Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Spanje

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Grupo Rioja calls for more support as ‘Basque Wine’ shored up
10 June 2020 18:52
Grupo Rioja calls for more support as ‘Basque Wine’ shored up

Rioja wine producers have lashed out at the ‘insufficient measures’ adopted by the Spanish government yesterday to alleviate the impact of Covid-19 on Spain’s wine sector.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Tempranillo: You Will Soon See More Of The Popular Star Grape Of Rioja
19 August 2020 18:48
Tempranillo: You Will Soon See More Of The Popular Star Grape Of Rioja

In the world's top-ten list of most planted grapes, there is one that you will find almost exclusively in one country. The grape is the red Tempranillo. The country is Spain.

[www.forbes.com]

John

The New Cava Isn’t Called Cava
20 August 2020 19:26
The New Cava Isn’t Called Cava

"Google Maps can’t find Cava, Spain. Make sure your search is spelled correctly.”

This error message sums up the existential crisis facing Spain’s most famous fizzy wine. Unlike Champagne, cava refers not to a place, but a style of wine: namely, Spanish sparkling produced via the traditional Champagne method.

[punchdrink.com]

John

Three Misunderstood Topics in Spanish Wine
24 August 2020 19:24
Three Misunderstood Topics in Spanish Wine

On the surface, Spain seems relatively straightforward as compared to the other top producers of wine worldwide. It has just 97 DOP-level regions—nothing like the nearly 400 appellations of France. Unlike Italy, which claims as many as 2,000 native varieties, Spain makes 88% of its wine from 20 core varieties.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

WWC20 – Gratavinum, Priorat
26 August 2020 18:57
WWC20 – Gratavinum, Priorat

For this (unedited) entry to our sustainability writing competition, Ruma Singh takes us from Bangalore, where she lives, to Priorat. She writes, 'After a career as a lifestyle journalist with a newspaper group in India, I found my interest in wine, which led me to give up my day job to focus on freelance wine journalism. I am a complete travel junkie … that has currently come to a standstill. I am also at the final stages of finishing my WSET Diploma in London. During busier times, I have been a judge, consultant, columnist and writer on wine for several publications, including on my own website, Between the Wines at rumasingh.com. Also on the agenda: that book on wine I’ve been thinking about.' For all of the (unedited) entries that we have published so far, see this guide.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen