Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Diversen

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Garnacha Masterclass conducted by Norrel Robertson MW
01 June 2021 19:17
Garnacha Masterclass conducted by Norrel Robertson MW

Since writing The wines of Roussillon, I have become much more aware of the qualities of Grenache, or rather Garnacha as a grape variety, so to continue the exploration further, south of the border, I took the opportunity to listen to Norrel Robertson presenting a Masterclass on Garnacha, to give its Spanish name.

[tastelanguedoc.blogspot.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
The Ancient Origins of Beer Geeks and Wine Snobs
03 June 2021 18:59
The Ancient Origins of Beer Geeks and Wine Snobs

If you’re into wine or beer, you’ve likely come across a few “wine snobs” or “beer geeks.” While they might seem like a modern phenomenon, millennia of evidence proves otherwise. But like everything in history, it depends on where you look.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Why Aren't There More 100-point Wines?
30 June 2021 19:38
Why Aren't There More 100-point Wines?

Although wine-making has never been better, getting the top score is no mean feat.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Long read: Authenticity is worth its weight in gold
01 July 2021 19:00
Long read: Authenticity is worth its weight in gold

Callum Saunders, head of planning at ZEAL Creative, looks to the latest BrewDog scandal over its “solid gold” cans for lessons on the importance of promotional excellence.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

The New Rules of Wine Glasses? There are No Rules.
12 July 2021 19:07
The New Rules of Wine Glasses? There are No Rules.

Stephanie Summerson Hall’s earliest childhood memories are soaked in a kaleidoscope of color. Hall’s grandmother, Estelle, was an avid collector of Depression-era glassware. At her South Carolina home, Estelle’s heirlooms sat perched in two china cabinets until ripe for picking on holidays and Sunday dinners when she’d honor those who gathered with a feast served in sparkling emerald green- and amber-colored glassware.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Michael David Winery's Grape Microbiota Experiment Set To Return To Earth Aboard The SpaceX-22 Mission
14 July 2021 19:21
Michael David Winery's Grape Microbiota Experiment Set To Return To Earth Aboard The SpaceX-22 Mission

LODI, Calif., July 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Michael David Winery is excited to announce their fermentation experiment, Grape Microbiota, is expected to return to Earth on July 17th. Partnering with Common Sense Solutions (CSS) and sent to the International Space Station on the Northrop Grumman CRS-15 mission payload in February, this experiment investigated the microbial ecology and dynamics of grape juice fermentation in the absence of gravity. Michael David Winery is the first winery in history to conduct wine fermentation on the International Space Station.

[www.prnewswire.com]

John

Grenaches du Monde 2021 : ma sélection de médailles d’or
19 July 2021 19:01
Grenaches du Monde 2021 : ma sélection de médailles d’or

Pour rappel, Grenaches du Monde est un Concours annuel ouvert à tous les vins issus majoritairement de grenache, sans restriction de couleur, d’origine ou de nationalité. J’y participe toujours avec beaucoup de plaisir, d’abord parce que j’aime énormément ce cépage, ensuite parce que l’ambiance y est toujours très chaleureuse et amicale. Mais surtout, il faut reconnaître qu’au fil des ans, ce concours a largement contribué à changer l’image de ce cépage et a permis de mieux en saisir ses grandes expressions.

[les5duvin.wordpress.com]

John

Cabernet Franc's Shot at Glory
19 July 2021 19:18
Cabernet Franc's Shot at Glory

Forever in the shadow of more famous red grapes, the Bordeaux stalwart is looking to a brighter future.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

EFFECTS OF WIND ON WINE
20 July 2021 14:08
EFFECTS OF WIND ON WINE

TWO CALIFORNIA VINTNERS DISCUSS HOW WIND INFLUENCES VITICULTURE, WINEMAKING AND RESULTING WINE STYLES

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

The Cultivation Method That Makes This Hungarian Wine a Legend
20 July 2021 19:18
The Cultivation Method That Makes This Hungarian Wine a Legend

The region of Tokaj, located in the northeast corner of Hungary, hides an intricate labyrinth of wine cellars. There, amid the earthy scent of oak barrels, lies one of the world’s most famous dessert wines, Tokaji Aszú.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen