Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Diversen

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Idealwine launches WineDex, a secure app for authenticating wines
02 July 2019 17:02
After pioneering wine e-commerce and online auctions, Idealwine is breaking new ground in bottle authentication by creating an app using RFID (radio frequency identification) technology, itself linked to blockchain technology.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
These countries drink wine but don't import it
01 July 2019 17:03
Many countries produce wine, while many don't; and many countries consume wine, while many don't. Since the places of production and consumption are not always the same, there is a lot of wine movement around the globe (see the post on Where does all of this wine come from and go to?).

[winegourd.blogspot.com]

John

Wine lingo
27 June 2019 17:11
Winemakers often regard their wines in much the same way they do their children. People outside the family circle can delight in them, speak of their beauty, marvel at their positive qualities, but criticise them at your peril. If you’re in the business of wine commentary you often have winemakers asking you what you think of their wines. This is a minefield, so it’s necessary to develop some language that won’t give offence.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Re: Wine lingo
29 June 2019 07:24
Vino Lingo-Alice Warnecke Sutro, Sutro Wine Company, Sonoma.

[lifebetweenthevines.com]

John

Top 15 wine producing countries, 2018
24 June 2019 17:21
Top 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of wine during 2018.

Nederland blaast een aardige partij mee.

[app.vinex.market]

John

Re: Top 15 wine producing countries, 2018
25 June 2019 13:03
Ik neem aan dat Nederland er als tussenhandelaar bij staat?
Exporteren wij ook niet zo’n beetje de meeste tomaten ter wereld?
Niet dat we ze hier allemaal kweken maar wel veel verhandelen via import en export.
Garlic peeling: four techniques put to the test after Twitter melts down over viral video
18 June 2019 16:58
A video of an innovative way to peel a whole head of garlic has spread across social media, making many question whether they have been doing it wrong their entire culinary lives. The Twitter video made it look simple enough so Guardian Australia decided to put this new technique plus three of the most common garlic-peeling techniques to the test

Mag hier niet ontbreken.grinning smiley

[www.theguardian.com]

John

This is Why Summer Wines are Different from Winter Wines (Video)
18 June 2019 16:37
We has such fun chatting about spring and summer wines on CTV’s The Social yesterday!

[www.nataliemaclean.com]

John

Does your county recycle wine bottles? The answer might surprise you.
17 June 2019 17:25
The conveyor chugged along, full of material. Workers on either side, wearing hard hats and two gloves on each hand, quickly removed anything that looked out of place. Another conveyor resembling an escalator carried the remains up to an optical sorter, which identified more chaff to be removed, then a shaker table, and yet another conveyor past more picky workers and so on, in a clanky, smelly Rube Goldberg-style operation that separated valuable material from contaminants. On a mezzanine overlooking the spectacle, a few busloads of second graders, a wine columnist and his daughter looked on, transfixed.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Paters Westvleteren lanceren webwinkel
14 June 2019 11:16
De paters van de Westvleteren-abdij gaan hun wereldbekende bier ook online verkopen. Het moet wel nog worden afgehaald in de abdij.

Nu nog wat meer brouwen...

[www.tijd.be]

John

Re: Paters Westvleteren lanceren webwinkel
15 June 2019 06:48
Bierrevolte in Westvleteren

[www.msn.com]

John

15 June 2019 10:15
Gaan ze dan nu een dagje extra in de maand brouwen om de advocaat te kunnen betalen?
Heb het bier gedronken, niets mis mee, maar om er nu naar België voor te rijden.....
16 June 2019 09:21
Elke reden om naar Belgie te rijden, en Westvleteren is er zo een, is een onderdompeling in de Bourgondische levensstijl. Spreekt mij zeer aan.

John

16 June 2019 12:13
Bij nader inzien, ik reed ooit voor 6 flessen Japanse wijn ook naar België cool smiley
Als je iets wilt hebben ga je er gewoon voor toch?
17 June 2019 17:12
Trappist monks turn to e-commerce to sell beer

Belgian Trappist monks who brew one of the world’s most sought-after beers are launching an online reservation system to prevent people from selling their bottles on at inflated prices.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Three things to know about wine writing
13 June 2019 17:11
Once when I was killing time at a Swiss airport, I met a very nice man. Prosperous looking, he wore a three-piece suit, and told me he was head of a manufacturing group. He was friendly and chatty.

[medium.com]

John

We Drink Basically The Same Wine As Ancient Romans — And That's Not So Great
11 June 2019 17:52
With wine, older usually means better. "Vintage," our word for "classily aged," comes from the winemaking process. Wines from decades ago fetch far higher prices than freshly made ones. Wine itself is woven throughout ancient history, from ancient Judeo-Christian rites (hello, Last Supper!) to Egyptian ceremonies to Roman orgies. And the grape varieties we like tend to have lengthy pasts: For instance, chardonnay grapes from France's Champagne region have been made into white wine since the Middle Ages.

[www.npr.org]

John

The wine world sees what it wants to see
07 June 2019 17:28
People see what they want to see, says Robert Joseph. And that could spell trouble for some, including the English sparkling wine industry.

Eerst maar eens de Brexit afwachten.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

The Inexorable Rise of Wine Prices
07 June 2019 17:25
Inflation is a fact of life, but the relentless increase in the price of wine is startling.

Inflatie is er nauwelijks, negatieve rente. Waarschijnlijk meer kopers op de markt.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Corked wine under screwcap?
03 June 2019 17:03
Mouldy or musty aroma in a wine is probably the most unpleasant oenological defect. It is mainly caused by the presence of compounds called haloanisoles (HA). Corks have been singled out (rather unfairly) as being the main source of HA in wine (“cork taint”), and although the cork is a major contributor, it certainly is not the only cause.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

Le bouchon Neutrocork allège le bilan carbone
03 June 2019 11:45
Amorim a mis au point le bouchon Neutrocork. Selon une étude de PriceWaterhouseCoopers pour le marché du Royaume-Uni, ce bouchon de liège présente un bilan carbone négatif des bouteilles de vin.

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

Top five global wine industry trends of 2019
28 May 2019 17:17
On the 25th of May the USA will be celebrating National Wine Day, a beverage which has been enjoyed for centuries by cultures worldwide.

From canned wines to cannabis infusions, FoodBev is raising a glass to this perennial alcoholic drink by looking at the top new global wine industry trends of 2019 so far.

[www.foodbev.com]

John

Belgian monks resurrect brewery after two century break
21 May 2019 17:52
GRIMBERGEN, Belgium (Reuters) - Belgian monks at the Grimbergen abbey are on the verge of brewing beer again after a break of more than 200 years.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Re: Belgian monks resurrect brewery after two century break
22 May 2019 13:34
Grimbergen Abbey monks to brew beer from medieval recipe

A microbrewery is to be built inside the walls of Grimbergen Abbey near Brussels after monks finally uncovered the long-lost recipes and brewing techniques recorded in medieval manuscripts.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

22 May 2019 13:59
Grimbergen krijgt weer een eigen brouwerij

Na 220 jaar gepauzeerd te hebben, gaan de paters van Grimbergen weer bier brouwen in België. De paters wilt tegen eind 2020 hun eerste biertje op de markt brengen.

[www.biernet.nl]

John

24 May 2019 14:55
De huidige eigenaar van de merknaam heeft daar geen bezwaar tegen?
PGI and PDO European Quality Schemes: How These Certifications Ensure the Excellence of Grenache Wines.
24 May 2019 13:08
PGI and PDO European Quality Schemes: How These Certifications Ensure the Excellence of Grenache Wines
Garnacha/Grenache wines are underrated European agricultural products recognized for traditional cultivation, quality, and prestige with their certification in two European Union quality schemes; “PGI,” or protected geographical indication, and “PDO,” protected designation of origin. Based on the guidelines set by the European Union in 2012 for agricultural commodities, these quality schemes ensure that products with such indication have absolutely originated in that region. The European Union schemes of geographical indications require specific qualifications of products in order to protect the integrity and reputation of regional food stuffs. The definitions of the awarded labels are explained below:

[garnachagrenache.com]

John

Cocktails with Cleopatra?
23 May 2019 17:31
Israeli scientists resurrect yeast from ancient beer jugs to recreate 5,000-year-old brew

[www.sciencedaily.com]

John

Re: Cocktails with Cleopatra?
23 May 2019 23:11
Cleopatra is natuurlijk niet van 5000 jaar geleden.
Zij dronk dat bier dus ook niet cool smiley
Betwixt and between: Ken Helm rationalises his use of the term ‘half dry’
22 May 2019 17:27
Journalist Rhys Howlett talked to Canberra winemaker Ken Helm, whose passion for Riesling led him to establishing the Canberra International Riesling Challenge, to hear his thoughts on the nomenclature used to describe Riesling styles and the reasoning behind his use of the term ‘half dry’ to define those that fall in the midway point between bone dry and sweet.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen