Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Italië, Griekenland

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Science brings back Leonardo da Vinci winery
16 August 2019 12:22
Science makes da Vinci wine a reality

Leonardo da Vinci was a master of many things, including wine. Da Vinci’s writings and notes demonstrate he was a wine connoisseur and wine maker. Next month you could buy wine from his vineyard.

[eu.gosanangelo.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Spotlight on… Gaja
30 August 2019 14:10
Owner: Angelo Gaja
The Liv-ex Classification 2019: Second Tier
Vineyard area: 101 ha
Grape varieties planted: Various (Nebbiolo, Barbera, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay etc.)
Most traded Gaja wines on Liv-ex: Sperss, Sori San Lorenzo, Sori Tildin, Costa Russi

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Rosautoctono: A New Alliance To Promote Italy's Traditional Pink Wines
12 August 2019 17:36
The idea isn’t to add to the world's dizzying array of choices but to introduce the growing number of serious pink wine fans to an often overlooked face of Italy's enology history.

[www.forbes.com]

John

What is Freisa? Ask Decanter
13 August 2019 17:11
A close but little-known relative of Nebbiolo, the Freisa wine grape is also capable of producing 'mesmerising' wines and is making a comeback in Piedmont...

[www.decanter.com]

John

In Friuli, A Newly Proposed DOCG With Roots In Recent History
12 July 2019 17:42
The move is both a step forward and a return to generations past. Late last year, six winemakers from the Friulian village of Oslavia, today a slip of land at Italy's border with Slovenia and which for most of the 500 years before the 20th century began had been part of east-west crossroads under Austrian rule, proposed a new DOCG for their village’s Ribolla Gialla wines.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Why Sicily's Mount Etna Is A Hot Spot For Wine Production
27 June 2019 10:35
Between 1786 and 1788 German philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe travelled throughout Italy. He then wrote his book titled, in Italian, Viaggio in Italia—or, Italian Journey. After passing through Verona, Venice, Rome and Naples he explored the island of Sicily, and wrote that in order to understand the entire country of Italy, ‘Sicily is the clue to everything.’

[www.forbes.com]

John

The Native Grapes of Umbria: Luca Baccarelli of Roccofiore
17 June 2019 17:38
Located in central Italy is bucolic and picturesque Umbria, a land of verdant rolling hills and charming medieval towns earning it the nickname "green heart of Italy." The fourth smallest region in Italy, it is also the only Italian region without a coastline or international border. Umbria is surrounded by...

[grapecollective.com]

John

200-metre urban vineyard to cover office building in Milan
17 June 2019 11:56
Italian design firm Carlo Ratti Associati has won a competition to transform a disused industrial site in Milan into an office building and research centre which will be adorned with 200 metres of vines trained on pergolas.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Italy's Indigenous Varieties - Part One
13 June 2019 17:17
While I write about wines from the world over, Italian wines are my specialty, and let's face it, my favorite. Much of that has to do with the amazing variety of the country's offerings, most of which are based on indigenous varieties. As far as I'm considered, there are enough examples - excellent ones at that - of Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and a few other varieties one can find from numerous countries...

[www.forbes.com]

John

First Impressions of Sardinian Wine
13 June 2019 09:54
Sue and I travelled to Sardinia at the invitation of Alessandro Torcoli, editor of the quarterly journal Civilta del Bere (where Wine Economist columns, translated into Italian, sometimes appear). Alessandro organized a series of trade and press workshops and a wine competition to accompany the Porto Cervo Wine & Food Festival this year.

[wineeconomist.com]

John

Agriturismo: Italian region declares only local wines can be served to tourists
13 June 2019 09:46
Farmhouse hotels in Lombardy must serve 80 percent local food and always local wine, the northern region has declared.

[www.thelocal.it]

John

Italy’s Prime Pinot Nero
06 June 2019 17:13
In the 1850s, nobles brought Pinot Noir to this corner of the country. After boom and bust, will it find its stride again?

[www.winespectator.com]#

John

The Sleeping Giant of Italian Wine
03 June 2019 17:11
A couple of days ago, Harper’s UK posted an article about the dominance of Old World wine in the Chinese on-trade sector (restaurants, bars, etc.). While New World regions like Australia are making an active play, France still rules the roost with a 36.7% market share.

[spitbucket.net]

John

The Burgundization of Barolo
28 May 2019 17:28
Subregions of Barolo are getting ever more specific as different terroirs become highly prized.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The Historical Culinary Traditions of Tramonti On The Amalfi Coast
28 May 2019 08:34
Niet zomaar een pizza.

[www.tramontipizzanyc.com]

John

Barolo's Almost Secret Auction
18 May 2019 13:17
Intrepid US editor W. Blake Gray goes to Italy in search of the world's least-publicized wine auction.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

What’s a Super Tuscan and is the Term Still Relevant?
04 May 2019 13:17
Super Tuscans arrived decades ago. It was a category born of frustration with Italy’s traditional wine production rules. Ambitious producers sought to make modern styles and experiment outside the restrictions of the Italian appellation system, known as Denominazione d’Origine Controllata (DOC).

[www.winemag.com]

John

Sangiovese throws a strange quercetin deposit
10 April 2019 15:30
“it’s really ugly,” says Antonino Tranchida, head oenologist at Montalcino’s Col d’Orcia. He is referring to the blue-grey flakes that look like blades of wheat floating in a wine. The residue left by quercetin allows no euphemisms, in contrast to diamond-like tartaric crystals. It’s a relatively new phenomenon – and one that consumers notice. “There are worms in my wine,” was the complaint Montepulciano-based producer Salcheto received from US clients about its 2015 Obvius.

Even geen sangiovese.

[www.meininger.de]

John

De Italiaanse olijfolie dreigt dit jaar op te raken, fraude ligt op de loer .
17 March 2019 19:23
En natuurlijk hebben wij het weer over fraude.

[nos.nl]

John

Re: De Italiaanse olijfolie dreigt dit jaar op te raken, fraude ligt op de loer .
18 March 2019 21:28
Ook al is de olie niet op, fraude is er altijd cool smiley
Mount Etna: Italy’s most exciting new wine region.
13 March 2019 16:33
Wel een linke plek.

Alles is relatief. Wij leven onder de zeespiegel en dat vinden de bewoners aldaar ook linke boel.

[life.spectator.co.uk]

John

Losing the Prosecco name would be ‘catastrophic’
28 February 2019 16:12
The Australian Government is currently conducting free trade negotiations with the European Union (EU) and arguments are being had over whether Prosecco is a geographical indicator (GI), like Champagne, or a grape variety.

[www.theshout.com.au]

John

Dit wijnmerk vermeldt als allereerste de voedingswaarden op het etiket.
08 February 2019 18:10
Food for thought: waarom hoeven wijnmakers eigenlijk geen ingrediënten te declareren op de fles? Op bijna alle voedingsmiddelen vind je tegenwoordig een overzicht van calorieën, voedingswaarden en ingrediënten. Best gek dat dit wat betreft wijn geen gemeengoed is.

[deliciousmagazine.nl]

John

Re: Dit wijnmerk vermeldt als allereerste de voedingswaarden op het etiket.
08 February 2019 19:46
Klopt helemaal, zou ik zeker kunnen waarderen.
Let nu erg sterk op wat ik eet en drink.
Ok, geen wijn momenteel maar je weet nu niet wat erin zit.
Prosecco war heats up.
24 January 2019 18:26
Australian prosecco producers may be able to satisfy the EU by re-naming their bottles Australian Prosecco, according to a recent report in the Brisbane Times. This would be much more acceptable than if they were forced to label wines ‘Prosecco-like’ – which has also been discussed.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Prosecco Producers Accused Of Adulterating Their Wine.
24 January 2019 13:18
As Prosecco, a sparkling wine produced in Northeastern Italy, grows in popularity so do some of the scandals surrounding its production. Recently two producers were accused of adding a non-legal level of sugar to their wines during the production process, which generally leads to a higher level of alcohol in the final product.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Asti Unleashes Two New DOCGs.
18 January 2019 18:40
Geen idee of dit bericht juist is. Ons zoekt verderrrrr.

[www.1winedude.com]

John

Italian Lawmakers Bust Prosecco Producers
10 January 2019 18:01
Aardige slok.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Yay! Prosecco blijkt minder ongezond dan je zou denken
27 December 2018 18:42
He, gelukkig!!!

[www.msn.com]

John

De beste Italiaanse wijnen van 2017
03 December 2018 10:16
Over 2018 valt nog weinig te zeggen. Dit overzicht scheelt een boek.

[www.ilgiornale.nl]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen