Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Italië, Griekenland

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Italian wine production drops 12% in 2019
24 January 2020 13:11
Italian wine production drops 12% in 2019

Italian wine production fell by 12% in 2019 as a result of unfavourable weather conditions, a report from Italian national statistics institute Istat has found.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Italy’s winemakers put spotlight on Sangiovese
30 January 2020 18:01
Italy’s winemakers put spotlight on Sangiovese

A trade show coming to London will show how Italy’s winemakers are breaking away from commercially successful formulas to make fresher, clearer styles of wine with ‘the blood of Jupiter’.

John

Maremma Toscana DOC now third largest in Tuscany
18 February 2020 18:52
Maremma Toscana DOC now third largest in Tuscany

The Maremma Toscana DOC, based on the former IGT of the same name, is now the third largest DOC in Tuscany behind Chianti and Chianti Classico, with Vermentino accounting for 28% of total production in 2019.

John

Soave’s Volcanic Revival
20 February 2020 12:22
Soave’s Volcanic Revival

Unless you’re a Baby Boomer, you’ve probably never seen the TV ad campaign run by Italy’s Bolla wine company in the 1970s and ’80s, but you can still catch it on YouTube. They show a nattily dressed Franco Bolla living la dolce vita and saying things like, “Why do so many people prefer my Soave Bolla? …Taste.” The ads may have elicited howls of hilarity from Spanish speakers, who had their own interpretation of suave bola, but the persistent pleas to enjoy Franco’s Soave Bolla met with considerable success and helped propel Soave into becoming America’s best-selling Italian DOC wine, surpassing even sales of Chianti.

[www.wineandspiritsmagazine.com]

John

Piedmont is a fine wine region to watch, say analysts
21 February 2020 11:52
Piedmont is a fine wine region to watch, say analysts

Prices for Piedmont’s fine wines are rising as the land of Barolo and Barbaresco shines more brightly on the radars of collectors and merchants, say several industry analysts.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Age Is Be: The Confounding Case of Italian White Wine
21 February 2020 17:54
Age Is Beauty: The Confounding Case of Italian White Wine

In general, it’s relatively easy for wine drinkers to wrap their heads around the idea that certain red wines improve with age. Offering restaurant-goers or wine shop patrons a 10- or 20-year-old bottle of Bordeaux, Barolo, or Burgundy might come with sticker shock, but the concept won’t be scoffed at. Try to do the same with white wines, and you’re much less likely to get traction, especially if you go away from white Burgundy or Riesling, the two whites most often cited when talking about ageability. That’s unfortunate in the case of certain Italian white wines, which can often require a decade or more of aging before they evolve beyond the kind of bright, zippy bistro sippers we most often think of when we think about Italian whites.

[vinepair.com]

John

Wijn stroomt uit de kraan in Italiaans dorpje
05 March 2020 18:24
Wijn stroomt uit de kraan in Italiaans dorpje

ROME - Het is niet enkel corona en kwel in Italië. Inwoners van het stadje Castelvetro di Modena in het noorden van Italië woensdag zagen plotsklaps wijn en geen water uit de kraan komen, melden plaatselijke kranten.

[www.telegraaf.nl]

John

Re: Wijn stroomt uit de kraan in Italiaans dorpje
05 March 2020 19:39
Ik ga verhuizen! drinking smiley
05 March 2020 20:45
Voor Lambrusco?

John

06 March 2020 21:17
Haha grinning smiley

Misschien wisselen ze de wijn wel op dagelijkse basis?
07 March 2020 11:26
Ik zou een deal maken met Hof van Almere. Privé leidinkje tussen "Hof en huis" en je zit onder de pannen. Dan hoef je niet te verhuizen. Dat geeft alleen maar gedoe.

John

07 March 2020 15:23
Hof van Almere, moet ik toch eens drinken!
Sangiovese's Daddy Makes a Comeback
09 March 2020 18:18
Sangiovese's Daddy Makes a Comeback

The parent of one of Italy's most famous grapes is making a name for itself in its own right.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Why These Wines Will Have You Heading For The Hills
13 March 2020 13:35
Why These Wines Will Have You Heading For The Hills

Trentodoc mountain wines are Italy’s best-kept secret

[www.forbes.com]

John

Ornellaia Keeps Calm and Carries On
13 March 2020 13:39
Ornellaia Keeps Calm and Carries On

With Italy in lockdown, there's nothing else to do but get on with things at one of Tuscany's top estates.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Introducing Single Vineyard Barolo And Barbaresco Wines To The World
31 March 2020 12:12
Introducing Single Vineyard Barolo And Barbaresco Wines To The World

In the beginning of February over 200 producers from the Barolo DOCG and Barbaresco DOCG wine appellations in Piedmont, Italy, visited New York City to pour their incredible wines at a once in a lifetime tasting as well as to showcase single vineyard labels and the concept of MGA (a.k.a MeGA) zones that represent these single vineyard notations’ particular bottlings. It was a rare event where many came from all over the world. The areas of Barolo and Barbaresco have always been considered wine growing appellations like no other yet there has become an importance to bringing attention to the various nuances that each site expresses that is channeled through that difficult to grow yet utterly enticing grape variety, Nebbiolo.

[www.forbes.com]

John

How This Leading Tuscan Estate Uses Art To Communicate Wine
17 April 2020 17:24
How This Leading Tuscan Estate Uses Art To Communicate Wine

Long considered a symbol of Italian excellence, Ornellaia is one of the country’s leading wine estates and a name that has long sought to distinguish itself and its wines through the art of storytelling. Founded in 1981 in the small hamlet of Bolgheri near the Tuscan Coast, Ornellaia is recognized for producing some of the best “Super Tuscans” in the area: Bordeaux-style red wines that are refined and elegant, like their French cousins, while remaining thoroughly rooted in Italy’s enological traditions and distinctive terrain.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Produttori del Barbaresco: the worlds best wine cooperative?
20 April 2020 17:30
Produttori del Barbaresco: the worlds best wine cooperative?

In 1894, Domizio Cavazza created Barbaresco’s first cooperative, the Cantine Sociali. Cavazza recognised that Nebbiolo from Barbaresco differed from Barolo, and for the first time, acknowledged this on the label. In 1920, fascist rule forced the Cantine Sociali to close, it wasn’t until 1958 that a cooperative reemerged in Barbaresco; the Produttori del Barbaresco.

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

The latest news from Italy’s wineries and wine groups
04 May 2020 17:21
The latest news from Italy’s wineries and wine groups

We spoke to a selection of Italian wineries and wine groups to find out their latest news and how they are coping during the Covid-19 pandemic.

John

Clean Power of Pisa Trumps Chianti
04 May 2020 17:24
Clean Power of Pisa Trumps Chianti

It's the Italian wine region few have ever heard of, so how can it be better than Chianti?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Chianti Classico’s Eccentric Aristocrat
07 May 2020 11:34
Chianti Classico’s Eccentric Aristocrat

How the noble Castello dei Rampolla was shaped by a winemaking legend, stolen vines and a far-out priest

[www.winespectator.com]

John

How Cavit is transforming wine-making in Trentino with an app
07 May 2020 17:24
How Cavit is transforming wine-making in Trentino with an app

What do you do when you have a surplus of viticultural data and don’t know what to do with it?… Develop a technological tool that supports everyday decision-making, with regular guidance on treatments and optimum harvest dates, and also assists long-term strategic change… that’s what. This is what lies behind PICA, a fascinating web-based tool and app developed by Cavit, one of Italy’s largest co-operatives based in Trentino. It represents 4,500 individual grower members, 10 wineries and a team of 14 agronomists overseeing 5,400 hectares of vineyards, the majority of which are relatively small plots in the hills around Trento. David Kermode was there before Lockdown to see how it is revolutionising viticulture in the region.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Your Guide to Piemonte Wine
20 May 2020 17:29
Your Guide to Piemonte Wine

In the northwest corner of Italy, the snow-capped Alps descend toward the balmy Mediterranean in a series of lush green waves. These hills make up the wine region called Piemonte, which produces more of Italy’s coveted DOCG wines than any other growing area.

[www.jjbuckley.com]

John

Schioppettino, the forgotten grape that sounds like it tastes: crackling!
27 May 2020 17:17
Schioppettino, the forgotten grape that sounds like it tastes: crackling!

The wine travel we are going to plan together today brings us to the very Northern Eastern corner of Italy, to the small town of Prepotto, in the region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, at the border with Slovenia. And we are on the hunt for a sound. Yes, an almost forgotten grape, known for its “noisy” name.

[theitalianwinegirl.com]

John

Bier en sterke drank.
06 June 2017 10:05
Driekwart websites Nederlandse bierbrouwerijen onbeveiligd en niet responsive.

Dit vind ik nog altijd een minder groot probleem dan wanneer ditzelfde over het bier gezegd en geschreven zou worden.

[foodclicks.nl]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 04/12/2019 12:04 door JohnCopier.
Alcoholvrij: bieren zijn top, maar de wijnen? 'Niet te drinken!'
27 May 2017 08:44
BREDA - Alcoholvrije bieren zijn van hun suffe imago verlost. Sterker nog: de verkoop zit fors in de lift en komende week publiceert de Consumentenbond de resultaten van een smaaktest. Bij de wijnen is er minder reden tot vrolijkheid. Bredanaar Ron Andes, voorzitter van de Koninklijke Slijtersunie: "Ik heb er nog nooit een gevonden die ik wilde drinken!"

Laag in alcohol. Dat is puik.

[www.bndestem.nl]

John

Re: Alcoholvrij: bieren zijn top, maar de wijnen? 'Niet te drinken!'
27 May 2017 08:49
Ben het er wel mee eens.
De wijnen geven mij weinig plezier.
Heb ze ook een periode gedronken maar stopte er mee.
Bier is een ander verhaal.
Jammer dat een organisatie uit 18 zoveel ook mee wil doen en iedereen weer van valse zaken gaat beschuldigen.
World’s Oldest Whisky Becomes Component of Super Fancy Whisky Watch.
23 March 2017 18:18
Speciaal voor Robèrt.

[thewhiskeywash.com]

John

Re: World’s Oldest Whisky Becomes Component of Super Fancy Whisky Watch.
23 March 2017 19:42
Oude whisky in een erg duur horloge stoppen....
Er zal gerust een markt voor zijn maar ik begrijp het niet.
Net als laatst met de Australische wijn van 500 euro per fles, ze doen er een kristallen karaf bij en voor 2300 euro in de verkoop.
Iedereen door het dolle terwijl het louter een te dure verpakking is cool smiley
Lidl Whisky
22 December 2016 08:41
Bijna 95 punten in de bijbel?
[www.manners.nl]
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen