, however, the German wine world went through a brief period of darkness. Expansion of certain wine regions into land less suited to winegrowing coupled with recourse to new technology rather than age-old practices resulted in lots of cheap syrupy wines, in a time when the world wanted quantity rather than quality.

Serieus geld.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Es ist nicht alles Kellergold
11 May 2020 10:53
Es ist nicht alles Kellergold

In Krisenzeiten investieren Anleger und Sammler gerne in teure Weine. Doch nirgends wird dreister gefälscht - wer will beurteilen, wie ein "Mouton Rothschild 1945" schmeckt?

[www.sueddeutsche.de]

John

Examining Germany’s place on the secondary market
18 May 2020 17:15
Examining Germany’s place on the secondary market

Historically, Germany has been a small player on the secondary market for fine wine. Although Liv-ex has seen trade of German Riesling since 2003, the country’s share by volume and value as percentage of the overall trade has remained insignificant – at about 0.1%. That is, until recently.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Mosel Fine Wines: nieuwsbrief 51
25 May 2020 10:41
Er komt (misschien) een nieuwe wijnwet in Duitsland
06 June 2020 13:19
Er komt (misschien) een nieuwe wijnwet in Duitsland

De wijnwetgeving in Duitsland wordt binnenkort weer gewijzigd.
Op deze blog kan je al een lange reeks artikels over de ingewikkelde Duitse wijnwetgeving lezen, geschreven in 2015 en 2016 (via deze link te herlezen – en nodig aan een update toe).

[vriendenvanderiesling.wordpress.com]

John

The 2019 Germany Vintage Report
24 June 2020 17:02
The 2019 Germany Vintage Report

2019 is an exceptional vintage in Germany. It’s a vintage that has both excellent ripeness and bright, crisp acidity. It was not the easiest vintage on our grower’s nerves; the weather patterns were more extreme than previous years and varied from region to region and even village to village. The harvest required quick decision making and long days but the hard work resulted in a beautiful array of wines. Across Germany, it’s a vintage that shows great range and depth. The wines from 2019 are a pleasure to drink now and will develop gracefully for decades.

[www.skurnik.com]

John

Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 52
02 July 2020 13:31
Zie: nieuwsbrief Moezel wijnen

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 02/07/2020 13:32 door RobertKoopman.
DUITSLAND NAHE: EEN GEOLOOG'S PARADISE
11 July 2020 07:10
GERMANY’S NAHE: A GEOLOGIST’S PARADISE

HISTORY & EXPOSITION
Germany's Nahe: Geologist’s Paradise The Nahe is one of the smallest and the most geologically diverse regions in Germany. First legally recognized in 1971, this area is named for the Nahe River and is home to some of the finest vineyards and wineries in Germany. The Nahe River flows through the Hunsrück hills which separate the Nahe and the Mosel to the west, emptying into the Rhein across the river from the village of Rudesheim. To the east, just across the Nahe River, is Rheinhessen, the largest growing region in Germany, more than six times the size of the Nahe. Directly south of the Nahe is the Pfalz, the second warmest growing region in Germany.

[www.skurnik.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 11/07/2020 07:12 door JohnCopier.
WINE BRANDS IN GERMANY: CHANGING TIMES
23 July 2020 17:34
WINE BRANDS IN GERMANY: CHANGING TIMES

The recent lockdown period may provide an acceleration to an emerging trend in Germany’s wine market towards more aspirational, consumer-centric brands, promoted on social media and sold through the market’s growing wine e-commerce channel

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Schloss Johannisberg and the story of Riesling
01 August 2020 18:58
Schloss Johannisberg and the story of Riesling

Three hundred years ago this year, a far-sighted noble decided to plant a vineyard with just one grape – Riesling. It was a decision that changed wine history. Ilka Lindemann has the story.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Mosel Fine Wines Nieuwsbrief 53
31 August 2020 19:49
Anne Krebiehl MW: Why German wine has an exciting future
14 September 2020 17:45
Anne Krebiehl MW: Why German wine has an exciting future

Last night Anne Krebiehl MW won the prestigious International Wine Book of the Year award for The Wines of Germany at the Louis Roederer International Wine Writers Awards, her definitive and much-needed book on German wine. Here we re-run an interview she did with The Buyer when the book was launched. To buy a copy there is a hot link at the end of the feature.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Ulli Stein Is Future-Proofing the Mosel
16 September 2020 17:28
Ulli Stein Is Future-Proofing the Mosel

In a region that’s become a cautionary tale about climate change, Stein has cut a paradoxical path between tradition and near-scandalous progress in his efforts to save it.

[punchdrink.com]

John

Re: Ulli Stein Is Future-Proofing the Mosel
17 September 2020 16:44
Is 2019 Germany’s 100-Point Vintage?

The beautiful estate of Schloss Johannisberg produced two 100-point 2019 wines in this report, one of several wineries to do so.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Vines in Rhineland Pfalz vandalised
21 September 2020 17:37
Vines in Rhineland Pfalz vandalised

Owners of a Schweigen winery woke up on Wednesday to find some of their most valuable vines had been sprayed with diesel.

OLH heeft vreemde kostgangers.

John

Ergebnisse der Riesling Auktion 2020
21 September 2020 17:46
Ergebnisse der Riesling Auktion 2020

There's nothing quite like the pleasure of sipping a fine Scotch whisky, for those whose tastes run to such indulgences. But how can you be sure that you're paying for the real deal and not some cheap counterfeit? Good news: physicists at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland have figured out how to test the authenticity of bottles of fine Scotch whisky using laser light, without ever having to open the bottles. They described their work in a recent paper published in the journal Analytical Methods.

[www.bernkasteler-ring.de]

[www.bernkasteler-ring.de]

John

Gut Hermannsberg Shows A New Face For German Rieslings
25 September 2020 17:13
Gut Hermannsberg Shows A New Face For German Rieslings

The respect for great German Rieslings has long been higher than sales of this classic varietal. Once, such wines were distinguished by their degree of sweetness, but the worldwide preference for dry wines blunted the appeal of German Rieslings, whose producers re-formulated many of their wines to be “trocken,” dry in an attempt to win back wine drinkers. Germany still makes superb sweet wines, but the future of Rieslings is in the hands of German’s young winemakers at small estates like Gut Hermannsberg in the Name region. The winery dates back to 1902 as a Royal Prussian Domaine, but today winemaker Kasten Peter makes dry Rieslings, noting, “Dogmatism isn't our thing.” I interviewed the winery’s CEO Achin Kirchner about the current state of Rieslings.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Historic Mosel TBA acquired by collector
30 September 2020 11:33
Historic Mosel TBA acquired by collector

A bottle of wine from the first Trockenbeerenauslese ever produced in the Mosel has been acquired “for a five figure sum” by an anonymous collector.

Vloeibaar goud.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Deshalb sollten Sie eine Flasche Wein immer sofort austrinken
06 October 2020 12:09
Deshalb sollten Sie eine Flasche Wein immer sofort austrinken

Gerade, wenn man der einzige Weintrinker im Haushalt ist, wird die Flasche Wein, die man geöffnet hat, selten am gleich Abend noch leer. Das sollte sie aber...

[www.merkur.de]

John

Meet the man introducing internationals to German wine
20 October 2020 17:35
Meet the man introducing internationals to German wine

Jérôme Hainz is dedicated to passing on his passion for wine, in the heart of Germany's largest producing region. The Local went on tour with him to discover just how diverse the country's wine landscape is.

[www.thelocal.de]

John

Gott wird es ihnen verzeihen
28 October 2020 12:56
Gott wird es ihnen verzeihen

Beten und brauen: In der kontemplativen Abgeschiedenheit belgischer Trappistenklöster entstehen Biere, die zu den besten der Welt zählen.

Foto is van Westvleteren. De Petrus onder de bieren.
Links onderaan de foto is een pijltje te zien. Klik er op en je ziet de naam Westvleteren.

[www.faz.net]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 28/10/2020 12:59 door JohnCopier.
Germany's changing vineyards
03 November 2020 18:11
Germany's changing vineyards

In a recent post, I discussed Australia's changing vineyards, as an example of a New World wine-producing area that has changed considerably since 1960, in terms of both vineyard area and grape varietal composition. [Note: one late part of that post has since been modified, due to an error in calculations.] In this second part of the series, I look at Germany, as an example of an old-established vineyard area.

[winegourd.blogspot.com]

John

Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 54
02 November 2020 14:30
Zie: nieuwsbrief Moezel wijnen

2019 is een geweldig jaar. De GG-s worden massaal tegen schappelijke prijzen in de markt gezet.
De wijnboeren en boerinnen hebben het moeilijk.
De consumenten drinken nu in coronatijd ca 8% meer wijn maar dat maakt het verlies van het wegvallen van de horeca niet goed.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 02/11/2020 15:03 door RobertKoopman.
Re: Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 54
08 November 2020 11:52
THE NEW MAGNETISM OF ALT MOSEL

They’re untethered. Free to make wine any way, anywhere they want.

They chose the Mosel. A region defined by staggering slopes and daunting hand work, a reputation for conventional farming, a signature grape famous for being a tough sell, and a surfeit of villages and vineyards whose lifeblood had seemed to be ebbing away.

[trinkmag.com]

John

Re: Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 54
08 November 2020 12:05
Weingut Knipser: Burgunder der Superlative

Mit seinen Burgunderweinen zählt das Pfälzer VDP-Weingut zur Spitze Deutschlands und darüber hinaus.

[www.weinkenner.de]

John

Wines from German-speaking lands find a new champion
16 November 2020 18:22
Wines from German-speaking lands find a new champion

Two Americans are rolling up their sleeves and diving into wines from German-speaking countries, on a mission to tell the world about them. Felicity Carter speaks to Paula Sidore, the co-founder of TRINK magazine.

John

MÜLLER-THURGAU: A SHOULDER FOR GERMANY TO CRY ON
25 November 2020 18:04
MÜLLER-THURGAU: A SHOULDER FOR GERMANY TO CRY ON

“Nothing very good has ever been made of Müller-Thurgau,” said the German wine webinar moderator, armed with the same parade of stale clichés and tired narratives. Perhaps it was the irritating circumstances of quarantine coupled with my then standard cranky mood or maybe it was simply the ridiculousness of the statement. But that outright lie was one I could no longer let stand.

[trinkmag.com]

John

This high-tech, Bavarian bunker is secretly storing the world’s finest wines
01 December 2020 18:13
This high-tech, Bavarian bunker is secretly storing the world’s finest wines

For aficionados with serious investment bottles, Unger Weine’s cellar has room for thousands upon thousands of the rarest vintages – all stored in perfect conditions

[www.wired.co.uk]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen