Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nederland, Belgie, Luxemburg en Duitsland

Gepost door JohnCopier 
"Art&Object" - List of 10 Wineries that Every Art Lover Should Visit Includes Weingut Georg Müller Stiftung in Rheingau/ Germany

[schiller-wine.blogspot.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
A Luxembourg Prince Is Emptying His Private Wine Cellar for Charity
17 May 2022 17:34
A Luxembourg Prince Is Emptying His Private Wine Cellar for Charity

Haut-Brion, Mouton Rothschild, Latour—for first-growth Bordeaux lovers, you don’t get better provenance than this.

[www.bloomberg.com]

John

RETURNING HISTORIC VARIETIES TO GERMANY’S VINEYARDS
18 May 2022 12:51
RETURNING HISTORIC VARIETIES TO GERMANY’S VINEYARDS

This is a story for the wine romantics among us who dream of bygone varieties, who hunker down to listen to the old stone terraces telling stories of yesteryear, of those with a weak spot for growers and wines committed to character. It is in this world of nostalgia and nerds that this story is set.

[trinkmag.com]

John

Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 62
22 June 2022 13:53
The Wines of Tiny Luxembourg Make a Big Impression
06 July 2022 17:04
The Wines of Tiny Luxembourg Make a Big Impression

The second-richest country in the world per capita, Luxembourg is arguably better known for tax breaks than for its rich wine history. This tiny, landlocked country bordered by Belgium, France and Germany, has a population of approximately 645,000 people. Just over half the population is Luxembourger, while the remaining balance is Portuguese, French, Italian, Belgian, German, British and others.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Pianobar
24 July 2022 11:32
Pianobar

[wos.nl]

John

AN EVOLVING CONSUMER BASE FOR GERMANY’S WINE MARKET
01 August 2022 17:02
AN EVOLVING CONSUMER BASE FOR GERMANY’S WINE MARKET

With a solidly high per-capita consumption and a broad base of wine drinkers – one third of the entire population drink wine at least once a week – the German wine market has been a steady source of revenue for domestic and foreign producers for decades. The country’s wine market benefits from a loyal core user base that has a keen eye for value for money. However, changing demographics mean wine producers may need to increasingly focus on innovation to retain consumer interest.

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

John Bindels overleden
09 August 2022 12:00
Toch een markante man, beroemd en berucht in de wijnwereld.

Zie ook: Perswijn - John Bindels
Rewind: Christina Rasmussen on true German Pinot Noir
18 August 2022 12:41
Rewind: Christina Rasmussen on true German Pinot Noir

In an extensive trip through Germany, predominantly dedicated to Riesling and Pinot Noir, Christina Rasmussen uncovers soils, clones and the people fiercely dedicated to their soils’ expressions of wine (while all the while expanding her own rock collection). In the first of her 3-part series on Germany, Rasmussen explores German Pinot Noir/ Spätburgunder through site, clones and the winemaker’s hand and asks ‘what is the true identity of German Pinot Noir’? This article was first posted in August 2018 and is part of our continuing series to ‘rewind’ to great articles we’ve posted in the past.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Buyer Rewind: Anne Krebiehl MW on German wine’s exciting future
23 August 2022 12:14
Buyer Rewind: Anne Krebiehl MW on German wine’s exciting future

For the past two decades German wine has been on a roll with the country housing one of Europe’s most vibrant, creative and progressive wine industries. And yet the wines of Germany are some of the most misunderstood on the planet. In an in-depth and wide-ranging interview German wine expert Anne Krebiehl MW explains about the full trajectory of the German wine industry – early success, then doldrums, its current state of health and its direction – and why now is the right time for re-evaluation. She explains why there is currently an unprecedented density of quality production and a new generation of winemakers who are re-defining what German wine can be in the 21st century. Grape varieties have changed as have wine styles – with grace and elegance favoured over power – all the result of a new-found, more self-confident identity that was almost obliterated by two world wars and the disastrous legal framework of the 1970s. A Buyer Rewind feature – re-posted from its 2020 ‘publication’.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

German Winemakers Expect First-Rate Vintage After Torrid Summer
28 August 2022 12:06
German Winemakers Expect First-Rate Vintage After Torrid Summer

Germany’s winemakers are anticipating an excellent vintage this year even as the country swelters through a drought that dries up rivers and poses major challenges for many farmers.

[www.bloomberg.com]

John

Who’s Who in Germany – the Essential Guide
28 August 2022 12:30
Who’s Who in Germany – the Essential Guide

Would-be wine exporters have always focused their attention on the long-established UK and excitingly dynamic US markets, but, as Felix Bodmann reveals, Germany deserves to be taken very seriously – provided you know who to talk to.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Mosel Fine Wines nieuwsbrief 63
01 September 2022 18:16
Zie: nieuwsbrief Moezel wijnen

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 01/09/2022 18:17 door RobertKoopman.
Belgium could become a new wine hotspot
07 September 2022 12:57
Belgium could become a new wine hotspot

Belgium winemaking is on the rise. Over the past 10 years, wine production in the country has quadrupled, while the quality of the final product is also increasing. This year, wine makers are expecting excellent results as well. Although the exceptionally hot summer has slightly impacted the production, the sun brings more benefits than not for Belgian wines.

The dry and hot summer has damaged some of the grapes, resulting in about 10% of the harvest to be lost, but the remaining fruits, which are expected to be harvested around 10 September, will be of superior quality and give better wines.

[traveltomorrow.com]

John

PREMIUMISATION AND SPARKLING WINES COMPENSATE FOR SHRINKING DUTCH WINE POPULATION.
07 September 2022 13:27
PREMIUMISATION AND SPARKLING WINES COMPENSATE FOR SHRINKING DUTCH WINE POPULATION.

The number of wine drinkers in the Netherlands has slumped in the last five years and that is putting a downward pressure on the consumption of wine in the market. The overall wine volumes have fallen by 8% in the same five-year period. There are, however, a number of opportunities that exist in the premiumisation of wine as well as the rise of the sparkling wine segment in the Netherlands.

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Battenfeld Spanier & Maison Ginestet – 1. deutscher Icon Wine am Handelsplatz La Place de Bordeaux
10 September 2022 09:02
Battenfeld Spanier & Maison Ginestet – 1. deutscher Icon Wine am Handelsplatz La Place de Bordeaux

Zum ers­ten Mal in der Geschich­te der Bor­de­lai­ser Négo­ci­ants wird mit dem Wein­gut Bat­ten­feld Spa­ni­er, ver­tre­ten von H.O. Spa­ni­er und Caro­lin Spanier-Gillot, ein deut­sches Wein­gut mit einem tro­cke­nen Ries­ling am berühm­tes­ten Han­dels­platz für Grand Vins welt­weit ver­mark­tet.

[www.weinkenner.de]

John

11 Punkte, die Sie sofort zum Wein-Experten machen
15 September 2022 08:18
11 Punkte, die Sie sofort zum Wein-Experten machen

BERLIN Der beliebteste Wein, die wichtigsten Rebsorten, der beste Preis: Willkommen in der Welt der edlen Tropfen. Mit diesem Überblick meistern Sie sowohl den Einkauf als auch die nächste Experten-Runde.

[www.aachener-zeitung.de]

John

Mosel 2021 is “a vintage that brings a lot of joy”, Prüm winemaker says
15 September 2022 08:30
Mosel 2021 is “a vintage that brings a lot of joy”, Prüm winemaker says

After a summer when drought, heat and wildfires have brought the subject of climate change to the front of everyone’s minds, tasting the 2021 Mosel vintage seems all the more remarkable: a cool throwback to an bygone era of high acidity and steely, taut wines that may challenge when young, but will reward patient cellaring.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Belgium increasingly becoming a wine country
10 October 2022 17:30
Belgium increasingly becoming a wine country

The Belgian wine sector has been producing impressive growth figures for some time now, and although 2021 was difficult, 2022 promises to be another top year thanks to the hot summer.

[www.brusselstimes.com]

John

VDP announces Masters of Wine as its new official partner
10 October 2022 17:34
VDP announces Masters of Wine as its new official partner

The VDP, home to nearly 200 of Germany’s best winegrowers, and IMW (Institute of Masters of Wine) have long been associated with one another, expanding and enriching the network on both sides.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

MAKING DECISIONS FOR THE RIGHT RIESLING
18 October 2022 12:57
MAKING DECISIONS FOR THE RIGHT RIESLING

In the recent refrigeration project upgrade at Jim Barry Wines in the Clare Valley, plant decisions focused on the importance of quality Riesling production, but also crucially the right decisions were made for environmental sustainability.

[wbmonline.com.au]

John

Natural Wine Welcomes You, Mosel Riesling
18 October 2022 13:15
Natural Wine Welcomes You, Mosel Riesling

Crystalline, laserlike, pure, precise—these are the words that have come to define Mosel riesling. Can a place so bound by technical winemaking carve out space for natural wine?

[punchdrink.com]

John

Cellar Tour and Tasting with Daniel Wagner at Weingut Wagner-Stempel (VDP) in Siefersheim, Rheinhessen - Germany-South and Alsace 2022 by ombiasy WineTours

Our first winery visit on the Germany-South and Alsace 2022 by ombiasy WineTours (July 1 to 10, 2022) took us to Siefersheim, in the far northwestern corner of the Rheinhessen wine region.

John

SILVANER’S MOMENT IS NOW
02 November 2022 18:17
SILVANER’S MOMENT IS NOW

Silvaner. It's complicated. Ask about its nature or character, and like as not you’ll get one answer: asparagus. With delicate vegetal aromas and moderate acidity, Silvaner is indeed a near perfect pairing for the fabled stalk that emerges from the earth to fill German grocery stores and market stalls annually between April and June. Yet, stop for a minute and imagine: what if there were more?

[trinkmag.com]

John

Eine Legende von der Mosel
04 November 2022 13:30
Eine Legende von der Mosel
:
Weltberühmt und teuer: Die Weine des „Bernkasteler Doctors“

[www.aachener-zeitung.de]

John

Ahr: De Beste Wijnmakers - Vinum WeinGuide Deutschland/ Duitsland 2023
28 November 2022 13:30
Ahr: De Beste Wijnmakers - Vinum WeinGuide Deutschland/ Duitsland 2023

De Vinum Weinguide Germany 2023 werd een paar weken geleden uitgebracht en presenteerde de keuze van Vinum van de beste 1 000 wijnproducenten van Duitsland en beoordeelt meer dan 10 700 wijnen op 1118 pagina's.

John

German visiting scholar studies red wine quality
28 November 2022 18:10
German visiting scholar studies red wine quality

As a student in Germany, Ingrid Weilack was inspired by Washington State University enology professor Jim Harbertson. Now, the visiting scholar is experiencing what it’s like to work with him at the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates WSU Wine Science Center.

[news.wsu.edu]

John

Wie is er nog ?
26 November 2022 21:20
Al jaren niet meer hier geweest, maar wat was het toch een leuk phorumsmoking smiley
Re: Wie is er nog ?
26 November 2022 21:23
Robert, wake up hot smiley
Re: Wie is er nog ?
26 November 2022 22:35
Leuk om dit weer eens op te rakelen, waarde Hendrik smiling smiley.
Mooie proeverijen meegemaakt via het wijnprikbord en een paar geweldige proefclubjes en mooie vriendschappen aan over gehouden thumbs up.
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen