Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Diversen

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Wine – The Glass is Half Full
14 February 2023 14:36
Wine – The Glass is Half Full

Over the past several weeks, two key industry reports have indicated the glass is half empty. First, from Silicon Valley Bank’s State of the Wine Industry Report 2023, one writer recapped, “Younger consumers are not reaching for wine in anything like the older consumers did.” Many other writers conveyed similar points. Second, the 2023 Direct to Consumer Shipping Report by Sovos/ShipCompliant and WinesVines Analytics, resulted in headlines like “DTC wine volume and values fell in 2022.” While the points are both technically correct, looking deeper into the data provides positive highlights for the wine industry.

[www.bw166.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Winemakers Are Reimagining Grape Waste as a Resource
23 February 2023 13:01
Winemakers Are Reimagining Grape Waste as a Resource

Discarded grape pomace, free-run press juice, and dropped fruit can all become key ingredients in other revenue-driving products, from cosmetics to vermouth

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

France: No Likes for 'Drinkfluencers'
23 February 2023 13:10
France: No Likes for 'Drinkfluencers'

The French judiciary has forced the Meta Group (Instagram, Facebook) to delete content from influencers who posted "unauthorised advertisements" for alcoholic drinks. As the newspapers Le Figaro and Sud-Ouest and the TV station BFM and Drinks Business reported, the 20 influencers fell foul of laws originally passed in 1991.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Devil's Advocate: Vinegar or Wine?
23 February 2023 13:12
Devil's Advocate: Vinegar or Wine?

Robert Joseph wonders if younger consumers - and sommeliers - are growing more tolerant of volatile acidity than older experts.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Dan Berger On Wine: The demand for esoterica
23 February 2023 13:15
Dan Berger On Wine: The demand for esoterica

As a zealous buyer of dry German Rieslings, I began noticing a trend about a year ago that unfortunately has continued to plague me: I’m paying more for the driest versions.

[napavalleyregister.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen