Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Spanje

Gepost door JohnCopier 
DO Cava unveils latest push to ‘elevate quality perception’
10 March 2021 15:50
DO Cava unveils latest push to ‘elevate quality perception’

The Consejo Regulador de la Denominación de Origen Protegida Cava (DO Cava) has launched its latest campaign aimed at elevating the ‘quality perception’ of the Spanish bubbles.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Wine -- Mise en abyme
18 March 2021 19:31
Wine -- Mise en abyme

A quest for knowledge. A mandate to share.

[mowse.blogspot.com]

John

Emergent Spanish wine regions: Galicia
22 March 2021 13:59
Emergent Spanish wine regions: Galicia

Galicia is also tagged by Pedro Ballesteros Torres as and "emergent" Spanish wine region.

Located in the northwest portion of the Iberian penninsula, Galicia is known for cool, moderate temperatures and green, lush, rolling hills. Its five official DOs (Ribeiro, Ribeira Sacra, Monterrei, Valdeorras, and Rias Baixas) are known for crisp, aromatic white wines from Albarino, Loureiro, Torrontes, Godello, Caiño Blanco, and Treixadura.

[mowse.blogspot.com]

John

How Some Noblemen, a Train and a Louse Helped Rioja Become a Global Superstar
13 April 2021 19:27
How Some Noblemen, a Train and a Louse Helped Rioja Become a Global Superstar

The earliest record of winemaking in Rioja, Spain, is from the 11th century B.C., when the Phoenicians settled the region. Local populations have made wine almost continuously since then. While Rioja’s geography isn’t conducive to wine exports, the climate is excellent for production. As a result, most of Rioja’s wine was consumed by residents or pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago until the 1800s.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Cavas de Guarda Superior to be 100% organic by 2025
28 April 2021 19:34
Cavas de Guarda Superior to be 100% organic by 2025

The Consejo Regulador de la Denominación de Origen Protegida Cava (DO Cava) has announced that the production of Cavas de Guarda Superior will be 100% organic by 2025.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

DOQ Priorat’s first “Grans Vinyes Classificades”
30 April 2021 19:12
DOQ Priorat’s first “Grans Vinyes Classificades”

DOQ Priorat has officially announced the first wines to be released under the “Gran vinya classificada” scheme by certifying: Mas de la Rosa of Vall Llach, 1902 – Tossal d’en Bou of Mas Doix, and l’Ermita of Álvaro Palacios in what should be regarded as “Grand Cru” vineyards at the top of the new DOQ Priorat classification pyramid, introduced in 2019.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Grapevine pruning in Barolo: pursuing vitality and longevity in Nebbiolo
30 April 2021 19:37
Grapevine pruning in Barolo: pursuing vitality and longevity in Nebbiolo

Left untamed, the grapevine is an unruly, perennial, deciduous, climbing plant. Using its tendrils, amongst other adaptive features, the vine, a liana, will use nearby trees to climb up and above the canopy established by competing trees and plants. A heliophyte, Vitis has by process of natural selection acquired a number of ingenious adaptations to support its upward struggle for sunlight.

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

Re: Spanje
09 May 2021 21:52
John, dank voor al deze positieve bijdragen m.b.t. Spaanse wijn >grinning smiley<
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen