Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Spanje

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Spanish winery reports earliest harvest on record
27 August 2022 12:35
Spanish winery reports earliest harvest on record

Spanish winery Caserío de Dueñas, located in the Rueda DO, kicked off its earliest harvest in history on 16 August this year, warning that the effects of global warming will continue to see harvest dates creep forward.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Bodegas Roda: a contemporary wine “bottling landscape and vintages”
05 October 2022 13:48
Bodegas Roda: a contemporary wine “bottling landscape and vintages”

Within the broad spectrum of winemaking philosophies seen in Spain’s Rioja region, Bodegas Roda sits firmly at the contemporary, rather than traditional, end of the scale. After all, its most expensive wine, Cirsion, is also the one that spends the least amount of time in oak – typically eight to 10 months. But then Cirsion’s story begins in the vineyard, not the cellar.

John

Exploring Marques de Riscal's Vintage Magic
09 October 2022 13:06
Exploring Marques de Riscal's Vintage Magic

A unique tasting in Spain revealed some spectacular Riojas stretching back across 160 vintages – and a few surprises.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Green light for Vineyards of Alava appellation in Rioja Alavesa
25 October 2022 10:37
Green light for Vineyards of Alava appellation in Rioja Alavesa

The Basque government has authorised the Vineyards of Alava appellation (PDO) for wine producers in Rioja Alavesa, the Rioja sub-region which forms part of the Basque Country in Northern Spain.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Spanish Wine Academy: how perceptions were challenged
02 November 2022 13:34
Spanish Wine Academy: how perceptions were challenged

The music you play, the ambient temperature, the crockery, cutlery and stemware you choose… they all influence how and what we taste. These were just some of the learnings from Spanish Wine Academy, the thinktank set up by Ramón Bilbao, to improve everyone’s knowledge about Spanish wine and wine tasting in general. Sarah McCleery discovers some truly enlightening facts about the Neuroscience of Wine Service and also realises there is a lot more to Garnacha than at first appears.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Once Underrated, Spain’s Jumilla Wine Region Steps into the Spotlight
02 November 2022 18:21
Once Underrated, Spain’s Jumilla Wine Region Steps into the Spotlight

Driving around Jumilla, a rugged wine region wedged between Spain’s Mediterranean coast and the plains of La Mancha, it is impossible to avoid passing the Castillo de Jumilla—an enduring landmark of Jumilla’s storied past. The castle comes into view when entering or leaving the region’s namesake town, regardless of which direction you are driving or which route you take. When my husband and I visited last summer, we joked we were like goldfish in a bowl swimming past the castle every time we passed but continually stunned by its presence, as if noticing it for the first time.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Is there a future for Tempranillo in Ribera del Duero?
22 November 2022 18:10
Is there a future for Tempranillo in Ribera del Duero?

At a tasting of his top 100 wines from Ribera del Duero, Tim Atkin MW warned of the threat the region now faces from climate change, with Spain’s most famous grape variety at risk.

John

Why no fame for the wines of Spain?
23 January 2023 12:37
Why no fame for the wines of Spain?

A few months ago, a wine educator in Texas wrote to me asking who is “influential” in Spanish wine along the lines of writers and educators.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Spanish Winery Tells Sexy Stories
30 January 2023 15:03
Spanish Winery Tells Sexy Stories

Erotic literature and wine aren't usually obvious partners, but they are in this week's news round-up.[/b]

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Spanish wine in numbers
07 February 2023 13:55
Spanish wine in numbers

When writing about why the wines of Spain have lacked fame, I made mention that for 2021, Spain produced the second-largest amount of wine in the world of any country. Again, this begs the question as to why it’s not held in the same regard as Italy and France; numbers one and three. To address those issues, I suggest a read of my previous article if you haven’t already.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen