Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Tim James: Does terroir matter?
15 March 2019 18:08
A matter of wider interest emerged from my piece about the worrying state of the Stellenbosch Wine of Origin structure, prompted by a Dutch sommelier’s excellent dissertation on the subject. I mentioned that the discussion about wards had not been derailed by questions about whether estates and their marketers want the damn things anyway. Not put off, a professional brandsman (?), Jeremy Sampson, asked in a comment: “So what?” Rather, he said provocatively, “put time and energy into reducing, not adding to, the fragmentation and building up the reputation of South African wine as a whole”.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Let’s drink to a sober revolution
14 October 2019 17:43
As part of a growing trend towards low- and nonalcoholic drinks, South Africans are embracing the millennial idea of ‘mindful drinking'

[www.businesslive.co.za]

John

Wat drinken wij nu?
10 October 2019 21:57
Alhier in het glas een Z.A wijn van Mullineux, de Granite 2010 Syrah.
Keurige 13% wijn, en blind zou niemand zeggen : dit is een Z.A. wijn. Hoe die familie dit doet? 92 H.P. en de kans dat u deze wijn nog ergens tegen komt is vrij minimaal, slechts 80 kistjes van gemaakt >grinning smiley<
Chris Albrecht, winemaker at Bouchard Finlayson continues the legacy of bottling vinous wonders in the Hemel-en-Aarde
28 August 2019 16:51
Magic is a difficult thing to define. It’s a feeling that runs up your spine and all your senses light up; scents become keener, your eyes open wider. Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve is a place drenched in the stuff, from the bowl of sky above, cut at night with crystal stars, to the silent and stoic sandstone rock formations of the surrounding Cederberg.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

Michael Fridjhon: More on the aesthetics of ultra-premium red wines
13 June 2019 09:52
Christian Eedes, editor of this site, never opens a can without expecting to release a few worms. It’s his job to prod corns and bruises, to light firecrackers next to sleeping lions. Years of doing this has taught him to know how and where to nudge. When he suggested recently that maybe we need to re-think our aesthetics when it comes to ultra-premium wines (see here), he was both stating the obvious, but also suggesting that producers and wine marketers might be missing a trick. I suspect ...

[winemag.co.za]

John

How a Klein Karoo wine and fruit farm became a tourist mecca
30 May 2019 18:43
Instead of competing with the giant wine brands, Jacques and Saretha Conradie take advantage of the location of Vogelsang farm to put their wines and estate on the map.

[www.farmersweekly.co.za]

John

Michael Fridjhon: Wine score devaluation and its implications
29 May 2019 17:22
Unsurprisingly, the announcement by Winemag of the results of the Prescient Cabernet Report (which saw almost half of the 94 entries scoring 90 points or more) produced a flutter of commentary in the Twittersphere (see here). Winemag chose to attribute this incontrovertible evidence of ratings devaluation to the “explosion” in quality in the category. I chose to call it score inflation/bracket creep.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Grape sunscreen helping SA growers fight extreme conditions
04 March 2019 16:34
South Australian wine grape growers are getting creative to protect their crops from the elements, after months of extreme weather conditions in the state.

[www.abc.net.au]

John

The History of Oregon Pinot Noir: The Ken Wright Interview
27 February 2019 18:30
Oregon's Willamette Valley has become one of America's leading wine-producing regions. With more than 20,000 acres of vineyards and over 400 bonded winemakers, this AVA has come a long way since the first Pinot Noir vines were planted back in 1965 by David Lett of Eyrie Vineyards. Pinot Noir, of course, is the predominant wine produced in Willamette Valley, having found a special place in the challenging, cool climate of Oregon. The mid-1980s were kind to Willamette Valley, and its Pinot Noirs began to receive the recognition they deserved. The world took notice of their quality, and Oregon was soon trailing behind Burgundy.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Who Is King Of Sauvignon Blanc, France Or New Zealand?
20 February 2019 14:29
Het zal mij jeuken. Als de wijn maar oké is.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Re: Who Is King Of Sauvignon Blanc, France Or New Zealand?
20 February 2019 15:50
Mijn liefde voor wijn is begonnen met één glas Sancerre.
En dat is dit jaar precies 30 jaar geleden!
Vergeet het moment nooit, eerste avond van een wijncursus.
Werd “gedwongen” om daar aan deel te nemen, goede kennis begon een wijnbedrijfje en ging ook cursussen geven.
Ik zat in het proefkonijnenklasje....

Als ik mag kiezen tussen Sauvignon Blancs van over de hele wereld kies ik toch altijd Frankrijk.
Mooiste ooit gedronken is en blijft Domaine Didier Dagueneau Silex, echt fantastisch.
Here’s What Icewine Harvesting in Niagara Wine Country Looks Like
11 February 2019 18:28
Icewine is a unique sweet wine made from grapes that have been left to freeze naturally on the vine. The taste is like liquid gold.

[modernfarmer.com]

John

Re: Here’s What Icewine Harvesting in Niagara Wine Country Looks Like
11 February 2019 18:39
Heb het, lang geleden, gedronken en was een zeer fraaie wijn!
Ook aan de “gewone” wijnen van daar goede herinneringen.
Native Australian microbats could be a natural pest solution for vineyards
11 February 2019 18:25
Microbats cannot be seen or heard at night, but the tiny native mammal could become a new weapon in protecting grape crops.

[www.abc.net.au]

John

Winemaking From Start to Finish (Told in Pictures)
31 January 2019 18:18
The craft of winemaking has inspired hundreds of thousands of people to leave city life for the country. For many, having a winery is a life-long dream. On the surface, winemaking looks simple enough: you gather grapes, throw them in a tank, and then wait. After some time has passed, “voila!” You have wine.

[winefolly.com]

John

A new chapter for fine Australian wines.
28 January 2019 18:14
Down Under gaat als de brandweer ondanks de dalende export naar de USA.

[www.meininger.de]

John

Re: A new chapter for fine Australian wines.
30 January 2019 19:06
Nou, Nederland doet ook een duit in het zakje.
Behind the Bottle with South American Sommeliers.
30 January 2019 13:58
South America isn't one culture. Somms from Peru, Chile, Colombia, Bolivia and Argentina tell us what makes their wine scenes unique.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Tasmanian wine producers look to a warmer future
28 January 2019 18:17
A few hundred meters from the Tasman highway, Glenn and Sandy Travers attend to their vineyard. Craigie Knowe is situated on Tasmania’s Freycinet coast near Wineglass Bay, a spectacular inlet secluded in the island’s eastern hills. Today, Sandy has been out working on the vines, as Poppy, the vineyard dog, lounges in the shade in the winery’s outdoor picnic area.

[www.meininger.de]

John

Australian Wine by Region and Style.
27 January 2019 14:15
Mooi overzicht.

[www.winemag.com]

John

It's Harvesttime for Wine in … Tahiti?!
19 January 2019 13:37
Polynesia's only vineyard is celebrating its 50th harvest—in 20 years. Here's how. Plus, an unlikely Australian critter gives a vineyard a "seal" of approval, a Prosecco protest goes viral (sorta), and … why are Tesla owners pouring red wine all over their car seats?

[www.winespectator.com]

John

‘World’s Greatest Wine Library’ at UC Davis Continues to Grow
08 January 2019 19:01
When Hugh Johnson, author of the ground-breaking World Atlas of Wine, decided to donate his archive of nearly 60 years of wine-book writing to the UC Davis Library in 2016, he explained that he had chosen UC Davis because, “It’s simply the greatest wine library in the world.”

Ik ben gek van boeken. Dit lijkt mij wel wat.

[www.ucdavis.edu]

John

Australian company creates anti-counterfeit solution for China market.
08 January 2019 14:12
Fake or not fake!!! Maar of het helpt?

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

A bottle of the new Penfolds Grange will set you back $900
18 December 2018 17:56
Doe mij maar een doosje.

[www.news.com.au]

John

Waarom de populariteit van blikwijn groeit onder Amerikaanse millenials: betaalbaar per beetje.
17 December 2018 19:03
Niet mijn ding. En ik zie de rotzooi zo dadelijk al weer langs de weg liggen. Gelijk 2 euries statiegeld opzetten.

[www.msn.com]

John

Re: Waarom de populariteit van blikwijn groeit onder Amerikaanse millenials: betaalbaar per beetje.
18 December 2018 12:11
Helemaal met je eens. Er bestaan toch ook halve flesjes.
Re: Waarom de populariteit van blikwijn groeit onder Amerikaanse millenials: betaalbaar per beetje.
18 December 2018 15:29
Ik begrijp die blikjes ook niet zo.
Marlborough winery contaminates neighbours' drinking water with grape waste
17 December 2018 18:17
Moderne vorm van nabuurschap.

[www.stuff.co.nz]

John

Rebuilding Wine Country, Eight Cottages at a Time
15 December 2018 09:31
It happened in a matter of hours. When the Wine Country fires started in California the night of October 9, 2017, they rushed over 30 miles of canyons, from Calistoga west into the hills, exploding in the Fountaingrove neighborhood of Santa Rosa just after midnight. By morning, the neighborhood was gone, all but two houses burned by the fires.

[www.wineandspiritsmagazine.com]

John

Is Oregon Wine Afraid of Meiomi-zation?
14 December 2018 13:24
Lijkt mij voor een rechter niet eenvoudig om hier recht in te spreken.

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen