Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nederland, Belgie, Luxemburg en Duitsland

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Ortenauer TOP TEN Spätburgunder Rotweine 2020 im Weinparadies Ortenau: Weingut Schloss Ortenberg erfolgreich als bester Betrieb und mit dem besten Wein mit holzbetonter Stilistik!

Das Weinparadies Ortenau hat trotz der besonderen aktuellen Situation seinen alljährlichen internen Wettbewerb durchgeführt. Unter Beachtung aller vorgeschriebenen Regeln trafen sich vier Prüferinnen und Prüfer zu einer verdeckten Verkostung in den Räumen des Badischen Weinbauverbandes, in denen auch die Qualitätsweinprüfung stattfindet. Die Beteiligung mit 78 Weinen aus 25 Betrieben war dabei eine der höchsten seit Bestehen des Wettbewerbs.

[www.weinparadies-ortenau.de]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Cold comfort farming: German ice wine maker hails crucial big chill
04 January 2021 18:42
Cold comfort farming: German ice wine maker hails crucial big chill

‘You might get one chance in a decade,’ says Ralf Petgen, who has adapted his Mosel vineyard owing to global heating

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Manley Wine Estate announces new German ownership
07 January 2021 18:12
Manley Wine Estate announces new German ownership

Manley Wine Estate boasts with the brand new owner, Markus Ehehalt, a long-term former Bosch engineer from Stuttgart in Germany. The estate was purchased from the previous owner, David Ovenden, a London-based South African, by Markus in August 2020

[news.wine.co.za]

John

Acham-Magin Forster Stift Riesling 2017 (Pfalz)
12 January 2021 13:31
Acham-Magin Forster Stift Riesling 2017 (Pfalz)

Forst zouden jullie moeten kennen: het kleine dorpje in de Mittelhaardt (Pfalz) verzamelt rond de kerktoren een fabuleuze concentratie van Erste Lagen en Grosse Lagen (grand cru wijngaarden) waar enkele van de duurste wijnen uit Duitsland van afkomstig zijn.

[vriendenvanderiesling.wordpress.com]

John

Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 55
31 January 2021 11:44
Mosel’s Markus Molitor: why “making Eiswein is like waiting for Christmas”
02 February 2021 10:54
Mosel’s Markus Molitor: why “making Eiswein is like waiting for Christmas”

Every wine culture has its moments of magic, but few can eclipse the excitement of making Eiswein. Pickers must get to the vineyard in the middle of the night where, at temperatures no more than -7°C, frozen grapes are picked until the sun rises then rushed to the winery for a gentle press. This January, Markus Molitor made an Eiswein, one of 80 wines he produces, an event which is becoming more and more rare as climate change starts to take its toll. Peter Dean talks to him about this special event and whether the wine is worth all the hassle.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

When It’s Cold Outside, Ice Wines Are The Antidote To Drink Inside
03 February 2021 18:33
When It’s Cold Outside, Ice Wines Are The Antidote To Drink Inside

The story goes that ice wines were discovered by accident when a German baron left his estate one summer’s day for one war or another, neglecting to tell his peasants to pick the grapes and make wine in the fall. When he returned he found the peasants—who never did anything they weren’t told to do—neither picked the grapes nor made wine, leaving the fruit on the vine to freeze. Quite literally plucking victory from the vines of defeat, the baron found that the grapes had continued to grow ripe with sugar, which was intensified by the freeze that dehydrated them, so that when they were pressed, they gave up very little juice but spectacularly good, intensely sweet white wine, which in German is eiswein.

[www.forbes.com]

John

A Tribute to Wilhelm Haag, ‘Father of the Renaissance of German Wine’
10 February 2021 18:41
A Tribute to Wilhelm Haag, ‘Father of the Renaissance of German Wine’

Wilhelm Haag of Weingut Fritz Haag in the Mosel, one of Germany’s most heralded Riesling producers and a figurehead in the region, passed away December 16, 2020 after a recurrence of cancer. He was 83 years old.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Überraschungscoup Franken: die GG 2019 und 2018 vom Silvaner
15 February 2021 18:09
Überraschungscoup Franken: die GG 2019 und 2018 vom Silvaner

Jens Priewe hat die Silvaner GG vom Main probiert und sich dazu ein paar Gedanken gemacht. Wichtigste Erkenntnis: Die behäbigen, erdigen Silvaner von einst gibt es nicht mehr.

[www.weinkenner.de]

John

Chapeau’s Limburgse wijnclub “Limbourgeois”
23 February 2021 18:15
Chapeau’s Limburgse wijnclub “Limbourgeois”

In het najaar van 2020 hebben Stichting Limburgse Wijnen en Chapeau Magazine de handen ineen geslagen voor Chapeau’s Belgisch en Nederlands Limburgse wijnclub ‘Limbourgeois’, een wijnclub met aandacht voor Limburg als groeiende wijnregio.

[www.routedesvins.nl]

John

Wijnland Duitsland”: bestel een exemplaar van ons boek !
12 March 2021 18:28
Wijnland Duitsland”: bestel een exemplaar van ons boek !

Bestel alvast je exemplaar !

Wijnland Duitsland
Ontdekken, proeven en beleven

John

MADE IN TERRASSENMOSEL: SARAH LÖWENSTEIN OF WEINGUT HEYMANN-LÖWENSTEIN
15 March 2021 18:14
MADE IN TERRASSENMOSEL: SARAH LÖWENSTEIN OF WEINGUT HEYMANN-LÖWENSTEIN

The hills surrounding the Moselle River constitute Germany’s oldest winegrowing region, and its steepest. What some still call Lower Moselle, near the French border, is now more often referred to as Terrassenmosel, or the terraced Moselle, in recognition of the characteristic terraces cut into the steeply inclined banks, which give the hills the appearance of grassy pyramids. Locals have been cultivating grapes here since at least Roman times, and the landscape is still studded with picturesque, gothic castles in various states of disrepair, which peer out protectively over the river valley.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Shot in the arm for Germany
25 March 2021 18:21
Shot in the arm for Germany

In a boost for German winemakers on the global stage, UNESCO has included ‘Wine Culture in Germany’ in its latest national register of intangible national heritage.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Mosel vineyards are preparing for climate change by sharing their soil with aromatic plants
08 April 2021 17:31
Mosel vineyards are preparing for climate change by sharing their soil with aromatic plants

The landscape of sloping vineyards on the banks of the Mosel River in Germany is a characteristic symbol of a region which cannot be understood without its wine: the Mosel wine region. Tourists from all over the world, especially from the neighboring countries of Belgium, Luxembourg, and The Netherlands visit the area in search of mountains and wine. However, the lack of new generations and the increase in temperatures and short heavy summer rainfall events caused by climate change endanger the production of wine.

[phys.org]

John

Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 56
12 April 2021 14:03
New Belgium’s New Fat Tire Beer Tastes Like the Climate Ravaged Future of Our Worst Nightmares
20 April 2021 17:23
New Belgium’s New Fat Tire Beer Tastes Like the Climate Ravaged Future of Our Worst Nightmares

It might be hard to believe, but a major brewery just created a beer that tastes bad — intentionally.

On Monday, New Belgium Brewing announced the release of Torched Earth Ale, a limited-edition beer in its Fat Tire Ale line that’s specifically crafted to emulate what post-apocalyptic brews might taste like. The beer is made with the scant ingredients that would be available to brewers if we fail to prevent climate change: smoke-tainted water, dandelions, and drought-resistant grains. The resulting taste is reportedly quite dismal, and that’s the point.

The company is seeking to make a statement about the disastrous effects climate change have on agriculture, and how this greatly impacts major ingredients in beer, like hops and malt.

[vinepair.com]

John

The new German wine classification | Per on Forbes
26 April 2021 16:55
The new German wine classification | Per on Forbes

Germany introduces a wine hierarchy based on geography
Germany has introduced a new “classification” system for its wines, under the name Qualitätswein. It creates a hierarchy of wines – Area, Region, Village and Vineyard – with increasingly smaller units. It is assumed that “smaller is better”. The existing system with Prädikat will remain in place. The two will work in parallel. We explain the details of the new German geographic quality wine system and how it will work together with the existing system.

[www.bkwine.com]

John

Markus Molitor | Among the elite of German wines
07 May 2021 17:15
Markus Molitor | Among the elite of German wines

The star of German Riesling
At the age of just 20, in 1984, Markus Molitor took up his family domain in Germany’s Mosel region, which we find within the winemaking area of Wehlener Klosterberg. Here, he set his intention to put terroir front and centre in his work, producing Rieslings that would carry the family name held by eight generations of vignerons.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

‘De eerste field blend van de Benelux’
11 May 2021 17:10
‘De eerste field blend van de Benelux’

Wijndomein Riesenberg in Gronsveld, even ten zuiden van Maastricht, plant op 15 mei (2021) naar eigen zeggen ‘de eerste field blend van de Benelux’ aan.

[wino.sjakes.com]

John

Climate Challenge for German Riesling
02 June 2021 17:24
Climate Challenge for German Riesling

Warming wine regions are leaving some German growers contemplating replacing traditional varieties with something very different.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Wijn uit eigen land
06 June 2021 15:19
Wijn uit eigen land

Nog niet zo lang geleden viel op de kwaliteit ervan heel wat aan te merken, maar tegenwoordig valt Nederlandse wijn steeds vaker complimenten in plaats van kritiek ten deel. Onze vaderlandse wijnbouw is de kinderschoenen ontgroeid.

[wino.sjakes.com]

John

Deze wijn is haast verplichte kost nu asperges voor een habbekrats te koop zijn
12 June 2021 08:42
Deze wijn is haast verplichte kost nu asperges voor een habbekrats te koop zijn

Auxerrois kan nog wel eens voor verwarring zorgen. Allereerst is daar de onduidelijke afkomst. Lang werd aangenomen dat deze witte druif stamt uit de omgeving van Auxerre, het handelsstadje in het centrum van Frankrijk, maar dat klopt niet.

[www.msn.com]

John

Kennismaking met Madeleine Ries (Rheingau) – deel 1 en 2
15 June 2021 12:48
Kennismaking met Madeleine Ries (Rheingau) – deel 1

Soms is een wijndegustatie gewoon leuk en ontspannend. Soms wordt je er gewoon gelukkig van. Dat was het geval toen ik met Madeleine Ries via Zoom haar wijnen kon proeven.
Eerlijkheidshalve moet ik bekennen dat ik enkele wijnen al een paar dagen vooraf had geopend en geproefd. En ja hoor, ook toen werd ik er gelukkig van.

Kennismaking met Madeleine Ries (Rheingau) -deel 2

John

En ons recht op veilig voedsel dan?!
23 June 2021 16:48
En ons recht op veilig voedsel dan?!

Beste foodwatcher,
Misschien zag je mij gisteren op tv bij EenVandaag: uit nieuw onafhankelijk onderzoek blijkt dat er meerdere soorten landbouwgif zijn teruggevonden in fruit en wijn van Albert Heijn, Jumbo en Lidl.

[nieuwsbrief.foodwatch.nl]

John

Germany sees number of wine businesses decline by a fifth in a decade, as industry consolidates
05 July 2021 17:10
Germany sees number of wine businesses decline by a fifth in a decade, as industry consolidates

The number of vineyards and wine businesses in Germany has fallen by a fifth in a decade, as the industry has increasingly consolidated.

[app.vinex.market]

John

Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 57
05 July 2021 17:25
Jaargang 2020 bij Weingut Gabelmann (Nahe)
21 July 2021 10:26
Jaargang 2020 bij Weingut Gabelmann (Nahe)

Is het echt al drie jaar geleden dat we konden kennismaken met Sebastian Gabelmann en zijn wijnen?
Ook in Niederhausen aan de Nahe lag de wereld bijna twee jaar stil door Covid-19. Gelukkig was er Instagram, waardoor ik Sebastian en zijn vrouw Nathalie een beetje kon blijven volgen. De pandemie woog mentaal erg zwaar, maar stapje per stapje lijkt alles weer goed te komen.

John

Santé
27 July 2021 16:35
Santé

Limbourgeois’, de wijnclub die Chapeau in het najaar van 2020 oprichtte, krijgt een nieuwe naam: Santé. De reden daarvoor is de recente terugkeer van het L1-programma Limbourgois op de televisie. Door de club een nieuwe naam te geven, voorkom je dat zaken door elkaar kunnen worden gehaald, is de gedachte.

[www.routedesvins.nl]

John

Re: Santé
28 July 2021 17:18
Limburgse wijnweek 2021

De voorbereidingen zijn in volle gang. Wat zal dit keer de Limburgse wijnweek brengen. Allereerst zal er een nieuwe Ambassadeur Limburgse wijnen 2021 worden benoemd. Petro Kools, de huidige ambassadeur, buigt zich op dit moment wie in aanmerking komt voor deze ere titel. Iemand die een de Limburgse wijnen een warm hart toedraagt.

[www.routedesvins.nl]

John

Re: Santé
29 July 2021 16:44
Route des vins wandeling nu ook in Meerssen

In navolging van de ontwikkeling van de populaire drie Routes des Vins in Wahlwiller-Eys, Ubachsberg, Winthagen en de Wijngaarden wandeling in Noorbeek, is Meerssen een waardevolle aanwinst in het rijtje van wijnroutes in Zuid-Limburg. In de gemeente Meerssen hebben drie wijnboeren zich gevestigd met hun wijngaarden: Wijngoed Raar Saint Remi, Domein De Wijngaardsberg en Wijngaard Raarberg.

[www.routedesvins.nl]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen