Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Italië, Griekenland

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Produttori Etna Nord: On Mount Etna Small is Beautiful
08 August 2022 17:22
Produttori Etna Nord: On Mount Etna Small is Beautiful

On the scenic slopes of Sicily's Mount Etna on the northern side of the volcano in Castiglione is Produttori Etna Nord - an association of five small family producers that have united to share the indigenous varietals of the region with the rest of the world. Though the wineries are in close proximity to one another and have a common winemaker, the variations in the terroir allow for differences in their grapes and wine styles.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Istria: Wine Across Borders
08 August 2022 17:24
Istria: Wine Across Borders

“My family has lived in the same house for over a century, yet the last four generations have had four different passports,” explains Croatian winemaker Ivica Matošević. He lives in the heart of Istria, the largest peninsula in the Adriatic and a region that has often been tied up in a political tug-of-war. Istria has been ruled by the Venetian Republic, the Habsburg monarchy, Napoleon, the Austrian empire, Italy, and Yugoslavia. Today, nearly 90% of the zone falls into Croatia (which itself joined the EU in 2013), while smaller parts of it lie in Slovenia, and there is a tiny portion in Italy close to Trieste. This may explain why people in this area see themselves as Istrian first and foremost, attached to fixed geography rather than changing political identity. Boštjan Zidar, the chief winemaker at Vinakoper in Slovenia, confirms this, saying, “Every Istrian feels first that Istria is home. Then you can talk about Croatian, Slovenian, and Italian people. Politicians make borders, which make barriers, but the people who live here—their friendships, love, and wine—can always win over these borders.” This also may be why Istrian identity allows better cooperation between winemakers across national borders than is common in this part of Europe. This regional update will focus on Istria’s geography, grapes, viticulture, and winemaking, considering what is shared between Croatia and Slovenia, and what is different.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

Scientists have revealed the composition of ancient Roman wine
08 August 2022 17:27
Scientists have revealed the composition of ancient Roman wine

Scientists from Italy and France examined the wall coverings of three amphorae in July and found that ancient Roman winemakers used local grapes and their flowers while importing resin and spices from other regions of Europe, the PlosOne electronic library reported.

[www.europeantimes.news]

John

The most important wine appellation in Dante’s time? No, it’s not Tuscany.
20 August 2022 10:26
The most important wine appellation in Dante’s time? No, it’s not Tuscany.

One of the most remarkable and compelling things about early Italian ampelography is how cutting-edge it appears today.

[dobianchi.com]

John

PDO Santorini: A mythological terroir
16 August 2022 11:50
PDO Santorini: A mythological terroir

Welcome to an island like no other, where winemaking terroir and traditions are like nowhere else on Earth.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Re: PDO Santorini: A mythological terroir
23 August 2022 12:34
Why wines from the Greek island of Santorini are so unique

The wines of Santorini are rapidly becoming recognised as the world class wines they are. The Greek island of Santorini may be small but its reputation is massive on a global scale and rapidly increasing. But why are these wines so unique? What is it about the soil, climate, grape varieties and viticultural techniques that make these wines so distinctive and worth seeking out?

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

The 'world's smallest vineyard' is selling bottles for $5,000 apiece -- but doesn't want you to drink them
27 August 2022 12:40
The 'world's smallest vineyard' is selling bottles for $5,000 apiece -- but doesn't want you to drink them

Tullio Masoni makes some of the most exclusive wine in the world, but he doesn't want you to drink it.

[edition.cnn.com]

John

Baskets, Balls and…Barolo? Inside Sports’ Fascination With Fine Wine
28 August 2022 12:02
Baskets, Balls and…Barolo? Inside Sports’ Fascination With Fine Wine

Wine wasn’t always a staple in the sports sphere.

[www.rollingstone.com]

John

Italian company says it's 'sick of the controversy' over its Hitler wine
28 August 2022 12:12
Italian company says it's 'sick of the controversy' over its Hitler wine

Vini Lunardelli will stop selling its dictator wines next year

[www.thejc.com]

John

Tenuta San Guido and Sassicaia towards the future, in the name of the Incisa della Rocchetta family
05 September 2022 17:38
Tenuta San Guido and Sassicaia towards the future, in the name of the Incisa della Rocchetta family

A pioneer family, in wine and beyond, which looks to the new generations together with the new president Alessandro Berlingieri, and gm Carlo Paoli

[winenews.it]

John

A World Without Italian Wine
13 September 2022 11:51
A World Without Italian Wine

Who among us could imagine a world without wine from Italy? Well, I’m sure there are those teetotalers who have and do. And there are those for whom alcohol is an addiction, and they as well could, and should, imagine such. But for those of us who are not controlled by alcoholic urges and for whom wine is a safe and healthy accompaniment to our meals and our friendships, wine no longer from Italy is unthinkable.

[acevola.blogspot.com]

John

Greenest Wine Region In Europe And Its White Wine, A Favorite Among Sommeliers
13 September 2022 11:57
Greenest Wine Region In Europe And Its White Wine, A Favorite Among Sommeliers

The sounds of crying, desperate prayers and the unhinged ramblings of people on the verge of madness faded into the background as the cover of night helped to lull the wounded “traitor” to sleep. As he dreamt, he was transported to the soothing sounds of the sea then his dream would quickly transport him to a lush forest accompanied by sounds of the breeze rustling through the trees until finally, his dreaming state settled into a place where he would experience the best sounds of all: his family harvesting wine grapes in their vineyards. But within a blink of an eye, he woke as the sun began to rise and the door of the cattle car, which he was shoved into the day before, was being opened. More people were being pushed into the car until it was at about 200% capacity with people gasping for air and as the people were crushed into the “traitor”, a stabbing pain reminded him of his cracked ribs that were a parting gift from the Nazi soldiers who initially forced him into the cattle car the day before.

[www.forbes.com]

John

DO reorganization, promoting, wine and health, sustainability: UIV priorities for the new government
30 September 2022 12:36
DO reorganization, promoting, wine and health, sustainability: UIV priorities for the new government

Unione Italia Vini (UIV) list of proposals, medium and long-term remedial measures, to solve urgent problems in the wine sector

[winenews.it]

John

Fewer wineries, but larger: Unione Italiana Vini (UIV) photographed the wine scene
08 October 2022 10:00
Fewer wineries, but larger: Unione Italiana Vini (UIV) photographed the wine scene

Over the last twenty years, there are 500.000 fewer wineries in Italy (ISTAT data), but the vineyard areas are the same

[winenews.it]

John

Barolo en primeur auction gathers momentum as 70 producers join line-up
25 October 2022 10:29
Barolo en primeur auction gathers momentum as 70 producers join line-up

This years Barolo en primeur, which takes place next week, is being boosted by the addition of more than 70 producers from the region, who are donating around 1,500 bottles of top Barolo and Barbaresco to the charity auction.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

From Santorini to the world
04 November 2022 13:19
From Santorini to the world

Assyrtiko, the characteristic grape of the hauntingly firm, fumy dry whites of the volcanic Greek island of Santorini, is an obvious example of a lesser-known grape variety that, once tasted, is never forgotten. It magically combines something saline and mineral with something citrus as well as tension and a magical ability to develop even more complexity in bottle even though growing seasons in its homeland are notoriously hot, almost impossibly dry, and inhospitably windy.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Vineyard Estate In Sardinia, Italy, Exudes Rustic Charm
04 November 2022 13:23
Vineyard Estate In Sardinia, Italy, Exudes Rustic Charm

Vineyard properties have become a status symbol for luxury buyers in countries worldwide. But they also draw those interested in pursuing a serious pastime, producing and enjoying their own wine or seeking an investment opportunity.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Map of Etna DOC redrawn to include nine new territories
10 November 2022 13:01
Map of Etna DOC redrawn to include nine new territories

The map of the Etna DOC wine region has been updated to make it easier to identify the myriad contrade (districts or crus) on the slopes of the volcano, with nine new contrade identified as part of the process, taking the total to 142.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Chianti Launches 11 New Sub Zones. US Importers are yet to be Convinced
24 November 2022 18:16
Chianti Launches 11 New Sub Zones. US Importers are yet to be Convinced

For most US consumers with more than passing knowledge of Italian wine, Tuscany’s most famous wine comes in two forms: as Chianti and Chianti Classico. Now, as Liza B. Zimmerman explains, labels bearing the names of generally unfamiliar sub zones will begin to appear on the shelves.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

The Green Heart of Italy: Umbria
28 November 2022 18:08
The Green Heart of Italy: Umbria

Dubbed ‘the green heart of Italy” for its breathtaking biodiversity, the Umbria wine region stretches across rolling hills, wild forests, and pristine lakes bookended between the Apennine mountains.

[mag.sommtv.com]

John

Italy: Grim Perspectives for 2023
06 December 2022 18:32
Italy: Grim Perspectives for 2023

Declining sales and low profitability loom on the horizon. The wine industry must prepare for a difficult year.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

New limits on Etna to control invasive investment
06 December 2022 18:36
New limits on Etna to control invasive investment

New moves to limit Etna DOC (PDO) wine production volumes have been designed to maintain and control average grape prices, as a way of preserving the Sicilian mountain’s wine economy, its environment and viticultural heritage, the Etna DOC wine board has said.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

TOP 100 WINES OF ITALY 2022
12 December 2022 17:56
TOP 100 WINES OF ITALY 2022

It’s not all about Tuscany anymore with our Top 100 Wines of Italy list. Although the region continues to dominate the list this year, other areas are pushing through with plenty of top-quality wines from Piedmont, Sicily, Alto Adige and other parts of the country. And even if a large part of our list of the best Italian wines of 2022 comes from Tuscany, it’s not just Brunello di Montalcino that stands out, with many Super Tuscans listed and even a few whites, such as a barrel-fermented trebbiano of Petrolo and blends made on the island of Gorgona.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Prosecco DOCG launches Green Academy and Wine Tourism lab
27 December 2022 18:35
Prosecco DOCG launches Green Academy and Wine Tourism lab

To mark its 60th anniversary, the Consorzio of Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco DOCG has announced the launch of two new initiatives. The first is a research facility called, The Green Academy, which will enable producers to work more efficiently for the benefit of the region environmentally.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Five Reasons Wine in Italy is Cheaper
10 January 2023 18:17
Five Reasons Wine in Italy is Cheaper

The low price of wine in Italy was one observation I made while spending the winter holidays on the peninsula. This was most apparent at the local grocery stores. The price for a decent bottle of wine ranged from just a few dollars to approximately twenty dollars at the higher end. This is very different from my visits to the grocery store in California, where the lower end of a comparable bottle (DOC or DOCG designation) of wine starts at twenty dollars.

[winedataresearcher.com]

John

Italian Mountain Wines, Friendship and a Good Night’s Sleep
17 January 2023 11:40
Italian Mountain Wines, Friendship and a Good Night’s Sleep

Why most of you came here was to find out about Italian wine. And, over the years, I’ve written a lot about that. I’m not stopping, wine is just a part of everyday life these days. But good wine, and the occasional great wine, make all the difference in the world.

[acevola.blogspot.com]

John

The Comeback of a Cool Piedmont Red
23 January 2023 12:54
The Comeback of a Cool Piedmont Red

Grignolino—the “un-Barolo”—takes a place at the table

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Were These Giant Carved Stones Used to Make Ancient Italian Wine?
23 January 2023 12:57
Were These Giant Carved Stones Used to Make Ancient Italian Wine?

One crisp winter day in 2004, Uran Pelushi was walking along the banks of the Vivo, a creek in the Seggiano Valley in southern Tuscany. Unexpectedly, he noticed an object jutting from the leaf-covered earth.

[www.atlasobscura.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen