Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Spanje

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Grupo Rioja calls for more support as ‘Basque Wine’ shored up
10 June 2020 16:52
Grupo Rioja calls for more support as ‘Basque Wine’ shored up

Rioja wine producers have lashed out at the ‘insufficient measures’ adopted by the Spanish government yesterday to alleviate the impact of Covid-19 on Spain’s wine sector.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Tempranillo: You Will Soon See More Of The Popular Star Grape Of Rioja
19 August 2020 16:48
Tempranillo: You Will Soon See More Of The Popular Star Grape Of Rioja

In the world's top-ten list of most planted grapes, there is one that you will find almost exclusively in one country. The grape is the red Tempranillo. The country is Spain.

[www.forbes.com]

John

The New Cava Isn’t Called Cava
20 August 2020 17:26
The New Cava Isn’t Called Cava

"Google Maps can’t find Cava, Spain. Make sure your search is spelled correctly.”

This error message sums up the existential crisis facing Spain’s most famous fizzy wine. Unlike Champagne, cava refers not to a place, but a style of wine: namely, Spanish sparkling produced via the traditional Champagne method.

[punchdrink.com]

John

Three Misunderstood Topics in Spanish Wine
24 August 2020 17:24
Three Misunderstood Topics in Spanish Wine

On the surface, Spain seems relatively straightforward as compared to the other top producers of wine worldwide. It has just 97 DOP-level regions—nothing like the nearly 400 appellations of France. Unlike Italy, which claims as many as 2,000 native varieties, Spain makes 88% of its wine from 20 core varieties.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

WWC20 – Gratavinum, Priorat
26 August 2020 16:57
WWC20 – Gratavinum, Priorat

For this (unedited) entry to our sustainability writing competition, Ruma Singh takes us from Bangalore, where she lives, to Priorat. She writes, 'After a career as a lifestyle journalist with a newspaper group in India, I found my interest in wine, which led me to give up my day job to focus on freelance wine journalism. I am a complete travel junkie … that has currently come to a standstill. I am also at the final stages of finishing my WSET Diploma in London. During busier times, I have been a judge, consultant, columnist and writer on wine for several publications, including on my own website, Between the Wines at rumasingh.com. Also on the agenda: that book on wine I’ve been thinking about.' For all of the (unedited) entries that we have published so far, see this guide.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Entre 41 et 42 millions d'hl de vin et de moût pour l'Espagne
03 September 2020 16:28
Entre 41 et 42 millions d'hl de vin et de moût pour l'Espagne

D'après les dernières estimations du 1er septembre 2020, l'Espagne devrait produire entre 41 et 42 millions d'hectolitres de vin et de mout sur la récolte 2020.

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

Re: Entre 41 et 42 millions d'hl de vin et de moût pour l'Espagne
03 September 2020 16:32
Der Klimawandel und die Weinlese 2020

In weiten Teilen Europas ist die Weinlese in vollem Gange. Nicht überall wirkt sich der Klimawandel gleich aus. Während in südlichen Region höhere Temperaturen zu deutlich früherem Erntebeginn führten, ist dies in nördlichen Regionen diesmal weniger der Fall. Wetterextreme wie Dürre oder Starkregen hielten sich 2020 bisher fast überall in Grenzen. Allgemein können Delinat-Winzer eine gute Traubenqualität bei eher unterdurchschnittlicher Menge einfahren.

[www.delinat.com]

John

03 September 2020 16:37
En images. Landes : les vendanges ont démarré dans le vignoble du Tursan

Les vendanges ont commencé jeudi 27 août en Tursan. Au petit matin, dans la fraîcheur matinale, les vignerons de la cave coopérative s’activent pour récolter mécaniquement les merlots et cabernets francs. La récolte s’annonce prometteuse, cette année

[www.sudouest.fr]

John

04 September 2020 17:18
Spanish grape growers halt their harvest strike

As Spanish grape prices plunged, growers halted their harvest. While they are back at work today, the Spanish wine sector remains gripped by crisis. Barnaby Eales reports.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

04 September 2020 17:20
French 2020 harvest on track to be bigger than last year’s thanks to warm weather

We continue our update on how harvests are shaping up across the northern hemisphere with this round up of the latest news in France, with a particular focus on the situation in Bordeaux from the perspective of local winemaker Gavin Quinney of Chateau Bauduc.

[app.vinex.market]

John

10 September 2020 18:20
Record Harvest Brings Welcome Relief To French Wine Growers

After poor sales during the pandemic and suffering under U.S. trade tariffs, French wine producers have finally had some good news. The 2020 harvest, which started worryingly early, appears to be a good one.

[www.forbes.com]

John

14 September 2020 17:35
CHAMPAGNE HARVEST SMASHED ALL RECORDS

This year’s harvest in Champagne has smashed all past records for picking dates, as news reaches db of an even earlier start date than officially declared.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

16 September 2020 16:58
German wine harvest expected to be above 2019 level: Destatis

BERLIN, Sept. 15 (Xinhua) -- Winemakers in Germany expected the harvest in 2020 to be 6.4 percent bigger than the previous year when the vintage was below-average, the Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) announced on Tuesday.

[www.xinhuanet.com]

John

16 September 2020 17:00
Harvest During COVID's Second Wave: Spanish Wineries Fight for the 2020 Vintage

Spain has been hard-hit by coronavirus, but vintners are adapting to rebuild businesses and keep workers safe

[www.winespectator.com]

John

21 September 2020 17:12
Uncertainty Reigns in Spain's Strange Vintage

Spain's harvest is likely to go down as the country’s most contentious harvest in decades, marked by a dramatic fall in grape prices as wine producers grapple with the impact of Covid-19 on demand and market uncertainty.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

23 September 2020 16:53
No COVID-19 test, no grape harvest in Spain's Basque Country

LAGUARDIA, Spain (Reuters) - All wine industry workers in Spain’s Rioja-producing region of Alava must undergo a coronavirus test before they start work to prevent COVID-19 outbreaks putting the grape harvest at risk.

[www.reuters.com]

John

BASTIDA: IT WILL TAKE 100 YEARS TO TELL RIOJA’S TERROIR STORY
21 October 2020 17:48
BASTIDA: IT WILL TAKE 100 YEARS TO TELL RIOJA’S TERROIR STORY

While applauding the region’s shift towards single vineyard wines, Ramón Bilbao’s chief winemaker, Rodolfo Bastida, thinks it will take a century to tell Rioja’s terroir story.

John

Old heat-resistant grape varieties reintroduced in Spanish Castilla y León
26 October 2020 18:09
Old heat-resistant grape varieties reintroduced in Spanish Castilla y León

There is an interest today in many wine countries for old, forgotten, grape varieties. Since 1990, the Technical Institute of Agriculture in the region of Castilla y León in Spain (ITACYL) has been conducting research with the aim of reintroducing the best clones of old, local grape varieties that adapt well to global warming.

[www.bkwine.com]?

John

Spain's Rioja wine region bans wining, dining as pandemic curbs grow
29 October 2020 17:59
Spain's Rioja wine region bans wining, dining as pandemic curbs grow

MADRID (Reuters) - The wine-producing region of La Rioja on Tuesday ordered the closure of restaurants and bars in its two largest towns for a month as part of widening restrictions across Spain to curb the coronavirus outbreak.

[www.reuters.com]

John

A Glass of Sherry May Improve Cardiovascular Health
12 November 2020 18:17
A Glass of Sherry May Improve Cardiovascular Health

A small study from the University of Barcelona finds that moderate consumption of the fortified Spanish wine could help restore damaged arteries

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Recovering the magic of El Marco: back to the sherry vineyards, and old ways of making wines
16 November 2020 18:10
Recovering the magic of El Marco: back to the sherry vineyards, and old ways of making wines

Jamie Goode visits Bodegas Luiz Perez, and meets Willy Perez, who is on a mission to recover the great sherries of the past, when the region was vineyard and not process-focused.

[wineanorak.com]

John

Why isn’t Rioja considered a fine wine?
17 November 2020 18:20
Why isn’t Rioja considered a fine wine?

It’s one of the world’s most rewarding wine regions, capable of profound, ageworthy bottlings. Yet too many people dismiss it as a good-value glugger, argues veteran critic Tim Atkin MW

[cluboenologique.com]

John

D.O. RÍAS BAIXAS COMPLETES 2020 HARVEST CHARACTERIZED BY EXCEPTIONAL AROMATIC INTENSITY
19 November 2020 18:09
D.O. RÍAS BAIXAS COMPLETES 2020 HARVEST CHARACTERIZED BY EXCEPTIONAL AROMATIC INTENSITY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (D.O. Rías Baixas, Pontevedra, Spain) November 18, 2020 – D.O. Rías Baixas has completed the 2020 harvest with a positive outlook on overall grape quality and COVID-19 health and safety practices. This year’s harvest started early on August 27 and ended on October 2. Highly favorable weather conditions throughout the growing season supported a 6% increase in yields, up from below average levels in 2019. D.O. Rías Baixas anticipates an outstanding 2020 vintage marked by exceptional aromatic intensity and balanced acidity, excellent news for worldwide fans of the Albariño variety.

[www.spiritedbiz.com]

John

The Secret to Spain’s Signature Style of Wine? Centuries-Old Architecture
02 December 2020 18:27
The Secret to Spain’s Signature Style of Wine? Centuries-Old Architecture

While modern wineries feature their share of architectural wonders, the historic bodegas of the Sherry triangle, many of which date to the mid-1800s, boast their own engineering marvels. Most were designed to create specific microclimates that encourage the development of flor, the blanket of dead yeast cells that forms over Sherry as it ages, protecting it from oxidation.

[www.winemag.com]

John

How Rioja Wine Academy is upskilling wine trade on Rioja
19 December 2020 11:36
How Rioja Wine Academy is upskilling wine trade on Rioja

With live events out of the picture this year, Rioja Wine UK developed a series of interactive Rioja Wine Academy Bootcamp online webinars to keep the region alive for the wine trade this autumn. Hosted by Tim Atkin MW and Sarah Jane Evans MW, these ‘voyages of discovery’ were created to offer an accessible and refreshing way of learning about Spain’s leading wine region and also shine a light on the Rioja Wine Academy resource – a free online educational platform dedicated to Rioja for trade and consumers alike. Mike Turner attended one of the Bootcamps and explains what the Rioja Wine Academy has in store for us.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

The Countries That Drank the Most Spanish Wine in 2019
05 January 2021 18:37
The Countries That Drank the Most Spanish Wine in 2019

Spain’s wine industry is unlike any other in the world. Though it has historically fallen behind France and Italy in popularity and prestige, data acquired from UN Comtrade shows that in 2019, Spanish wine producers exported nearly the same amount of wine as the other two industry-leading countries. Around 2.1 billion liters of Spanish wine were sent around the globe, which were valued at just over $3 billion. Italy also exported 2.1 billion liters of wine in 2019, but the total value was more than double that of Spain’s exports, clocking in at $7.2 billion. France exported just over 3 billion liters of wine with a value of nearly $11 billion. So why is Spanish wine so undervalued? The answer lies in bulk wine. Roughly a quarter of Spain’s wine exports are sent to France, where the country’s cheaply grown, high-yielding grapes are either turned into table wine or are blended and re-exported.

[vinepair.com]

John

Historic snowstorm in Priorat destroys large portion of emblematic cellar Vall Llach
12 January 2021 13:34
Historic snowstorm in Priorat destroys large portion of emblematic cellar Vall Llach

While most Spanish and international news reports have focused on the historically high snow fall in and around Madrid, other parts of the country have been hit hard by snow as well for the last three days which has intensified over the last 24 hours.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Spanish Priorat Earns Prestige Thanks To Entrepreneurial Winemakers
25 January 2021 18:50
Spanish Priorat Earns Prestige Thanks To Entrepreneurial Winemakers

I tasted the wine blind, just before dinner was served. I tasted dark berries and some spices; the wine was powerful, fresh and lively. My guess was a 2016, maybe from the Rhône Valley. It turned out to be a Priorat from Spain, vintage 1998. I wasn’t disheartened; more amazed that the wine felt so young.

[www.forbes.com]

John

FROM SHERRY TO SEX TOYS: 8 UNLIKELY SECTORS THAT ARE BOOMING DURING LOCKDOWN
12 February 2021 18:04
FROM SHERRY TO SEX TOYS: 8 UNLIKELY SECTORS THAT ARE BOOMING DURING LOCKDOWN

Lockdown has been incredibly tough for many businesses- not least in the hospitality industry- as economic uncertainty and a lack of custom wreaks havoc. However, some industries seem to be thriving in spite of the times we’re living through.

John

Discord in Valdepeñas
05 March 2021 18:01
Discord in Valdepeñas

Several winegrowers' associations will leave the DO.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen