Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Spanje

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Sherry: CVNE's Secret White Wine Ingredient
21 November 2021 12:37
Sherry: CVNE's Secret White Wine Ingredient

The Spanish wine giant has revealed a very special ingredient in a new white Rioja blend.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
DO Penedès: new rules and aiming for Spanish wine’s top-tier
26 November 2021 14:14
DO Penedès: new rules and aiming for Spanish wine’s top-tier

Ambitious growth plans include a requirement for vineyards to go fully organic and a push to gain DOQ status at the top of Spain's classification hierarchy, the DO Penedès wine body has said.

[www.decanter.com]

John

500 years after the Inquisition, Spain’s kosher wine industry is taking off
22 November 2021 14:28
500 years after the Inquisition, Spain’s kosher wine industry is taking off

Before their expulsion, Jews played a major role in wine production in Spanish-speaking lands for centuries; now a resurgence sees bottles flying off the shelves at home and abroad

[www.timesofisrael.com]

John

TOP 100 WINES OF SPAIN 2021
25 November 2021 13:20
TOP 100 WINES OF SPAIN 2021

Just over a month ago, we finished our tasting of 1,500 Spanish wines, and from those we whittled our list down to the Top 100 for 2021. Above all, it shows that the country is currently at a crossroads of change, with innovative, young producers joining and sometimes surpassing their well-versed and traditional cohort in making superb wines in a mosaic of styles from revived vineyards, cooler terroirs and forgotten grapes.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Inside Cava’s Quest to Upgrade its Reputation
03 December 2021 14:13
Inside Cava’s Quest to Upgrade its Reputation

Amidst movements to leave the Cava DO, the denomination has introduced new, quality-minded regulations. Can it change the perception of Spain’s most famous sparkling wine?

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Best Catalan wines of 2021
09 December 2021 13:53
Best Catalan wines of 2021

At the end of each year, I like to look back at all the wines I’ve tasted and pick out those in Catalunya that were either outstanding or represented something notable within various regions. This was a busy year for tastings and between the reports of: DO Tarragona, DO Terra Alta, DOQ Priorat, and Corpinnat as well as various tastings with winemakers, I was more or less on pace and tasted over 1,000 references from Catalunya. Keep in mind that it’s still a bit slow going given that we are still very much in a pandemic and bigger tastings are something we just can’t be doing yet although many are anyways.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Why the Tiny, Tenacious Terra Alta Wine Region Should be on Your Radar
22 December 2021 13:06
Why the Tiny, Tenacious Terra Alta Wine Region Should be on Your Radar

One hundred miles from the filament-lit natural wine bars of Barcelona rises Terra Alta, a region few have heard of and even fewer can place on a map. Its name alone, “highlands” in English, conjures images of a magical faraway land. Weathered gothic arches, a once thriving medieval saffron trade, and centuries-long rule by the Templar Knights confer its mystique.

[vinepair.com]

John

Wine Grape Growers Take Leap To Make Fine Wines In A Spanish Wine Region Dominated By Icons
03 January 2022 18:27
Wine Grape Growers Take Leap To Make Fine Wines In A Spanish Wine Region Dominated By Icons

Crouched down near the ground, a sharp pain went up his knees and lower back as weathered hands reached out to old grape vines, around 50 years old, to harvest the few bunches of concentrated Tempranillo grape bunches that looked like they hung on a skeleton of a bush plant with its thick, gnarly trunk. The sun beating down on top of his head forced his eyes to squint to combat the glare and the dirt on his face and hands lessened the brutal effects of the sun as he picked his precious fruit. His wife and children were there to help; his ten-year-old son already a seasoned harvester with his skill and speed; his parents, who were advanced in age, would still stubbornly insist on helping out even though many times they would only be able to get through a few vines by the end of the day – each vine only producing a relatively small amount of fruit.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Sherry’s Indie Moment
28 January 2022 13:49
Sherry’s Indie Moment

There’s no single origin point for the modern sherry renaissance, but the aged cask of amontillado that Eduardo Ojeda and Jesús Barquín of Equipo Navazos bottled in December 2005 would be a solid place to start.

[punchdrink.com]

John

What’s the deal with Cava’s new top tier, Guarda Superior?
01 February 2022 18:18
What’s the deal with Cava’s new top tier, Guarda Superior?

The Cava DO’s new rules around the ageing and labelling of its top-tier wines have come into play. What does it mean for sparkling wine fans? Simon Field MW explains

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Vega Sicilia invests €20m in Galicia white wine plan.
08 February 2022 18:30
Vega Sicilia invests €20m in Galicia white wine plan

Leading Spanish producer Vega Sicilia has announced a €20m (£16.8m) investment in a new winery and vineyards in the Rías Baixas wine region of Galicia, on the verdant, Atlantic edge of Spain.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Rioja’s prime single vineyards, where terroir is king
14 February 2022 18:43
Rioja’s prime single vineyards, where terroir is king

In four years’ time, Rioja will celebrate its 100th birthday as a denominación de origen. One of the most widely known names in the world of wine, it has a stylistic expression that tends to veer on the side of creamy indulgence and sensual satisfaction. Happy days, one might think. And yet Rioja is in the throes of an identity crisis – and the grumbles of discontent are getting louder. They are fuelled by philosophical aspiration and political ambition, each pulling in a slightly different direction, each built on the apparently solid axiom that Rioja is one of the very greatest wines in the world and should, finally, be hailed as such.

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Higher and higher: La Rioja Alta continues to climb
28 February 2022 11:12
Higher and higher: La Rioja Alta continues to climb

The venerable La Rioja Alta has spread its wings in recent years, even venturing into Ribera del Duero. Sarah Jane Evans MW considers how a single producer working with a single grape variety in one part of northern Spain can yield such diverse styles

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Tempranillo becomes most planted grape in Spain
10 March 2022 18:20
Tempranillo becomes most planted grape in Spain

The Spanish Ministry for Agriculture, Fishery and Nutrition has announced that the country’s most popular red grape, Tempranillo, is now also the most planted.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Top Wine Region In Spain Using Old Technique Of ‘Layering’ Century-Old Vines
14 March 2022 18:08

José Antolín grew up in a small village in Spain, home of only a few hundred people during the 1930s to 1950s; even today, only around 250 people still reside there. Like many of their neighbors, his family was dirt poor as there was very little work and just simply putting food on the table was a constant weekly challenge. Almost an hour away, in the historical city of Burgos, there was an opportunity for the Antolín family to open a garage to repair cars and tractors as many wheat farmers surrounded the town as well as a booming industrial economy existed where many inhabitants were making a good living. In 1950, José and his brother invented the rubber-metal steering joints in automobiles helping to prolong the life of this component; fast-forward to today, the family's company, Antolín Group, a Spanish multinational company that designs and manufactures parts for the interiors of cars, has sales that are in the billions of dollars as well as has their components in nine of the ten best-selling vehicles in the world.

[www.forbes.com]

John

The relationship between Rioja and Bordeaux? It’s complicated
18 March 2022 18:06
The relationship between Rioja and Bordeaux? It’s complicated

Nina Caplan explores the historical ties between the two leading wine regions and how a healthy rivalry continues to equate to greatness in the glass

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Impact of reducing alcohol techniques in the aromatic chemical profile of rosé Tempranillo wines
18 March 2022 18:16
Impact of reducing alcohol techniques in the aromatic chemical profile of rosé Tempranillo wines

The goal of this research was to study the impact of reducing alcohol techniques in the chemical composition of the aromatic profile of rosé Tempranillo wines from the spanish region of Castilla-La Mancha

[www.infowine.com]

John

23 March 2022 18:27

José Antolín grew up in a small village in Spain, home of only a few hundred people during the 1930s to 1950s; even today, only around 250 people still reside there. Like many of their neighbors, his family was dirt poor as there was very little work and just simply putting food on the table was a constant weekly challenge. Almost an hour away, in the historical city of Burgos, there was an opportunity for the Antolín family to open a garage to repair cars and tractors as many wheat farmers surrounded the town as well as a booming industrial economy existed where many inhabitants were making a good living. In 1950, José and his brother invented the rubber-metal steering joints in automobiles helping to prolong the life of this component; fast-forward to today, the family’s company, Antolín Group, a Spanish multinational company that designs and manufactures parts for the interiors of cars, has sales that are in the billions of dollars as well as has their components in nine of the ten best-selling vehicles in the world.

[damewine.com]

John

Sebastopol vintner admits guilt for killing man, injuring boy while driving drunk
24 March 2022 18:14
Sebastopol vintner admits guilt for killing man, injuring boy while driving drunk

A Sebastopol vintner pleaded guilty in Sonoma County Superior Court Wednesday to vehicular manslaughter while driving drunk in connection with a 2021 crash that killed a Santa Rosa cyclist and seriously injured a 12-year-old boy.

[www.pressdemocrat.com]

John

Spanish wine sector concerned over rising prices, transport strike
30 March 2022 17:29
Spanish wine sector concerned over rising prices, transport strike

Madrid, March 29 (IANS) Rising food and energy prices caused by the Ukraine-Russia war, as well as a strike by truck drivers which has entered its third week is leading to widespread problems in the food industry in Spain.

[menafn.com]

John

Arribaes: The New frontier of Iberian fine wines
11 April 2022 17:16
Arribaes: The New frontier of Iberian fine wines

It is known as Arribes del Duero in Spanish, and Arribas Do Douro in Portuguese, but now Iberian producers in this cross-frontier wine region have joined forces to create Arribaes, a new brand of low-intervention fine wines.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Saving La Palma’s special vine heritage
11 April 2022 17:18
Saving La Palma’s special vine heritage

A collaboration project aims to revive varieties lost to the 2021 eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcanic ridge.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Rioja: An Icon Adapts
22 April 2022 17:35
Rioja: An Icon Adapts

Rioja has been associated for decades with red wines of style. But for more than 15 years now, the region has implemented a number of regulations, planting, and allowance strategies that are directly impacting new trends in well-established markets like the UK and US.

We have identified five major trends taking the spotlight:

1. Approval of resurrected native and international grape varieties—resulting in the growth of white wine sales.
2. Establishing the phrase “Viñedo Singular”—a designation of a special vineyard to reveal a sense of place.
3. Approval of the production and sale of Rioja sparkling wines.
4. Growth in rosé wine production.
5. A marked return to the heritage of old vines.

Let’s dive into these trends.

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

Sarah Jane Evans MW gets under the skin of the Ultimate Rioja
02 May 2022 19:24
Sarah Jane Evans MW gets under the skin of the Ultimate Rioja

The Ultimate Rioja tasting earlier this month was a snapshot of where Rioja currently is as a winemaking region. The tasting showcased some of the finest wines of Rioja – 48 wines from 39 producers – that had been judged ‘best in class’ by a panel of industry experts guided by panel chair and leading authority on Rioja, Sarah Jane Evans MW. As well as shining a spotlight on the high quality coming out of the region, it also highlighted the diversity of wine styles currently representing Rioja. Sophia Longhi talks to Evans as well as picks her favourite wines from the tasting.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Priorat’s Fira del Vi exceeds all expectations
10 May 2022 17:11
Priorat’s Fira del Vi exceeds all expectations

What is perhaps one of the biggest wine events in all of Catalunya or least the biggest for the Priorat region is the annual Fira de Vi that takes place on the first weekend of May.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Re: Priorat’s Fira del Vi exceeds all expectations
10 May 2022 17:14
Compte-rendu de dégustation séance Priorat

Certes, j’ai un peu de retard dans mes comptes rendus puisque cette séance date du 9 mars 2020 à l’époque ou le Covid-19 était une banale maladie chinoise. Mais la séance était intéressante et méritait une trace.

[vertivin.fr]

John

DO Penedès announces the first “Vi de Mas” wines
17 May 2022 17:46
DO Penedès announces the first “Vi de Mas” wines

The first five “Vi de Mas” wines have been certified following a change to the bylaws in DO Penedès.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Why Spanish Winemakers Are Exploring the Still Side of Cava
31 May 2022 17:34
Why Spanish Winemakers Are Exploring the Still Side of Cava

Cava, the widely recognized sparkling wine of Catalonia, Spain, is produced in the traditional method from a unique blend of both native and internationally sourced grapes. The local varieties, most commonly Macabeo, Xarel-lo, and Parellada, are some of the most widely planted grapes in Cava producing regions, yet we rarely see them in their still form. With Cava’s whirlwind rise to popularity, winemakers are taking a step back to consider the region’s indigenous grapes and potential beyond bubbly, creating a unique category of exciting still wines.

[vinepair.com]

John

Spanish Premium Wine Region Commits To 100% Tempranillo Wines
15 July 2022 11:45
Spanish Premium Wine Region Commits To 100% Tempranillo Wines

The incredible smells of thick steaks cooking over a wood fire fueled by grapevines encourage drool to form at the guests’ mouths as they eagerly wait in anticipation for a meal of a lifetime. The large centuries-old kitchen had festive Spanish music playing in the background as the multi-course meal with free-flowing wine brought everyone along a journey that was a magical dining experience. All the good things in life could be enjoyed in one place, the home of a winemaking family who were also restaurateurs who loved nothing more than to host people in their ancient family home tucked away in a tiny town in the Spanish wine region of Ribera del Duero.

[damewine.com]

John

Spain: Time for a Rethink in Rioja?
06 August 2022 11:49
Spain: Time for a Rethink in Rioja?

The Rioja classification system has tradition and determines marketing. Ever cheaper Reservas, however, are causing criticism and fueling doubts about the traditional model. David Schwarzwälder reports.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen