Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Italië, Griekenland

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The importance of minor practices in modern oenology: the “Governo all’uso Toscano” case study
08 June 2020 17:48
The importance of minor practices in modern oenology: the “Governo all’uso Toscano” case study

Minor oenological practices are widespread in wine producing countries and regions. Almost every traditional winemaking area developed its distinctive oenological method, resulting in wines with peculiar characteristics.

[www.ciencia-e-vinho.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
About the origin of ‘Glera’, ‘Ribolla gialla’ and others grapevine varieties grown in Friuli Venezia Giulia (North-East Italy)

‘Glera’ and ‘Ribolla gialla’ are the most economically relevant local grapevine cultivars of Friuli Venezia Giulia (FVG) region (north-eastern Italy). ‘Glera’ is used to produce the world-renowned Prosecco wine, while there is an increasing interest in ‘Ribolla gialla’ cultivation due to the strong demand for sparkling wine. Moreover, ‘Ribolla gialla’ is the most important variety in Brda area (Slovenia), on the border with FVG.

[www.ciencia-e-vinho.com]

John

Rediscovering Ruchè, One of Italy’s “Invisible” Wines
23 June 2020 16:51
Rediscovering Ruchè, One of Italy’s “Invisible” Wines

The coronavirus pandemic has paused The Wine Economist’s usual travel and speaking schedule and while I don’t miss the chaos of international air travel I do miss the opportunity to meet interesting new people and the chance to discover wines made from indigenous grape varieties that often don’t get the attention they deserve.

[wineeconomist.com]

John

Barolo Gets the Website it Deserves
25 June 2020 17:42
Barolo Gets the Website it Deserves

A new website offers an expert insight into one of Italy's most prestigious wine regions.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Sangiovese on Edge: Tumult & Triumph in Chianti Classico & Montalcino
29 June 2020 17:39
Sangiovese on Edge: Tumult & Triumph in Chianti Classico & Montalcino

Chianti Classico is the first wine I truly loved. In the summer before my junior year of college, I spent two months studying opera in Arezzo, just east of the appellation’s edge. On that trip, I visited my very first winery, San Felice, where my singer friends and I were greeted with a full wheel of Pecorino. I can probably tell you more about the cheese than the wine, but the experience stuck. The following summer, when I took my first wine industry gig on a whim, the only thing I went into the job knowing was that I loved Chianti Classico. One week in, I asked my boss if she liked it, too. She shrugged and replied that she preferred Brunello.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

The Alpine Wines of Alto Adige
06 July 2020 17:30
The Alpine Wines of Alto Adige

The clean, crisp wines of Alto Adige are gaining a reputation for quality as well as affordability.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Italian Wine Now Has Official Historic And Heroic Vineyards
06 July 2020 17:39
Italian Wine Now Has Official Historic And Heroic Vineyards

This week, the head of the Italian Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (Ministero delle politiche agricole alimentari e forestali, or MiPAAF) approved a decree to define and protect two categories of its vineyards that are markers of Italy’s traditions by way of its wines and which have long been colloquial reference points. Those categories, with further nuances explained below, are heroic — most often precipitously angled vineyards which require those most difficult cultivation conditions known as heroic viticulture — and historic.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Mattia Scarpazza: why Dolcetto is one of Italy’s most underrated varieties
23 July 2020 17:49
Mattia Scarpazza: why Dolcetto is one of Italy’s most underrated varieties

When was the last time you went out of your way to order, buy or drink a Dolcetto wine? With so much competition from other Italian classic grape varieties it has plummeted down the popularity stakes for many years, overtaken in its homeland of Piedmonte by Nebbiolo, in particular, and the Barolo and Barbaresco wines it makes. But sommelier Mattia Scarpazza believes the best quality Dolcetto wines, made from the DOCG vines, are very much worth a second look.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

DOC DELLE VENEZIE GAINS PROTECTION FROM EUROPEAN COMMISSION
01 August 2020 19:10
DOC DELLE VENEZIE GAINS PROTECTION FROM EUROPEAN COMMISSION

DOC delle Venezie, one of Italy’s best-known wine designations, has been registered on eAmbrosia, the database of geographical indications and protected names in the EU for food and drink.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Racism, yesterday and today, in the Italian wine industry.
02 August 2020 18:48
Racism, yesterday and today, in the Italian wine industry.

In 2008, not long after Barack Obama had been elected as the 44th President of the United States, one of Italy’s highest-profile wine guides televised its annual wine awards gala on national television.

[dobianchi.com]

John

Valentina Cubi’s Decade of Organic Winegrowing in Valpolicella
02 August 2020 18:54
Valentina Cubi’s Decade of Organic Winegrowing in Valpolicella

When I first tasted the Valpolicella wines produced by Valentina Cubi in January of 2011, I was captivated. After visiting the organic estate a few times over the last decade and tasting the wines during the annual Amarone Anteprima events that are held every February in Verona, my appreciation has only deepened. This year the winery which is located in the Valpolicella Classica region of Fumane marks a key milestone celebrating a decade of organic certification.

[deborahparkerwong.com]

John

Rediscovering Tuscany's Forgotten Classic
04 August 2020 17:48
Rediscovering Tuscany's Forgotten Classic

Vino Nobile di Montepulciano fell out of favor in the late 20th Century, but new approaches have reinvigorated it.© Visit Tuscany | Vino Nobile di Montepulciano fell out of favor in the late 20th Century, but new approaches have reinvigorated it.
Vino Nobile di Montepulciano is forever in the shadow of Brunello and Chianti, but it is worth exploring.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The original Chianti “formula” translated.
06 August 2020 17:09
The original Chianti “formula” translated.

Above: Bettino Ricasoli, the “Iron Baron” (1809-1880), united Italy’s second prime minister, grape grower, winemaker, architect of the Sangiovese renaissance, and creator of the Chianti appellation. Photo of his portrait at Brolio Castle in Gaiole in Chianti, taken in January 2020.

[dobianchi.com]

John

Wijnboeren Italië vrezen ontoereikende compensatie voor doordraaien oogst
08 August 2020 06:41
Wijnboeren Italië vrezen ontoereikende compensatie voor doordraaien oogst

Wijnproducenten in Italië verwachten dat de huidige compensatieregeling voor het vernietigen van een deel van de wijnoogst ontoereikend zal zijn. Door de coronacrisis wordt er minder wijn geëxporteerd, waardoor een overschot dreigt.

[www.msn.com]

John

Terugkeer van builenpesttraditie: Italië heropent 'wijnvensters'
12 August 2020 17:04
Terugkeer van builenpesttraditie: Italië heropent 'wijnvensters'

In Italië worden de Buchette del Vino van onder het stof gehaald. De bijna 400 jaar oude doorgeefraampjes deden hun intrede tijdens de builenpest als pandemiebestendige take-out service.

[weekend.knack.be]

John

Re: Terugkeer van builenpesttraditie: Italië heropent 'wijnvensters'
13 August 2020 08:40
Geinig!
Maar de foto met een wijnglas in de hand door zo’n luikje heeft niet het beoogde effect denk ik.
A Guide to Italy’s Organic Wine Boom
14 August 2020 17:07
Organic wine is booming in Italy. In fact, the country is the world leader in terms of the percentage of surface area dedicated to organic wine grapes.

According to Nomisma Wine Monitor, based on data supplied by industry sources (Sinab, Eurostat and Fibl) as of 2018, 16.6% of Italy’s vineyards were organically cultivated, which accounted for 26% of the world’s organically farmed vineyards. From 2013–2018, the country’s organic vineyard area increased 57%, according to the report.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Tuscan Wine Crossword
21 August 2020 17:30
Tuscan Wine Crossword

How well do you know your Tuscan wines, grapes and appellations?

[www.decanter.com]

John

What makes wines from these European islands so unique?
24 August 2020 17:31
What makes wines from these European islands so unique?

These seaside vineyards produce a superlative vino

[www.10best.com]

John

STORMS IN VALPOLICELLA CAUSE €6M WORTH OF DAMAGE
28 August 2020 17:10
STORMS IN VALPOLICELLA CAUSE €6M WORTH OF DAMAGE

Hailstorms in Valpolicella last weekend damaged between 4%-5% of vineyards in the region causing up to €6 million worth of damage.

John

Why We Still Need Classic Barolo
31 August 2020 17:03
Why We Still Need Classic Barolo

With single-vineyard Barolos grabbing all the limelight, we shouldn't ignore the blended version that built the region's reputation.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The Visionary For Brunello’s Top ‘Grand Cru’ Wine In Tuscany
02 September 2020 16:58
The Visionary For Brunello’s Top ‘Grand Cru’ Wine In Tuscany

During the 1950s, a young man was faced with the choice of leaving his desolate town of Montalcino to follow his brothers and sisters to the big lights of the Italian cities that were booming with jobs created by new industries or to follow his passion to try to make some of the best wines in the world from his hometown. This young man could not allow his dream to die and with it the town that he loved and so he took all the money he saved and bought a vineyard. But it would not be just any vineyard, it was a plot in the northern section of Montalcino on a hill called Montosoli. This young man knew this vineyard in Montosoli would be some of the most grueling land to farm as each year big rocks, which would roll down from the top, would have to be moved every single year by hand.

[www.forbes.com]

John

What is a “Super Tuscan” and where did the term come from? The answer might surprise you.
10 September 2020 17:09
What is a “Super Tuscan” and where did the term come from? The answer might surprise you.

The more closely you look at a word, wrote the early 20th-century aphorist and poet Karl Kraus, the more distantly it looks back at you.

This couldn’t be more true when it comes to the meaning and origin of the expression “Super Tuscan.”

[dobianchi.com]

John

ORNELLAIA CHARITY BOTTLES SELL FOR £193K
10 September 2020 18:36
ORNELLAIA CHARITY BOTTLES SELL FOR £193K

A selection of large format bottles of Ornellaia’s 2017 ‘Vendemmia d’Artista’ have been sold for £193,980, with all proceeds going to charity.

Mooi schilderij.

John

Tuscan Wine Marks Pilgrims' Progress
14 September 2020 17:47
Tuscan Wine Marks Pilgrims' Progress

A small winery in Tuscany is home to a historic visitor from centuries ago.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Soave approves 33 new ‘crus’
30 September 2020 11:35
Soave approves 33 new ‘crus’

The Italian region Soave has announced the creation of 33 new single vineyard units, covering 38% of the total surface area of the DO.

John

This Tuscan Prison Island Is Producing Top Quality Wines
01 October 2020 17:07
This Tuscan Prison Island Is Producing Top Quality Wines

Historically, islands been selected as prison sites because they provide a natural water barrier against escape. The ability of inmates to work in open spaces has also been considered conducive to rehabilitation.

[www.forbes.com]

John

The evolution of Maremma
08 October 2020 17:31
The evolution of Maremma

Michèle Shah explores Maremma in Tuscany, one of Italy’s most promising wine regions.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

In an Italian Wine Region, Question Marks over Quarantine
14 October 2020 16:49
In an Italian Wine Region, Question Marks over Quarantine

Italy’s Piedmont is dependent on eastern European migrant workers to harvest its grapes, so much so that some fear coronavirus quarantine requirements have been flouted.

[balkaninsight.com]

John

All there is to know about Barolo!
15 October 2020 17:01
All there is to know about Barolo!

The wine world is somewhat partial to a debate between styles that are “old” and those that are “modern”. And enthusiasts sometimes find themselves divided; on one side we have people who enjoy wines made following the newest trends in oenology, and on the other are the stalwarts of tradition who like their wine old-fashioned. This spat is particularly lively in the Barolo appellation.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen